• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reign of Darkrai

Years
  • REIGN OF DARKRAI

2elw0ph.jpg

2lnwz7p.jpg

2uhqx79.jpg

Pokemon - 17

4-4 Zoroark (3 Dark Explorers, 1 Promo)
    3-2 Weavile (Claw Snag)
    1 Sableye (Dark Explorers)
    2 Darkrai EX
    1 Tornadus EX

Trainers / Supporters / Stadiums - 30

4 Professor Juniper
    4 Professor Oak's New Theory
    2 N

4 Junk Arm
    4 Dark Patch
    4 Dual Ball
    3 Pokemon Catcher
    2 Dark Claw
    2 Random Receiver
    1 Super Rod

Energy - 13

7 Basic Darkness
    4 Special Darkness
    2 Double Colorless Energy

The concept behind this deck is to hit hard and fast with Zoroark. Sneasel is used because it has free retreat which makes it much easier to get a turn one Ascension with Zorua. Most of the time by turn two, this deck can start hitting for 100+ damage. Darkrai EX makes for a solid secondary attacker and the lone Weavile is used as a tech for enemy disruption. This deck is incredibly tight for space and there are quite a few cards I would have liked to include such as a second Weavile, another Pokemon Catcher, one or two more Random Receivers. Anyway, let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, let me know.​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Something to consider would be to replace on of those Sneasel with a Weavile. Other than that, the only place there's really space to replace anything is within the T/S/S spread, potentially with replacing a Dual Ball with something.

Years
  • Good suggestions. I decided to do the following

- Basic Dark Energy
    - Dual Ball
    - Sneasel

+ Weavile
    + Random Receiver
    + Dark Claw

I sometimes lack supporters so I want to test an extra receiver. This has been working out very well for me. I'm not sure about dropping a basic Dark Energy for a third Dark Claw but I think this deck can really benefit from the third Dark Claw and I think the deck can run reasonably with eight basic Dark energy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm iffy about it too actually. Maybe I could drop an Ultra Ball for the extra Energy? I'll keep testing and update my findings accordingly.

Years
  • Hmm yes that is very true. Well at least I'm happy with 59/60 cards lol.

You know, I think I'll drop N down to one for the extra energy. Most of the time I see N, I wish it were a PONT or Juniper, seriously. I'm actually tempted to drop N completely and max out on Random Receiver and go with the 4-4-4 Receiver-PONT-Juniper engine. Most of the time, N has been pretty mediocre for me in all honesty, at least in this deck. In Zekrom Eels it wasn't too shabby I guess.

Having the one N could be nice in a late game situation but even when that happens, I have often preferred to refresh my hand rather than disrupt both players.

Years
  • Alright, I've done some more testing and have updated the OP with my new deck list. I'll summarise the overall changes. I added in a Sableye for recovery purposes. It is unwise to use Smeargle / Cleffa as recovery Pokemon because they are not Dark types. Sableye is actually not too bad in testing. With Random Receiver, he can essentially grab me a supporter for the following turn when things are not running smoothly. I think it's important for all decks to have a recovery Pokemon so his place is well deserved for the time being. I added in a single Tornadus EX as a tech against fighting Pokemon. If I come up against that kind of match up, I'll probably try and reuse Tornadus EX with Super Rod and just try and bring him in over and over. I added in a pair of Double Colorless Energy cards to compliment Tornadus EX but it also helps set up benched Zoroark in a single turn and allows me to focus my Dark Patch attachments a little more on Darkrai EX. I removed Ultra Ball completely from the deck. It is a cool card but it just seemed to be the weakest link to me. My playstyle has changed with this deck as I usually just go wit Zoroark early game and then use Darkrai EX for mid and end game. This means that it's no longer so necessary to search out other Zoroark cards, which was the main purpose for running Ultra Ball. I added N back in and dropped my Random Receiver cards back down to two. N is just too good of a card at times and I think I was being a bit ignorant when I took them out. Plus there have been times where I have used Random Receiver late game and not had a single supporter left in the deck. I dropped Dark Claw back to two and while three is really nice, space is tight and I have been managing reasonably with two anyway. I can always Junk Arm it back or even Junk Hunt. That's another reason why I like the Sableye tech. True, it uses up my attack for the turn but usually I can make a big swing on the following turn with the two item cards I got back from the discard pile.

Back