• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 In Gaming

Years
  • Looking through the threads I don't think this has been done and I apologise if I've done something wrong Captain. :P

What games are you looking forward to in 2012?

From the games already announced I only have a small selection of games to look forward to...

- FF XII-2
    - Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
    - Fifa Street

Obviously, there'll be the annual Fifa etc. but, they don't exactly excite me at this point in time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    PROTOTYPE 2 AND MASS EFFECT 3. Besides from those 2 particular games, Hitman Absolution, Naruto UNS Generations, Soul Calibur 5, Bioshock Infinite, and SSX to name a few right now.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Without question, I think the big game I'm looking forward to (so far, until something else is announced) is, Mass Effect 3.

Also...
    - Tales of the Abyss 3DS
    - Luigi's Mansion 2
    - Paper Mario 3DS

So far, not much

Magikarp Queen

Magikarp Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2012
    Luigi's Haunted Mansion 2, Animal Crossing 3DS....I think there's one more but I can't remember it. But yeah, those are the two big ones.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Hm. Let's see.

Tales of Graces F - One of the main games Im picking up in March of 2012.

Tales of the Abyss 3D - Though, it is coming out earlier than ToGf. But glad I got a 3DS for the holidays. :3

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (NA/JPN) - Gonna be getting both English and Japanese, Since Japanese comes out in March, I'll be getting a Japanese 3DS around that time too. When the English version comes out in 2012 sometime, we have no idea when, but when it does it'll be awesome :D.

Thats all I can keep in mind atm, I know there is more but those games comes in mind to me at first though of 2012 gaming.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The games I'm personally looking forward to are:

Mass Effect 3: God, this is gonna be one hell of a game. I mean, I can't wait to find out how Bioware's gonna end this whole Reaper saga. Shepard deserves a nice sendoff too. They can't screw up. D< I WANT AN EPIC GAME, YA LISTENING BIOWARE?? I trust you though. :)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance: Don't think this'll release in the early months of 2012. Perhaps will get a late 2012 or early 2013 release date. Can't be sure. But one thing I can surely say. And that is - This game will pwn. I mean, PWN hard. Seriously. KojiPro (You KNOW about them, right? Creators of the legendary MGS series with unparalleled storytelling abilities as far as my opinion goes ) along with Platinum games (the ones who were behind Bayonetta and Vanquish ;D)? A dream team. HELL YES. <3

DmC: Devil May Cry: Can't wait to find out what NT's vision of DMC is like. The trailers I've seen so far show that these guys have been working their butts off on this game and the combat is looking as delicious as ever. The graphics are sweet and NT is known for their story telling abilities. They have potential to make it the best Devil May Cry game ever. Don't let us down, NT. And you too, Capcom. :P

DMC HD Collection: I. WANT. IT. Nuff said.

Assassin's Creed III(?): The next AC game. I've always been an AC fan since I played AC2. That game was fantastic. Hope Ubisoft manage to create a game as good as, if not better than, AC2 in 2012.

That's all, for now. Will probably add more later if I remember any more..or maybe not. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • PAPER MARIO 3DS! Of course that means purchasing a 3DS... which probably isn't going to happen for a good long while, as of yet. But I'll probably end up getting one when this game comes out. Having seen the trailer, I'm ridiculously excited for it! :D

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • As of right now:

Soul Calibur V
    Devil May Cry HD Collection
    Jak and Daxter HD Collection
    Metro Last Light (?) (I heard it might be released next year but I don't know)
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to Harvest Moon: Tales Of Two Towns on the DS and the speculated English release for that Pokemon spin-off.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Paper Mario (reason I HAD to get a 3DS)

Luigi's Mansion 2

Kingdom Hearts 3D

Monster Hunter - I was looking forward to trying this game series for the first time, but half of the series's titles never left Japan. Why? The sales numbers are good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Mass Effect 3
    Monster Hunter Portable 3rd G, possible localisation thereof
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
    X-Rebirth

I can't find it in me to yet assume that 2012 will amount to the greatness of 2011, but it's looking good regardless.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • I can't believe no one has even mentioned the all glorious Thief 4 game! Shame on you!

Besides Thief 4 there is Mass Effect 3, GTA V, The Witness, Borderlands 2, Syndicate(sadly it won't be released in Australia), Prototype 2, Guild Wars 2. And that's all I can think of at the moment.

Here's a list of what's to come(doesn't list everything): https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/04/an-exciting-list-of-pc-games-for-2012/

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
  • Looks like I'm going to be the first one to say it. Halo 4 and Pokemon Grey....Oh yea Call of Duty - Black Ops 2 (insert sarcasm here)

Back