• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the pokémon BET (IC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

just a little thing to play around in
    if you feel like you have spare time
    during your winter break~
    225.gif

The Pokémon BET

OOC (and SU) found here.
    rated K+

The pokémon living in the forest near Littleroot Town in Hoenn had made a bet. It all started with a few pokémon joking around with each other. Then it went over to quarreling and soon, they were arguing for real and it was not just two pokémon anymore. One side said that they were doing fine living in their forest and that pokémon were meant to be what they are and live where they live because... because that's how things are. The other side mean that pokémon should go exploring and traveling just like humans do. If pokémon had never explored new areas, then they would never have spread across the globe, would they?

It was a pokémon on the second side that proposed the bet first. It's been forgotten who it was, in all the ruckus. But the bet was that they believed it was possible for an average pokémon to travel around all of Hoenn under one month (!)... and come back alive to tell the tale, and being a much stronger pokémon at that. The other side laughed. There was a reason that they were living here, in the calm forests of southern Hoenn, instead of in the raging desert in the north or the drenched rain forests to the east. But they would love to see pokémon try that quest... If they did come back, the laughing side promised to surrender to the Littleroot townsfolk and let them capture them all in tiny pokéballs. It wasn't as if the traveling pokémon would survive anyways.

You, yes, you. You are one of the pokémon who agree on taking on this peculiar quest. You believe, in one way or another, that even the smallest pokémon can do anything if they try hard enough. You may go alone, or with a friend (making 2 characters). You may have other reasons or even strange reasons for making this journey, but you do want to make it. If nothing else, just to see those stupid other pokémon get locked up by humans in pokéballs...

The route was decided beforehand by both sides, to make sure it was a reasonable thing. Flying pokémon were given the task to travel to special places and make sure that all pokémon visited those areas and didn't cheat:

Path Of The Bet
    Spoiler:

Map
    Spoiler:

Pokémon on the quest:

Riesel the Cyndaquil - Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Deka the Shuppet - Otherworld9)
    West the Cacnea

Snyder the Zubat - First Snow

Ashley the Sneasel - Miss Doronjo

Meredy the Feebas - Roswell

Chase the Charmander - -DeepImpact-
    Skylar the Pidgey

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And so, the bet commences...

The sun rose on Littleroot Town in Hoenn. Its inhabitants wouldn't wake up yet; it was winter but Hoenn was pretty warm and bright all year long, laying closer to the equator than the other regions. The pokémon from the jungle like forests around the town, though, woke up with the sunlight. Of course, oversleeping was a popular occupation...

There wasn't a village - pokémon don't really live mixed species in villages - but Littleroot was a peculiar forest in the sense that there actually lived many different types of pokémon within close range of each other and they met daily and in many ways lived their lives together.

This day was special. It had been declared the night before that the bet would begin as soon as the sun rose on this morning. As Riesel the Cyndaquil blinked sleep out of his eyes, laying on his back in the nest in a tree trunk where he made his home, he remembered this. He quickly became very awake.

"FINALLY!" he said to the wall. "It's time to show them what a great explorer I will be!" He strapped on his berry bag and went outside, stretching with a loud yawn in the pinkish orange sunlight. "Not a cloud on the sky... much sunlight for my dear plants today!" Riesel mused as he skittled back to the 'garden' behind his tree trunk home. A few berry plants were there, with nearly ripe fruit. He picked a few Oran berries and a couple of Pecha and Chesto berries. Sadly, he hadn't been able to grow any Cheri berries here. But why would he ever get paralyzed anyways. Hoenn couldn't be that dangerous.

The little Cyndaquil got ready and waved goodbye to his garden and the tree trunk. "Stay healthy. I will pray for you!" he told his berry plants and patted his home, before turning away and walking on two legs towards the center of the area in the forest where most of the pokémon lived. He wanted to see if any other pokémon was leaving as well and wanted to go with him for a while. Not that he wouldn't manage just fine on his own... he wasn't alone after all. He had his berries! But other pokémon could talk back when he spoke to them. Berries, for some stupid reason, couldn't. Maybe that was for the best though. It would be weird to eat a friend that had just told you 'I'm good, thanks, and how are you?'

((OOC: So, its morning, the weather is very sunny. Play! Ask in the OOC thread if anything is unclear. ))

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Deka the Shuppet

The morning was rather cool, not a hint of warmth anywhere. The morning sun was rising, its rays eventually hitting against Deka's warm skin. Wincing, she turns to avoid the lights hitting against her eyes. A few more minutes passed, and she still wouldn't wake up. She knew she shouldn't have stayed up all night, joking with other pokemon. She couldn't help it though, it was in her blood. Deka was simply too excited for the next day, which now happens to be today.

Forcing her eyes to open, she yawns loudly. Smacking her lips together to make an annoying sound, she looks around her warm house. Deka lived inside an underground hole. Some trainer's pokemon made a hole on the ground that was big enough to house 3 Shuppets. She didn't care who it belonged to, it was now her's. She prefers to live at tree trunks, but she found these underground homes more scary to younger pokemon.

Hovering out her home, she blinks as she adjusts to the outside world. Her home, unlike other homes, was pitch-black. How she was able to see in there, even she did not know. There were pokemon already outside. Some were prepared for the journey ahead, others were simply watching.

"I don't need items for this journey! I can steal stuff from others as I go along," she snickered to herself, leaving her hom area. Turning around to look back, a sad feeling engulfed her heart. 'What if I never return? What if I somehow end up in a human pokeball? What if I get burned by some random pokemon?' she thought up random scenarios as she slowly drifted away. Once she got rid of all the worry and focused ahead, she noticed a distinct pokemon in the far distance. The pokemon seems to be waitng for somebody, just standing there with a bag of berries. It was....a Cyndaquil!

"I never talked to one before....," she mumbled out, slowly hiding into the shadows of the trees. Deka started to creep through the bushes, going into stealth mode and trying to be as silent as she could be. Seconds later, she reached the tree the Cyndaquil was stading in front of. Facing his back, Deka took in all her energy, and let it all out in a shocking scream.

"BOO!"

West the Cacnea

He was nervous about this day. Even though he looked foward to being able to finding that specific person and pokemon, he wasn't sure if he could make it. The sun was shining brightly, the weather very decent. Smiling and stretching his arms, West glanced around. His home was pretty good. Unlike other pokemon, his home was made out of scratch. It was more like a small treehouse, except it wasn't on a tree, but the ground. He built it himself along the months, since he scavenged for dead branches and tree trunks.

"The wind is fairly beautiful, the sun shining and very meaningful. The wind is warm, and there seems to be no alarm," he spoke out to nobody in particular, already starting a poem out of the blue. He walked over to the tree beside him, smelling the fresh air with delight. Admiring the morning today, he soon sat down on the grass underneath. Pulling out pieces of grass as he slowly started to drift, he was suddenly awoken by the thought of the bet he had made. Opening his eyes and stretching all over again, he slowly walked out his area and looked for the right direction to take. Once he found one that suited his taste, which was just a straight path with no disturbance, he took a random piece of broken stick and walked foward. This stick may not be fun to other pokemon, but he found it quite entertaining. He walked off into the distance, slowly taking his pace. He felt like traveling with anybody, yet he didn't want to wake anybody up. The only people he seemed to be good friends with are always asleep by this time.

"A journey of a thousand miles....starts with one step," he started to talk to himself, encouraging him to see the bright side of the bet.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Riesel the Cyndaquil

"BOO!"

Riesel didn't scream, but he jumped high up into the sky, almost dropping an Oran berry out from his bag. When he landed again, hair standing straight up on his skin, he turned around only to see... that Shuppet. Gah. She was rather well known around the forest, for being annoying. Riesel snorted and made sure that his bag was firmly closed.

"That was extremely unnecessary, miss Shuppet," he said with a malcontent voice. "If you excuse me, I, Riesel the berry master, am going on an adventure today. I do not have time for games and silly pranks!"

With that, he turned once more to look for other pokémon who would take on the bet. Surely this Shuppet couldn't be one of them...?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Deka the Shuppet

Watching him jump into the air with his hair on ends was sure hilarious. She loved watching horrofied, or scared, pokemon. I mean, such a hilarious way this Cyndaquil jumped from fright? Priceless. He snorted and closed his berry bag, Deka suddenly bursting out laughing from the shock he did.

"That was extremely unnecessary, miss Shuppet," he said with a malcontent voice. "If you excuse me, I, Riesel the berry master, am going on an adventure today. I do not have time for games and silly pranks!"

She was still laughing loudly, yet lowered it to speak out between breaths. "Well, so am I!" she revealed when the Cyndaqul was turning around. She stopped laughing, still replaying that hilarious moment in her head." You should have time for this if you're going to travel anyway," she told him. The berry bag was very alluring, making her ask questions about it.

"Heey...you're that Cyndaquil who likes to collect berries," she said, glancing at him.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Riesel the Cyndaquil

"Heey...you're that Cyndaquil who likes to collect berries," the Shuppet said, glancing at him.

Riesel turned happier when she said that. "Why, of course!" he said, bowing quickly to her with a broad smile. Then he remembered what more she had just said. "Wait... you're taking on the bet too?"

He sighed. This trip could take longer than he had guessed. One month... that didn't seem too impossible to go through Hoenn on. But with curious, annoying pokémon as companions... jeez.

"Well... I'm planning to leave as soon as I've made sure that we're not completely alone in this. Yesterday many more pokémon said they were going as well. Not that I wouldn't make it fine on my own," he added quickly. "But... just... because."

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Deka the Shuppet

The Cyndaquil turned happier when Deka said that. "Why, of course!" he said, bowing quickly to her with a broad smile. A second later, he seemed to go down with the mood. It confused her, yet she waitd until he spoke. "Well... I'm planning to leave as soon as I've made sure that we're not completely alone in this. Yesterday many more pokémon said they were going as well. Not that I wouldn't make it fine on my own," he added quickly. "But... just... because."

"You don't sound like you want me at all. Hmph, fine. Don't want you to explode on me," she responded. "But that won't stop me from annoying you then!" she added quickly, sticking out her tongue as she left the scene. Once she was farther away, she felt a bit hurt. "He thinks he was nice? Well....I'll show him!" she yelled out to herself, looking for other potential victims. Deka knew the feeling well. All she wanted was attention. She knew it gave her a bad reputation to joke around too much, to the point the victim gets serious, but that's the only way she enjoyed it. Deka loved the surprises, the hilarious moments, the shriek! Guess it runs in her blood, her mother used to tell her she was the same way back then. She stopped to look back. Maybe that Cyndaquil really did mean to be nice? What if she was wrong and he didn't find her annoying. It was then that image from the pokemon giving her the annoyed look for a second that took her off. Everybody gives it to her, which meant she was annoying. Oh well, at least they remember her, right?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    [OOC: *Sees back and forth posting*

C-C-Combo Breaker!]

Chase the Charmander

Getting out of bed was always the most difficult job for Chase. He would always groan, moan, cough, and then finally drag himself out of the place where he slept. Today, that place was just a few leaves in a hollow. He scratched his head, as he got up and walked around a bit, chewing a few bits of berries he had just found. There was a vague thought in Chase's mind, that he was most definitely forgetting something. He just couldn't remember what it was. He concentrated hard, until it finally hit him like an out of control 10 year old kid on a bike.

"Ohhhhh snap! Today's the day I leave!" Chase yelled, facepalming. So the challenge had finally started. He wasn't even prepared for the challenge, and the sun was already up. He was pretty late, but then, on the other hand, he didn't have a lot to pack anyways. Most of the stuff was being carried by that little Pidgey Skylar, who had asked Chase to accompany him for the trip. From now on, he would have to travel around Hoenn in just a month. Challenge Accepted.

The only problem Chase faced was that he would have to encounter humans along the way. He was pretty creeped out about that fact. The last thing he wanted was to be captured by a human. Chase looked up at the sky. Not a cloud in sight. It was the perfect weather to start his journey. He decided to pack his stuff up, and leave to find his companion. He tied his cloth around his neck, picked up a few berries, and walked away from his temporary settlement, looking for the little Pidgey.

Skylar the Pidgey

While on one hand, Chase had woken up pretty late, Skylar had woken up pretty early. He was up even before the sun was up. He was pretty excited, as well as nervous about the whole bet. What if he didn't survive? Sure, he had the motivation and the skills to survive, but the whole adventure was going to unpredictable. He was honestly scared.

But at the same time, he felt safe. He had the book. He had the Pokedex. He could easily survive in the wild for a month. After all, he was the son of a great adventurer. Skylar had already packed everything he had to take. He picked up his bag and slung it on his shoulder, and peacefully roosted in a few leaves, watching the sun rise. His eyes shone looking at such a beautiful sight. After it was completely daylight, he took off from his resting place, to meet his strong companion, Chase the Charmander. Somehow, from all the years he had looked at him, he knew he would have woken up late.

Chase the Charmander & Skylar the Pidgey

The two little Pokemon met under a small tree, which they had decided to be their meeting point. Here, they were going to take the first step of their journey. As a team, they were ready to take on anything the harsh world had to throw at them.

Today was the day their journey started.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Riesel the Cyndaquil

It didn't seem like any more pokémon were coming to the center of the so called village. Riesel felt a little down... had so many given up before they even started. But then he needed to be strong and show them that even one small pokémon could make a difference!

Although... maybe he should find that Shuppet again after all... "Shuppet?" he tried calling out. "I, um, I'll be going now. If we see each other, I'll... I won't have anything against it!"

He suspected that he would regret it, but still. Why not try to be polite.

So when the sun was still rising higher on the sky, Riesel left the forest and entered Littleroot town. It was a quiet place with no real asphalted streets. There were mostly villas and gardens and a few really small stores lined up in a bunch, and on the far side of it all there was a very large building that looked important. Riesel wouldn't know what it was though, but it was of course the laboratory where professor Birch did his research.

Riesel didn't fear humans. At least he didn't think he did. He didn't like them, since he had been with a careless one once. But he felt superior to them. After all, he had his fire! Humans had... silly little legs and arms. Not that his legs and arms were longer or more powerful... but still!

He decided to cross the town through the gardens. All was going well, Riesel jumping over hedges and crawling under fences... but then he came up face to face with a Zigzagoon. And by the looks of it, it wasn't a wild one. It had a necklace around its neck and it clearly knew that Riesel wasn't supposed to be in that garden.

"Ehehe... nice Ziggy..." Riesel said, backing off slowly. Zigzagoon leaped at him in a Tackle attack.

"Intruder!" it barked.

"I'm just passing through!" Riesel yelled, fencing the raccoon off with small slaps. It didn't work at all, the Zigzagoon readied a Bite attack, opening its mouth widely.

"Flamethrower!" Riesel shouted, feeling more focused if he said the attack out loud before using it. A strong flame of bursting fire came out of his mouth and blew Zigzagoon away. It landed on the lawn and looked utterly surprised.

"Didn't think I had it in me, did ya?" Riesel laughed, jumping up and down. Just then, a human came out into the garden, dropping her jaw at the rare pokémon there. "Uh-uh," Riesel said and darted away. Zigzagoon went after it, through more fences, over more hedges. The human called after them, soon far behind.

"Looks like it's time for another trick!" Riesel said, glancing behind his shoulder. "Please, dear bag, bear with me," he said to his precious accessory. "Flame Wheel!"

With those words, Riesel's back blew out more flames, and he took a quick leap over a hedge. The Zigzagoon leaped after, but in the middle of the jump, it got struck by a rolling inferno and bounced back onto the lawn beneath. Riesel, now a burning, spinning wheel, had turned around. He rolled on the lawn in the current garden, spinning around and attacking the Zigzagoon again. It was pretty much knocked out when the human finally caught up and found it.

Meanwhile, the flame wheel ran through the remaining hedges and fences throughout the gardens of Littleroot until Riesel reached the far edge of the town, where the large laboratory was. There, he stopped, panting. His bag was ok! There was always a risk of it burning into pieces when he used an all fired up attack. Now he was soon on Route 1! He didn't see the human creeping up behind him though...

((OOC: if anyone else comes through Littleroot and reach the lab, you may intervene somehow. I planned for this human to be professor Birch or one of his assistants, trying to capture Riesel. ))

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • West the Cacnea

He was minding his own business, the shadows of the trees falling to his skin. Following the path took him to another area called Littleroot Town. It was sure a small place, with human buildings of all sorts. He went around the town, hiding in the bushes to prevent being seen. When he finally reached the other side, where Route 101 was, he suddenly felt a sudden blue force that pushed him out of the bushes. Landing on his side, he felt a pair of eyes gazing towards him.

Quickly he stood up, only to be facing a Zigzagoon. Behind it was a human, taming the poor thing. Memories of him and his parents flashed past him, making him hesitate before he dodged the tackle of the pokemon. Glancing around, he caught a glimspe of a Cyndaquil. For a moment, he also saw some flying, blue pokemon stalking the fire type, yet he ignored it. The Zigzagoon looked tired, panting. West breathed in and out, trying to remain calm.

"I just want to pass by...I don't want any fight."

"I....," the Zigzagoon tried to speak out, yet the human told it to stop. He kneeled down and was amazed of West's strange eye coloring. He simply stood there, West not moving as to prevent anything rash. Once the human stood up, West slowly started to back away. By the time he turned his back, West dashed into the bushes as quickly as he could. He was close to route 101, so he made it there in no time. Panting, he looked up and recognized the face in front of him as that shuppet.

"Y-...."

"Bwahaha!" she bursted out laughing. West was puzzled. "W-when you dodged him, then when you fell, then when you....," she stopped to laugh some more, now rolling on the floor.

"Y-you mean...you pushed me out the bushes?" West was shocked. She nodded, laughing some more. "But you were also following that Cyndaquil," he reminded her, Deka halting her laughter.

"I forgot all about him! See ya later!" she rushed out of the scene, trying to find the Cyndaquil. West dusted himself off as he slowly made his way through the route. Nobody else had started yet, making him feel rather alone. Who cares though....he was always alone, and nature was always by his side.

Back