• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my HG Team

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
  • Since I'm getting a new copy of HeartGold I want to use a team of Pokemon I never use. This team will be:

Pokemon 1: Meganium - Petal Dance | Synthesis | Aromatherapy | Body Slam
    Pokemon 2: Golbat or Crobat* - Cross Poison | Air Cutter | Bite | Confuse Ray
    Pokemon 3:Magneton or Magnezone* - Discharge or Thunder Bolt| Thunder Wave | Flash Cannon | Tri Attack
    Pokemon 4: Growlithe | Arcanine - Flamethrower | Thunder Fang | Crunch | Extremespeed
    Pokemon 5: Poliwag | Poliwhirl | Poliwrath - Both Water and Fighting

I need one more Pokemon. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well in this section you actually need to post movesets (and natures etc but mostly movesets) so not much can be really rated from here, until you post the movesets you're considering using. :(

As for the last Pokemon, most of us don't know what you've used before, and it really depends on which gyms you feel you'll have the most issues with.

For example, by Eruteak, an Espeon can come in handy because it can take out the Pokemon in the next two gyms for you (or Umbreon but beware it adds more weaknesses to your team by the time you get to Chuck), plus with Espeon if you grind it a bit it should be able to outspeed Gengar. As for Claire, you could use an ice type, like Piloswine & team it up with Magnezone to cover her. HOWEVER, on the other hand, Umbreon can be useful against Will @ the Elite Four, but then for the next two Espeon would come in handy (then Poliwrath, then your combination used for Claire). You could always breed the Eevee you get in-game to get you an Espeon and an Umbreon and adjust them on your team when it matters, while leaving out Meganium @ Elite Four because it won't help you at all. :x

But yeah up to you, it'd really help though if you did post the movesets you're considering etc so we can help out more!

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2014
    How about dratini, well you can't use it pretty much until you beat the final gym but it can be really useful against lance sense hes got 3 dragonites

Back