• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Origins of Black Kyurem & White Kyurem

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
Years
  • How do you think Kyurem's new forms fit into the backstory of Reshiram and Zekrom (Which is partly shown in the 14th Movie, and mentioned within the games.)

In the games

The Origins of Black Kyurem & White Kyurem

An old man mentions that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one Pokemon, presumably, this Pokemon was Kyurem.

Of course, if he entirely split into the legendary duo, there would not be any of him left, so based on that, the Kyurem you see in black and white is the broken remains of a once even more powerful Pokemon.

(This is backed up by his 'broken-off' looking body parts)

The 14th Movie

(And still yet a bit of information from the games) Goes onto explain this Plot further;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reshiram and Zekrom were once one dragon Pokemon (Kyurem), and it belonged to two twin heroes. Using the power of this dragon Pokemon (Kyurem) They created a new land, which they named the Unova region.

But each of the two brothers sought something different in life; the older brother sought 'the truth', and the younger brother sought 'ideals'.

They began to argue amongst each other, and in response to this, the dragon Pokemon (Kyurem) split in half.

It's two halves were Reshiram and Zekrom. Reshiram sided with the oldest of the two brothers, and Zekrom with the youngest.

The arguement continued, and Reshiram and Zekrom began to battle each other, both equally as strong.

After realising there was no point in fighting, the brothers came to a stale-mate, and agreed to stop the battle.

Unfortunately for the two brothers, it was their sons who then decided to resume this battle, and in doing so -the two legendary Pokemon obliterated Unova.

Reshiram and Zekrom then disappeared soon afterward.

Awaiting in a slumber, ready to be awakened again.

After realising what they had done, the sons of the two heroes set out to rebuild their once glorious land, which despite all of the odds, they managed to do, and Unova flourished into the land we see in Pokemon Black and White.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When initially hearing the story, I invisioned a mixture of all 3 of the Pokemon, but now we've been given Black and White Kyurem, which is two Pokemon - which still doesn't make this alleged 'Original one dragon Pokemon' as the legend talks about. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Do you think perhaps maybe they will fuse together too?
    Any other theories on this and anything related to the backstories of these Pokemon?

Discuss.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    As I've speculated, Kyurems is supposed to be from space according to the legend in Lacunosa. Kyurem fell from from the sky/space in a Meteor and created the Giant Chasm. If we play it like Deoxys, it was most likely sealed away inside of the meteor and released when it collided with the planet.

Likewise years later two more will fall to the planet holding within them Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Once they are released, they start to wreak havoc on Unova.

Other idea is that they were both sealed with Kyurem but when Kyurem's meteor entered the atmosphere, it broke into three pieces, each holding a different kyurem. When they story progresses in the new games, the other two will awaken and be pursued as sources of power.

We really need to see how they play their part in the up coming movie. I highly doubt they are fusions as most fear mostly because of the lack of Reshiram and Zekrom in that movie. If they were in it, they would have possibly been noted by now. Their legendary items as well. The Movies aren't known for reusing the same major plot item over and over so with the stones being in the area for the last movie, I doubt we'll see them in this movie.

What I think, Keldeo is frozen in Kyurem's ice, muskedeers show up to save him, the other two Kyurem are also frozen solid somewhere and are awakened or something close to that.

If not then it has to do with Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. If it is a form change, Kyurem has to some how learn them before changing.

As I've speculated, Kyurems is supposed to be from space according to the legend in Lacunosa. Kyurem fell from from the sky/space in a Meteor and created the Giant Chasm. If we play it like Deoxys, it was most likely sealed away inside of the meteor and released when it collided with the planet.

Likewise years later two more will fall to the planet holding within them Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. Once they are released, they start to wreak havoc on Unova.

Other idea is that they were both sealed with Kyurem but when Kyurem's meteor entered the atmosphere, it broke into three pieces, each holding a different kyurem. When they story progresses in the new games, the other two will awaken and be pursued as sources of power.

We really need to see how they play their part in the up coming movie. I highly doubt they are fusions as most fear mostly because of the lack of Reshiram and Zekrom in that movie. If they were in it, they would have possibly been noted by now. Their legendary items as well. The Movies aren't known for reusing the same major plot item over and over so with the stones being in the area for the last movie, I doubt we'll see them in this movie.

What I think, Keldeo is frozen in Kyurem's ice, muskedeers show up to save him, the other two Kyurem are also frozen solid somewhere and are awakened or something close to that.

If not then it has to do with Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. If it is a form change, Kyurem has to some how learn them before changing.

Last edited:

DARKSHADE

Years
  • As I've speculated, Kyurems is supposed to be from space according to the legend in Lacunosa. Kyurem fell from from the sky/space in a Meteor and created the Giant Chasm. If we play it like Deoxys, it was most likely sealed away inside of the meteor and released when it collided with the planet.

Correct. And thanks for bringing that up by the way! I probably should've added the Lacusona legend to the thread too.
    However, I don't know if it played out quite the same as Deoxys.

Perhaps, I'm not sure what to think of this though.. I doubt it'd be true, otherwise it'd be quite a coincidence for Kyurem to have 2 moves related to both fire and electricity.

Understandable, I just can't seem to get out of my head how they can't be forms.. they're clearly made to look like the the two legendary dragons, and Kyurem having 2 moves which corespond to it's new forms.
    And whilst the chances of the stones are being in the same place again are slim.. I wouldn't put it entirely past them to re-use them.

That's a quite a guess on the movie plot, but it doesn't sound too unreasonable, I don't think the two new legendaries would be frozen though.

Now this I can accept, but I don't think it'd be just a move thing like the weather is with castform, that seems to completely ignore the legend. Although who knows, maybe it was a move that caused them to split.. but even so, it Split into Reshiram and Zekrom, not Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

These two new forms don't seem to entirely fit.

It may also interest you to know that there is placeholder data for an alternate form of Kyurem in Pokémon Black and White. There was the same type of placeholder data for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl.

Illumknight

Trainer of the South Winds
    Years
  • This is just my perspective but perhaps if Reshiram & Kyurem fight they are forced to become White Kyurem (same with Kyurem and zekrom) and if all three Pokemon are in the same area they will become this Legendary Dragon Pokemon in the Unova Legend? And maybe this Legendary dragon was in fact forced to become to "Halves" and Kyurem was the individual shard of the dragon (Like Zekrom & Reshiram -the two halves- become the power, the two halves meaning Power not embodiment, and Kyurem was that body, resulting in his shattered look, because he lost all of his true power.) This is just speculation of course.

DARKSHADE

Years
  • This is just my perspective but perhaps if Reshiram & Kyurem fight they are forced to become White Kyurem (same with Kyurem and zekrom)

So what you're saying is; if Reshiram or Zekrom are forced into a fight with Kyurem, they merge with him to produce either Black or Wite Kyurem?

Interesting perspective.

If all three Pokemon are in the same area they will become this Legendary Dragon Pokemon in the Unova Legend?

^ I believe something like this, but I don't think it'd be as simple as having them in the same area.

Maybe this Legendary dragon was in fact forced to become to "Halves"

Well it may have been, or it may have been out of choice, either way you look at it, this Original Dragon Pokemon had to do SOMETHING to prevent the two heroes fighting.

Kyurem was the individual shard of the dragon (Like Zekrom & Reshiram -the two halves- become the power, the two halves meaning Power not embodiment, and Kyurem was that body, resulting in his shattered look, because he lost all of his true power.) This is just speculation of course.

It would seem something like this.
    Reshiram and Zekrom are meant to represent Ying and Yang, and Kyurem represents 'Wuji' the abscence of Ying and Yang, so your theory may have some logic too it.
    However personally, I'd still say Kyurem still has some power, just nowhere near the amount of it's original form.
    And yes I'd definitely agree his shattered look was due to the split.

~DarkAchu~

Shady Character Lurking Around
    Years
  • Sup, Darkshade long time no see...

I'm not sure how it will be handled in the movie, but for the games as soon as I saw the new forms my mind just thought it in a more simple way for example White/Black Kyurem is made by simple holding or the player acquiring the respective stones and since the stones are sort of the imbodiment of the Two split dragons, one can assume Kyurem would some how use the power from the stones without fully taking on the complete form.

In short I think the Stones will play a part in the two forms some how rather than Zekrom and Reshiram.

DARKSHADE

Years
  • Sup, Darkshade long time no see...

I'm not sure how it will be handled in the movie, but for the games as soon as I saw the new forms my mind just thought it in a more simple way for example White/Black Kyurem is made by simple holding or the player acquiring the respective stones and since the stones are sort of the imbodiment of the Two split dragons, one can assume Kyurem would some how use the power from the stones without fully taking on the complete form.

In short I think the Stones will play a part in the two forms some how rather than Zekrom and Reshiram.

D-Darkachu?! Wow I am running into a lot of surprises spending time back on PC ^^ Nice to see you again.

And yes that would make perfect sense! Now I'm thinking 'Well what if he could hold both stones at once? Would he THEN turn back into his original form?'

This is all getting very confusing.

Obviously.. Which would be what?

Well it did already happen.... who knows if its going to happen again...

LOL! I was thinking the same thing when I saw them XD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It may also interest you to know that there is placeholder data for an alternate form of Kyurem in Pokémon Black and White. There was the same type of placeholder data for Rotom, Giratina, and Shaymin in Diamond and Pearl.

That was actually discredited by most of the news sites. No other site found evidence to report that claim. I was in the discussion we had on this forum about that info.

There is a trailer being uploaded to filb.de today so we'll know shortly.

DARKSHADE

Years
  • That was actually discredited by most of the news sites. No other site found evidence to report that claim. I was in the discussion we had on this forum about that info.

There is a trailer being uploaded to filb.de today so we'll know shortly.

That particular piece of information came from Bulbapedia, it's untrue you'd think by now someone would've changed it.. who knows.

And it is? Perfect, I'm excited! :3

EDIT: If it's the 32 second one, I have already seen it. It doesn't reveal much.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That particular piece of information came from Bulbapedia, it's untrue you'd think by now someone would've changed it.. who knows.

And it is? Perfect, I'm excited! :3

EDIT: If it's the 32 second one, I have already seen it. It doesn't reveal much.

The Code thing was on Pokebeach and some french website I believe. I've never seen them post it on Bulba.

And the one from Oha Shuta. It revealed nothing but Black Zekrom using some electric attack. White Reshiram readying an attack and Keldeo looking like it was just released from something.

So now we wait for Saturday for them to post stuff on Pokemon Smash. -w-

DARKSHADE

Years
  • The Code thing was on Pokebeach and some french website I believe. I've never seen them post it on Bulba.

And the one from Oha Shuta. It revealed nothing but Black Zekrom using some electric attack. White Reshiram readying an attack and Keldeo looking like it was just released from something.

So now we wait for Saturday for them to post stuff on Pokemon Smash. -w-

Yep I just saw it.

Atleast I got to see Black Kyurem moving..

But that was almost nothing, however it does break your theory about Keldeo.. it seemed as if it was also awoken, then again, he may have been encased in ice, who knows.

Years
  • Lol don't say that, I don't like DBZ xP

I can see your point though, Pokemon is getting complex.. and it's not ALWAYS good.

Well when I first started like Pokemon nearly over 14 years ago, I like it how every Pokemon is unique to one another.

Now we get this fusion thing.. is this just an excuse for not being able to creatively design new Pokemon?

I just disagree how every generation there needs to be over 100+ new Pokemon. I mean seriously, why?

DARKSHADE

Years
  • Well when I first started like Pokemon nearly over 14 years ago, I like it how every Pokemon is unique to one another.

Now we get this fusion thing.. is this just an excuse for not being able to creatively design new Pokemon?

I just disagree how every generation there needs to be over 100+ new Pokemon. I mean seriously, why?

As did I, Pokemon Red was my first game ever.
    Pokemon is extremely important to me, and I'm now studying games design in college if that says anything.

So I fully understand your frustration and agree with it, I could live with this fusion and everything.. but it's not making any sense right now >w<

Years
  • As did I, Pokemon Red was my first game ever.
    Pokemon is extremely important to me, and I'm now studying games design in college if that says anything.

So I fully understand your frustration and agree with it, I could live with this fusion and everything.. but it's not making any sense right now >w<

Some of the new Pokemon just look terrible..

It reminds me back in the R/B/Y days where people were going on about these fake cheats on how to get "Pikablu" etc and then on websites you would see these poorly designed fusion Pokemon

DARKSHADE

Years
  • Some of the new Pokemon just look terrible..

It reminds me back in the R/B/Y days where people were going on about these fake cheats on how to get "Pikablu" etc and then on websites you would see these poorly designed fusion Pokemon

Ah I remember..

152. Houou
    153. Topegy
    154. Pikablu
    155. Tyranticus
    156. Primator
    157. Doomsay
    158. Doomsday
    159. Psyke
    160. Wizwar
    161. NidoGod

And I can agree, I really don't like the look of Black Kyurem, and a lot of the 4th/5th gen Pokemon really agitated me, as I've said before, it's like watching my childhood get slowly murdered.
    I'd like Nintendo to at some point have a competition, where fans send in their Pokemon artwork and they work with that..

You may be correct in that these pokemon just look like sprite splices, but their backstory isn't that badly thought out.

Years
  • Ah I remember..

152. Houou
    153. Topegy
    154. Pikablu
    155. Tyranticus
    156. Primator
    157. Doomsay
    158. Doomsday
    159. Psyke
    160. Wizwar
    161. NidoGod

And I can agree, I really don't like the look of Black Kyurem, and a lot of the 4th/5th gen Pokemon really agitated me, as I've said before, it's like watching my childhood get slowly murdered.
    I'd like Nintendo to at some point have a competition, where fans send in their Pokemon artwork and they work with that..

You may be correct in that these pokemon just look like sprite splices, but their backstory isn't that badly thought out.

What I think they should do for the next Generation and onwards is focus more on the storylines, and less on generating new Pokemon.

A few new Pokemon in every generation will make eyes open as people would be wondering.. oh is it stronger than the Pokemon we know of now? How do they compare?

But when you have over 100 new Pokemon, it's basically too many. Most people don't even remember all the names of the Pokemon now. When it used to be 151 + the new ones from Johto, you could really put names to the Pokemon's faces. Now you can't anymore because it's overkill.

Back