• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death.

Essentials

Lost in Thought
Years
  • Have you ever experienced a near-death situation? If yes, do me a favor and tell my all the details. I've never experienced something like that. But sometimes, in a vehicle with a reckless driver, I just hold on to my seat for dear life, but nothing really happens.

If no, then tell me if you ever wanted to commit suicide. I have never wanted to die. I never want to. And since I'm not immortal, I might as well live my life before I die.

And if you're wondering why I'm asking you these questions, it's because I'm dead I just saw something you'd never dare to see.

Edit: Squeee~ I just realized that I have experienced a near-death situation. I had dengue fever, I don't know if you ever heard of it, but my mom said I was really sick. Luckily, I didn't die. I love my life.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I've nearly been run over by a car about three times in my life, but apart from those, they're the only near-death experiences I've had. Can't say that I really want any more, either, given that I don't really want to die any time soon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ive never had a near death experience, luckily for me. I tend to stay out of dangerous situations. Ive also never ever considered suicide nor will I ever do so, I value my life and want to live as long as I can, however I know Im not immortal, I accept that someday, I will die, its just a fact of life but I want to live my life and enjoy living.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I've nearly been ran over at least twice, come up close with a mountain lion while walking home, got into numerous bloodbaths for fights that determined whether I would live to see the next day or not, and I've considered suicide and actually attempted it twice before, neither attempt worked sadly. How or why I'm still alive even I have trouble believing tbh lol.

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012
    Thankfully, never.
    The closest it ever got was me getting run over by a bike.
    Although people say that I got seriously ill on my first week (of life) or something like that

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I almost got hit by a car once, but that's about it.

I was about to cross a busy street on my bike, and looked both ways and it was totally clear, then I stepped out into the street, and some truck going like 500 mph brushed up against my front tire, and the guy yelled at me. His face was solid red... although I'm not surprised, considering he almost killed a little kid.

Years
  • Major asthma attack + major hayfever attack = panic and other stuff. Only had enough oxygen going to my brain to keep me conscious at one point.

Also, been run over by a car couple of years ago, that was a fun experience. Only 3 hairline cracked rips, so wasn't really as bad as it should have been.​

Years
  • I've almost been run over.

This one time I was training against one of the adult black belts (I was a brown belt at the time) and he goes for a round house kick to my head. My heart skips a beat so I wasn't able to put my guard up. My body dropped slightly and his kick connected above my temple and it sent me crashing to the ground. It was bad timing for my heart to skip a beat but at least it caused me to lower my head slightly, because if he did connect that kick to my temple, there's a reasonable chance it would have killed me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have not had a near-death experience, at least not to my best memory. Since that's never happened, I guess my answer to the question has to be about whether I've wanted to commit suicide.

So, uh, no. I've never considered suicide. I have thought about it before in the abstract, just what it would be like if I died and what people would say at my funeral and how everybody would cry and who would come and who would care etc... but I've never actually considered it as an option in my life. I'm a very happy person.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
  • i cannot count the times i've almost been run over by vehicles. for real.
    but the CLOSEST i've ever had to encounter death would have to be this particular instance wherein, whilst i was crossing a two-way street, looking left and right mind you, a jeepney
    Spoiler:
    literally skidded to a stop right beside me. first and foremost, i had no idea what he was doing in that lane, as he was going the opposite direction compared to the other vehicles on that lane so i seriously did not see that coming. second, he only honked his horn at the last second, meaning to say that the moment i heard his horn and turned around, the vehicle was already beside me. third, i was on the pedestrian lane, and i'm pretty sure that vehicles are supposed to slow down whenever they approach one (at least, in my country it's a rule).
    i got quite, uh, traumatised to say the least because of that experience, so i now cross streets wherever there is a visible traffic light and pedestrian crossing.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Okay so I (and science) view near-death experiences as one where you are on the bringe of dying/actually died (stopped breathing, no heartbeat, etc) but was reanimated. But since everyone is considering situations where they could have died I'll just do that lol.

Yes I had that happen to me like 2 times from what I remember, both in the swimming pool. The worst was when I was very little and I was playing with other kids, and they had a small animal-shaped inner-tube with a rope attached and they would pull you around like a little train and everyone would get their turn etc. I wanted to go too but I was a little too big and when they pulled it it flipped over so I was with my head in the water and my legs up. Now an inner-tube isn't supposed to flip over and it's made so that it won't, so I couldn't flip it back, especially in the position I was in lol. So I remember the thought going through my head of drowning even when I was like 3 or 4. The only thing I could do with a lot of effort was arch my back and get my head up to breathe but it would be pushed down almost instantly again because the tube was pushing on my head. I could get a hold of the side of the pool eventually and pull myself up but I was in complete panic and ran to my mom crying lol and she had no idea what had happened. So this got longer than I was planning but w.e XD

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • once a cobra snake wraped around my leg while i was 9..still alive

another time i saw a big weired black dog who later i discovered it's a wolf after i saw the yellow glowing eyes

my brother was about 4 years old he get out of the house and ran towards my dad's car while dad was driving..my brother is too short and sure my father didn't see him..that was about to be a disaster..i ran and stood in front of the car to protect my bro...close to death.

i fell downstairs two floors..and still a live..

i jumped from a car once because i thought that the driver might be a kidnapper..i was 12..crazy LOL

i'm a wake i'm a live now i know what i believe inside lol...i'm a risky person but i love to live my life like an adventure

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Wanted to commit a suicide before when I was a little kid after being bullied many times by the same person, but it was all just a scare to them, not real one. Ha, you just got fooled by this. sentence I made

Lol, but seriously, I had 2 near death experience. The first one (which I dunno if it matters) is when I was a kid, family problems, took a knife and cut my leg, but I somehow survived, and never do it again.

But for the real part, when I was 12, me and my friends race to the swimming pool, but before we can get there, we had to cross the road, I ran mindlessly till I got knocked by a car, and thank god I survived strongly.

Back