PDA

View Full Version : [B2/W2] English Preorders.

Spherical Ice
March 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Play-Asia have already started to take pre-orders for B2/W2 - do you see yourself pre-ordering them anytime soon? After all, we literally know nothing about these games. Do you care, though? Will you just get them because you get every Pokémon game? :3

Hoenn
March 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Beat me to it!

I won't be pre-ordering considering that the International release is only a short length away from the Japanese release, I would if there was 6-7 months difference.

White 2 (http://www.play-asia.com/Pokemon_White_2/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-4k9j.html)
Black 2 (http://www.play-asia.com/Pokemon_Black_2/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-4k9k.html)

Railgun
March 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Why buy it if you can't read Japanese? Unless your trying to learn it. Maybe its just me since in rpgs I like talking to everyone even if its useless people lol

Hoenn
March 11th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Why buy it if you can't read Japanese? Unless your trying to learn it. Maybe its just me since in rpgs I like talking to everyone even if its useless people lol

People who are impatient like me like to pre-order so they can get it upon release, they play it for the game not the dialogue.

Iceman3317
March 11th, 2012, 09:45 AM
IDK,but I will get both of them. Depends on what the prorder prize thing is for America. I will not however order Jap. Versions. But the English versions I might preorder White.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
March 11th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I won't pre-order it. I waited six months waiting for BW, so why not three for B2W2 ^_^.
I also enjoy reading the dialouge so even if I did...

Railgun
March 11th, 2012, 09:52 AM
People who are impatient like me like to pre-order so they can get it upon release, they play it for the game not the dialogue.

ehhh for me it would be pointless since its an rpg and rpg has things to read. Playing it just for the gameplay for me would be like walking down the street naked. Just my opinion though. I guess it could help people learning hiragana since it does not have kanji in it if I remember correctly.

Fenrir Reki
March 11th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I probably won't preorder any of them until it gets closer to its release date or until a special version gets announced. I doubt Nintendo would have any special editions for both B2 and W2 anyways, but I know Gamestop might have a promotion for it, so i'll be waiting for now.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
March 11th, 2012, 10:12 AM
No way. I'd rather wait and be able to read the dialogue in English, and I'm not preordering any new Pokemon game until I make sure it doesn't commit any of my personal Deadly Sins that would ruin the game for me.

vaporeon7
March 11th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I never pre-order the games in Japanese. I can't read japanese and the games wouldn't even work in my 3DS anyway. Plus the fact that the english release is so close anyway, there would be little point. I'll just buy them the first day they come out in Australia.

Oryx
March 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
ehhh for me it would be pointless since its an rpg and rpg has things to read. Playing it just for the gameplay for me would be like walking down the street naked. Just my opinion though. I guess it could help people learning hiragana since it does not have kanji in it if I remember correctly.

Uh, that's a weird analogy, lol.

But I intend to buy them no matter what but not in Japanese. I might pre-order them in English though, just to have them.

Volcarona
March 11th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I don't see myself pre-ordering them. For the Japanese version, I will struggle at understanding the game and where to go, lol. For the English version, I don't pre-order games because I can find them somewhere in town.

Ultimo1991
March 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
preorder? eh not for me eve tho i can read japanese i guess i can say im to cheap to pay shipping when i can just buy them for cheaper without shipping when they are actually released^^

Kano Shuuya
March 11th, 2012, 02:16 PM
In a perfect world where I get a bigger paycheck, yeah I might pre-order it.

Under normal circumstances, I'm not gonna bother.

For one, I really do enjoy the games more when I can read the text past the character names, and the word 'Pokemon'. XD; I might play about an hour or so into a ROM file, but that's it. I'll be one of those people who just sit tight and wait for the official English release. Gives me something more to look forward to.

Joshawott
March 11th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I won't be pre-ordering White 2. In all of the years I've been a gamer, I haven't once pre-ordered a game. That being said, I will admit I plan on pre-ordering Kid Icarus: Uprising simply because of the fact that in doing so, I can get a remastered version of the original Kid Icarus, which just so happens to be my favourite NES game.

I'll definitely be buying White 2, though. It's not because I buy every game in the series, either; it's simply because Nintendo shocked gamers worldwide — myself included — by not creating a mere third-entry game. That, and it's been quite a while since I've played a Pokémon RPG.

MrGriszell
March 11th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I will, I did with white and I'm glad because I can get all the Japanese WiFi events

firion2j
March 12th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I'm gonna pre-order. I promised some roleplay pals I would, so I can report what's happening in Unova.

Forever
March 12th, 2012, 04:24 AM
I don't intend to get the Japanese versions w/ pre-order, or at all, but maybe for the English versions. I wanna understand the games, so I'm fine with waiting a little longer for them :3

Hoenn
March 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
I've learnt from pre-ordering Soul Silver & White from Japan that it destroys the game play when it comes to buying them in English, you know what's happening the only change is the text so from now I'm just going to get the English release regardless of the gap.

Jorah
March 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Going to pre-order it in English, not Japanese, because I can't read Japanese. Anyway, Play-Asia seems really expensive...£38 for a DS game? I pre-order because it's always cheaper online than in the shops. Also a possibility of getting it a day before release...although it can always deliver late...like HGSS did >___>

Kleinchen
March 12th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Nah, I don't plan on preordering it. I probably won't even get it right when it comes out -- I didn't get White until BW had been out for about a month or so. It just depends on how busy I'll be with school and work when it comes out, and when I'll have time to actually play it.

TeamRocketKid
March 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
How soon were you able to preorder BW 1 in the states? I think it was April but not sure.

johnny18
March 12th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I used to play games in English when I did not even understand a single english word so I may preorder the jap version. I will keep all of my mons on Eng game and restart over and over on jap one :D

Medaka
March 13th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I plan on pre-ordering. I'm waiting to see if cdjapan will be taking pre-orders and if they will have the pre-order bonuses included with the games. Based on that, I will then decide if I want to pre-order only Black 2 or both games.

Blaze the Cat
March 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I might pre-order in english, even just to get it in time for wi-fi events. I always miss the first ones. Even if it delivered a month late, it would be earlier than any other way possible for me.

BIGoDeViN
March 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I made the mistake of buying Platinum early in Japanese. I couldn't barely play it, plus it took away all the fun since you don't understand it. I'll just wait for one I can read, lol.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
March 29th, 2012, 11:00 PM
To be honest, I can't be bothered, knowing absolutely nothing about it.

loganmedwards
March 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
I think I am going to preorder as soon as possible in English. I just finished Black so maybe I will preorder White 2 and see how that is

Sydian
March 30th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I will probably preorder a Japanese Black 2, since I got White in Japanese. There's always so many guides online even on the first day of coverage, plus it's not like I'll get the copy on release date, so I'll be fine. It'll be my third time importing as well, so no biggie. I'll wait till I have enough money though, which will probably be after either Easter or Mother's Day. Busiest days of the year at my job.

awolfsquared
April 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I'm hoping to pre-order the English version of Black 2. I'm hoping to get both though it may not be possible. I can't understand Japanese so I'm better off waiting for the English version.I'm making a goal to have a job before the games are released so I can afford to pre-order.

Sodom
April 12th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I preordered both earlier today! I was gonna take a photo of the receipt and show it to you but EB Games uses this odd faded ink so you can't really see anything :(

In English by the way. I buy nothing whatsoever in anything other than English haha.

Shiny Celebi
April 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Ive bought the games in japanese before and played through Black just fine in japanese. Im considering preordering the japanese versions for a few reasons, one being that I really dont want to wait and be left out among the people playing the games in japanese already and another because I have access to wi-fi and dream world events exclusive to Japan. You really dont need to understand japanese to play Pokemon Ive found. Plus there will be guides on Pokemon sites if I need help with moves and stuff. I just honestly want to play the games as early as possible.

Hoenn
April 12th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Just want to add now that I've got a glimpse of the games I may reconsider pre-ordering, with all the information, walkthroughs etc being released and having to wait another few months I'll probably get too eager to play it buttttttt I think I can last out.

Kano Shuuya
April 13th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I want to be surprised by this game when I get it in English, unlike how I spoiled half of BW for myself by playing part of it in Japanese. I want this one to be a surprise from start to finish, aside from what I read online. I just don't want to play any of it until it's legally out in English.

Yoshikkko
April 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I've never pre-ordered any of the games in Japanese actually, I always wanted to wait till they were in English so I could enjoy them from start to finish like Drew said, and it's also not like I can't wait a bit longer haha, if it means that I'll just understand everything without needing guides and all that.

Doppelgänger
April 13th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Nah. I havent preordered a pokemon game since Diamond and Pearl. I'll just pick it up the day it comes out.

Patchisou Yutohru
April 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM
I'll pre-order them when the pre-order for Game Stop goes up. I'm actually EXTREMELY excited for these games. More so than I was for Black and White when they were getting ready to come out. I like the main characters a lot more than I liked them in the originals, so I am legitimately excited for them. I think Generation V is going to replace Generation I was my favorite after these games are released. :P

G.U.Y.
April 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
I already pre-ordered it through Play-Asia, I also got the fastest shipping they have.

The last time I pre-ordered a game through Play-Asia (Pearl) I got it the day before the release date. I hope that happens again. o3o; Also bought a DSi LL

Kaori
April 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Like Patchisou, I'm going to be waiting to pre-order from GameStop. AND I CAN'T WAIT. I never really bother to get Japanese versions to games, because it makes it less enjoyable for me. I mean, I can't understand what's going on in the game so why not wait and save the money? :p

Livewire_
April 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Idk. I want to get them as soon as possible, but I'd like to know what's being said, etc. I'm pretty sure I could advance through the game easily though. It's Pokemon, not rocket science.

If I like what I see in the upcoming 'revealing of details' department, then yeah, I'll pre-order the Japanese version of Black.

Asuf
April 17th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I'm considering pre-ordering from GAME, but I can't make up my mind! Do I want Black or White, both mascots look awesome and I can't decide which to get, I'll probably end up getting Black 2 though, since I have Black...

Hiroshi Sotomura
April 17th, 2012, 02:12 AM
It's actually quite funny to see the trend from a few years ago - people would say they were importing the games simply because they wanted to play it, and the story would be pretty "generic" so people would just guess what they were doing. They generally made it through the game but didn't understand a whole lot.

This time, a lot of people are expressing that they wouldn't understand it and will preorder the English version.

I'm personally importing it. I can certainly read it (with Kanji mode off) and understand what's happening, and for various reasons, I'm locked into the Japanese games anyway.

Mew~
April 17th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I'm not too sure about pre-ordering right now. I mean, I'm definitely getting both - it's just I've don't really pre-order much anymore, and there's a GAME store around the corner, but I don't know if they'll stock B2/W2 due to the problems their currently in.

I'll mostly likely just buy them in store somewhere. ;.;

I won't bother pre-ordering the Japanese games though - it doesn't look like we're going to have to wait such a long time between releases this time anyway..

giradialkia
April 17th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I hadn't thought about pre-ordering it, but to be honest I may well do that. It'd probably be cheaper in the long run (I guess pre-ordering here means paying a little and then covering the rest once the game actually comes out). That and I'd be guaranteed a copy- although I've never, ever had a problem with a lack of available copies of a Pokemon game, so I'll have to think about it.
EDIT: Actually I should say I definitely WON'T be pre-ordering from Play Asia. I'm all good with getting the Japanese ROM for a sneak peak while I'm waiting for the English version to come out, but I couldn't possibly play through the entire game in Japanese; I just wouldn't enjoy it, and I really want to, so I'm going to at least wait until you can pre-order the English editions.

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 04:39 AM
There is a BestBuy not too far from my hometown, so I think I'll preorder from the store and just pick it up the day it is released. I would do GameStop, but sometimes they can be a bit unreliable here.

Zephele
April 17th, 2012, 04:48 AM
I likely won't bother with the Japanese version since, well, I'd prefer to be able to understand what's going on.

I probably won't bother preordering the English version either and just and buy it on the day seeing as my local store is really close, and Pokemon games seem to be in stock more often than not.

Kaori
April 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Speaking of preordering, I wonder what kind of gift we'll get for placing a preorder. I liked how we got figurines for HGSS and I think we should get Black and White Kyurem figurines this time around. They seem to be the best gifts, aha.

or a Unova Pokémon plush which is highly unlikely, but I would love one

Yoshikkko
April 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Figurines would be pretty cool haha. If there's like protag figurines or anything I might consider pre-ordering I suppose. Or cute keychains or something.

Jellicent♀
April 17th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Figurines with the pre-orders would be awesome. or maybe little keychains of your choice from the main characters or major characters. I personally would like a little mini-plush of the rival. BestBuy usually has little extra stuff thrown in with it, so maybe I'll get a nifty little stylus or something.

Forever
April 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hmmm maybe like figurines and a sticker page, or at least something small to add on the side so it isn't just figurines. PLUS ALL KIDS LIKE STICKERS and it might sway a few parents to pre-order :3

Kaori
April 18th, 2012, 01:53 AM
STICKERS! I'd probably end up saving them, and barely using them. :[ Just because they would be too good to use!

To be honest if we were to get more than figurines, I'd like a poster with it. Didn't have to be to promote the upcoming movie, but a poster that promotes the actual games would be nice.

Forever
April 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Well if there's a poster, I think that'd be a good incentive, but only if like, it's holographic on the side of the game you have? Like, if it's of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem and depending on what game you pre-ordered, it's... holographic on that side. :3

Jellicent♀
April 18th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I'd rather stickers to come with the preorder if anything was to be added with a figurine. A poster wouldn't be that bad, really, maybe with like, the protagonists and the rival on it with all of the Pokemon revealed so far on it, much like the artwork in Coro Coro Magazine.
I'm most anxious about when other places will start allowing preorders to be made.

PokeFreak201306
April 18th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Im for sure gonna preorder Black 2 once it get avaiable in a Gamestop near me or something like that, if i have a job by then i might preorder Both :D

Katniss Everdeen
April 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM
I was going to order the Japanese versions just to have them, but I think we'll be pre-ordering the English versions instead. [Black 2 for me & White 2 for my hubby since I got White the first time. ♥] I know there will be guides I could use and everything, but I'd rather be able to understand what I'm doing/reading like most people in this thread. x3

Cid
April 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Like most people here, I will not pre-order a Japanese version of B2/W2. I'll probably browse online for the new features, Gym Leaders, characters and any other additions that just couldn't wait, but I won't play the game. It's not because I wouldn't understand it, I just like these games in English more. That being said, I won't be pre-ordering an English version either. I don't have any means of pre-ordering at the moment.

I would love a poster or a figurine from the pre-order, sure, but that doesn't change anything. I'm still going to be broke and unhappy.

Besides, I can wait. I'll earn money, then I'll buy them.

Axeliira
April 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM
I'm going to wait till about 1-2 months before the release date to secure my copy of B2/W2. Same as what I did when I pre-ordered White last year. I have no plans to pre-order the Japanese version.

JJAttacker
May 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone has bought either of the two. I'm thinking of buying one of them in Japanese and just wondering if anyone else had.

Killjoy
May 13th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Nope. I think they come out next month in english though, unless they pushed it back. I'll be buying them then for sure lol

JJAttacker
May 13th, 2012, 06:06 PM
It says on Play Asia that it comes out in Japan next month and October for the US. I'm still gonna get the English version, just thinking of getting it early even if it's in Japanese lol.

Charlie Brown
May 14th, 2012, 12:47 AM
It comes out mid to late June in Japan and sometime in the Northern Hemisphere Autumn in English. A release date for the US, Australia, Europe, etc hasn't been confirmed yet.

Gonzo
May 14th, 2012, 12:50 AM
It comes out mid to late June in Japan and sometime in the Northern Hemisphere Autumn in English. A release date for the US, Australia, Europe, etc hasn't been confirmed yet.

Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...

also, I preordered japanese b2 ;)

Mynewusernameiskuzronkjustlookthatup
May 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I will buy it in October-November 2012 in English from a shop

Kelranox
May 14th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Dunno why I'd forego purchasing it. I'm quite curious as to what the storyline will be, as compared to B/W. I'm -hoping- that you'll be allowed the opportunity to retake control from your character in B/W as opposed to using a new character...because it will basically be like playing B/W all over again if that route is taken. Hoping Gamefreak stay true to the idea of a 'sequel'.

Alinthea
May 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM
I will get it when the English versions come out. I am not that 'hyped' for the new versions, so will just wait.

Charlie Brown
May 14th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Well, it's coming this autumn in US, Europe and this Spring in Australia. The release date is going to be in October-November 2012, so I really don't know where did you get your information...

that's exactly what I said, lol? I said that it's coming sometime in the northern hemisphere autumn in the English language (ie autumn in the us, Europe) and thus at the same time for Australia (ie Australia's Spring). Though an actual date has not been confirmed, nor has a month, so although it is likely it will be released in October or November in English, this is not confirmed by any means so you can't really go around claiming it as fact like that ._.

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 15th, 2012, 01:33 AM
My biggest surprise is at how The Pokémon Company is insistent on unifying the release dates.

Nintendo itself doesn't seem to give a damn.

But given HG/SS's trend, I wouldn't be surprised if the games see a simultaneous worldwide release. Australia would probably see it a few days after every other Western country does.

Incidentally, EB Games and GameStop have had them open for preorders for a while now.

Twiggy
May 15th, 2012, 02:55 AM
I don't preorder, because I won a preorder on another Pokémon forum I frequent. English versions, that is. Speaking of the release dates, it's probably only a good thing, no?

Hoenn
May 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM
I'm sure they wont sell out in stores nearby, some might but rather than Pre-Order I'll wait till an English release date and go in a few days before and try and reserve one like I did with White last year.

KingCyndaquil
May 28th, 2012, 07:34 AM
the gamestop in my area always sells out of pokemon games, you either have to go there sometime early after it opens or preorder, so i started preordering with HG/SS, i hope we get something for preordering!

I never get games in Japanese, but my friend does because Japanese is his second language lol

jackalmf
May 28th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I pre-ordered both today so I can speed through and start breeding/working on new stuff for my pokemon team as soon as possible. I've been getting really into breeding decent pokes and then ev training them lately :). Saves problems of having to trade for access to Landorus's and Tornadus etcs new formes.

I'll definitely be looking for trade/breeding partners for the Japanese games when they are first released if anyone is interested? :)

Mr Cat Dog
May 28th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I highly doubt that BW2 will run out on opening day in the UK. I'd put money on it, in fact. Not a lot... but I'd definitely put money on it. Because of this, I'm probably not going to pre-order the game; it's a very rare occasion when I pre-order anything, and since I'm probably not even going to get these straight away, there's no real need for me to pre-order now. I'm happy to wait even if the freak occurrence of a sell-out actually happens.

The Fallen
May 28th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I personally will not be pre-ordering these. For me, there would no point in performing this action. I've yet to complete Black & White 1, so pre-ordering would just be me taking away from those whom are truly excited for their release. Plus, I doubt these games will sell out.

MrsNorrington
June 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I preordered it. All the hate on importing is so annoying. It's not dumb to import. As for me it's dumb not to because by the time the English game comes out, I would have seen every single spoiler online. I'm always online so I can't avoid it. It's not worth it to me to have the entire game spoiled by the time I get the game. So I need to import. These aren't the days of Red, yellow and Blue, where I was 7 yrs old and didn't have a computer.

Anyways, for anyone that did pre-order and import the first game, how long did it take to arrive? The release date was Sept 17th, how close to the release date did yours arrive?