• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Max Pokémon

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There's no such limit in Essentials. What made you think there was?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • What do you mean by Max Pokemon? Do you mean the max number of Pokémon per save (Which is unlimited), max number of Party Members, or max number of different species(Which is probably also unlimited, though I don't see why anyone would ever want over 999 or even that many species)?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • As far as I know, you can have unlimited number of species defined in the pokemon.txt. Unless you were doing the arduous task of importing every species from various hacks that had species aside from the 496 defined in Essentials - Quartz, Touhoumon, heck even Bootleged Diamond for what that's worth - I don't see why you would need that much space. But hey, to each their own.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    well just thought 999 was the max just because the way the files are (001.png-649.png) also wasnt really planning on more than that it was just incase because Ive added more than expected allready (just been adding extra pokemon for different genders or extra evo stages)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    And after 999? I think that some features need to be adapted (like pokédex)

But change the 6 pokémon in party can make a very unique fangame, only don't abuse it and make something like 20 pokémon.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I tried a species with number 1020, and that worked just fine.

There's no way there's going to be an option to change the party limit in Essentials, because that means it would need to be supported, and sorting out the graphics for the party screen would be nasty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    ah kool so basically after 999 then the files just go to 4 digits thats great news (just incase)

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    There's no way there's going to be an option to change the party limit in Essentials, because that means it would need to be supported, and sorting out the graphics for the party screen would be nasty.
    Yeah, I know and agree, I was talking about would be fun if some fangame to create customization to it.

Back