• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Furuba (Fruits Basket)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexis

Game Boy; literally
Years
  • The members of the Souma family are cursed by vengeful spirits, and have been for over a few hundred years. These are the vengeful spirits of the Juunishi. Each person born in the year of a certain animal transforms into that animal whenever they're hugged by the opposite sex or their bodies get nervous. After a little while they return to normal. However, this amount of time is uncertain and varies from each transformation. To top it off, when they transform back, they're naked!

But no outsiders were allowed to know this secret curse of the Souma household. In fact, everyone who accidentally finds out get their memories erased. But this wasn't the case for Tohru Honda, a high school girl who recently lost her mother to a car accident. For some reason, she was able to keep her memories.
    ^ Taken from http://fruits.prettysenshi.com/info
    ----
    That's just the basic facts. In this RP, you'll take a role of the characters in Fruits Basket. This takes place after Tohru Honda learns about the secret. She has yet to meet the rest of the cursed Soumas (she only knows about Shigure, Kyou, and Yuki).

This RP does not need to be exactly as the anime. Anyone could put a strange twist to it as long as it doesn't change any of the characters personality.
    ----
    As for the characters, you'll simply decide which one you'd like to play and give a writing sample.

Here's the character form:
    Name:
    Description: (Just place a picture here. It is easier ;P)
    Personality:
    History:
    Writing sample:

Characters; (if you need any help with the characters then tell me, I'd be glad to help)

Honda Tohru (Marina99)
    Souma Yuki// The Rat {or mouse} (WinterBorn)
    Souma Kyou// The Cat (Legendary Pokemaster)
    Souma Shigure// The Dog
    Souma Kagura// The Boar (LilyPichu)
    Souma Momiji// The Rabbit (Marina99; again :3)
    Souma Hatori// The Dragon (Miyu-Chan)
    Souma Ayame// The Snake
    S. Hatsuharu// The Ox (His zodiac form is a cow)
    Souma Ritsu// The Monkey
    Souma Kisa// The Tiger (paige pelletier)
    Souma Hiro// The Ram

{As for the Horse and the Rooster, I would not include them since I'm basing this rp off the anime}

Last edited:

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Name: Honda Tohru
    Description: http://www.furuba.org/tohru/imgs/chara_tohru.jpg
    Personality: Tohru's a kind of girl whose outlook on life is so precious and pure that she surprises many people. She believes in the good of all people and looks deep inside everyone to discover the beautiful people hidden inside. She puts everyone's safety and needs before herself. She strives to please others, and in doing so she makes herself happy. She is also rather clumsy and often falls down.
    History: Tohru is an orphaned high school student that goes to live with her grandfather after her mother's death. While his house is being renovated to make room for his daughter and her children, Tohru has to move out. Rather than be a burden on her friends, she decides to camp out in a tent. Eventually, she winds up living in Shigure's house with him, Yuki and Kyou.

http://www.furuba.org/tohru ['Lexis-kun wanted me to write the link of the site where I got the info] He's really bossy. =P

Writing Sample:
    "Gomen ne, Kyou-kun!" Tohru cried frantically, bowing her head apologetically.

It was a normal day for her and the rest of the Soumas. And normal for them meant Tohru falling because of her clumsiness whilst either Yuki or Kyou tried to catch her...only ending up being transformed.

Tohru continued on bowing although it seemed that Kyou wasn't as angry as he was supposed to be. Hearing Yuki's words of assurance, Tohru slowly got up and started to the kitchen, apologizing once more to Kyou.
    -~-
    It's short, I know. But you know how I rp since we rp alike so that's no problem, ne? =3

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Name: Souma Kyou
    Description: http://www.sailorstarsun.com/graphics/boyz/kyosohma.jpg
    Personality: He is foul tempered, brash, rough, and rude, but deep down some believe he is not as bad as he pretends to be. (Taken from http://www.fruits-basket.com/characters/fb_kyo.htm)
    History:Kyo spent months perfecting his martial arts skills desiring to finally defeat Yuki, a goal that consumes him like noting else. A member of the Sohma clan, Kyo too transforms into an animal?the cat. The difference is that the cat is left out of the Chinese Zodiac (Taken from http://www.fruits-basket.com/characters/fb_kyo.htm)
    Writing sample: This doesnt need to be Furuba related, right?
    "It's time to... die..." the little girl's voice echoed in my head. Was it my fate to become a casuality in someone's sick, twisted plot? I reached for my sword, and thrusted at the little demon. If I was going down, it wouldn't be without a fight.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Can you please save Kagura for me? I will sign up when I get the chance. ><;

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
  • Name: Souma Kisa
    Description: look at avatar
    personality: shy and quiet she is close to her mother and shys away from people
    history: Kisa ran away from home after kids started teasing her she was bullied and now kisa does not speak she turns into the tiger and when she bites it hurts!
    writing ex: I walked silently in the rain, it felt like ice was running down my spine. I stared at the person before me she was not bothered by the rain she almost seemed like she loved the feeling of being alone..... empty..........
    is that good?

Last edited:

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Name: Souma Kagura
    Description: http://users.animanga.com/LikeADream/bilder/kagura.jpg
    Personality: Kagura, like a boar, is extremely free spirited and wild tempered. She will severely beat Kyo whenever she catches a glimpse of him. When he's not around however, Kagura has a sweet and timid exterior. Don't let her innocence fool you though, because she isn't a girl to be messed around with. If you do, your arm may be found twisted up your back. ^_~
    History:
    Writing sample:

I'll edit it later. I need to go. (again!) So sorry. ;-;

WinterBorn

The Queen of the Snow
    Years
  • Name:Souma Yuki
    Description: http://www.angeltowns2.com/members/fruitsb4/images/yuki2.jpg
    Personality: Charming and mysterius but very curius and likes a good challenge.
    History: Yuki was born with a curse like the rest of the Souma family. His curse is that he will turn into a rat when hugged by the oppisite sex. When Yuki was young he was playing with a group of children untill a young girl hugged him and before their eyes he turned into a rat. The head of the family Akito had to wash their memories away. Yuki hated his family heritage and wanted an escape leaving the Souma house and living with his cousin Shigure and his revival Kyou.
    Writing sample:
    Yuki woke up still exhausted and walking around the house half dead untill a huge interuption caused him to wake up. Kyou bashed through the door like a wild animals and bashed into Yuki who fell to the ground. In a rumble Yuki got up calmly and brushed off as Kyou started to boil up in anger.

"Watch were you are going cat." Yuki said in front of Kyou who appeared even more angered by Yuki's sarcastic responce. After a little yelling from Kyou; Yuki slightly laughed and he appeared like he didn't seem to care. He then said, "True to beat me. You know you can't. With all that training I am sure you will be a better fighter then before but I doubt a challenge." He stated again with a calm but sarcastic voice. Kyou started to attack but failed as Yuki moved out of the way quikly and kicked him from behind making him fly and banging into a window. Yuki shruged and laughed slightly not saying anything and walked calmly away.

(I hope that is good enough from what I remember of Yuki anyway)

Last edited:

paige pelletier

Fruits Basket (Furba) fan
    Years
  • XD sorry I am not trying to sound rude at all akito is a picture of terror for yuki his bro is ayami (spelling) he also doesn't really like himself and is self consous! (again sorry this is not suposed to sound rude! XD I should be ritzu)

Last edited:

WinterBorn

The Queen of the Snow
    Years
  • paige pelletier said:
    XD sorry I am not trying to sound rude at all akito is a picture of terror for yuki his bro is ayami (spelling) he also doesn't really like himself and is self consous! (again sorry this is not suposed to sound rude! XD I should be ritzu)

Sorry i figured I made a mistake but could not think straight when I wrote it. I am glad you found that out.

Alexis

Game Boy; literally
    Years
  • It is no problem LilyPichu, just as long as you finish it. :)

WinteBorn; You're in.

Paige; I'm sorry I can't allow you to join unless you make a clear writing sample. Please make it clearer and with proper punctuation and grammar:

For example;
    I stared at the girl, Tohru, angrily. She did not know who I am; she is a stranger. I thought as I bit the girl's hand. As my teeth touched her skin, my eyes slightly widened in awe...her warm flesh felt oddly soothing.

If anyone would like to start then go ahead. I'll post my chara later.

Alexis

Game Boy; literally
    Years
  • Me said:
    If anyone would like to start then go ahead. I'll post my chara later.
    I quote myself. :P

So yeah, anyone can go ahead and start. We can play the other charas as NPC until someone else plays them.

Anyone is also welcome to have two charas.
    I'll play Hatsuharu, by the way,

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • 'Lexis-kuuun, you forgot to put Haru-kun's profile, ne? =P

I'll play Momiji, too~ =3

Name: Souma Momiji
    Description: http://home.cfl.rr.com/bishopcanaway/momiji.jpg [Wai~ Kawaii Momiji!]

Personality: Momiji is bubbly, loud, bouncy and na?ve. He is also intelligent and cheerful; not whiny. Though he may be reckless at times, he's neither stupid, nor is he clumsy. And although he may present the image of a child, there's much more to him. He possesses innocence and kindness somehow different than others. His cheerful outlook on life wrongly gives off the impression that he hasn't experienced much emotional turmoil or hardship. He is an extremely sympathetic soul and is liable to cry over someone else's problems. He is also rather wise, if that's the right word, for his age. He's able to take something at face value and then discover the deeper meaning behind it [The Most Foolish Traveler, for example].

History: When Momiji was born, his mother was quickly disgusted with her child, one that turned into a monster every time she hugged it. Not only that, but she couldn't fathom that such a horrid creature could come from inside of her.

She fell ill when he was born, and tried as hard as she could not to look at him, interact with him; he was no child of her's, he was the child of an animal, that?s what his mother thinks. She was "always nervous, crying, and screaming hysterically" [as Momiji described.]

One day, a cure was proposed: if her memory was partially erased, so that all memories of Momiji were gone, she may get better. So his father asks him if, out of love for his mother, he would let her forget him, promising to love him enough for both of them.

Momiji, of course, agrees, and it's up to his mother. The decision is obviously easier for her, and she is sent Hatori to have her memory wiped. Momiji watches her in her final hours of knowing him as her son, as she speaks to Hatori. He could only watch as her mother had said that she regretted having him as a son.

And so she lost all memory of Momiji. After a few months, she had recovered completely, smiling, laughing. She even had another child, a daughter named Momo, who did not carry the curse. However, even though Momiji is cut from her life, he still keeps tabs on her and his little sister, carrying pictures of them around, and proudly telling his friends how cute little Momo is.
    [Me got the history from Child's Play~]

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Whee, Miyu-chan is playing a guy~ xD; And errr... slight spoiler alert?
    Name: Sohma Hatori
    Description: http://www.fruits-basket.com/characters/imgs/hatori001.jpg
    Personality: Hatori may seem cold and nonchalant on the outside, but he just really needs some time to soft up. His already cold personality was added another layer due to an event. (History) He's very caring once you get past his coldness.
    History: When Akito decides that a person is to have their memory erased in order to protect the Sohma secret, Hatori is the man to do it. He used to have a girlfriend, they were very close, she didn't even leave when she found out Hatori's true form. But after when he proposed to her, and they went to Akito for approval, they were denyed harshly. Thus causing Hatori's left eye to go blind. The incident caused his girlfriend so much pain that Hatori removed her memory.
    He now wishes that anyone outside the family stay away from the secret that could ruin their life.
    Writing sample: (Errr... This was taken from another RP. xD; )

She smirked, ?See, this is what would happen when you try to force us.? but instead of feeling righteous, all she felt was a whirlwind of emotion.

Guilt. Dread. Sin.

She turned her back on the chaos and ran towards the exit, not daring to look back.
    What would father say? she thought as she ran under the spacious sky, not even enjoying the freedom.

(Most info taken from http://www.fruits-basket.com/ )

Alexis

Game Boy; literally
    Years
  • Name: Hatsuharu Souma

Description: http://fruits.prettysenshi.com/info/char/haru01.gif

Personality: Normally, he's extremely laid-back, dazed, go-with-the-flow, quiet, subtle, the works. However, when his Black side explodes (the opposite extreme, in this case), he's gone over the edge. He'll do anything to get what he wants (or to get his point across) when he turns Black.

History: As a child, Haru was mocked throughout the Souma family because of the Juunishi legend. In the legend, the Rat snuck a ride on the back of the Ox to get into the party. Because he was tricked by the Rat, the Ox was seem as inferior. "The Ox was stupid and dumb enough to be used." Hatsuharu eventually grew an extreme hatred for Yuki simply because he was the Rat; Yuki became his unconscious enemy. Haru became ill-tempered and it was at this point that he developed his dangerous "Black" side, as the Souma put it.

{http://fruits.prettysenshi.com/info/char/haru.html}

As I've said, anyone is welcome to start. I would start it myself, but I have to go now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back