• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kid Icarus - Uprising 3DS

Years

• Kid Icarus - Uprising 3DS

So this game has been out for little over a month now. What are peoples opinions of it? I know a couple of people were dying to get this game, so has it lived up to your expectations?

What are the best bits about this game? What have you found difficult? Do you think the 3D does the game any justice?

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • This game is absolutely incredible and has done more than merely live up to my expectations. I was simply blown away in just about every regard — audio, content, graphics, humour... the list goes on. I especially loved how the game was so reminiscent of the Super Smash Bros. titles.

Above all else, I think Uprising's best component is its content. Collecting weapons and testing them out is more fun than I ever could have possibly imagined. At first I found the controls to be quite complex and difficult, but I adjusted to them eventually and now find them fascinating. As for the 3D effect, by far the best I have seen on the system yet. The depth of the clouds in 3D is truly breathtaking, as well as the gunfire that quite literally comes right out of the screen. Everything else is top-notch, as well.

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • I believe this game to be the very best game currently on the 3DS... It has very well done singleplayer with a decent storyline, good voice acting, likable characters, and well done levels... It has many different styles of gameplay from driving, to flying, to land combat and a few other things that I won't spoil.

It's weapon customization and acquisition system is awesome, the game is as easy as you want it to be, with the easiest difficulty being almost impossible to lose, to the hardest difficulty where it is quite difficult.

There is a lot of content for single player, a lot of achievements for the game overall, and the multiplayer is fantastic. It's just plain fun... It's frantic, you can customize what you have to suit your needs online so you can play as your best with your best abilities and weapon against other's best weapons and abilities. There is a nifty balance system that makes more powerful weapons make the user have less health, so all weapons vs each other is a fair fight...

Hands down, best 3DS game yet.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    I kinda gave up on the game for a bit due to not being able to get to Thanatos. Now I hear that is like not even half of the game. I plan to go back to it by the end of the month though. Great graphics but the camera is annoying. Multiplayer is a blast! :)

Sir Codin

This game blew me way. I didn't think it would be that good. It's pretty challenging, fun to play, and the humor is just grand. Seriously, they should have put a warning label on the front that said: "WARNING: THIS GAME HAS NO FOURTH WALL."

Best game on the 3DS so far.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I like the game a lot and all, but it's certainly got flaws I especially take notice to during my playthrough.

The most glaring one, to me, is the controls. While I like it during air battles, I really really hate it on land. It's annoying to use the touch screen to change the camera and aim at the same time while also controlling Pit.
    Land battling in general is what I actually don't like in this game. From the platforms, to the enemies (much more fun to take down on air), to the designs (for the most part. I haven't finished the game), I just don't like it that much.

Otherwise, great game, but certainly not a 3DS favorite.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • So I recently got this game and I have to say I'm very impressed. It's my only 3DS game so I don't really have anything to compare it with but I have to say that the battle system and the cut scenes are quite spectacular.

The thing I was most impressed with was the random match up in together mode, I don't know if other 3DS games can do that but I know I haven't seen any DS games where I can just click on a button to join a game of such degree.

My only complaint is the randomness in getting stronger, which as far as I can tell since I'm only just defeated Medusa is the stat boosts in weapons. Kind of wish there was a leveling system of some sort, honestly hoping to find a weapon with good stat boosts is just doesn't cut it. I don't know if weapon gems can help but since I don't know anyone who owns a 3DS, it wouldn't help me anyway.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • Well, it appears people's opinions of this game are mostly positive. Guess I'm gonna have to get this.

I remember playing the original on the NES.

I had acquired the special promo AR cards Nintendo was giving away to Club Nintendo members (thought I was gonna buy the game in future), so I will be further interested in buying this game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I saw this being featured on Nintendo Direct back in February but I didn't know it was already released, it looks like an interesting game from what I saw in the trailer and although I haven't got it I think I might give it a shot depending on the reviews of those who've played it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • This was a game that interested me into getting the 3DS, and I still don't have it haha. I made a decision earlier in the year to not get games that I don't think I'll finish, so that eliminates a lot. I might ask for it for my birthday or Christmas or something and see how that goes, but the reviews so far are positive and the game does look great. So...maybe I'll get my hands on it in due time.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • This was a game that interested me into getting the 3DS, and I still don't have it haha. I made a decision earlier in the year to not get games that I don't think I'll finish, so that eliminates a lot. I might ask for it for my birthday or Christmas or something and see how that goes, but the reviews so far are positive and the game does look great. So...maybe I'll get my hands on it in due time.
    I'm in a really similar boat, actually. As soon as it was announced, I instantly wanted the game nownownow. And yet, now that I have a 3DS, I'm in no hurry to buy it. I will eventually... probably when I have more disposable income than I do now, but for the moment, I'm not in any rush to go out and purchase it. Gots me some MK7 to complete before then!

pokecole

Brave Frontier is great.
    Years
  • Well i got the game the day it came out, beat it three days later. Honestly idk how it could be hard to finish. Sure they pull a good one on you after you defeat medusa on chapter 9, to find out it goes to chapter 25!
    For people who say the controls are terrible, I agree. I'm left handed and dont have the money for some circle pad pro to switch sides. But what i did was keep the circle pad to move but I switched the camera moving option to turn, instead of touch screen I went to options and made the A, B, X, Y buttons as the camera moving, like arrows. After that it became extremely easy to move. The first chapter was like "Wow how does anyone play this?" But after switching it, it became so easy. Then you can get in touch with what the designers really wanted. The graphics are amazing in 2D, but especially in 3D. I only use 3D for air battles because it requires you to be completely still to work, which you just cant do on land. The humor in the game is great too. Example: (remember this is during battle)
    Pit: Hey, Palutena?
    Palutena: Yes, Pit?
    Pit: Do you know how a chicken take three steps and forgets?
    Palutena: What about it Pit?
    Pit: Um..
    Palutena: Pit? What about a chicken taking three steps and forgetting?
    Pit: Err..
    Palutena: Pit?!
    Pit: Oh yeah. So you know how a chicken takes three steps and forgets?
    Pretty funny actually. The weapon mechanics are great too. The higher intensity you play on, the easier it is too get more powerful weapons. The currency, hearts, also has a good system. The harder you make the chapter, the more hearts you get for killing enemies, but if you are defeated, you lose more hearts. It's a great risk/reward system. The multiplayer is fun too. Although Nintendo isnt exactly known for its great wifi connections, you can usually get a good match working. If not, you can play computers and local people, still getting good rewards. Just like on any game you can make the CPUs more challenging, although this doesnt increase the rewards. There are many challenges, and many unlockable weapons.
    Altogether I believe this game is a must-have for any gamer looking for fun. I highly recommend it to new and expierienced players alike.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, if you don't have the game yet I would strongly suggest to go get it. Only main complaint would be that the controls can take a bit to get used to but once you get used it, it handles fairly decently. Dialogue is amazing, story is enjoyable and the gameplay is most fun. Lots and lots of stuff to do too - very high replay value, particularly if you have access to wifi.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Great reviews from everyone I might pick this up while I wait for Black 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, and maybe Sticker Mario

Back