• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where can I ask about AR codes?

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
Years
  • I have some questions and in order to not post in the wrong place I decided to ask :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not really a place to ask. Most people as in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions, which is a no-no. Asking for AR codes isn't allowed here, so you'll have to Google them. If you wanted to discuss them like "which AR codes do you use in your games?" or "do you think using an AR is cheating?" or something, that's fine as long as codes aren't being passed out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually Sydian, Black and White has been allowing them to be asked for in Quick Questions if people want to give them out so yeah. I personally don't really see much of an issue with them now (someone even posted a DW cheat tutorial and nothing bad happened there) and as long as you mention the appropriate warnings, etc.

But yeah seems we apparently all haven't agreed upon/decided yet. :x

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Actually Sydian, Black and White has been allowing them to be asked for in Quick Questions if people want to give them out. I personally don't really see much of an issue with them now (someone even posted a DW cheat tutorial and nothing bad happened there) and as long as you mention the appropriate warnings, etc.

But yeah seems we apparently all haven't agreed upon/decided yet. :x

The no AR code rule still stands in my forums either way. It's not really that hard to use Google. Besides, at this point in time, I'm sure all AR codes that exist for generations I - III are posted online somewhere. But since the OP didn't specify what game he's talking about, then we don't have a clue what exactly he's looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Right now, no-where. As Nica said there's discussion of it but nothing's been decided yet so you'll have to Google it for now.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I usually use GameFAQS or the like if I'm looking for AR codes. There's not much discussion that can come of a thread asking for them here, which is generally why such threads are frowned upon.

I can agree with perhaps having a "simple questions" style thread in Pokémon Gaming Central for people asking for some, but that's the best I can see. XD

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • Sorry I wasn't specific. I don't want to give me AR codes ( as Sydian already said I can google them). I just have some questions about the warnings some of them have and about the legit-issue. Also I would like to find a thread like " Which AR do you use and why" like Sydian said. I don't like using codes ,I use only the clone code or the quick egg hatch for obvious reasons.
    thanks for the replies :)

Back