• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Stadium Three

Years
  • I think the major con would be the target age range. I mean we all loved the mini games and kid friendly style of the N64 games, but I feel if they modeled a third game like that, it wouldn't be as successful.

That being said, they could add loads of features to a Stadium 3 that would make it awesome. Overall though, there's like zero chance they'll go through and make it.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Fans have been asking for a lot of things.
    True that. We seem to have an overabundance of people who seem to think that a game featuring every region would be a good idea too.

As far as a Pokemon Stadium 3 goes, I expressed my feeling with this in the previous thread. As much as I absolutely loved the first two games, I'd rather it was just left at that. The rental Pokemon were fun as a kid, but as you grow up you realise how truly unbearable they are to use as opposed to your own Pokemon. Creating 649 rentals would be completely pointless if you can just use your actual team.

I wouldn't mind seeing a different game that features mini games like the Stadium games had, though. They were great fun to play with groups of friends.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I think that Pokemon Battle Revolution was supposed to be a somewhat substitute for a stadium 3. Being able to battle your way through different areas was obviously supposed to mirror the gyms and such. Both had rental Pokemon, and both also allowed the use of your own Pokemon via transferring them.

Shadow9009 said:
    Not unless the fans ask for it...

They won't create a game at the snap of the fans fingers. If they did we'd probably have games that featured all the regions, XD GoD sequel, PMD 4, Ranger 4 etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As far as a Pokemon Stadium 3 goes, I expressed my feeling with this in the previous thread. As much as I absolutely loved the first two games, I'd rather it was just left at that. The rental Pokemon were fun as a kid, but as you grow up you realise how truly unbearable they are to use as opposed to your own Pokemon. Creating 649 rentals would be completely pointless if you can just use your actual team.

Although I agree about the rentals (level 100 Charizard with Growl...thanks, game), I also want to point out how it is easier to put your own Pokemon on the game now as opposed to back then. You had to have a GameBoy pak...thing...and I never got one. I was a kid, I didn't know what to look for, or even to ask for. When I did ask for one, I got a controller pak. ...I still don't even know what THAT does. Even with Colosseum and XD, which you could also upload your Pokemon to and even trade with, you had to have the GCN/GBA link cable. I was lucky to get that. But those are both accessories, and accessories for video games usually are only good for a specific one. The DS and 3DS are handheld consoles, so you'd have more reasons to have one of those, or both, as well as a Wii, so transferring would be much simpler, like in PBR (but ew at that).

As much as I'd love a Pokemon Stadium 3 though, I don't think it will happen. If you notice, some spin offs are lucky enough just to get a sequel, no matter how successful or how in demand they are. The buck always stops with spin off series, which is sad in the case of these older spin offs. They seem to be the most wanted now, especially Snap since it's just MADE for the 3DS. But I digress.

tl;dr Sound great, would love it, but it probably ain't gonna happen.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I don't think it would happen either, probably because PBR wasn't really successful or well-received by fans (from what I've seen). It would be really cool, though.

Back