PDA

View Full Version : Power, Wisdom, and Courage: The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Jacinth
June 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hello there, fellow Pokecommunity members! Welcome to the LoZ fan club!

The Legend of Zelda has been around since the late 80's, the first game created for the Famicom Disk System. The game series was a worldwide hit, and even now there is an immense fanbase.
Since the first game, there have been 18 main series LoZ games released, the most popular game known as The LoZ Ocarina of Time.

If you have an obsession with LoZ, this is a club for you!

Username:
Favorite LoZ game:
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.)

Rules

Follow all normal PC rules
Don't be mean, and respect others opinions.
You may change the topic if no one has posted about it in two days, but other than that, stay on the discussion.
Please, only talk about LoZ.

Members

Power:
-Grayscale-
NV
Spinosaurus

Wisdom:
Kurui
Sydian
u_flame
8bitsilence

Courage:
Kotowari
Lapras*
Madam Cheezy
olli97
~Harmony
コナンくん
Iloveeevee

No Triforce:
Jacinth
Miss Doronjo
Algo Fonix

Discussion topics:

What is your favorite character, and why?
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.)
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?

Kurui
June 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Username: Kurui
Favorite LoZ game: Mask of Majula, Link to the Past
Triforce Section: I like the Triforce of Wisdom <3

Majula and Zant. I like their personalities because they're both serious/sinister and immature at the same time. I prefer Majula though overall. Majula also has my favourite theme in the Zelda series.

ALSO BENNNNN if he counts. I shouldn't have done that.

I don't have a favourite.

Tatl or Epona.

-Grayscale-
June 2nd, 2012, 08:43 PM
Username: -Grayscale-
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask babyyy
Triforce Section: Power

Vaati and Skull Kid. Vaati because he's overall a snobbish, evil sorcerer and I love evil characters, and Skull Kid because of all the details they put into him. Both of them just look really awesome in design, too.

Huh... not sure. I guess the Ocarina.

Midna is mah gurl <3

Jacinth
June 3rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
Lol, I like the ocarina, too. I actually have a model of the ocarina of time that I can play a few songs on. :)

Why is everyone's favorite Majora's mask? I personally like Skyward Sword (Probably because that's the only LoZ game I've beat as of now.) Lol. I'm so pathetic.

Kurui
June 3rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I find the story and characters and gameplay more refreshing and non-boring in MoM. It's almost very......dark? Gothicy? The rest are just kind of more adventure/fantasy for me. The plot in MoM is also more original than the overly done "A guy wants to rule the place" bit we see almost in every other Zelda series game. I like Ganondorf and all but he's just rather cliche.

-Grayscale-
June 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Lol, I like the ocarina, too. I actually have a model of the ocarina of time that I can play a few songs on. :)

Why is everyone's favorite Majora's mask? I personally like Skyward Sword (Probably because that's the only LoZ game I've beat as of now.) Lol. I'm so pathetic.

Most people like Majora's Mask for the dark plot it has. There's a lot of really creepy things in that game. I mean, Link wears the masks of dead people. I think that's pretty cool lmao, but I just really like darker games.
Skyward Sword is my second favorite. I love the dungeons and flying <3 Plus yeah, the dungeons are easy enough for me to do on my own thank goodness

Jacinth
June 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Too bad I've never played Majora's Mask myself. I hope they make that for 3ds as well. :P

Kurui
June 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Which one is Skyward Swords? If It's newer, I probably haven't played it. I'm mostly an old(er) school gamer. They just don't make games like they used to nowadays XD

Sydian
June 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
If you have an obsession with LoZ, this is a club for you!

I'm so obsessed right now, it's not even funny. v_v

Username: Sydian
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time
Triforce Section: Wisdom...I'm apparently wise. lol

This is actually kind of hard, considering there are so many. As far as minor characters go, I think I'll go with the shaman in Twilight Princess. I don't remember his name, but he's my favorite because I call him Jesus Kravitz. That's not even a canon reason. As for main characters, I'm going to be totally and completely generic and say Link. BUT WHICH LINK!? I totally love Skyward Sword Link. I haven't played the game, but this Link seems to have some more emotion in him than any other Link from any other game. I'm a huge OoT Young Link fan too. Cause. idk.

Probably the Ocarina, because I remember thinking it was so unusual, and as more Zelda games came out, I realized how unusual it was compared to, say, flutes, a harp, wooden pipe thingies, the freaking grass...yeah. lol

Who is your favorite partner?
Midna, hands down. She had the most character out of any partner imo. I like Tatl too, even though I'm not a huge Majora's Mask fan.

Also, for anyone interested, I'm doing an RNG project in Pokemon Black that relates to Zelda. Once it's finished, I'll post it, or link to where I post it. It's probably not going to fit into canon very well for all you Zelda buffs here, but I tried my best to fit the stories in as well as I could. But you'll see when it's done. :)

edit: RENADO!

Which one is Skyward Swords? If It's newer, I probably haven't played it. I'm mostly an old(er) school gamer. They just don't make games like they used to nowadays XD

It's the latest one for the Wii, so that's why you haven't played it I'm sure. I haven't played it either. I've just been watching an LP of the game and haven't found my selling point till just recently, and it's far into the game and a major plot point. I won't say what, but I am kind of disappointed it took me that long to get interested in it. The flying looks boring. At least sailing in Wind Waker was nice because you had a different island in each square. I'm gonna go ramble to someone else now lol.

Jacinth
June 5th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I love the flying. :) It makes me want a loftwing.
I've loved SS from the beginning. In fact, I just came back from playing it. LOL. My favorite part is running around with my sword in the air.
And Ghirahim.
OH GHIRAHIM.
I think I have a fangirl crush on him. XD JK

Anyways, I was thinking about making a LoZ RPG. Would any of you be interested in that?

Sydian
June 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
The flying just looks so boring and tedious, idk. I mean, I'll probably get Skyward Sword in due time. That beginning tutorial is treacherous though. Soooo long.

Anyway, as of lately, I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and right now I'm really mad at myself cause I apparently missed a Heart Piece. I can only think of two more I need and don't know where I possibly missed one. So that's bugging me. A lot. :( And I was playing Twilight Princess, but I'm not at my house now so I'll get back to that when I get home. Getting ready for Lakebed Temple. Trying to get into Majora's Mask by watching videos, but there's no way I can beat this game without a guide. lol

OH AND I have a Link plushie! It's Phantom Hourglass Link, which is fine and dandy cause it's Link, but I don't like the DS Zelda titles really. But a plushie is a plushie.

As for the RP, you mean here on PC? I doubt I'd do it myself. I'm not big into RP. Besides, what fun is RPing a temple when you can be Link himself and go do the temple in the game? ;) kekekeke.

Jacinth
June 5th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, it's a bit annoying, especially if you're replaying it. However, it comes in handy if you haven't played it before. Take it from me, its not easy to get the hang of.

Lol, I'm stuck on Ocarina of Time too. My save files have a nasty habit of deleting themselves, so when I got to the shadow temple, I had to restart. As of now, I'm at dodongo's cavern, which is annoying the crap out of me. I've already had to buy 2 deku shields. :( But, good luck with the lakebed temple! :D

You have a fluffy Link?
:D :D :D :D :D :D
YUSSS
I've always wanted to have a room full of plushie Link's and just dive into it. So fun!~

Too bad I don't have one of my own....

Yes, you has many good points. I don't know many in this club that RP.
Anywhoes, it's easier to just pick up a game and play LoZ. :)

Kotowari
June 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I would like to sign up~!

Username: Kotowari
Favorite LoZ game: Twilight Princess (closely followed by Skyward Sword)
Triforce Section: The Link fangirl in me is screaming Courage, but Wisdom would suit me fine as well.~ Asign me whatever golden triangle you have left. : >

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/GigaTurtle/Triforce.gif

My favourite character is Link, because I'm unoriginal. BT That aside though, I just like the green-clad hero. My favourite Link is Twilight Princess Link. I love his design and the fact that he can change into a Wolf. Telma once said that his eyes resembled that of a Feral Beast. She was right.
My second favourite Link is the Skyward Sword Link. He's just so adorkable. |D;

Besides the Link, I could put up Dark Link (although his character is more fanon than canon), Midna, Zelda (SS).

The Ocarina. I loved how you could play very nice songs with very little notes.
Some of the songs form Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are really something.

Midna. Hands down. She's just a great character. She has a wonderful personality, whith a full background story (unlike most of the others who're just kinda there to help Link). I'm also somewhat of a TwiLinkxMidna fan. I say somewhat, because I'm pro, but not an active shipper. |3 I kinda she returns, but I'll be alright if she doesn't.

I also found Navi, the King of Red Lions and Fi to be worthy to be remembered. I'm not far enough in Majora's Mask yet to form my oppinion on Tatl...and I haven't played any of the DS games yet. I was kind of relieved they changed Navi's "Hey! Listen!" to Tatl's /tjingle/, but I'm not one of the Navi haters. |3

@Jacinth: Oh, gosh, Dodongo's Cavern. I remember on my last playthrough of Ocarina of Time MQ (NGC) that I constantly had to return to the Deku Shrub selling them... to the point where it got annoying.

Sydian
June 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Why do y'all have Deku Shields in Dodongo's Cavern? You could buy a Hylian Shield in Castle Town. :( And I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask. Plus I think you can find a Hylian Shield in a chest in the Graveyard. I just remember never having the "your shield is gone!" problem in there haha.

I also found Navi, the King of Red Lions and Fi to be worthy to be remembered. I'm not far enough in Majora's Mask yet to form my oppinion on Tatl...and I haven't played any of the DS games yet. I was kind of relieved they changed Navi's "Hey! Listen!" to Tatl's /tjingle/, but I'm not one of the Navi haters. |3

I actually like Navi. I had a fun time in 8th grade making comics that starred her, Tatl, and Tael. And even an awesome OoT comic, though it only featured the child dungeons at the beginning of the game. Reading it now, I got a lot of things in the story wrong and missed some key points, but oh well. I LOVE BOATY!! Because you can sail in him and sing Come Sail Away! But Fi is annoying...she just seems so robotic and emotionless. It really bothers me. "Megaman Megaman!!" for any NCS fans in here, haha. I love her design though, so I'll give her that.

Kotowari
June 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Why do y'all have Deku Shields in Dodongo's Cavern? You could buy a Hylian Shield in Castle Town. :( And I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask. Plus I think you can find a Hylian Shield in a chest in the Graveyard. I just remember never having the "your shield is gone!" problem in there haha.

Basically because the Hylian Shield is hard to use as a counter for Deku Shrub merchants and other thingies that shoot at you. I vaguely remember just wanting to finish the game with a complete inventory. But the former is also true.

I actually like Navi. I had a fun time in 8th grade making comics that starred her, Tatl, and Tael. And even an awesome OoT comic, though it only featured the child dungeons at the beginning of the game. Reading it now, I got a lot of things in the story wrong and missed some key points, but oh well. I LOVE BOATY!! Because you can sail in him and sing Come Sail Away! But Fi is annoying...she just seems so robotic and emotionless. It really bothers me. "Megaman Megaman!!" for any NCS fans in here, haha. I love her design though, so I'll give her that.

Don't get me wrong, I adore her. Reading that she's the most mentioned in the "Most hated videogame character" thread kind of makes me sad. I've seen a comic somewhere where they showed where Link would be without her. Clearly the answer is "nowhere". |D
Haha, yes. |D I also love how pressing the King of Red Lions is: "HURRY UP BEFORE GANONDORF REALISES WE'RE UP TO SOMETHING!"
"Oh, it seems that this dreadful cursed night will not end soon, no need to hurry, we got all the time in the world"
"NOW HURRY TO SAVE YOUR SISTER! AND THE WORLD!"
Link: "...." *gets nearly killed by Ganondorf*

I like Fi mainly for the scenes where she dances as Link plays the harp. Her robotic attitude didn't really bother me that much, as she states herself she's not very emotional. Her dry way of talking kind of amused me, in fact.

"Master, your batteries are nearly depleted."
"My what?"

But then again I see room for a more emotional Sword Spirit. And her singing animation was too stiff!
I still found the Fi's Goodbye to be a sad one, though. : < Sometimes I wonder if Link will ever get to keep one of his traveling companions.

Sydian
June 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I skipped the Scrubs when I saw them, or just switched my shield. I just have to play that game a certain way, haha. Have to have this that and this before I go off to wherever. Never cared about Skulltulas though. By the time you have them all, you don't really need that reward. lol

NAVI GOING AWAY MAKES ME SAD. :( :( :( In Wind Waker though, I was just like "...I've been riding in the king? ...Ummm..."

Fi has dance skills ya. Her mouth is SCARY when she sings though. The LPer I was watching was all "OMG HER MOUTH IS SCARY LOOK AT THAT." And I saw the battiery thing and thought that was funny. Way to break the fourth wall. ;)

Kotowari
June 6th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I wasn't too fond of the Hylian shield while playing as a child. I didn't like the limited movement while defending. I do admit that it was pretty handy when fighting King Dodongo, though. It's not hard to imagine where Skyward Sword's unbreakable shield came from if it doesn't mind a gigantic dinosaur rolling over it (even protecting it's wearing against pressure).

Yeah, you don't really need it anymore. It's the case with a lot of minigames in OoT, though. Either you're already quite far, or your wallet doesn't have enough space. Imagine my face when I found a 200 Rupee in Kakariko and then I noticed it added only 2 of those. I wish OoT had more possibilities to give away your money. In the end I just did them all to just finish MQ, can't say I enjoyed all minigames (but most of them), but the most hated minigame stays Roll Goal (TP) though. |D

Yeah, it's kind of sad how she just leaves him. There are a lot of theories while she left, one being that she was in love with Link (what?) and left him because they couldn't be together. Another one is because Link simply didn't need her anymore, having finished his quest as the hero... and being a Hylian.
Whatever the reason, I think that Link was justified going on a quest to find her. It's kind of odd none the less that she'd leave him just like that after all they had been through.

Yeah, fourth wall breaking was amusing... until you realise that the Wiimote just drains batteries and that you need to have spare pair ready! |D

U.Flame
June 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Username: U_Flame
Favorite Game: Ocarina of Time! Majora's Mask comes close, I love how dark the story is compared to the other games.
Triforce: Wisdom (I'm a nerd :P)

I'm going to bring up something I brought up with the last Zelda club. (Which I guess is dead now) There is an amazing hack of Ocarina of Time that lets the game be 4-player compatible. It works on very few emulators and has quite a lot of bugs but it's multiplayer Ocarina of Time! What's not to like? Since Project 64 has an internet feature, (that I've yet to understand) it's possible to play Ocarina of Time online. So maybe we can all play on the same game online! Just throwing the idea out there.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rythJ1xn2NE&list=UUvCBpbkd9lwObOxVN1MuDtA&index=5&feature=plcp

Back on topic,
I think the guard on Death Mountain Trail gives you a discount on a shield if you bring him a Keaton Mask.

Objection! Paying 85 Rupees instead of 90 (And needing 90 to pay for the 85 anyways) should not count as a discount!

Sydian
June 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I usually busted out my Deku Shield for Lizalfos fights (can't spell hurrr), but I thought Link looked so cute with his huge Hylian Shield. I need a life. :( Gotta stop pinching kids' cheeks.

Happened to me too! Actually first time I went down that hole, I remember ReDeads being there. So...I left. lol Then I thought "WELL that might have been important" so I went back and wanted to scream when I opened the chest. lol But then I also hate in TP where you PUT IT BACK. Cause them I look on the map to see if I got everything and usually forget if it was rupees and back tracks and ugh. :(

In my comic, she was in love with him and thought the whole journey was them looking for a place to get married. Eventually when Link pulls the Master Sword and goes 7 years into the future, she's already in a wedding dress and says, "Time to get married!" and Link just looks at her and puts the sword back. She gets mad and he's like, "I just wanted to see what I look like in seven years." to which she replies with, "Well...you were a HUNK!" Then silence. And he leaves and says, "Bye, Navi." lol Though I think it was the latter reason you said. It's not in his race to have a fairy and Navi had served her purpose. So it makes sense that she'd leave. But then in the beginning of Majora's Mask (I think) it mentions he was looking for a long lost friend...so it's like...idk. Obviously he didn't want her to leave...if, of course, you make the assumption that the friend is Navi.

I don't have to worry about that. 8) No Wii Zelda titles are in my possession! Though I should fix that.

Objection! Paying 85 Rupees instead of 90 (And needing 90 to pay for the 85 anyways) should not count as a discount!

Never said it was a good discount. ;P I've never done the discount thing myself, so I never even knew it was that bad of one. lol

Kotowari
June 6th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I won't deny that! |D Small kids with huge objects are adorable. It was kind of cute how he just hunched below the Hylian Shield, letting nothing in the big, scary overworld get to him.

TP just needed a bigger wallet. BT If you put Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker on the same height on the split Time Line, you could start rambling on how all the chests WindLink finds on the bottom of the ocean are the same kazillion chests TwiLink finds in Hyrule Field. Then it's quite logical to urge TwiLink to get a bigger wallet, seeing how Wind ends up having one of 5000. It's kind of odd that TwiLink gets his 1000Rupee upgrade only after having collected all Golden Bugs. By then, he's ran all over Hyrule field, probably finding a loooot of chests whose contents did not fit in his wallet.
I just thought that putting it back was better than wasting 199 rupees. |D;

Oh, that's a pretty neat idea, quite amusing as well. |D
I always assumed that it was Navi. Other possibilities would be Malon, Zelda or Saria... but seeing as he already met Zelda at the end of OoT and Malon gave him Epona... it's either Saria or Navi. I always thought he and Saria somehow already said their goodbyes in the Forest Temple.... but childtimeline!Saria wouldn't know that (unless you consider her Sage powers crossing time and space).

Oh, yes, you should deffinitally fix that!

Sydian
June 7th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I knooow. I'll admit, I got into Zelda because of Young Link in SSBM. He was adorable, so I had to play the game he was from! I didn't get a hold of it for a while though and started with Wind Waker instead. But I read a lot of stuff on OoT and it's fascinated me before I even played it. Then my babysitter gave me her copy of the game so I was set. 8)

TP's wallet makes me cry lmao. Especially with all those chests. But I can't think of anything overly expensive you had to pay for in TP other than like...repairing the bridge for 1000. In Wind Waker, you needed around 3k (probably more...some obscure number iirc) to pay Tingle and get all those Triforce Charts decoded. >:/ So the huge wallet had a purpose! On another money-related note, I hate how in TP and SS, we have to STOP EVERYTHING and examine a blue rupee. Or yellow. Or anything that's not green. Why... ;;

I always assumed it wasn't Saria because she became the sage...and I thought Link would have common sense to check the forest for her if that's who he was looking for. Navi, on the other hand, is a tiny ball of light that could be anywhere. I always thought Link remembered the things he did as an adult even though at the end, he got to live his childhood, similar to how in Majora's Mask (even though this is obviously after OoT) your major items carry over and Tatl remembers things. So idk. Maybe he was looking for Mido... -_- Nahhh.

When I get the money! I might just wait around for my birthday and ask for it. I wanna import Black 2 so my money is getting devoted to that first haha.

Kotowari
June 7th, 2012, 09:26 AM
It's the same how I got into Fire Emblem: Through Marth in SSBB. :'D My first introduction The Legend of Zelda was with Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. My dad had downloaded a bunch of roms, and those looked interesting to me. Although, I had (and still have) a lot of trouble playing the 2D games on computer I quite enjoyed them (despite getting stuck in the first dungeon and ragequiting). I think I was 11 or something. Then when I was 14 I could borrow the Minish Cap from a classmate ('Because the title looked familiar) and that was the first game I completed. \o/
Thought it was Twilight Princess that got me into playing them all though. :'D Something I've yet to achieve, but I'm getting there. |D;

Yeah, you had to pay for the bridge, for the shop in Castle Town and the magic Armor. But it's not like that added to a lot of money, specially when Agitha gave you 500 rupees for every completed pair of bugs you gave her. BT

Stop everywhere? Isn't that only the first time (since turning the game on) that you examine them?

Yeah, I'm also convinced Link kept his memories of being the Hero of Time. And that he kind of lived "those few weeks/months" of his 17th year twice, once "normally" and once as a Hero.

Hoho! Seems like you could use one of those orange rupees that didn't fit in Twi's wallet.
xD;

Sydian
June 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I have Ages (I think?) somewhere at my mom's, and MC too. I am awful at 2D Zelda, so don't feel bad. lol I'd like to beat all the Zelda games, but those 2D ones will kick my butt. Wind Waker was the first one I beat. Didn't have all the heart containers though and that's a huge pet peeve of mine lol. :( Well, it is now. Not at that time. lol I'm only missing a few games though! Only need Link's Awakening, Oracle of whichever I don't have, and the UGH DS titles.

Yeah, and no where to put all that money. :( I guess it pays (literally) to be a cartoon? ;3

Wellll yeah, but it still made me not wanna pick up rupees when I started up the game. XD

Must have been fun. Some people think Young Link is 7 and then becomes 14 though. idk. I always thought he was 10 then becomes 17. It makes more sense and looks more like that.

That'd be awesome lol. Might go find another orange rupee and get Tales of the Abyss while I'm at it. ;)

Jacinth
June 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Sorry it took so long to add ya'll to the member's list. I've been busy.
Kotowari, I went ahead and added you to Courage, since no one else is there. And, anyways, always go with what your inner fangirl says. It's never wrong. :)

Anyways, I just beat SS this morning! I got the Hylian Shield in Thunder Dragon's Lightning Round, and then I went and kicked his butt. :D
Fi made me cry. No kidding. :( WHY U LEAVE ME, FI!?
LOL, but I started Hero Mode. Pretty neat.

Kotowari
June 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
I have Ages (I think?) somewhere at my mom's, and MC too. I am awful at 2D Zelda, so don't feel bad. lol I'd like to beat all the Zelda games, but those 2D ones will kick my butt. Wind Waker was the first one I beat. Didn't have all the heart containers though and that's a huge pet peeve of mine lol. :( Well, it is now. Not at that time. lol I'm only missing a few games though! Only need Link's Awakening, Oracle of whichever I don't have, and the UGH DS titles.

I'm not the only one?! YES!! Sorry, but it feels great to know that I'm not the only one suffering from the 2D games. |D I know what it feels like. I'm at the door of Ganon's castle and I miss one heart piece in a Link to the Past... I wonder where I left it. : <
I still need to play Link's Awakening, LoZI, LoZII, Four Swords Adventure, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (and OoT 3D). I need to finish Majora's Mask (playing -2nd temple), A Link to the Past (Playing - Ganon's castle), Skyward Sword (Playing - Hero Mode/Ancient Cistern), (Minish Cap - Playing/Vaati's Castle), Oracle of Seasons (Onox Battle. This was a linked game that I borrowed from someone... I doubt I'll ever be able to link again. ;;).
(and yes, playing means that I'm currently playing the game. |D It's complicated why I'm playing that many at once).

Yeah, and no where to put all that money. :( I guess it pays (literally) to be a cartoon? ;3
Wellll yeah, but it still made me not wanna pick up rupees when I started up the game. XD
Must have been fun. Some people think Young Link is 7 and then becomes 14 though. idk. I always thought he was 10 then becomes 17. It makes more sense and looks more like that.
That'd be awesome lol. Might go find another orange rupee and get Tales of the Abyss while I'm at it. ;)

I always thought 7-9 was just a bit too young to travel around Hyrule to beat the bad guys. BT 10 is still young, but at least 17 is more acceptable. =/ OoT Link (Adult) looks more 17 than 14 anyways.

Maybe I have to do that as well. |D;

And yay for having the Triforce of Courage. \o/
I know what you mean. : < Fi's goodbye was sad, but I love the song that plays then. <3 I'm a fan of Fi's theme in general... but...hm <3

8DAJBU4WtqgQEbFLSfHqQ8
Oh, good luck with the Hero mode! As you read earlier, I'm going through it myself. The first half was very hard (hence the name) to me, since I was more often than not in need of heart( flower)s. I was kind of happy when I got the Heart Medal. But now I feel like I'm cheating. |D

Jacinth
June 8th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks, Kotowari! Good luck to you too!~
Yus, I'm having trouble with the hearts as well. But I make sure to place a beacon wherever I see a chair. (You know you can heal using those, right?)

Kotowari
June 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks!!
Of course I knew that! How many times I was just running back and forth between the inner heart of Skyview Temple and the small wooden chair next to the tree just outside the temple.
I was so amused when I found what these odd chairs do exactly (it was the first time I got to the Sealing Temple, on my first play through). I gotta admit, my most embarrassing moment in Skyward Sword was in the Hero Mode... Game Over thanks to the two Deku Babas you meat right after landing in the Sealing Grounds. Never again am I going to try and hit (a/two) Deku babas with my sword... Skyward Strike all the way!

Sydian
June 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Good luck to y'all in hero mode. :) I need to get off my arse, beat OoT and then do Master Quest. idk what to do in regards to that missing heart piece though. I was thinking of back tracking all the heart pieces I'm slightly unsure about getting (though I have a great memory and looking at a list, I remember getting all the ones I've been able to get, so...) which would be like...mini-game pieces, I guess. I might have run out of money and went off to get more, then forgot to go back? idk. Bombchu bowling, here I come!

Altairis
June 9th, 2012, 10:20 PM
eek Zelda c:
Username: Lapras*
Favorite LoZ game: OCARINA OF TIME
Triforce Section: Courage.

I haven't actually played too many games, I got the 2nd one (I forget what it's called but Zelda starts off sleeping) free when I bought my Gameboy as a kid but I could never beat it, too difficult. I got OoT and was obsessed, so I got Twilight Princess and now Skyward Sword but I still need that Wii Motion Plus accessory..

Kotowari
June 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Tehe, welcome!

Thanks, Sydian. :'D I'll need it. I think I already lost count of how many times I GO'd. |D Bumbchu bowling was actually pretty easy. Once you figured out where to release your Bombchu, it wasn't hard to get 3/3.

I heard of many people who got the game, but still needed the wii motion plus. =/ But don't worry, it's worth the wait~ It'll be another three weeks before I can play again... it's killing me. |D;

Jacinth
June 10th, 2012, 11:26 AM
eek Zelda c:
Username: Lapras*
Favorite LoZ game: OCARINA OF TIME
Triforce Section: Courage.

I haven't actually played too many games, I got the 2nd one (I forget what it's called but Zelda starts off sleeping) free when I bought my Gameboy as a kid but I could never beat it, too difficult. I got OoT and was obsessed, so I got Twilight Princess and now Skyward Sword but I still need that Wii Motion Plus accessory..

Welcome! I hope you get the accessory soon... I was stuck without having one too when I got the game for Christmas, and I cried so hard. XD. SS is awesome! :D

Sydian
June 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I finished Thieves' Hideout (easy peasy) and then went to go Bombchu bowling. And yeah, it is easy. I never understood why LPers dreaded it haha. But after playing about 10 times, I realized that wasn't the Heart Piece I missed so...gotta check the list again. :( It's none of the bean plant ones, I know cause I checked those a while back. siiiiiiiiiiighhhh.

Welcome, Lapras*! OoT is a great game to be obsessed with js. ;) I wish I could let you borrow my super cool pink Wiimote. It has motion plus.

Altairis
June 10th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Sydian I'm jealous D: A pink wiimote? I want one.

I dislike Bombchu bowling, I can't seem to do it. :c

I actually just ordered a Motion Plus today o3o I still need to finish Twilight Princess though. I think I'm in Arbiter's Grounds plus I haven't really had the time to play the Wii recently, being in a house where 3 other people use the TV D:

Kotowari
June 10th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I wish I could have gotten the Limited Edition Skyward Sword with golden wiimote. BT But the 25th anniversary CD is good as well. 8D I don't know about you, but I listen to it almost constantly. |D;
I saw the "normal" cover of Skyward Sword in stores about 2 months ago. I like the golden one I have, but the "normal" one has more pictures on it. |D Though, to be honest, I prefer the simple, symbolic covers (like Twilight Princess') over the very busy "normal" Skyward Sword cover. : > So yeah, I prefer the golden one.

Altairis
June 11th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Let's be real here...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx993iU3Xe1qdstboo1_500.jpg
Who doesn't want that D8

Kotowari
June 11th, 2012, 03:18 AM
*grabby hands*

Also wanted to take those paper/carton towers that were advertising the game with me. >_>;;
I can't find any examples in google atm, but they looked pretty. |D
On a 25th anniversary related note, I wish I could have gone to the actual Symphony. As far as I know, Europe shows no signs of additional shows... but that doesn't take away I would have loved to go. :<

~Harmony
June 11th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Username: ~Harmony
Favorite LoZ game: Wind Waker. I thought the graphics were a unique but good change, and the game had its decently intense and challenging moments. Disagree? I guess it could be only my opinion.
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Courage. The one I'm sure a lot of people have gone after, but it is the part of the Triforce that displays me the most. I have been striving for Courage for years now.

*grabby hands*

Also wanted to take those paper/carton towers that were advertising the game with me. >_>;;
I can't find any examples in google atm, but they looked pretty. |D
On a 25th anniversary related note, I wish I could have gone to the actual Symphony. As far as I know, Europe shows no signs of additional shows... but that doesn't take away I would have loved to go. :<

I completely geeked out when I was listening to this cd. It was like going through all those years when I first played all those Zelda games again. It was a huge blast from the past. I can't imagine what kind of an impact it would have had on me if I actually heard the Symphony live :0.

On an off note to all of this, I think I am going to attempt the Hero Mode on Skyward Sword and Master Quest soon. I've never tried these super-challenging modes before, so I will consider it a huge accomplishment in my sad video-gaming life if I manage to beat both of these before school starts up again. Haha wish me luck :P

Sydian
June 12th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I still need to listen since I'm such an OST nut. v_v And ummmm yeah I totally want that golden Wiimote. lol Let me at it! I think I have decided that I will ask for SS for my birthday in August btw. :) I have a lot of expenses coming up, so I'm not gonna have a moment to spend my money on it. Might as well have someone else spend it for me! :3

Algo Fonix
June 12th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Username: Algo Fonix

Favorite LoZ game: A Link to the Past closely followed by Wind Waker. A Link to the Past was my first (that I finished)... and Wind Waker is my favorite of the 3D ones.

Triforce Section: None? I dunno... I've never really thought about it. :o

I went and got Skyward Sword the day it came out. I have the collector's edition sitting proudly on my shelf next to all my other prized possessions!

I'm currently finishing up Minish Cap... I can't believe I'm the only person I know who has played that one. I've been really enjoying it. I guess when it came out was just a bad time, I dunno.

~Harmony
June 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I've been wanting to play Minish Cap again for awhile now. Too bad I have no idea where it is :(. I thought it was a decent game. Not the best Zelda game, but it was a good way to pass the time.

Sydian
June 12th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Minish Cap is a good little pick up and play game, actually! I was really into it back ummm...shoot. I can't remember when it was. Probably the summer before 9th grade. /old man ANYWAY I would sit next to the computer and read a walkthrough and do everything in the walkthrough haha. Like I've said before, I'm bad at 2D Zelda. So no shame in what I did. :P It's an odd and lazy thing to do, but it's nostalgic for me. Last thing I remember doing in MC was being in the Wind Palace or something. I think MC is in my game drawer here...and if not, it's somewhere at my mom's. Maybe I'll restart for old time's sake. :)

Algo Fonix
June 12th, 2012, 05:52 PM
You should! It has a weird style that none of the other games have. I guess that's due to it being a bit... weird, lol. I was actually surprised by how much I enjoy it. I found it for really cheap and hadn't played it... so yeah. I actually got stuck a few times in it, which is something I haven't done with Zelda in yeeeears. I love that feeling.

Sydian
June 12th, 2012, 06:00 PM
That Kinstone stuff is pretty crazy, but unique haha. I always liked it. I should have looked up a guide for that to know who to exchange with and stuff. And I'm the opposite. I hate getting stuck in any game and I'll get frustrated or bored that I can't just keep going and I'll be done for the day. I've gotten better though, as far as 3D Zelda goes. I figured out the Water Temple in OoT 3D all by myself. No help! And I did Goron Mines in TP by myself too. The latter isn't particularly hard, but still when you're as bad as me, it's an accomplishment!

-Grayscale-
June 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I never played the Minish Cap, but I always wanted to :C It is so underrated, but I love Vaati lmao. I've watched a lot of clips of the game, but I don't have anything to play it on -w-;

Omg
Sydian
I'm at the Water Temple in Oot right now and I literally just stopped playing it since I'm clueless on what to do. HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT BY YOURSELF? You must have an enormous brain.

I've done all of Skyward Sword by myself, it's a little easier, but I like it that way. I did a few of the last dungeons of TP by myself and the first two, and the first and fire dungeons of OoT. I'm a huge fail when it comes to puzzles, which is stupid since thats all of what LoZ is, but yeah

Sydian
June 12th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Aw, I'd let you borrow my copy if I could! GBA games are hard to get ahold of these days. Always faked and stuff. :/ Your best bet would be to find a used game store (not a GameStop, because I don't think they check for fakes, plus I don't think they even offer GBA games anymore).

I'm dummmmbbbbb. I also had a smidge of prior knowledge from doing it before, but I mean, the last time I did the Water Temple was my senior year of high school, so it's been well over two years. The OoT 3D Water Temple has colored areas for each hall that leads to a place to raise/lower the water, so that really helps. I honestly don't know how I did it without help. My boyfriend didn't even believe that I did it without help, lol.

If you did SS without help, but can't do the Water Temple, maybe I won't be that bad at SS! 8D /shot

Algo Fonix
June 12th, 2012, 06:15 PM
The first time I played through the Water Temple... it took a full Saturday. Like 8am til Midnight. ._.

Sydian
June 12th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I normally like to do temples in nonstop runs, but after I got the Longshot, I had had enough of the Water Temple for the day, and I felt that it was a good stopping spot since I could easily remember I just got the Longshot lol. But yeah, no help. So proud. :'D Would have been better if I could say I beat the Water Temple with no help my first time through on the N64...but no, sorry. :(

Algo Fonix
June 12th, 2012, 06:39 PM
If I had internet at the time, I'd have been looking up a solution for that one for sure @_@; I swear, I felt like the rest of the game was fairly easy compared to that... nightmare. D:

Oh man, I really want to replay OoT sometime now. Gaaaaaaah.

-Grayscale-
June 12th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Thinking about it now, I think that the most challenging dungeons overall are the Water Dungeons.

You could not, I repeat, could not get through the water dungeon in Twilight Princess without help of some sort or days of work on it. I'm pretty sure it takes 3-4 hours to get through with a freaking guide. Then there's Majora's Mask, and the water dungeon in there is said to be one of the hardest dungeons of all time. And now OoT stumped me at, yet again, another water dungeon. WhatisthisNintendo

But I don't have many games sooo :B Those 3 are just my take on them.
I really wanna play OoT now... but I'm always so lazy to search for a walk through OTL

Kotowari
June 13th, 2012, 06:57 AM
But but but, the Water Temple in Skyward Sword is very neat. o3o If you can call the Ancient Cistern a "water temple". Though the actual equivalent of the water temple
call it a sand temple if you want is not as great a pleasure. It's pretty fun to go through some of parts and I thought the Time Shift stone were pretty neat... But. Hng. The music gets annoying after a while. |D

UWKXwSZcQlo

I actually thought the Water Temple was okay last time I played OoT:MQ. I didn't really get stuck this time, and the map was actually a great help. Though, I do remember the first time that I played OoT (the previous line was the third time playing any OoT, I hadn't finished MQ on my second play through) I got lost, so lost. I hoped that I would be able to reset the puzzles if I left, but I nearly freaked out when I noticed they didn't. When I found the way I was kinda very happy. |D Maybe it's because I'm older (if only 4 years), but the WT didn't scare me as much as I remember. : >

The Lakebed Temple was actually pretty fun. It's just annoying to have to move the stairs a kazillion times to go to a place you've already been to. |D
The Swamp Temple in a Link to the past was okay. I remember having to redo it a few times (I'm not good with 2D). The Droplet Temple in Minish cap was pretty fun, though I hated those flying plants (or w/e) that dropped water on you.

There was no Water Temple in Wind Waker. \o/ Go find Jabun instead. |D

I completely geeked out when I was listening to this cd. It was like going through all those years when I first played all those Zelda games again. It was a huge blast from the past. I can't imagine what kind of an impact it would have had on me if I actually heard the Symphony live :0.

On an off note to all of this, I think I am going to attempt the Hero Mode on Skyward Sword and Master Quest soon. I've never tried these super-challenging modes before, so I will consider it a huge accomplishment in my sad video-gaming life if I manage to beat both of these before school starts up again. Haha wish me luck

I know the feeling. I squeed with joy when I heard the first tunes of the 25th Anniversary Melody, and I was overjoyed to recognise a lot of the melodies they put in that song. During the Wind Waker Symphony, I could basically tell when the scenes were playing. The Twilight Princess Symphonic Movement was pure joy (to me, it's the strongest track on the CD) and I really wanted to go ride Epona through Hyrule Field. |D

I was wondering though... does anyone understand what they're singing in the TPS? All I can make of it is "mighty portal" (at 4:36 and 4:55)... but I doubt that's the actual text. ._.

7kSKRFxo3rQ

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 08:39 AM
From what I understand, MQ Water Temple is easier than the normal one, and arguably the easiest temple in MQ. -shrug- Great Bay Temple has awesome music, so it's excused from being anno-- lol jk it's not. None of them are. :( Though they all have great music. Lakebed is poop and I was playing TP a bit yesterday hunting bugs, but it had been so long since I played that I went all the way to Castle Town only to find I had already been there. Stupid. lol So I was like "well...shoot I ain't going back to the Lake after that bye TP see you tomorrow." :( Droplet Temple's boss gave me a lot of trouble. I actually for a while thought that that's where I left off last time I played MC, but no...it's not. I did manage to beat it at some point haha.

Buuuut you know, I have to praise TP (yeah from MC to TP lol) for its dungeons. In my opinion, they are probably the most well crafted and just stunning to look at. They all seem like they would legitimately exist. I love the OoT Temples, but I had a hard time thinking the Fire and Water Temples really existed with some sort of purpose. I think about them a lot, like about what people are supposed to do there haha. But in TP, I can think of something that goes on in each temple. I think about temples and dungeon a LOT sorry lol. :(

Also! I would mayyyybe consider Tower of the Gods in WW as a sort of Water Temple. There's water in there! Totally counts. lol Nahhh it's more like a light temple if anything. Favorite temple in WW though. So much fun to command statues lol.

Kotowari
June 13th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I agree with what you said about the temples, btw. In Twilight Princess they at least looked like something that would have been used as a temple or anything else that suits the environment. The Goron Mines are active mines, the Forest Temple is lived in (and an actual tree, not a strange stone building in the forest), the Temple of Time almost looked like a church, the Twilight Palace was the royal palace of the Twili...
All the temples actually blended well with their environment.

That was one of my quirks with Ocarina of Time. All of the dungeons are called "temples", but not all of them seem to suit the function. The Forest Temple somewhat bothered me the most...

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 01:16 PM
They would have been more appropriate as Forest Mansion, Fire Temple, Water Temple, Shadow Chamber, and Spirit Temple. Now that I look at them more and think about it, the Fire Temple could have been destroyed and when Link goes through it, that's what we see is a demolished and broken version of it and perhaps it would have been different in the past. I can't say the same for the Water Temple though. It's just a hot (wet?) mess. lol Spirit Temple is a gorgeous temple and seems like a headquarters for people. ...Small people, on one side anyway. And giants on the other. lol I still like them all and think they're totally unique though! Even though the Forest "Temple" isn't really deserving of the title, it's my favorite because it's just so different.

Also, I think another reason the TP temples fit so well is because some of them aren't titled as a temple. You have Goron Mines, not Goron Temple. And you have City in the Sky, not Sky Temple. So you know, they're more fitting because they're named appropriately.

I'm such a dungeon freak and I need a life lol. I always wonder if people go pray in the temples in OoT or something lol. But who in the WORLD would pray in the Shadow Temple? Temple implies a haven and a place of peace and prayer, perhaps a gathering for religious followings. I guess everyone that goes to the Shadow Temple are Satanists? lol

Algo Fonix
June 13th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Oh wow. I never thought about it like that. >_> It'd take one bunch of messed up individuals to go praying in the Shadow Temple. Like, first off... it's crazy hard to get to, and once you're inside it's like a frickin' creepy.

Also I got a friend to play Link's Awakening! Yay.

~Harmony
June 13th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'm such a dungeon freak and I need a life lol. I always wonder if people go pray in the temples in OoT or something lol. But who in the WORLD would pray in the Shadow Temple? Temple implies a haven and a place of peace and prayer, perhaps a gathering for religious followings. I guess everyone that goes to the Shadow Temple are Satanists? lol

I always wonder about the skeletons and redeads that fight in you in temples. What exactly are they-- dead knights? After all, there are voices of Hyrule Knights that whisper throughout the Shadow Temple. It makes me wonder then if it was a place that knights used to come to long ago. Either way, it creeps me out.

And then I wonder where all the weapons come from like the bow or hookshot. Did they used to belong to adventurers and were lost, or have they always been the monsters'?

I wonder about stupid stuff, I guess. I really need to get a life :D

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
NO. YOU'RE LIKE ME. :) I think about weird things in the temples allllllll the time. I figured the same thing about the items and the ReDeads. Actually, though this isn't confirmed, apparently Bongo Bongo was a real person that was a thief (hence why his hands are cut off) and he was banished to either the Bottom of the Well or the Shadow Temple (I don't remember) and he killed people etc. I don't know the full story, but you can read it on the Zelda wiki on Bongo Bongo's page. Very interesting! So maybe the Shadow Temple at one time really was a place that would be more considered a place of prayer and peace. But that boat to the other side still mystifies me.

Altairis
June 13th, 2012, 07:04 PM
When I'm in the Temples all I would think about was how these people made the temples and why they would make them complicated (coughwatertemplecough) like why would they go to all that trouble? Especially if you could only use a bow, hookshot, etc.

I just got to the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess and when Link put the sword in the pedestal I was thinking NO LINK WHAT ARE YOU DOING because I thought he was going to go back in time like in OoT. The temple part itself and the music was exactly the same I got all nostalgic. lol.

I just read that and it is really interesting, Sydian! But it's kinda strange, how would he turn into a massive shadowy thing..? I guess we just have to keep wondering.

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 07:17 PM
One might wonder that about buildings in real life though. Some buildings are just overly complicated and have secret doors and all this crazy stuff inside. Oh...which makes me think, since you brought up items...don't have an answer for those OoT temples BUT. I think that in Arbiter's Grounds, perhaps it belonged to a secret society. Only this secret society was given the Spinners so that they could get through their headquarters and intruders could not. Though, imagine Arbiter's Grounds fixed up some more haha. I imagine that by the time Link gets there, it's been there several hundred years and has had its fair share of wear and tear haha.

As for Bongo Bongo, I assume his soul was restless and his spirit lives on in the form of...a penis with hands. lol That's just what I think though, hence why he's still there in that shadow form and the other form that Link fights.

Bzzzzzzzt talking about temples makes me excited to finish my RNG project since it's Zelda related. Hopefully y'all will like it. XD

8bitSilence
June 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Username: 8bitSilence
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time or Adventure of Link
Triforce Section: Wisdom

-Ehhh...tie between Tetra and Tingle. I like Tetra's cockiness and Tingle's obsession with fairies.
The whistle grass in TP Probably the Wind Waker. I loved the Spirit Flute, though.
- The King of Red Lions

Just like Sydian, I got into Zelda because of Young Link in SSBM. He was my favorite character. :)
I've been playing OoT:3D a lot lately, though.

Altairis
June 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
It did seem very secret society ish. Something interesting that I read about the Temple of Time dungeon in TP regarding the spinner rails. It said that in the game maybe someone knew that Link would come to the Temple so that's why they were there. But the Temple looks old so they'd have to see into the future and..?! idk it seemed interesting so I decided to share. I haven't even finished the game so I don't know if anyone mentions this again, haha.

Oooh, Rng project? Now I'm curious O:

edit; Hi 8bitSilence! OOT:3d is really cool C: What game is the King of Red Lions from?

8bitSilence
June 13th, 2012, 07:54 PM
The King of Red Lions is from Wind Waker.
And that RNG project sounds interesting.

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I forgot you even use the Spinner in there haha. That kinda makes sense, but still baffles me. Zelda is fun to think about...except the timeline. Thank goodness there is actually a canon timeline now.

Welcome to the club, 8BitSilence! I feel like I've seen you somewhe-- oh challenge banners in your sig...that explains it lol. King of Red Lions is awesome. I remember being immature and thinking it was so funny that I had been riding in the king through the game lol. Young Link is awesome too. It's nice to know other people started Zelda because of him in Melee. XD

And yeah, I'll make sure to post the RNG project when I'm done, or link to it since it's also going in the RNG Club. :>

ソラ
June 13th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Username: コナンくん.
Favorite LoZ game: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Triforce Section: Courage :)

- LoZ:OoA is my first, than OoT3D, but Skyward Sword was like mind blown to me, mainly due to the fact i love flying, I would want to own a Loftwing. :) I would want a green colored Loftwing :).

~Harmony
June 13th, 2012, 08:06 PM
The Bongo Bongo thing weirded me out when I was a kid. It was some like freaky drummer or something to me. I had no idea what he was supposed to be exactly, but I was freaked out by drums for awhile:paranoid: If it was some sort of drums, maybe the Bongo thing playing it was supposed to bring attention to its cut-off hands.

Sydian
June 13th, 2012, 08:13 PM
He apparently hums a song too. I've never been able to hear it because he's drumming, there's boss music, and I'm too busy, you know, fighting him. lol

Welcome to the club japanesetextthatidontfeellikecopypasting! :) I love your theme. I'm such a sucker for SS Link ughhh. I think I'll just stare at your sig all night. so qt kekeke.

8bitSilence
June 13th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I'm such a sucker for SS Link ughhh.

My mind still hasn't been set to where "SS=Skyward Sword".
I always think "SS=Soul Silver" lol.
So Sydian's post really confused me until I realized, "Oh, wait, this is the Zelda fan club..." [/fail]

Anyway, I've yet to even SEE any gameplay of SS. It looks cool from what I can tell.

Altairis
June 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I forgot you even use the Spinner in there haha. That kinda makes sense, but still baffles me. Zelda is fun to think about...except the timeline. Thank goodness there is actually a canon timeline now.

Going back to this, I just saw the canon timeline recently and there are some things that don't really make any sense and it seems like they just threw it together, but oh well. I still think that the 2way Split theory makes the most sense, but that's just me.

Welcome japanesetext! What does your username mean?

Kotowari
June 14th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Jumping back in with a reply to earlier posts:

What also intrigues me is how the temples throughout the different games link to each other. The most remarkable one is the Temple of Time. Keeping only in mind the one thingy that links them all, The Master Sword, the temple of Time in Ocarina of Time seems closest to Hyrule Castle in WW, whereas Sealed/Hylia's Temple compares better to Twilight Princess' Temple of Time and a Link to the Past's Pedestal of Time. Some theories speculate on how the Master Sword was moved throughout the ages, but that seems somewhat farfetched in my oppinion.

What I am inclined to believe, however, is Lanayru Temple of Time -> Spirit Temple -> Arbiter's Grounds. Not only to the ST and AG both feature the Sand Goddess (?) with the Snake, AG and LTOT both feature a mirror-like portal to a different realm (time/space) and the ST forces you to travel through time to complete it (that and the mirror shield /shot'd). It's also not hard to believe that criminals were judged in the temples of the desert. With the tumultous history of Lanayru of war and what not... you could also think that the Gerudo (and their ancestors) weren't kind with intruders and sent them to be judged before the Sand Goddess. As a final, there's the Arbiter's Grounds where criminals were judged (see Ganondorf, right there, though that was OoT in TP |D). I don't know what to make of the Arbiter's grounds... it's got a mix of a prison, a place of death (redeads/poes) and a sacred place.

My guess about the Shadow Temple is that it's more of a mausoleum/prison than an actual temple (or that the temple/place of prayer is restricted to the first room with all the torches). We shouldn't forget that the Shadow Temple is directly linked to Hyrule's Bloody History of War.... War is a horrible time... so it's not hard to imagine that the Shadow Temple and the Well were used for horrible things. BT

Big Tree (SS) - > Great Deku Tree (OoT) -> Forest Temple (TP)? 8D;

I'm not a fan of the 3-split timeline either.... that's my biggest concern about the offical timeline. I don't like the idea that there's a probable time line. It creates the thought that those games could have never happened. And though I support the idea that a hero might fail, I don't think OoT Link is the one that should bear the responsability for the triple split. Maybe the Link before him, but not OoT Link... OoT Link doesn't fail.

And Japanese Username's username reads as Konankun. ;3

~Harmony
June 14th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Ew I don't even want to begin talking about timeline theories. We could be here all day haha.

From what I see, there are a lot of different ones, hence the word "theory." I guess it depends on what you think and how long you will sit there and logic things out. All I know for sure is Wind Waker is one of the more modern times in the timeline. I haven't played that game for awhile sadly, but wasn't Hyrule drowned away after Link defeated Ganon at some point? This makes me push this game farther down the timeline for sure. But the other games..... I have no clue where to put them.

Sydian
June 14th, 2012, 08:19 AM
But now that there actually is a canon timeline, the theories are kinda put to rest...unless you think they're better and still believe in them haha. I just find it funny that the first two games are at the end of one of those timelines. Ironic. And I agree, OoT Link never fails! Though I always found it odd OoT wasn't the first in the timeline. With SS (and a few others that I don't remember atm) being in front of it, I just find it weird. I know there were wars before in Hyrule, but that's about as much backstory you get to the events before OoT, so I felt like it was safe to believe it was first. And when you consider most others Links get Hero's Clothes and it's like "this blah was worn by the ancient hero of blah and the blah blah" but noooo you have a Kokiri Tunic in OoT, implying you have the first and original, because you didn't get it because of a certain occasion or whatever. I'm thinking too much about something trivial like a tunic lol. Now that I've watched SS and all, it makes sense that it's first, but...ughhh. /stanning for OoT

And yeah I can see the Shadow Temple being used for that thing. I'm too lazy to look up what a temple actually means, I just think of it as a sanctuary, and obviously the Shadow Temple is not a sanctuary. lol

Anyway, I've yet to even SEE any gameplay of SS. It looks cool from what I can tell.

Go watch NintendoCapriSun's LP! That's what I've been watching. :) My favorite LPer. He's done most Zelda games actually. His OoT LP is my favorite.

8bitSilence
June 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Thanks, I'll check it out. :D

Anyway, I pretty much gave up trying to understand the Zelda timeline when I first heard that there were 3 separate timelines, along with all these theories and what-not. But you say there's an official canon timeline now, so I'll have to look into that.

Kotowari
June 14th, 2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/timeline.jpg
http://www.damnlag.com/wp-content/uploads/timeline.jpg
^That right there. BT Added Miyamoto for fun. |D;

I can follow/understand most of the places some of the games were put in... but as said before, I would have liked the third timeline to be placed elsewhere.
The Hero's clothes is also something I've been thinking about. (You're not the only one to indulge themselves into the world behind the games, Sydian. ;3)
TP and WW are, as far as I know, the only games where it's actually mentioned that the Green Tunic is something special, whereas OoT and SS give an origin story. In the other games the green tunic is just kinda there. I long thought that OoT was one of the first as well, and it's the first game to establish some key features in the Hyrulean lore.
Hyrule was well develloped since then, in a lot of the earlier games (Lttp not included) it's a bit of a chaotic place.

Part of me believes that when they started to make the Legend of Zelda games, no one of the devellopers had any idea about how great the series would become. It started as just any fantasy A/RPG... and it wasn't until later when they realised how big it /could/ get that they actively starting thinking about Hyrule's history and culture...
Making the Triforce a divine gift of three goddesses kind of put the first games on the sidelines... and therefore they are somewhere in the dark corners of the timeline...
I haven't played the first games yet, so I'm just speculating based on things I heard here and there.

Sydian
June 14th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Miyamoto didn't want to pull a George Lucas on us haha. So looking at the timeline, although it doesn't seem to come together and make sense in some spots, we have to remember that the older games were either incapable of holding a heavy storyline, and they probably didn't think Zelda would have lasted this long. But I'm glad it did. :) Now later Zelda games have room to actually contribute to the timeline in a way that makes sense. I don't think they really started to think about it and make an attempt to bring it together till OoT, considering that's where a lot of things in proceeding Zelda games came from. Certain dungeon formulas, items, etc. were all borrowed. And TONS of characters in MM's case! Weeeeeeeee I love OoT being so fierce. I should hug it. Though I find it weird 4SA is at the end of it, but 4S is in the part before the split? Ummm? I never played either of them though, since they're both kind of difficult to play without proper equipment or more players (I AM REALLY LONELY GUYS) so I always felt like it shouldn't be included since I can't be the only one that didn't have access to it. I'm sure tons of others didn't either.

Also ewww adult timeline. :( -doesn't like the DS titles-

8bitSilence
June 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Whaaat? D:

I loved the Great Sea in WW and PH. Possibly because I live in Arizona, where there is ABSOLUTELY NO WATER ANYWHERE lol. And because PH was actually the first Zelda game I ended up buying. Although I didn't really like the Spirit Train. I don't like trains.

Sydian
June 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Nooo. I LOVE Wind Waker! The DS titles just always seemed like a pain in the butt to play. XD I'm not a fan of using the touch screen for basic commands. I also don't like motion control that much. -sits around with a controller in hand-

8bitSilence
June 14th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ah, ok. Lazy. :P The touch screen controls felt really natural imo.
Oh, and I've been watching that SS LP you mentioned, it looks pretty cool. Nothing in the videos so far that makes me want to go buy the game for myself, but maybe when I watch more of it I'll be motivated enough.

Sydian
June 14th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I totally understand that feeling. I felt the same when I was watching his LP and I found my selling point pretty late, and it's a major plot point, so I won't say what it is haha. But I hate that it took me that long to get interested in the game and actually want to buy it for myself. There are just some really tedious things in there. And the thing about me is that when I watch someone play a game, I feel like I have to do it exactly like them. lol

~Harmony
June 14th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Nooo. I LOVE Wind Waker! The DS titles just always seemed like a pain in the butt to play. XD I'm not a fan of using the touch screen for basic commands. I also don't like motion control that much. -sits around with a controller in hand-

I HATED the DS games. When I first started playing PH, I kept mashing on the control pad until I realized the stylus alone made Link move. It really annoyed me. I'm just an old enough gamer that not using a control pad or stick really bothered me.

I ended up selling that game... cannot ever see myself parting with any other of my Zelda games. I still have the special golden DS though :P

8bitSilence
June 14th, 2012, 06:40 PM
I HATED the DS games.

What is the world coming to...

Kotowari
June 14th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I haven't played an of the DS games either, though as a Zelda fan, I should at one point at least try them, no? BT Which one would you advice to me first? Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks?

I think the half of the beauty of Skyward Sword is actually being able to do it yourself. You say your selling point was a turning point (I think I might have an idea about which one it is) pretty late in the game, but I Loved the first half of the game. Adventuring all by yourself, discovering things... it's all part of the experience. I remember being "astonished" when the 'sapphire' didn't turn out to be a 'sapphire'. |D
Oh, and whoever says that the Silent Realms are their least favourite part of the game, I disagree. \o/

Sydian
June 15th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Yeah I feel like I should at least try them at some point. :( But I'm afraid I won't beat them and I don't like buying games that I won't play often or at least beat once.

I'm a Heart Piece completionist lol. I'm afraid I won't have as many of them as I should when going to a new dungeon or area and die or something. :( Cause I used to just go from point a to b without collecting them and ugh. -points to first file on OoT- Six hearts in Forest Temple BAD. Bad bad.

Are the Silent Realms the trial things? They're super cool, but it would freak me out. I hate when I am gonna get chased. I blame the hand and the Sol in the Palace of Twilight. v_v THAT MUSIC. SCARY.

Miss Doronjo
June 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Still fighting my way through Skyward Sword after beating OoT again, hehe~ Hence why I must join.

Linebeck (or was it Lineback) was pretty awesome in Phantom Hourglass, IMO~ I also love Nabooru from OoT; she was my favourite. :3

The Ocarina, tbh~ It's probably the most fun and challenging instrument to play~ <3

Ohhh, Midna for sure. Navi, was well, Navi, Tatl was just, ugh, she was a brat. Fi, well, she was okay, but she just... keeps telling you all these things that you knew by then. xD The King of Red Lions was also cool, but, not as cool as Midna tbh.

P.S. I really hate those Zants Hands. :x Creepier than Wallmasters.

Kotowari
June 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cbwq8ev-EXA
There's this one comment on youtube... that kind of wrote lyrics to this song:
"Hey Link... Hey Link come and get this tear.
Hey Link... Hey Link come and get this tear
Come and get this tear, don't worry a-bout the guardians, they are all asleep
now come and get this tear."

And every time I hear that song, I have to think of it. OTZ

n8_LJN-dxtc

*snickers* I remember going through Din's Silent Realm with the guardians at my back for several minutes. |D If either of you have played/watched up to that part, you know there are some Tears on the "slide" down the volcano. That was the place I went to 5 times in a row without collecting a tear. It was fun. |D

Oh, gosh. 6 hearts for the Forest Temple? That's... though. BT

Welcome to the club, Miss Doronjo!
I hate Wallmasters... I hate, hate, hate them. >3<
"Watch out for the shadows from monsters hanging above you!"
*playing*
*suddenly notices shadow is growing*. OH SHI-

It's almost like that one room in the Forest Temple where there's nothing but a redead.
*opens door*
*casually enters*
*sees Redead*
*can't get out fast enough* (I didn't have the Sun's Song by then. >3>)

Altairis
June 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Ooh I have Spirit Tracks but I didn't really like it that much so I haven't gotten that far, but eventually I'll try and beat it again. Maybe Phantom Hourglass is better?

Welcome to the club, Miss Doronjo! Out of the few games I've played Midna is probably my favorite too, I love her. :)

Sydian
June 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm in safe mode, so I can't listen to the music sadly. :( But I do remember that slide. I got so nervous when NCS was playing that part! "DONT MISS THE TEAR TIM OMG OMG OMG"

I think that ReDead is only in the Forest Temple in Master Quest ewww. I read about it and was like "WELL I guess I won't be doing MQ BYE GUYS"

Welcome to the club, Mr. Darmani. lol :>

Miss Doronjo
June 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks. :3

That Re-Dead, huh? Reminds me of that surprise Like-Like I unfortunately encountered in Master Quest's Fire Temple. :x

/was young, had a nightmare about it, orz

Kotowari
June 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Oh, that Like Like! It amused me to no end of how a chest would appear instantly after defeating it which gave you your stuff back. |D /weird like that
There's also the Like Like in the Spirit Temple, which falls on you when you hit the switch. Scared the heck out of me as well a few times. |D

MQ is so much fun. *cough*

8bitSilence
June 15th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Because of that LP Sydian recommended along with this (http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_legend_of_zelda_skyward_sword/b/wii/archive/2011/11/11/skyward-sword-review-the-wii-game-we-39-ve-wanted-for-five-years.aspx), I've officially decided to go out and buy SS. :D

-ReDeads and Wallmasters scared me sooo much when I was little. They still freak me out a bit today lol. Like-likes are more strange looking than scary to me. Its design is really weird imo.

Sydian
June 15th, 2012, 06:30 PM
You should watch more of his LPs! He's amazing. Legit, my idol. Let's make him our official Zelda LPer kekeke.

I get spooked by a lot of stuff lol. ReDeads, Wall/Floor Masters, anything that chases you (HANDS!!), Gibdos...well, if it's dead or a severed body part, I probably don't like it. lol

Kotowari
June 16th, 2012, 12:42 AM
XD; I watched some LP clips when I was doing a SS video run with a friend of mine. I'd much rather play the game myself, to be honest. |D;; I also stay away from spoilers as much as possible (hence why my deviation inbox on dA now counts 300+ messages because I haven't read the new D.Gray-man chapter yet), so I don't think it's something for me. |D

And what about the Zombie Bokoblins in the Ancient Cistern? |D

Sydian
June 18th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I thought of some kinda topical (not tropical lol) questions that some of you may enjoy answering! :) I just wanna know what other people think too haha.

What is your favorite incarnation of Link? Least favorite? When answering, keep in mind artwork, personality, etc.
Favorite Zelda? And least fave? Same as above basically lol.

I think I'll answer later after I wake up a little more. :) /can't think hurrr

Kotowari
June 18th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Why are the easiest questions always the hardest to answer?

It's a tie between Twilight Princess Link and Skyward Sword Link, with the former probably a bit higher than the later.
I adore Twi's artwork. It's so detailed. I love how they added simple things like stitchwork or the patterns in his boots. Even the knot in his belt is a nice touch. I love how goofy he looks as goat herder and how fierce his face is as a hero. I love his blue eyes in this picture. It's as Telma says: That boy has the eyes of a fierce beast. I couldn't agree more.

http://zs.ffshrine.org/album/twilight-princess/art/e3_link_art_3.jpg

I guess Sky doesn't need any additional explanation as to why he ranks so high. He's so expressive. :'D

For the Zelda's, it's probably vice versa. Skyward Sword Zelda is my favourite, for the same reason as to why Sky ranks so high on my list. She's just a great character, with an adorable design and great story to boot.
TP's Zelda is just very regal. A true heir to the throne. Did you gues know that apparently, if Zant hadn't invaded, she would have been crowned queen a few days later?

8bitSilence
June 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Wind Waker Link is definitely my favorite Link. I also think he's the funniest.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/148323_17Sep09_wakerlink.jpg

He also has the most variety in facial expressions.
http://chzsomuchpun.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-puns-because-we-dont-have-any-hylian-anti-virus-software.jpg
lol

And I think Twilight Princess Zelda has the coolest Zelda design. Idk why, though.

Absol
June 18th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Username: Iloveeevee
Favorite LoZ game: Wind Waker
Triforce Section: Courage

Adult Link in OoT has to be my favorite. He looks so grown up from the little kid he was and it was such a shock to me when I saw him as an adult for the first time. My least favorite is the Link from A Link to the Past. His hair and face annoyed me the entire game. Idk why, but I hated the design. As for Zelda, my favorite is the Wind Waker. I was really amazed when Tetra was revealed as Zelda. Even though the design is cartoon-like, I still like it more than the other LoZ games I've played. I don't really have a least favorite Zelda. I either liked her or I didn't pay much attention to her.

NV
June 18th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Username:NV
Favorite LoZ game:Wind Waker(my favorite game period)
Triforce Section: Power, because I love Dins Oracle

-Grayscale-
June 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Wind Waker Link is definitely my favorite Link. I also think he's the funniest.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/148323_17Sep09_wakerlink.jpg

He also has the most variety in facial expressions.
http://chzsomuchpun.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/funny-puns-because-we-dont-have-any-hylian-anti-virus-software.jpg
lol

And I think Twilight Princess Zelda has the coolest Zelda design. Idk why, though.

I love WW Link ;o; *makes me wish even more I had learned about LoZ earlier*
I WANT /ALL/ THE GAMES

...and that's because she /does/ have the coolest design. Durr :I
Lol jk, but TP Zelda is my favorite. The WW Zelda is also really awesome.

I think my most favorite design from the LoZ franchise, character-wise, is Stallord (TP Boss). Also the most fun boss fight; ever.

8bitSilence
June 19th, 2012, 09:50 PM
My least favorite is the Link from A Link to the Past. His hair and face annoyed me the entire game. Idk why, but I hated the design.

I agree. Wasn't his hair like, pink? :P

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and change my theme to something Zelda-ish.

Kotowari
June 20th, 2012, 05:34 AM
Wind Waker Link has indeed the best expressions, and then it gets hilarious when people try to immitate/cosplay it. (http://mudkipblader.deviantart.com/favourites/41101816#/d2r5twq) I remember turning the camera whenever I could to see if he pulled some faces. |D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zfl5dyLP1rsdimto1_500.gif

Haha, yes, Lttp Link had pink hair in one version of the game. |D It's odd how even roms differ from each other. I remember playing one with yellow hair, and one with pink hair.... even though they were both the GBA version in combination with Four Swords.

Absol
June 20th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Wind Waker Link has indeed the best expressions, and then it gets hilarious when people try to immitate/cosplay it. (http://mudkipblader.deviantart.com/favourites/41101816#/d2r5twq) I remember turning the camera whenever I could to see if he pulled some faces. |D

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zfl5dyLP1rsdimto1_500.gif

Haha, yes, Lttp Link had pink hair in one version of the game. |D It's odd how even roms differ from each other. I remember playing one with yellow hair, and one with pink hair.... even though they were both the GBA version in combination with Four Swords.

That was one of my favorite scenes from WW. I laughed so hard when he hit the wall. :D Is it just me or did Link get tossed around and thrown into walls a lot in that game?

I still have the original SNES with LttP and I play it every so often. I can't seem to get past the first boss in the Dark World though. >:( This is how I remember Link looking:
http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Zelda_GD_05.jpg

His hair does look pink, doesn't it? I always thought it was brown...

Madam Cheezy
June 20th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Oou, oou, me too! XD

Name: Uh...*points*
Fav character: The happy mask man (both OOT and MM), Kotake and Koume, the potion shop lady from OOT, Error....uh....ok, this list is kinda long. I like a lot of the minor oddball people. ^^
Fav game: Yeeeeeeah, I'ma have to say Ocarina of Time. I've played it like, 6 or more times, and it was the one that got me hooked years ago.
Triforce: I think I'm going with Courage.

Ok, so, please dont let me be the only one on this, but, is anyone else having a ***** of a time with the first game? I got it through the Wii shop, and I suck. Big time.

Kotowari
June 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't played the first one yet, but since it's 2D i'm probably going to suck at it. |D I'm good with the 3D games, but the 2D games are just some of the hardest games I every played. I lost count of how many times I GO'd.

@Iloveeevee:
Yeah, you're not the only one to lol when Link hit the wall. |D I laughed when Link was blown away by the statue of and hit the wall of a tower that [I]just reached above the waves.
It also make me lol when Sky hits the floor after a glorious dive from his Loftwing. |D; Music inluded.

-Grayscale-
June 25th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Yo guys, I got a topic for you:

Which bosses in the Legend of Zelda series did you find the hardest? Which the easiest?

Honestly I think they make the first bosses of each first dungeon too simple. :B They also really need to make the weak spots of each a little... less obvious to me.

Spinosaurus
June 26th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Playing Skyward Sword made me feel like joining. I can't say I'm really a fan, but I'm getting into the series.
Username: Spinosaurus
Favorite LoZ game: Phantom Hourglass
Triforce Section: Uh, Power I guess.

Linebeck. That guy pretty much made PH for me, and one of the major reasons why it's my favorite LoZ game.
Don't know, honestly.
Don't know either. Does Linebeck count? If not, I guess Zelda in Spirit Tracks was the one I tolerated the most.
But you know the one in Skyward Sword, Fi? Yeah, she can die.
What is your favorite incarnation of Link? Least favorite? When answering, keep in mind artwork, personality, etc.
Favorite Zelda? And least fave? Same as above basically lol.
Favorite's Wind Waker Link and Skyward Sword Zelda. They just showed the most personality to me.

Madam Cheezy
June 26th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Jabu Jabu was such a pain. >.<
Both the mini boss and the boss made me want to break my cart!

I remember a lot of the TP bosses being like that too...not really hard, but just tricky and or tedious. And all of the bosses in WW could of been harder, imo.

But yeah, I'm like you, Kotowari, in that 3D games are...uh, easier? to play than the 2D ones. Going back to my original post, I remember paying Zelda 1 on GB, and I just...died so many times. And that was before I got the sword, even.

Sydian
June 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. :( So much stuff going on irl. To answer my last two topics, my favorite Link is Skyward Sword Link because...WELL I just like how he acts in the game haha. Least favorite Link I guess would be Link to the Past Link because his sprite has purple hair and it bugs me. Favorite Zelda is Skyward Sword's again, because she's so different than other Zeldas and gets more personality, but Wind Waker's is a close second. Least favorite Zelda...the one in Zelda II with her sleepy self. Wake yo ass up!

Which bosses in the Legend of Zelda series did you find the hardest? Which the easiest?

Ignoring all final boss battles, just cause that's kinda...standard to be the hardest. Anyway, Argorok in Twilight Princess. I died. Yes. I died. lol :( Twice I think? But trying Clawshot around the arena while avoiding flamethrowers was difficult, but it's been years since I've done that fight. As for easiest, I can beat Volvagia without taking damage from it at all. It's simple. You can duck when he circles around you and not take any hits. lol

Spinosaurus
June 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Bosses in Zelda games were always easy for me. Granted I never played 2D Zelda games, N64 Zelda games, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker (oh dear god that's a lot of catching up lol), but so far I don't think there was any boss that gave me any trouble, but they were a lot of fun.

Easiest I guess goes to the first boss in Phantom Hourglass. Dunno about hardest.

Absol
June 27th, 2012, 07:43 PM

The hardest would have to be the next to last boss fight against Ganon in WW where he transforms into three different forms. The puppet pig thing wasn't too hard and the spider was easy, but the snake was nearly impossible. It moved too fast and I couldn't hit the end of the tail because I never knew which way it would turn. The first time I spent hours firing arrows randomly hoping I would hit it. The other times weren't as hard but it is definitely one of the hardest bosses for me.

The easiest boss for me is the final boss in PH. Though I felt a little guilty about hurting Lineback I easily defeated him. It was the easiest final boss ever. It could have been much more difficult and given me more of a challenge.

Spinosaurus
June 28th, 2012, 01:29 AM
The easiest boss for me is the final boss in PH. Though I felt a little guilty about hurting Lineback I easily defeated him. It was the easiest final boss ever. It could have been much more difficult and given me more of a challenge.
Whoa you might wanna spoiler that. Huge plot point for PH.

Altairis
July 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Idk I haven't played too many Zelda games and most of the time I die because I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Uhhh, I didn't really find any of the OOT bosses hard, imo they mostly focused on how to defeat the boss, and once you got that then it was easy.

There was the one miniboss, Darkhammer, from TP with the ball & chain that was really hard for me, or just frustrating, it took me many tries before I could finally kill him ;_; I'm really bad at the dungeon part so that's mostly what's difficult for me.

I think Morpheel from TP was really frustrating, the battle was underwater and I hate being underwater, thanks Water Temple ;;

I finally finished TP and I started Skyward Sword (no outside life wooo). Is it just me or is it hard? I find the controls difficult, I can't defeat the Deku Babas and the Skulltulas because my remote won't swing sideways, or it just takes me a while and I die. ;; THE SHIELDS. Most of the time I just stick my shield in front and absorb attacks but... now I can't and I keep forgetting, I didn't have a shield for the first boss fight in Skyview Temple. :c

NV
July 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
Idk I haven't played too many Zelda games and most of the time I die because I have no idea what I'm doing, lol. Uhhh, I didn't really find any of the OOT bosses hard, imo they mostly focused on how to defeat the boss, and once you got that then it was easy.

There was the one miniboss, Darkhammer, from TP with the ball & chain that was really hard for me, or just frustrating, it took me many tries before I could finally kill him ;_; I'm really bad at the dungeon part so that's mostly what's difficult for me.

I think Morpheel from TP was really frustrating, the battle was underwater and I hate being underwater, thanks Water Temple ;;

I finally finished TP and I started Skyward Sword (no outside life wooo). Is it just me or is it hard? I find the controls difficult, I can't defeat the Deku Babas and the Skulltulas because my remote won't swing sideways, or it just takes me a while and I die. ;; THE SHIELDS. Most of the time I just stick my shield in front and absorb attacks but... now I can't and I keep forgetting, I didn't have a shield for the first boss fight in Skyview Temple. :c
do you have the wii motion plus?

Spinosaurus
July 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
do you have the wii motion plus?
You can't play the game without it.

I thought the controls felt natural imo, especially if you don't sit down. Would really love if they do it again in future Zelda games, the sword fights are very fun.

Also, I got the original LoZ game, Zelda II and LoZ: Minish Cap for free on my 3DS yesterday when I found out what an ambassador 3DS is, lol. Really excited to try out Minish Cap in particular.

Olli
July 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
I think it's about time that I finally join this club.

Username: Olli97
Favorite LoZ game: Uhh, hard choice. It's kind of a tie between the N64 titles. I love Ocarina of Time, the length, the story, the dungeons and temples and pretty much everything about it, yet Majora's Mask rivals it with its dark and eerie atmosphere, and just all the possibilities it brought with its story, plus I found all the side quests a lot of fun. I guess in the end I'd have to go with Majora's Mask, mainly because I've had so much fun with it, and it hasn't once bored me, unlike OoT where I found some of the temple's a bit boring. They both shared an incredibly annoying Water temple though.
Triforce Section: Courage, because I wanna grow up to be just like Link ^v^

Kinda hard to say. While replaying the games, I find that most of the bosses I once thought were hard are actually pretty easy, though if I had to choose one, I'd have to say Phantom Ganon in Ocarina of Time. I've always been pretty horrible at timing attacks correctly, and my observation skills aren't that good either in cases like this. I usually panic too much, and end up failing in shooting him with the bow and sending back his attacks.

The easiest one I've faced is probably a tie between the Chu-Chu boss from Minish Cap and the first boss in Ocarina of Time. They were both very predictable and simple, so they were pretty easy to beat, and when you're able to finish a boss off in the first chance you get to damage it, it's just kinda done wrong lol.

Altairis
July 4th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Guys don't let the thread die! D8

Hi Olli97, welcome to our club! I love OOT too. C: I've never played Majora's Mask, it looks really awesome though. Courage Triforce yay :)

Maybe it's time to start a new discussion: we all know that all LoZ tracks are just... awesome, but what are your favorite LoZ songs? Background music, Ocarina songs, etc.

I just got to the Lanayru Mining Facility in Skyward Sword, and when I heard the music I kind of just.. sat there for a few minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvCgyfcfs24

Another one of my favorites.. (I finished Twilight Princess last week, yay!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBRdekWKxI

Sydian
July 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Good music! I love Lanayru Mining Facility even though I still haven't played SS. But I was watching a spoilery battle today and OH HEY look at this.

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/halolz-dot-com-zelda-iloveyou.jpg

I was gushing over SS Link and Zelda. They're so cute! And I remembered seeing this a while back and thought I'd share it with y'all. :) So true, isn't it? Missing some but eh, can't please them all. Though the thought of Link even speaking to say I love you is the weirdest thought to me. Like what would he sound like in older games? Now I'll think about this all day.

Altairis
July 13th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ohh I saw that before too! I think that's pretty funny. I got up to the last dungeon in SS wooo (lol nothing better to do) and I really love SS Link and Zelda <33 IMO I think they're the best because there's more of a connection between them that you can actually see... I guess lol. It's not like, "Oh, the Princess is in trouble, save her, she has something to do with Light Arrows etc" At least from what I've seen... I actually felt like I should save her this time around, lol.

Sydian
July 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Yes, this is my favorite incarnation of Zelda. She's absolutely amazing. Link isn't just rescuing because he has to. He's doing it because he wants to. That's his best friend, and I'm sure he already liked her at least, you know? And she has more personality than most other Zeldas. She's not just someone you see for 3 seconds at the end of the game when you rescue her. I like Wind Waker Link too though. She had some personality and Tetra is a great character too, though they're the same essentially. idk if anyone considers them two separate characters or what of course.

Olli
July 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I felt like Skyward Sword was the only one to really live up to it's name. I mean, almost every game has had something to do with Zelda, however it isn't showing her story, she isn't on an adventure, and usually her actions don't mean that much other than using her magic to help you through a collapsing building, or shooting light arrows at your shield. In Skyward Sword though she did do something, had her own adventure apart from Link's, and was generally more close to the story that usual, as well as having a much more elaborated relationship with Link in the game.

Sydian
July 14th, 2012, 06:44 PM
YES I agree. That's probably why people used to think Link was Zelda, because he's having the adventure and making the legend, not Zelda. She's like...asleep or something in most of them. What kind of legend is that? She didn't do crap. So it's nice to know she actually did something. But after 25 years of it, The Legend of Link just doesn't sound as good as The Legend of Zelda. As much as that name would be more appropriate, it just doesn't sound right. At least some games got it right, like The Adventure of Link.

Spinosaurus
July 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM
It's such a shame that Skyward Sword suffers immensely from continues paddng and backtracking after beating Lanayru Mining Facility. It seriously discouraged me to continue to play the game, and I already got bored of motion controls. I also heard that the next temples has worse level designs than the previous ones, and the padding and backtracking gets MORE ridiculous.

I'm still midway through the game. (at least I hope so) Of course I'm willing to beat the game, but I haven't gotten the will to play. (considering all the other games I'm playing) It quickly went to possible favorite Zelda game to possible least favorite. :( I'll reserve judgment until I beat it however, whenever that is.

Kotowari
July 17th, 2012, 02:00 AM
Guess who's popping back in? That's right, me. :'D /shot'd I was playing Majora's Mask (finally) and finished it the day before yesterday. It's a great game, but I don't think it'll ever be able to push Twilight Princess from it's first place in my list. |3

I wouldn't just throw Skyward Sword aside just for the back tracking. It's true that after the Lanayru mining facility some back tracking is required (even redoing Skyview for a bit), but ithe tamples aren't bad. The Ancient Cistern has a great design (imo), and if you do a bit of background research, you'll learn that this temple is built around an old Japanese/Buddhistic tale, which makes it more interesting if you ask me.
The Fire Temple is pretty fun as well, the Sandship is something else than the usual building type of temple. Skykeep is pretty fun, once you figure out how the puzzles work. |D;

Some people groan at the part where you need to collect the parts of the Song of the Hero. I actually liked that (specially the Tadtone trial.)

So yeah, I wouldn't throw it aside just yet. Skyward Sword has some surprises left for you.

As for my favourite songs:
Skyward Sword

mFYf5c1Dfp8
c86nNWuhAEA
nRbROTdOgj0
qHbfru0okMo
shibvkpyb8E
Cbwq8ev-EXA
65c5y7Khm_w
O0np8WU2Znw

Twilight Princess

UGQFugRDtXE
tXEnAuzjgKU
pRHoPxAfy_Q&list
ftwtOQ1EpnI
NoBRdekWKxI
RTRnOUaBlu8
NSaH6pjl1oQ
q430UUQs17s

Ocarina of Time - Majora's Mask

XDX4ZwUeOok
knLCbS02T1Y
ErWVpxkdX_o
THdRs7grqhE

I could go on and on and on... but I'm afraid I'll reach the video limit per post. |D
On a side note, I made some Zelda fanart, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing it.

Algo Fonix
July 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
I should pop SS back in... I forgot where I'm at in it though. ;_; Once I got used to the controls and realized that my flailing around... was the problem, I loved the crap out of it. Just got busy and the Wii isn't hooked up right now. Bah, life.

Sydian
July 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I'm gonna have SS on my birthday list. :) I'm finally ready to play a new Zelda game haha. And I'd love to see your fanart, Kotowari! :)

Kotowari
July 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Woohoo, yay for having SS on your bday list. : > I still have to finish the Hero mode... and the final boss battle in MC and LttP.

Alright. The links below lead to deviantArt. : >

Battle of the fates (Link vs Kanda) (http://fav.me/d4vyd2c)
The Hero and the Princess (Link and Midna) (http://fav.me/d51v5ai)
Fav Characters of TLOZ (http://fav.me/d5789od)
Twili Link (concept sketch doodle picture thing) (http://fav.me/d57hrub)

Jacinth
July 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Sorry I've been gone so long! I have much to catch up on. So anyways, welcome... ~Harmony,NV, olli97,Iloveeevee, Algo Fonix, 8bitsilence, Miss Doronjo, Madam Cheezy, コナンくん, and Spinosaurus. Whew! I will update the members list soon.

Anyways, I'd have to say my favorite incarnation of Link is either TP Link or WW Link. LOL, I just got a shirt with TP Link on it, so it's probably him. I've worn that shirt three days in a row. XD

My favorite Zelda is definetley SS Zelda, for the reasons alot of you guys said. She takes a big part in the story, going on her own adventure and helping in her own way. Also, I like her design alot more than others.

The hardest LoZ boss for me was probably Ghirahim in the first battle. I had just got SS, so he wasn't very easy to beat. However, in the Thunder Dragon's challenge thing, I beat him in under a minute. Not so difficult now.

The easiest... Probably Koloktos. I don't know why, but this battle was very simple to me. The only difficult part of it is remembering what button to press to pull out my whip. :)

Wow, Kotowari, That art is absolutely stunning! I can draw, but I wish I could color and shade as well as you! Great job!

Olli
July 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome back Jacinth, have fun updating the list :p

That's some really nice art you have there Kotowari, you've really got a talent there :o I'm really in love with the Battle of Fates one. It's got so much detail and great colouring, and though I don't know who Kanda is, it looks to be a pretty intense battle. I'd love to see some more fanart from you :>

And great Sydian! I hope you'll get it, and I hope you won't be disappointed. I personally really liked the game, and was glued to it for such a long time. Though Spino's right that there was quite a lot of backtracking, especially when you had to go through a dungeon for a second time, just obtain a bottle of special water, which was super annoying because I just wanted to progress. I also felt like there was less adventuring in it compared to other Zelda games, since you're restricted to 4 different types of areas only, and your only connection between them are the sky. I enjoyed flying around up there, but having to go back and forth between the 3 mainland areas just became really annoying later on.

Though despite that, it was a really fun game overall, especially the boss battles. So yeah, something to look forward to.

Sydian
July 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!

Kotowari
July 21st, 2012, 11:15 AM
The easiest... Probably Koloktos. I don't know why, but this battle was very simple to me. The only difficult part of it is remembering what button to press to pull out my whip. :)

Wow, Kotowari, That art is absolutely stunning! I can draw, but I wish I could color and shade as well as you! Great job!

Haha, that sounds familiar. |D I know I missed a few opportunities to pull off an arm because I kept pressing the wrong button.
I loved the temple though. It wasn't dark and gloomy like some of the others.

Thank you very much. ^^

That's some really nice art you have there Kotowari, you've really got a talent there :o I'm really in love with the Battle of Fates one. It's got so much detail and great colouring, and though I don't know who Kanda is, it looks to be a pretty intense battle. I'd love to see some more fanart from you :>

Thank you very much, Olli97. As you might have read in the artist's comments, I'm very proud of this one. I think it's a step up from my usual work. Kanda is my favourite Anime/manga character, but since this isn't a D.Gray-man fanclub, I'm afraid I can't go into detail as to why. ;3 I'm sure that is also not something you're dying to know. Oh, if you'd like that, that can be taken care of. I have another piece which is almost finished (I'm finishing up a bunch which was left untouched during my exams). I could show you that one, if you want.

And great Sydian! I hope you'll get it, and I hope you won't be disappointed. I personally really liked the game, and was glued to it for such a long time. Though Spino's right that there was quite a lot of backtracking, especially when you had to go through a dungeon for a second time, just obtain a bottle of special water, which was super annoying because I just wanted to progress. I also felt like there was less adventuring in it compared to other Zelda games, since you're restricted to 4 different types of areas only, and your only connection between them are the sky. I enjoyed flying around up there, but having to go back and forth between the 3 mainland areas just became really annoying later on.

Though despite that, it was a really fun game overall, especially the boss battles. So yeah, something to look forward to.

Compared to Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, The surface seemed lot less expanded (vast) than the Hyrule (specially TP's) and Termina. But because there was so much detail to the environment, I didn't mind walking around. Some places in Hyrule and Termina of the earlier games just looked bland and uninteresting... but that meant that you could ride your horse (specially in TP) for long distances. SS doesn't need that anymore, since everything's pretty close together... but there are quite a lot of details in this "cramped" (exaggerated) space, which makes the short-distance exploring much more fun. But "venturing" into unknown areas is pretty much non-existant once you visited all the secondary areas.

Kotowari, I looove your art! I like the picture of Link and Midna the best. All sketchy n pencil n stuff. That's my favorite style. They're all great though. :)

And yeah Olli, I'm really excited for my birthday now. XD Cause I know someone will get it for me haha. And I can't wait to play! ...After the hour long tutorial!

Thank you very much, Sydian. : > Tutorial ungame? It's pretty fun. 8D;;;

Sydian
July 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Ooooh, I saw those Ocarina of Time mangas at Books A Million today! Along with Four Swords and Majora's Mask. Of course I was only interested in OoT really haha. I'm considering going back and buying them when I get paid this week and getting that awesome Tails plushie even though I'm awful at Sonic. But are they really worth it? I mean, I have ummmm like 5/6 year old manga in my room that I haven't touched in years, plus I don't read books or manga like I used to so idk if I should get them. I'm really interested though since Link actually talks in them and Ocarina of Time is like...the apple of my eye. My Zelda eye. mmm. lol

So yeah thoughts?

Kotowari
July 29th, 2012, 01:49 AM
I'd say go for it. I'm one of those fans who likes the manga quite a lot. : > Even if Viz classified them as "Child" Manga, I still find them an enjoyable read. I don't have any complaint about the manga, except that sometimes it goes a little fast. But that's to be expected if you throw a 60h game into a 2 volume (for OoT, 1 vol for the rest) manga. I quite enjoy the artstyle of Akira Himekawa.
They follow the games pretty closely, but give their own little twist to the major events in the game (e.g. Volvagia's curse and the fact that Dark Link is faught in Kakariko, not in the Water Temple) and give explanations for some of the details that weren't mentioned in the game (like Adult Link's earrings).
I own the OoT volumes, as well as MC and OoA (Raven <3) and they're all pretty good. I kind of want to get my hands on MM, FS and ALttP, which I remember being very good.

To be honest, my liking for Ocarina Link is mainly based on his characterisation in the manga. He doesn't have as much personality in the game as some of the other Links, but the manga makes up quite a bit for that.
I was hoping they'd do a TP manga (as were the mangaka), but for some reason they couldn't make one. : < They did, however, make a short SS-prequel manga which got published in Hyrule Historia. That was pretty nice. :'D and now my drama lovestory between the First Hero and the Goddess Hylia is complete

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/zeldamanga-660x446.jpg
http://www.mangarush.com/files/mangas/legend-of-zelda-oracles-of-ages-the/5/9.jpg
Raven is like my favourite non-game LOZ character. |3

On a manga-related note, someone's making a fanime of the "Triforce of the Gods" manga (aka ALttP), I thought I'd share the trialer here:
37N4GkFRUoI

Sydian
July 29th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Well, being the big OoT nut I am, I think I'll go for it once I get paid. :) It was busy today so that means more money anyway. n_n Yay. But yeah the thing that interested me the most was that Link actually talked. I was like "OMG YAY YOU'RE NOT MUTE! <3" OMG I'd love to know where the earrings came from too. DON'T TELL ME. lol I've always thought they looked awesome, even though I don't particularly like it when guys irl have earrings. That makes no sense. Maybe it's just because of how Link is dressed and it kinda goes.

And awwww I should get you the MM and FS manga cause it's at the Books A Million I went to! what if ben is in the mm manga ;) jk

Algo Fonix
August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I've been mulling over buying the manga for a while now. >_> If I'm not mistaken... didn't they release a boxed set with a special box and everything last year? YES THEY DID WOO. (http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Box-Set/dp/1421542420) Man, if I have some spare money in the next few months... that's tempting. :|

Sydian
August 2nd, 2012, 02:26 PM
LOL. Well, I got paid yesterday, but this weekend is tax free weekend, so I assume that means school clothes shopping so I think I will do that THEN get the OoT manga. XD Hopefully the tax free applies to Books A Million as well. :3c

Olli
August 16th, 2012, 09:44 PM
The only manga I've ever read through is DB/Z, since I've never really been that much into manga, so I'm probably not gonna get it. I tend to stay on the game side of the Zelda franchise too, since the Zelda cartoon really didn't appeal to me at all lol. Honestly, the only manga I ever knew about related to Zelda was the Minish Cap manga, though I guess there's much more to it than I thought.

droomph
August 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM
but the thought of toon link makes me join

Username: take a look up there hon
Favorite LoZ game: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Lessay courage cuz the other two are butt.

Dunno really. Maybe I'll get into it in the future but as of now I'm not gonna read anything really.

Kotowari
August 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry for my absense. I was on holiday and I've been playing Okami way too much since I'm back. |D I got the four swords pt1 manga from a friend, so that's on more manga I can scratch off my list. What amused me the most from that manga, are the expressions of the five Links (Green, Red, Vio, Blue and Shadow). They're quite hilarious from time to time. It's also the only (Akira Himekawa) manga where Link's dark counterpart gets a major role in the plot.

@Olli97: From what I get the Zelda cartoon wasn't very faithful to its source material, whereas the manga (at least by some authors) is a very good game adaptation. As mentioned earlier though, the pace is sometimes a bit too fast... But that's what you get when the majority of the actual dungeon and overworld exploring/backtracking/etc (which slows down the games) is not included because it's hard to turn into a story that stays entertaining.

Pokemon Trainer UV
August 23rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Username: UV or Violencia, I guess.
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask! I personally think it's better than Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: POWAAAH

<Challenger>
August 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Username: heretostay123
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time. Duhh.
Triforce Section: Courage. The hero has arrived. (Me)

dcjboi
August 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM
Username: Dcjboi
Favorite LoZ game: Between Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.
What is your favorite character, and why? Kid Link because my favorite games feature him.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina for sure but I also enjoyed the wolf howling and the instruments of the sages in Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? Kid Link. Tetra Zelda because she is the most helpful and the most interesting one to me.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? Easiest boss was probably the first in Oot. The hardest would probably be the one from the shadow temple in Oot.

Baloth
August 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I have been a fan of the series since I played it on my sister's NES. Lub <3

Kotowari
August 27th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Please fill in the form if you're planning on joining, Baloth. : >
For the others, be welcome in this Legend of Zelda fanclub~

I agree with Gohma being the easiest Zelda boss. The first time playing OoT she's a bit of a challenge as you still need to get used to controls. Yes, I GO'd in the Deku Tree on my first and second play-through. But every other time, she's very, very, very easy. Other first bosses tend to give me a (small) challenge during every playthrough (like Dia Baba and the WW's first boss). But Gohma only takes 5 minutes or something.

Pokemon Trainer UV
August 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM
@Kotowari
Gohma is definitely one of the easiest bosses of all. I don't think she even takes 5 minutes. I'd give her 3 minutes at the most.

@Olli97 I say that you should stick to the games, I've read most of the Zelda mangas, and personally, I think that they cut out the best parts of the games. A good example of that would be the Majora's Mask manga. They cut off the Stone Tower Temple, the Ikana Castle, and Captain Keeta, and those were definitely the best and most mysterious parts of the game!
As for the cartoon, uh.. yeah, I'd stay away to that too.

@Everyone
Sssoo.. CD-I Zelda, anyone? :P

Sydian
August 28th, 2012, 07:02 PM
You can kill Gohma quicker in OoT with Deku sticks. :D And @ CD-i comment...OH BOY! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos! Squadillah!

Kotowari
September 10th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Really now? |D; I should try that at some point, but first Skyward Sword Hero Mode. Talking about Skyward Sword, anyone laughed in the Sand Ship when Fi said "to take the necessary preperations" before battling Tentalus?

There was nothing to prepare. BT
All that was left was 2 square meters of wood, without a bird statue and without any healing methods. |D;
I also thought it was quite funny when she said "I suggest looking for a flame" in Eldin Volcano's hottest part.

Altairis
September 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Fiiii <3 I thought she was alright at first but then towards the end I really started to like her! I finally finished Skyward Sword a while ago with a time of 52:52, thought that was pretty cool!

Guys this can't die ;; idk a new topic didn't seem to help last time but..
For the next Zelda installment, do you think it will be a remake (of which game for what platform?) or a completely new game (for which platform? What do you think they will include?)

I think that they miight make a remake for the 3DS, then a new game for the Wii U. I'm really not sure. It would be cool to see a came that was previously 2D come to life in a 3DS game such as A Link to the Past or any of the other Zelda games. I have no idea what they would include for a new game, haha!

Psystar63
September 16th, 2012, 11:06 PM
A LOZ fanclub? I AM SO IN!!! Please let me join ^-^

Username: Psystar63, or Star...
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's mask, then Twilight Princess. What I liked about the most in those two games was the form changing. But I like Majora's Mask more because...well... as many have pointed out, it's pretty much the black sheep of the Zelda franchise. Plus I also like hearing all the weird theories about it (makes it even more creepier to think that that CREEPY Happy Mask Salesman guy is haunting me...o_O)
And Fierce Deity/OniLink rocks my world! :P :D
Triforce Section: Wisdom. It seems to fit me better than Power or Courage.

I think there'll be another remake on the 3DS. Personally, if they do a remake, I really hope they do Majora's Mask. Sure, it's my favourite game, but I really want to see how they would remake it. And I also want to see FD Link in 3D!!
But to have the Happy Mask Salesman in 3D as well??? ....OoO. *shudder*
BEN DROWNED IN 3D!

Kotowari
October 1st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:
What's your favourite area in the Legend of Zelda games?
Reason? music, lay-out, characters, quests?
+post a picture of the area for effect.
you can post your favourite areas of more than one game. : >

Psystar63
October 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the club, Psystar63!

I think there are rumors that Nintendo's planning a remake of either aLttP or Majora's mask, and apparently they let the fans choose. I'm not sure about every detail, but that's what I heard. I also heard they are working an completely new Zelda, which would take less development time than Skyward Sword.
So, the order is most likely "3D remake", "completely new game".

I have a question a well:

Thanks Kotowari! I've heard a similar rumour like that. Have you seen the (supposed) E3 trailer for Majora's Mask on the Wii U. Personally, I'd prefer they remake Majora's Mask on the 3DS. If they do let the fans choose, then they should also let the fans choose what system the remake should be on. They usually come out with a new Zelda game every 3 or 4 years, so yeah, "remake first" and then "new game".

As for your topic. My favourite area would have to be Lake Hylia. The music there is just so lovely (especially in TP). And the view is just beautiful, especially from above:

http://www.jaytheham.com/w/images/3/3d/OcarinaOfTimeHydrophobia.jpg

Plus, have you seen what Lake Hylia looks like underneath? :D

http://www.jaytheham.com/w/images/1/1b/OcarinaOfTimeUndergroundLink2.jpg

My other favourite would have to be Hyrule field. When you first see it in Ocarina of Time, you're just overwhelmed by how vast it is. Nothing beats spending hours wandering around the field, just exploring everywhere you can. Plus the music there is great. It really puts you in the mood to explore!

http://www.jaytheham.com/w/images/e/ed/OcarinaOfTimeUnderZorasIceHighHorse.jpg http://www.jaytheham.com/w/images/c/cc/OcarinaOfTimePoeLink1.jpghttp://www.jaytheham.com/zcw/File:OcarinaOfTimePoeLink2.jpg http://www.jaytheham.com/w/images/5/5c/OcarinaOfTimeNoZTrigger.jpg

Of course it can get tiring exploring all of Hyrule Field without Epona...

Hamako-chan
October 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
Username: Hamako-chan
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time then Majora's Mask then Skyward Sword
What is your favorite character, and why? Link, because his the one running around saving the world from Ganon, Giant Laughing Moons and monsters!
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina of Time or Fairy Ocarina. They were in my first Legend of Zelda game I played which was 'Ocarina of Time'. I loved solving puzzles by just taking out your Ocarina and playing the correct song, when I get it right, I feel soooo smart xD (This was when I was 9-11 years old).
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Navi, most awesome 'LISTEN! LOOKOUT!'
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?Um.. Last Boss in Skyward Sword is probably the hardest for me (I didn't even beat him yet :( )

Kotowari
October 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spam the Skyward Strike when he raises his sword

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw), I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090803181936/zelda/images/c/c5/Snowpeak_Top.png

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

http://zelda.com/skywardsword/mobile/img/media/world-art/10_lanayru-desert.jpg
I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

7-Iz_O6351U
0LfAcKnDYWQ
weT8_6nqaCE

LividZephyr
October 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Totally joining this! :)

Username: LividZephyr
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time. Easily. Twilight Princess is probably next, then Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. Not too fond of Skyward Bored.
What is your favorite character, and why? Favorite characters are so hard to decide. I'd probably go with Midna overall. Or Tetra in Wind Waker.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games? The Ocarina of Time. It's nostalgic for me and what I grew up with. I wanted my own. A cousin of mine (RIP :'() showed me his actual ocarina and it was pretty neat.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.) Midna. She's hilarious and not at all annoying. She also has actual development and is pretty hardcore, too.
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda? To me, Link is always pretty much the same, but I like his design best in Twilight Princess. Zelda in TP easily has the best design, but Tetra in Wind Waker was just too awesome. Seriously, what a badass. What little I saw of Zelda in the first half of Skyward Bored was great. A lot of personality in that one. Too bad I found the game itself a chore.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? I haven't struggled with a Zelda boss in a long, long time. I always bring a fairy with me and one is enough. Gyorg in WW does cause a lot of damage if you let him get you, and some fights in TP can be easy to struggle with.

For my favorite bosses, it's a pretty common answer, but Goht and Stallord. So much fun. Both of 'em.

Psystar63
October 15th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome to the club Hamako-chan. : >
Strategy to beat Demise
Spam the Skyward Strike when he raises his sword

I'm playing the hero mode in Skyward Sword now... and for some reason I can't beat most bosses in one try. I have to try really hard and I GO quite soon. But on the second try, I beat them with ease, loosing barely any health at all. :V While doing the exact same thing as before.

If you mean this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw), I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. I have indeed seen the video before, when the poll was made to decide MM or aLttP. As far as I remember, this was a fanmade trailer. It would have been odd they could show this in the poll when there would already be a trailer, no?

Oh, lol, you and your glitch pictures. |D
But I agree, Lake Hylia and Hyrule field are amazing places. I loved riding Epona through Hyrule field in TP. The music that goes with it is just brillant.

My favourite places, however, differ a little.
For Twilight Princess it's Snowpeak Mountain
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090803181936/zelda/images/c/c5/Snowpeak_Top.png

Besides being a fan of anything mountainous (I love them |3), I think the atmosphere of Snowpeak has something magical. I love the music. It's seemingly so simple, yet it perfectly manages to capture the eery, desolate, cold feeling that radiates from the snow-covered slopes of Hyrule's northern mountain chain. And besides that, it still has an undertone of beauty.
Snowpeak Mountain also houses my favourite (TP) monsters: the White Wolfos. They're graceful and deadly. Playful and mysterious. I don't see them as real monsters, but mostly a pack trying to protect their habitat. I would have loved to see a minigame involving them. There aren't many minigames you can do as a Wolf, and a racing game against the Wolfos would have been perfect. During one of my play-throughs, I had some fun with two Wolfos who tend to get stuck against the wall (small glitch?) over and over again. They started to live a life of their own in my head.

Also, it holds my favourite Temple in TP. ;3

My second favourite area is the Lanayru province-to-be (let's call it that) in Skyward Sword. I don't like the Lanayru Mining Facility very much (the music drives me crazy XD; ) but I love the environment. I love the concept of the passing of time, the integration of past, present and future.

http://zelda.com/skywardsword/mobile/img/media/world-art/10_lanayru-desert.jpg
I love running around the desert trying to find new treasures. And I like the music as well. I think it catches teh mood of passing of time perfectly.

7-Iz_O6351U
0LfAcKnDYWQ
weT8_6nqaCE

Demise was pretty easy the first time I fought him, though I did have to use up a few potions. I completely forgot I had a shield and didn't shield bash his attacks back... :P
I haven't played through all of Hero mode yet. I accidently deleted my Hero mode save file, and so I had to start all over again.

Yeah, I know the trailer was fanmade, though you have to admit that for a moment you wish it weren't (but that could just be me really wanting a MM remake). I did find it odd that the fanmade trailer advertised the remake for Wii-U. Plus the graphics didn't really feel like Nintendo, you know what I mean?

Man I love those glitches :D
I do like Snowpeak in TP. I'm a fan of cold snowy places, and Snowpeak was just so beautiful. The view is just incredible when you stop and have a good look around, especially at the peak. The music was so soft and quiet, and it went well with the atmosphere.
Lanayru province was cool. I liked how much it changes from past to present, from being a lovely green area to a vast desert. I liked the Sand sea as well for the same reasons, plus that whole level had a real Wind Waker vibe to it.

If I may add to my answer- Another area that I love is The sky in SS. It's pretty much Hyrule Field in the sky, but I absolutely love it. The view is just spectacular, and the music works so well. It really captures the mood of flying through the vastness of the sky. Riding my Loftwing through the clouds is so much fun, travelling from island to island. And then jumping off and sky-diving... it's all just so amazing.
And trolling Groose in the Wing Ceremony is fun too! XD

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/gallery/albums/Zelda14/Wii_ZeldaSS_Screenshots/Wii_ZeldaSS_3_scrn06_E3.png

TRIFORCE89
November 12th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Username: TRIFORCE89
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask
Triforce Section: Wisdom and Courage?

So, this year I've been trying to (re)play through all the Zelda games. Been a slow process due to school and work and stuff. So far I've done: SS, OoT3DMQ, MM, TP, TWW, and PH. Working on ST right now.

ST is as slow as I remember :(

Fuyuki~
November 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Uh, guess I'll join. Why not?

Username: Fuyuki~
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask

Anyone else waiting for Sequelitis Zelda from Egoraptor? Anyone here know what I'm talking about? No? Okay. :(

If you want, you can look it up, if you like some in-depth gaming analysis of game sequels.

Limanya
November 13th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Username: Limanya
Favorite LoZ game: Ocarina of Time.
Triforce Section: Wisdom!!!

What is your favorite character, and why?: Saria probably. She's awesome.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: Sprit flute! :D
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Fi, even though i haven't played SS :B
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: Link...probably the OOT one. For Zelda i'd choose the Spirit Tracks version.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: I beat Morpha the first time without taking damage. Standing in the corner helps! Fraaz though is really really REALLY hard. AND HE'S ONLY THE SECOND BOSS!

IceFyr1928
November 20th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Username: IceFyr1928 (you may call me Ice...)
Favorite LoZ game: MAJORA'S MASK!!! Followed extremely closely by Twilight Princess.
Triforce Section: Wisdom, sir

Groose. Not only is he aloof, but he plays it quite hilariously. His hair style seals the deal. I mean, how much gel must that take?

While the harp is quite an interesting mechanism, my vote goes for the Zoran Guitar. I occasionally pull it out just to jam out on it.

Who is your favorite partner?
NO... Midna cuts it close, but still, they have yet to make a non-annoying partner.

Link? 8-bit style. Back when you had no clue what to do without a guide. Zelda? Skyward sword. Me gusta...

Horsehead. Hands down the hardest boss I've fought. (Haven't got much farther than death mountain on that game...) The easiest, and the most fun, however, was Volvagia. Were it possible, I'd fight him thrice over and then some.

Limanya
November 27th, 2012, 06:36 AM
oh my god I JUST GOT MAJORA'S MASK BRB PLAYING IT

IceFyr1928
November 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Oh yes, I did enjoy that game. I have collectors edition for GCube. LoZ, Adventure of Link, OoT and Majora's mask. Also have TP and SS for wii.

Limanya
November 29th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I only have a DS and 3DS.

I have tons of games though! I have, uhh....about every game except for WW, TP and SS.

I really really REALLY want a Wii so i can play SS -.-

IceFyr1928
November 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
It's alright... I liked it. They really do introduce some awesome mechanics to that game.

White Mage
November 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Username: Username: Ðelta

What is your favorite character, and why?: Either Tetra or Tingle. Probably Tetra, but Tingle is awesome in a bizarre way.
What is your favorite instrument used in the games?: The horse whistle grass in TP Probably the Wind Waker.
Who is your favorite partner? (Midna, Navi, etc.): Midna or The King of Red Lions
Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Zelda?: WW/PH/ST Link, Twilight Princess Zelda.
Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you?: Ganon and Gohma respectively, nothing special or different, unfortunately.

The only Zelda game I haven't played yet is Skyward Sword, although I've watched a good amount of the game on YouTube.

Kotowari
December 2nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Hohoh, thanks for keeping this club alive during my absense, new members. : > You're all very welcome~

You're also welcome to join into the conversation we had going on before regarding the following question:

IceFyr1928
December 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Favorite area? Hm... Most likely the Hidden Village in Twilight Princess.
http://zeldawiki.org/images/c/c5/Hidden_Village.jpg
Why? First off, the music is awesome. Makes it really feel like one of those old gunslinger movies. On top of that, you get to have fun finding every possible way to kill a Bokoblin. Personally, I would don the Zora Armor, burn my wooden shield, equip the Ordon Sword and run in attacking. Called myself the great Zora, an imitation of Zoro, for those that know who that is. The Cat minigame unlocked afterward is also fun, if not challenging.

Other than that, my only favorite places are the Pirate Hideout in Majora's Mask, and the Gerudu Fortress in Ocarina Of Time.
http://zeldawiki.org/images/0/09/Piratefortressinside.png
http://zeldawiki.org/images/a/a5/GerudoFortressMap.jpg
I love the stealth element introduced, although Gerudu Fort was much more difficult, as the guards didn't stay out. The Pirate hideout, however, was much more puzzle oriented. If they allowed you to, I would love to refight the Gerudu Fortres again and again. The music is fitting, but it could have been better, especially for the Pirate Hideout. It sounded a bit too much like a dungeon than anything.

(Pictures on the way)

Altairis
December 21st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hmmm mostly the music is what makes me love the places xD They're all great though.

I really like the Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess, not just because of the music, I just love how it's so big and expansive and it so easily connects all the places, they just did an excellent job with it.
http://zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/c/c5/South_Hyrule_Field.jpg/350px-South_Hyrule_Field.jpg

I also love the
Temple of Time in Twilight Princess. The entrance looks almost just like the Ocarina of Time entrance and the music is the same just ugh <3 I love how they did that, which the door leading to the past or something. The dungeon itself was cool too, TP dungeons were relatively on the easy side imo but I love how they included the use of the Dominion Rod, it wasn't really like anything we've done before.

I also love almost every part of TP it and SS were the best Zelda gamess imo <3

In OOT, I like the Kokiri Forest, mostly because of the music. In Wind Waker I love the sea itself, and Outset Island, and in Skyward Sword I love the Sky and idk everything Skyward Sword was amazing <3

Keiran
December 21st, 2012, 02:41 PM
For fans of LOZ and lovers of music a beautiful cover album of the Majora's Mask soundtrack was recently released;
http://www.terriblefate.com/

Gideon Jeremiah
December 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
Username: Gideon Jeremiah
Favorite LoZ game: Link to the Past

Vaati. He planned for something malicious, & nearly succeeded.

The Ocarina, absolutely the Ocarina.

Midna. She was simply fantastic!

MonoSpectator
December 22nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
Username: MonoSpectator
Favorite LoZ game: LoZ: Twilight Princess and LoZ: Ocarina of Time

My favorite character would probably be Zant or Skull Kid.
My favorite instrument used would have to be the Ocarina.
My favorite partner would have to be Midna :3 She's awesome.

As for the other two, I'm not really sure X3

Kotowari
December 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
For fans of LOZ and lovers of music a beautiful cover album of the Majora's Mask soundtrack was recently released;
http://www.terriblefate.com/

I love the music that person made for Majora's Mask. They really did a great job with the music, sound effects and website.

Welcome, new members!

IceFyr1928
December 29th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Finally... Majora's Mask is by far my favorite. I've looked, and there just isn't a great collection like this for free.

dcjboi
December 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I love the music that person made for Majora's Mask. They really did a great job with the music, sound effects and website.

Welcome, new members!

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H18-Ynp8Biw

LilJz
December 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Username: LilJz1234
Favorite LoZ game: WindWaker

What is your favorite character? Link obviously. Even tho he doesn't talk much in the games, he's just an ordinary boy who proves that he can beat even the most vile sorcerer if he has enough courage :D

What is your favorite instrument used in the games? Ocarina. The idea of it was pretty original

Who is your favorite partner? Midna, she was funny and she helped you along your quest

Who is your favorite incarnation of Link? Link I would say the one from Windwaker, he was just so cute and funny looking. As for Zelda, I would say the one in Twilight Princess.

Who was the hardest and easiest boss for you? The hardest was Ganon in Ocarina of Time and the easiest was Ganon in Windwaker.

Altairis
December 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?

Kotowari
December 30th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Just a personal thing but I feel like Majora's mask isn't treated with canonicity as it should. There's no evidence in the other games beyond the actual game Majora's Mask that it exists.

Also I was thinking the other day and got a massive headache as I feel lost on why Ganondorf is sometimes referred to as Ganon

I was also going to reference this. I felt that it was a good adaptation. Theophany made this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H18-Ynp8Biw

I'll give a listen to it later, but as to your question. This my explanation for the Ganondorf-Ganon question, which I picked up by reading several things.

Ganondorf is, as far as I'm concerned, the human being that we know as the King of the Gerudo.
Ganon, to me, is the twisted version who could not handle the power he was given by the Triforce of Power... and got changed into this giant boar. All the further reincarnations mention Ganon in the context of the beast (see Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess) and Ganondorf as the person (Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess Wind Waker).

http://i.imgur.com/ro98A.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fEBeKorOi5I/UHjWmTIJ6vI/AAAAAAAAU9E/Y6rZakdjPp4/s1600/twilight+princess+wii+Link+vs+ganondorf+final+sword+fight+gamecube.jpg

And about Majora's Mask's lack of references. My guess is as good as yours, but I'm inclined to link Majora's Magic to that of the Twilight Magic (compare to Midna's mask) (and because I can, Dark Link as well //Headcanon ahoy). This can explain why Hyrule itself has no references to Majora as it's magic was sent to the other world. And Termina is a mirror world of Hyrule... not Hyrule itself.

Hi, welcome new members!

I just got wii points for Christmas and I used them to buy Majora's Mask, I really must be bad at this game because I have no idea what I'm doing lmao. (about to go into Woodfall Temple). Do you have to rush through the temples in order to complete them before the night of the third day?

Best is if you play the reverse song of time to slow down time. This gives you plenty of time to finish each dungeon (and do the side quests as well.) You can use http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda06-majoras-mask-walkthrough.php as a walkthrough for the game, so that you don't miss anything. :3

Altairis
December 31st, 2012, 11:41 AM
Thank you Kotowari! I'll try the inverted song, though I want to try without a walkthrough first. ;3

I also believed that the Majora's Magic and the Twili's Magic were just opposites of each other. The Twili left behind the Twilight Mirror, and the Majoras left behind the mask. Though of course I haven't actually beaten the game so I don't know anything other than the basics about the mask.

U.Flame
January 1st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Speaking of Majora's Mask, I heard that the Stone Tower Temple music is a palindrome, it's mostly the same song when played backwards. Anyone tried this yet?

Also I finally got Twilight Princess working again! ...Yay... After playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for so long, it seems Twilight Princess Link runs too fast and careless. It's hard to get used to.

Kotowari
January 1st, 2013, 01:42 PM
No, I haven't. But it would work quite will with the flipped tower. :'D

If he's too fast and careless compared to Time, it fits his character quite well. I see him as more rash and untamed than Time was. He's more a cowboy than a forest boy. xD

Altairis
January 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
You mean harder to control? I think the opposite! Majora's Mask Link keeps autojumping off ledges and getting himself killed! Or maybe I'm just bad at this game?

There needs to be a new Zelda asap so that this club can become 10x more active n_n

Kotowari
January 5th, 2013, 01:45 AM
No, no, that's not what I meant. |D; I didn't mean the actual game controls, I'm meaning Link's character, his personality. Because, believe it or not, our silent protagonist has one. ;'3

U.Flame
January 5th, 2013, 10:19 PM
No, no, that's not what I meant. |D; I didn't mean the actual game controls, I'm meaning Link's character, his personality. Because, believe it or not, our silent protagonist has one. ;'3

I meant controls too. It's easier to judge distance and Link seems to grab ledges easier in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. In Twilight Princess, he seems to jump off edges more often when I don't want him to, and he never seems to grab ledges when he jumps. I guess it's due to being used to Nintendo 64 Zelda physics for so long.

Kotowari
January 6th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Twilight jumps of cliffs more often, yes. But I find it more "real" that you have to carefully approach the edge to "hang" from it, it's also the same with Sky's game. If you make wild movements, it's harder to catch the edge than just jump.

LilJz
January 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I liked Windwaker's controls and the camera angles too. Those were pretty good :)

IceFyr1928
January 6th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hm. I never really had issues with controls. And I've played almost all of the games.

dcjboi
January 6th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Onlything that bothers me is in ocarina of time (The orignal version) is the fact that you had to go into the menu and equip/unequip the iron boots. Never had any other problems in the entire series. Except for a part in wind waker and that was because I felt something wasn't explained properly.

Kotowari
January 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
My only problem was with Onox. I was playing linked games, so I would have loved to get to Ganon, but I just couldn't defeat him. /sob.

The GC version of OoT had the same go-to-menu-to-equip-anything annoyance. I'm glad they fixed that in Twilight Princess and made it an easy to access menu thing in Skyward Sword.

dcjboi
January 10th, 2013, 01:17 AM
I was young when I first played windwaker was I the only person who got stuck because...

Didn't know I was supposed to climb up the vines on the side of the Bombshop in Windfall

And because of this I didn't complete the game until a year after I picked it up as I refused to use a guide/walkthrough and I still feel the same way about all games

LilJz
January 10th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I actually got lost in the first dungeon when you lose your sword. So you have to go Splinter Cell across the dungeon. I had so much trouble on that part that I had to call my friend to help me :C

Kotowari
January 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Now that we're talking about "The Wind Waker", I'd like to say that Nintendo is going to release a full HD remake of said game on the WiiU this fall (as announced on Nintendo Direct of Jan 23rd).

Though they are working on a new Zelda game, they'd like to take this chance to bring out a Zelda-game in the time gap between Skyward Sword and Zelda WiiU.

What will you do with this game? Are you going to get it? Or leave it alone?

LilJz
January 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
If I had a Wii-U I would of definitely get it. Windwaker is my all time favorite LoZ game and it would be really cool to see it remastered in HD and being able to play it on my big LCD TV.

IceFyr1928
January 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
T_T What a time to be flat broke... All these amazing games...

LilJz
January 27th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Btw... Since Windwaker is getting a remake. Can anyone imagine how these guys will sound and look like in HD...?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m01uwiUvDw1r77pi9o1_500.jpg

IceFyr1928
January 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Oh, how enjoyable... not

Evil Stud Muffin
January 27th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Username:Elendil
Favorite LoZ game: Oracle of Ages/Season
Triforce Section: Power!
Yeah I can't wait for WW. Only Zelda I haven't played, and since its near impossible to find used gamecube games here, I'm really up for it.

LilJz
January 27th, 2013, 04:40 PM
So I saw this one the net. Can't tell if it's real or not. But if it's real, I definitely want this <3

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab310/LilJz1234/150887_544457005578850_1662967359_n_zps86057c7f.jpg

Evil Stud Muffin
January 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Fan-made from what I read on Zeldainformer. Pretty awesome, though, especially the 3DS. The Wii U one, not so much though.

LilJz
January 28th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Well that's a shame :C

I really love the purple color. It goes well imo ^^

pokemanmdj
January 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Username: pokemanmdj
Favorite LoZ game: Majora's Mask / Oracle of Ages-Seasons
Triforce Section: Courage, please? :3

Man, that MM stuff looks awesome. Nintendo, please. We need a remake.

The WW HD remake for the Wii-U looks pretty amazing, but honestly, I'd also love a remake for MM.

countryemo
February 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Username: countryemo

Hey everyone I recently recieved my limited edition copy of Hyrule Historia, still unopened. Should I keep it that way and also buy a regular copy? Or buy some book case? I really want to look at it.. >.<

Cid
February 17th, 2013, 06:17 AM
This is odd. Why am I not part of this club yet?

Username: Cid
Favorite LoZ game: A Link to the Past

I think you should just look at it to be honest, countryemo. Unless you're really rich and you'd like to preserve it as an unopened copy, in which case you can buy another one. If it were me though, I'd have read that already! I don't get those kinds of merchandise often, the last I've gotten was the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Ultimania, and despite how difficult it was procuring that, the merch probably pales in comparison to the content of the Hyrule Historia. Haha.

In other news, I'm really excited to see Wind Waker in the Wii U! Probably never gonna get the console unless they release a spectacular Smash Bros. sequel there, but yeah. I've never actually played Wind Waker, so that's one incentive to get the game if ever, I suppose. I wonder if they'll implement motion controls like Skyward Sword did.

Wandering~Leaf
February 17th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Username: Wandering~Leaf
Favorite LoZ Game: Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker. :3
Triforce Section: Wisdom (I'm not really powerful, wouldn't say I'm reallly brave, but I am smart, so. :P)

I guess it would be Skull Kid. I love his design with the Majora's Mask, and he just has an amazing story in general... well, even though I haven't played Majora's Mask, I still know a lot about it. XD
Instrument? I guess the good-old Ocarina. :P My second favorite would be the composer Link uses in WW, though.
Not too sure...I don't hate Navi, but I don't like her, either. I don't know enough about the other partners either, however, if it counts, then I guess the Red Lion King (I forget his name, that MIGHT be it.)
My favorite incarnations...hmm. For Link, it's gotta be SS. His design was really good, IMO, and he had more emotion in that installment. For Zelda? Most likely Twilight Princess, she looked pretty awesome in that one.
Can't really say, it's been a while since I've played any of the actual games. But I guess the easiest boss for me was the Helmaroc King in WW. All you gotta do is whack him with a hammer. :P

TRIFORCE89
March 5th, 2013, 06:20 AM
In other news, I'm really excited to see Wind Waker in the Wii U! Probably never gonna get the console unless they release a spectacular Smash Bros. sequel there, but yeah. I've never actually played Wind Waker, so that's one incentive to get the game if ever, I suppose. I wonder if they'll implement motion controls like Skyward Sword did.
I hope they add some cut content to the game. Because right now I'm not sold on the new look

IceFyr1928
March 5th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Welcome new members! Glad to see some new faces!

Caelus
March 6th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Legend of Zelda is probably my third favorite nintendo series next to Mario and Pokemon, so I would definitely like to join this club.

Username: Caelus
Favorite LoZ game: It's a tie between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess
Triforce Section: (Power, Wisdom, Courage, or none.) Power

Didn't realize they were making a remake to Wind Waker until I saw this thread. While I didn't enjoy it as much as others it's definitely a game worth playing and the remake could really help convince me to buy a Wii U one day.

Evil Stud Muffin
March 6th, 2013, 01:23 PM
It sure as hell did for me. I bought a Wii U literally days after, even if I was already sold by the prospect of Zelda in HD. But Windwaker this october, in glorious HD? Sold! Also I found a very hungry link...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/3d4cc6f2532ccc6d76b416b46e12e869/tumblr_mim1px0qkc1rj3m7po1_500.jpg

Xaldin
March 31st, 2013, 03:31 PM
This is my 2nd favorite series,next to PKMN,so I'll join up too!

Username:LiteSandwich

Favorite Game:Majora's Mask. I liked all the sidequests that game offered,the dark story,and all the masks!

Triforce Section:Power.

I wish I had money for the Wii U.I'm just playing the waiting game till the price drops,or I get the money for it. I never finished Wind Waker for 2 reasons. 1.I broke my copy of it for the gamecube. 2.I was 11 when I played Wind Waker,I got scared by the redeads in the Earth Temple :(

Yusshin
April 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Username: Yusshin
Favourite Legend of Zelda Game: Majora's Mask, followed by Twilight Princess (or, Ocarina of Time), WindWaker and finally, Skyward Sword. Minish Cap was fantastic, too, and is my favourite handheld LoZ game.
Triforce Section: Wisdom.

I am part of the Facebook "N> Majora's Mask for 3DS [Remake]" fanpage lol

I will purchase the Wii U to play the HD WindWaker after the price drops. I already have three copies of WindWaker and haven't finished Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess yet (I got stuck a few years ago and now I can't get unstuck because I don't know what I've done and what I still have left to do), so there's no rush.

Olli
April 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
I'd rather wait with buying the Wii U untill a Zelda game drops as well. I already missed out on all the DS Zelda games because I never got around to buying one, and just didn't see any point in it now, so not making the same mistake with the Wii U, however at the moment, the price is kinda out of reach. But I seriously don't want to miss out on any future Zelda titles that are gonna be on that console, and especially not if they're also gonna make a Zelda remake :p But I'm looking forward to see whatever pops up.

Kotowari
April 5th, 2013, 02:45 AM
I'm not planning on investing in a WiiU until a major (new) Zelda game comes out either. I'm currently fine with the consoles I have, specially since major games are coming out sooner (Fire Emblem: Awakening and Pokémon X/Y) to keep me busy until then.

I also would like to say that Europe is getting it's share of the Symphony of the Goddesses, but thanks to the deadline of my Master Thesis being the week after, I doubt I'll be able to go. I'm this close to beg NoE to add some more concerts the following week or over the summer. >3<

http://24.media.tumblr.com/44f01ed5db1537210cc7ba77658cef77/tumblr_mi7xvqY9Cz1rsko4ao1_1280.png

Somniac
April 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
So for my anniversary one of the things my partner gave me was the following:

http://i.imgur.com/ptMJLeV.jpg

Yup, tri-force necklace, along with a note saying; "You give me the power to love, the courage to face each new day and the wisdom to make my choices."

Guess I'll SU too :3

Username: Somniac
Favorite LoZ game: I'd have to say either 'Link's awakening' or 'Majora's Mask' Both hold a special place in my heart.
Triforce Section: I guess courage, I'm not that physically strong [underweight and 5'1 I can throw a punch like a baby kitten.] If I said wisdom then I'd feel like I'm being a bit full of myself. IDK.

Kotowari
April 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Welcome~

I'm sure that by now, everyone has already heard of it, but Nintendo announced Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons on the Virtual Console.
And what's more: their new 3DS Zelda Game:

A Link to the Past 2 (Title subject to change).

s9-tJzubF9Y

IceFyr1928
May 8th, 2013, 09:26 PM
KEEP THE THREAD ALIVE!!!

I know, why don't we talk about awesomely cool glitches we've found/performed!

lucariokul
January 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Username: lucariokul
Favourite LoZ game: Majora's Mask and Skyward Sword.
Triforce Section: Both Wisdom and Courage actually. Wisdom more.

Astinus
January 12th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Please don't post in threads that are over a month old. Double-check the date of the last post before adding your reply.

If you wish to talk about the Legend of Zelda, you can remake the club.