• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Partner Trainer error

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2013
    Hey guys..I created a partner trainer for my pokemon game..

this is what i did.. i went to the editor and added a trainer named sara with a squirtle..i used this script to make her join me ,
    pbRegisterPartner(
    PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Female,"SARA",0)

It worked.. but later on i added a cutscene to the game where i de register the partner and add a new partner..

I went to the editor again and made the same trainer but with the name Saraa now and gave her a Wartortle so it looked like her squirtle evolved

so in the cutscene she get de registered and then i use

pbRegisterPartner(
    PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Female,"SARAA",0)

to add the trainer in my party with a wartortle but it keeps giving an error...

i rllly dont understand the problem since the 2 trainers are the same except the name has 1 a more

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The fact that you haven't said what the error is makes it much harder for anyone to help you.

The second line looks rather long, so I'm wondering whether it's wrapping itself and causing a problem that way.

The 0 at the end is for different versions of the same trainer. You can keep the same name, but just change the 0 to a 1 for the Wartortle version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2013
    The fact that you haven't said what the error is makes it much harder for anyone to help you.

The second line looks rather long, so I'm wondering whether it's wrapping itself and causing a problem that way.

The 0 at the end is for different versions of the same trainer. You can keep the same name, but just change the 0 to a 1 for the Wartortle version.

Thanks for responding... I allready found out what is was... i forgot 1 capital character><

Back