• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I was meant to be a teen in the 80's!"

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    "I was meant to be a teen in the 80s!"

Quite simple, really. If you could live in any period of time in any country at whatever age you want yourself to be throughout history, when and where would you live? You could be a adult male in the times of Caesar, a screaming Duran Duran fanatic in the 80's, anything you want. What job would you have, providing you want one? Why would you want to live in this time?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm gonna go simple and say I'd go back to the 90s when I was a kid. There was just awesome television shows and music. I wouldn't have a job for obvious reasons. Everything was so much more simple back then..

But if I could, I'd just live in the future as the first female president of the United States.

Years
  • I want to live in future times. The ones where all the bad stuff like pollution, war, and 80s fashion revivals are gone for good.

I wouldn't want to live in the past with all its puritanical ways and lack of modern medicine.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd be an 80 year old chinese man in panties in the 60s because life would become so much more interesting for me that way.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • If I could I would go back to the late 80's, almost all my favorite albums were released that year. (Metallica "Master of Puppets", Megadeth "Peace Sells....but Who's Buying" Slayer "Reign in Blood") - I wish I could have lived the metal scene back then - if I did go back there I would miss Pokemon.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'd love to go back to the 90's, because the shows were great and the games were great back then. I'd actually like to go back to the very day I was born and see it for myself.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I think that if the future is a better place (more peaceful and what) that I would want to live there, simply because I would feel more comfortable in a life like that.

But then, if the world were a worse place, then I would be content to be from the same time I am now, or maybe earlier by a small amount. I'm far too used to the technology and luxury we have today to go back to a time before it existed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think I'd like to live in the '90s; they're the closest thing to the 2000's in the past. It's also a good way to relive the "retro" things.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Actually, being like 10-15 in the 1980's probably would have been the ideal decade to grow up in... the music was awesome, and back then they still had a handful of pretty nice cars. And there's simply no beating 80's fashion :)

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • You know i've always thought I should have been a kid growing up in the 80's and a teen in the 90's. I love the music from the 80's and 90's, plus I love the 16 bit gaming era more than anything we have now days. I would have had a computer back then and join the Sonic community earlier that's for sure if I was a teen in the 90's. Too bad we can't time travel. xD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Going back in time for the purposes of living there (as opposed to time-travel tourism, which I'd be very up for) has never appealed to me. As much as people might complain that they have it tough now, going back even 30 years wouldn't be great for your life expectancy or general state of well-being.

Having said that, if I had to pick one, I'd like to be in LA in the 70s - so much innovation was coming out of Hollywood at that time, and the stories about excess by everyone in the film industry are the stuff of legends! It'd be really interesting to see them for myself - maybe there'll be some exaggerations, but there'll be the opportunity to see some really famous people doing really dirty things. :P

In terms of occupation, probably something that would give me access to lots of these people but nothing too famous - can't be having none of that. Maybe a PA to a film executive or something? That sounds right up my alley.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I probably would have liked it better to be born a few years earlier, I don't like the current generation of pretty much everything.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • No, geez, definitely not. I like the era that I grew up in, and actually it would've been cool to have been born later too. Not any earlier though, the 80's, 70's and etc barely appeal to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I had the chance to go back in time, then I'd go back to the late 90's. In my opinion, everything (except technology) were better back then. Also, where I live, it was much easier to find new jobs.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I've always wanted to be born in mid 80s so I can live in the 90s a little more. So I would live in the mid 80s and grow up in the 90s.
    The 90s was such an awesome time and had the best shows and music, but I was too young to remember it all. I was only 7 when the decade ended so I only remember the last half of it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I wish I was in my 20s in the 90s.
    It's cool being a "90's kid", but now that I know how fun the 90s were, I wish I could have lived them knowing what was going on.

Years
  • I would live in the 90's, it had great music that still gets me going not to mention it marked the start of the Pokemon franchise!

I was born pretty early in the 90's (1992) so if I were to go back in time I'd love to see how technology was back then compared to what it evolved into now.

I knew I was born in the ideal era.

Back