• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Conquest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bethanie

Sound Soldier
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    Sooo. Conquest is coming out tomorrow (North America. June 21st in Australia).
    Has anyone played it in Japanese? What's it like?
    Have you pre-ordered an English copy or are you going to pick it up at a game/electronics store?
    Discuss!
    No spoilers please!!

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • I've played the Japanese version, and it's really, really great. It's like a mix of FFTA and Disgaea.

Each Pokemon has 1 move, but I believe every Pokemon is in it. That was release, so none of those 4 unreleased Legendaries.

Each general can carry a certain amount of Pokemon. Varies by person. You can switch any time outside of battle. Each one also has their own ability aside from the Pokemon. For example, your main character (at least the male one) has an ability which causes his Pokemon to have +2 move when used. You can only use it once a match. When you general evolves, his/her ability evolves too.

Each general also has an element affinity, but I have no idea what it does as that part wasn't translated in the patch. It probably means "they're best with these types of Pokemon" or something.

Each Pokemon has their own ability as well. Some are more common, like Static and Poison Point, but others are unique. Take Jigglypuff for instance. Her ability makes it so any Pokemon within 2 tile range will be put to sleep at the beginning of your team's turn. It's random when it activates.

There's a ton more to explain, but it's easy once you start. I'm sure it'll be even better in English because I had to learn all of this looking at 100% Japanese at first >_>

There's no voice acting so there's NO reason not to get the English version, lol. I'll have it day 1 as well. It's a great game if you like SRPGs.

Rather than explaining random things:

If you have any questions, just ask me, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hey, feel free to repost all your opinions in the relevant thread in the right section. I feel bad locking a thread with a few good replies already, but I can't merge it directly into the thread so please so repost there :)

Anyway going to lock this since it doesn't belong here.

cdZ5Y.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back