• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: paypal question

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
  • If i use 20 dollars will it force me to pay 2 dollars a month or is that an option i can pick because i would rather not... i will end up spending 20 or 25 but please try and answer my question.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    There shouldn't be any monthly fee to use Paypal. In general, the seller or recipient of the payment pays 4% fees of the amount received, or the buyer sends the payment as a gift and pays the fees themselves/forgoes buyer purchase protection.

May I ask where you heard about this monthly fee?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    There shouldn't be any monthly fee to use Paypal. In general, the seller or recipient of the payment pays 4% fees of the amount received, or the buyer sends the payment as a gift and pays the fees themselves/forgoes buyer purchase protection.

May I ask where you heard about this monthly fee?

He's referring to the monthly recurring supportership for PC I believe, 1 dollar a month for Tier 4.

You have to sign up for that manually so if you just donate a bit now you won't be signed up for it. Although if you plan on donating anyway at some point you might be better off, because you'll have tier 4 perks while not having paid the 20 dollars for them until 20 months goes by, and then you can cancel the subscription and keep tier 4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012

He's referring to the monthly recurring supportership for PC I believe, 1 dollar a month for Tier 4.

You have to sign up for that manually so if you just donate a bit now you won't be signed up for it. Although if you plan on donating anyway at some point you might be better off, because you'll have tier 4 perks while not having paid the 20 dollars for them until 20 months goes by, and then you can cancel the subscription and keep tier 4.

I don't follow. Are you saying that one has to pay for "premium" customer support? That doesn't seem ethical for a financial institution to enforce such one-sided policies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I don't follow. Are you saying that one has to pay for "premium" customer support? That doesn't seem ethical for a financial institution to enforce such one-sided policies.

Uh, no.

You can donate to PC, and as a result you get perks. A bigger avatar, more profile customization, a blog, and various other little perks depending on what tier you have (how much you donate). You can just donate flat out to get the tier you want, or you can do a recurring supportership, which is a dollar a month and automatically puts you in tier 4 as long as you donate (tier 4 is equivalent to 20 bucks in donations).

Everyone gets the same support no matter what tier they are, just people that don't donate (or don't have supportership, since you can get it in ways other than donating yourself) don't have those side perks.

Back