• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Perfect/Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I've been browsing video battles on youtube, and it seems like everyone and their mothers have perfect/shiny Pokemon; I can understand how people can have perfect/shinies using fourth generation and other games where exploiting RNG is possible, but I don't understand how Legendaries or 5th Generation games can be perfect/shiny, and after attempting a few google searches, I couldn't find very much information about the legitamacy of hacking Pokemon, but it seemed like it was either difficult or impossible due to defensive measures against 'pirates'.

So what's the deal? Has everyone played ~100,000 hours of Pokemon B/W, extremely lucky, an expert at figuring out RNG calculations, or successful hackers?

drarixio

Charging up since '89
    Years
  • A software called Pokésav. Most competitive battlers you've seen on Youtube use it to get Lv.100 Pokémon with perfect natures/stats/shiny.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Alright, thanks for the co-operation, I know there are a lot of douche bags out there that have an opinion one way or another, or don't want to help you because you are posting in the wrong place, or think you can do the research on your own.

Honestly, I've heard of Pokesav before, but I'm slowly proceeding with researching it; hacking Pokemon sounds like something that I'm very interested in, there are a lot of questions about the ethics and authenticity of such Pokemon, but I think that grinding my Pokemon is just a huge waste of time, and in order to play on an even competative field today, it is necessary to min/max Pokemon.

I am still very fond and appreciative of Pokemon that I catch and raise "naturally", and I think a lot of people are losing out on many great experiences by choosing to play Pokemon on a one dimensional level, when there are so many various levels buried beneath that get drowned out by competition.

I was extremely impressed by the cleverness and savvy of the Pokemon players on youtube, not only in their playstyle, but the names of their Pokemon were very interesting; such as the Giratina chinatown, for some reason that one really struck me and I had like a moment of Deja Vu.

I didn't see anything as cool as my female Rhydon Takira though; actually, I'm really interested in giving Pokemon impossible stats, like a Wartortle that is comparatively faster than a Blastoise, which is another reason I'd like to get into hacking: to alter the gameplay environment.

I'm wondering if that is possible; but I am assuming that it is, but that they can't be played online; I also am curious as to whether there is any risk to using cheats in B/W, I know one version of Action Replay allows the player to save back-up files, but I also heard that if cheats are used, the game automatically incurs penalties.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, actually competitively, people use RNG even now in the 5th generation. It's actually a better way of getting Pokemon the perfect stats etc because there's no chance it'll be called upon for being hacked, etc. Plus, these days a lot of people use Pokemon Online, a battle simulator which automatically puts together the perfect stats and movesets so you don't need to breed and such. If you'd like to learn about easier ways to RNG in the fifth generation then maybe ask in the Trade Corner DCC which covers RNGing, breeding, etc. As for the game incurring penalties, it depends on the kind of cheats used, so the safe option is not to use them because there's no actual guide on what cheats are safe to be used or not.

Either way, these kinda questions in general would fit into our Quick Questions sticky, so post there next time. :) But in the future if you do have any questions on Action Replay, then yeah that doesn't really fit in that sticky since it's more for in-game help - so you'd best be Googling that stuff. :x

However, if you'd like to make a general thread discussing shinies in Black and White then by all means you're free to make that, since ours died.
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back