• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a 100 posts a day

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Posts and postcount is a big deal to some, and a trivial thing to others. Do you care a lot about postcount? With that, do you actually base people on their postcount sometimes, for example when a new member has a quite high count, do you tend to value them quicker than otherwise?
    Also, how important are posts in general to you? With that I mean the format, the structure, grammar or spelling, but also the content - do you think them over and write walls of text or do you go by what you feel at that moment? Share it with us anddd preferably no bullets!

trivial question: what do you think is the most posts you ever made in a day? just a rough guess is fine, not talking about the actual statistic.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If I see a newer member with an obscene amount of posts then I actually tend to think less of them than I would a regular user. Posts are about quality to me and if someone joined and got hundreds of posts in a few days or something then it's obvious they're not aiming for quality but quantity for whatever childish reason.

Post count doesn't matter much to me; I only post when I have something to say. I won't go out of my way to sit and force myself to think of a reply or new thread idea just to get that number higher - that's ridiculous imo.

I tend to think over my posts before I post them just to make sure I'm not being selfish/irrational/etcetera (I actually preview my post and re-read it to see what would sound better and change the wording sometimes :P for example, I must have previewed and edited this about 2-3 times). Sometimes people are just very influenced by feelings and say things they regret later down the road. Been there, done that lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Honestly, the higher my post count gets, the more it makes me think that I need to spend less time here.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I care about post count in the sense that I think it represents how I've been here for awhile and have tried to add something or other to the forum. The actual number really doesn't matter though...unless it's like, over 20000 or something. Then it's pretty impressive.

In terms of how much I care about posts themselves, it really depends on the thread. Most of the time though, I just want to make sure that my post is in some way beneficial. That's what everyone strives for, I'd imagine.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It's a nice feeling to have a certain post count, whether it's all the same digit, or an even hundred or thousand, or even a funky palindrome. But my time here at PC isn't a journey to achieve said milestones... they're just a nice little extra for a good time here. The goal is to have fun, not to have loads of posts.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hide everyone's post count, I think that shows how much I care about it.

Seriously, you could spend a million hours here and only post 10 times; and you could spend a few hours here and make 100 posts.

Years
  • I was only really interested in posting when I first joined, I do think it's kind of cool to have a somewhat high postcount number next to my name, but it's not something I'll obsess over.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    To be honest, i dont really give a damn about post counts. :x Doesn't make a difference if you have a high or a low one in my book lol.

Honestly, the higher my post count gets, the more it makes me think that I need to spend less time here.

Gonna have to agree with this lol.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    No, I would never base people on their postcount-or any other statistics, on that matter. And my post count, well, if it wasn't for the blog perk I wouldn't care at all. My posts go through a lot of quick edits but other than that, I'm not a long poster unless I'm starting a thread.

Seeing someone post everywhere is a different story, though. I once made about 50 posts within a few hours, majority of them being on ovp. Can't remember any other 'spree' I had.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't really care about them, really. Only time I care is when someone is complaining about not being able to post pics/links till 15 posts, or when they somehow bypass that rule with less than 15 posts. Other than that, I don't care really. My large post count looks nice I guess, but like it's been said here, it shows I spend way too much time at PC, haha. I guess I just have a lot to say. The most posts I've made in a day is probably around 100.

Edit: I do acknowledge milestones, like interesting numbers (like when I had 2010 posts lol) and the next thousand. That's kinda cool, but otherwise, meh. I agree with Harelequin below about people with huge post counts that have only been here a short amount of time though. That's just weird to me.

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Most of the time I couldn't care less about post count, but I guess like a lot of people here, I find it fun to reach a milestone in your post count. Why shouldn't it be? It may just be post count, but it's still interesting to reach numbers like 1234, 1000, 2000, 3000 etc.
    However, it annoys me when people who have been here for like two years have a massive post count. Like, in the 10k+ region. I guess it's silly that it annoys me, but it gives me the impression that they're going for quantity and not quantity or that they just want to see your username plastered all over the forum all hours of the day. Of course, I'm probably just being irrational, but it annoys me, y'know? It's a lot more likely that the people just want to contribute a lot to the forum and that's just great.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    They are pointless. They have no meaning, and I would never judge anyone or anything based off of them. But as the general consensus is.... it's just a fun little thing to keep track of and have milestones and all that yadda, but other than that, it's pretty pointless. It'd be like keeping track of the number of times you've ever said something in your life, and I can't think of anyone who would note that as a great achievement... =/

Years
  • I never think about post counts. I dont even care about other peoples post counts. Why would I?

I only acknowledge my post count when I meet a certain milestone, like 1,000 or 5,000. Other than that, idc.

Years
  • Postcount? It's only important to me when I have an awesome-looking number, like the next thousand. Otherwise I don't care. I can't even tell you what mine is off the top of my head, and good luck asking about anyone else's.

As for my posts themselves, I strive to make them halfway decent. My grammar isn't perfect, but my spelling isn't awful due to spellcheck. Several sentences is a must, unless the thread is really hard to answer. Sadly I'm not the kind of person that can write paragraphs unless it's something I'm really passionate about. Sometimes I wish I could. The longer the post, the more intelligent I feel. It's a silly thing to think considering that longer doesn't mean better, but... *shrugs*

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Quality over quantity is my thinking, really. I don't care about post count and form opinions on members on what they say rather than how many times they day it (although if they do it a heck of a lot I'd also think of that... but usually not in a good way =p).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm a bit proud of my post count because I got to a large amount within a short span of time. But now, I kind of don't really care.

Generally, posts show how much a person contribute to the community, IMO.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I'd root for quality over quantity, really. And after having 1k posts in this forum, I've really just stopped about number of posts.

I currently have 30k posts on a loosely moderated forum somewhere on the internet, but I've gotten about 2/3rds of those by posting non-contributing stuff like "lol," "haha..." "this (after quoting something)" sort of nature (which you can't do here because the rules are strict). You could also contribute to this community other than posting, so my mind isn't generally on post counts.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Pretty much all of my posts are decent quality, since Trade Corner doesn't count, that is. ;) I tend to think about most of my posts on the fly, but I don't like to let low quality posts to go through... I care a bit, though. I like to have a decent post count, I guess.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • IMO, the higher the post count of a user, the more respectable he/she is. It doesn't apply to everyone, though. That's the purpose of the Spam Thread in the Staff section, where staff members can spam all day long and bump up their post count to make them a more respectable member.

Ayselipera

Pretty much the same. I barely spend anytime here anymore, but even so when I glance over at my post count I'm always like, "oh god..."

If you have a really low post count then I would just think you must be a fairly new member which would lead to me looking at your join date. I tend to look at join dates way more often than post counts anyways so doesn't matter.

As for my posts it depends on my mood. I usually don't post on PC unless I'm bored and feel like typing a lot so I think most of my posts are an average length.

Anddd most posts I've made in a day is probably around 20. I used to post quite a bit in the past so that's why.

Back