• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings Pokecommunity!

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2015
    My name is Robbie. I'm 24 and from Southern California.I've recently just got back into playing Pokemon games. I haven't played since Gold/Silver but I decided to check out black/white on an emulator and I had so much fun that I went out and bought a DS and Pokemon White along with Heart Gold. I haven't played Heart Gold yet and am looking forward to it but White has been awesome and I even transferred my pokemon from my emulator game save onto my legit cartridge hah. Well, I'm here to fill my pokedex and I've already met some awesome people at the tradercorner irc channel, hope to meet the rest of you and be active in the forums. Thanks for reading!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Aren't you that one guy that lurks at the #pokemonclubs irc channel too? I've seen you on, but you rarely talk. xD, but it's amazing to see that you've created an intro thread! :D

I'm Meloetta/Cadance/JoeyLogano on there, but in the meantime I'm better known as Megan here on the forums. It is a pleasure to meet you, as well as meet a fellow SoCal resident like myself (I'm right by the border of Mexico, hence the location lol). As you mentioned that you've been in the Trade Corner, I hope you're getting the help you need to complete your Pokedex! A lot of members there are willing to help you out on that, as well as give you some awesome Pokemon. :D

I hope you stick around the #pokemonclubs irc channel! You can always ping me on there since I'm always on. You can always send me a message if you want to via PM. I hope you stick around! See ya <3

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Hey skar! I've seen you around the #pokemonclubs IRC channel as well! I knew when I clicked this welcome that I'd seen your name before lol. I'm ShiningRaichu in there, though you probably figured that out haha.

I definitely enjoyed HeartGold/SoulSilver way more than Black and White, but I'm huge into the nostalgia factor so that's probably why. Besides though, Johto is just objectively prettier so it made for a more pleasant experience.

ANYWAY (omg I left for an hour and a half to watch TV and totally forgot I was editting this lmao) welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy the forums as much as IRC and hopefully I'll see you around both :)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Heya, Robbie! The Pokemon games are definitely amazing, you made the right choice picking 'em up again. <3 B/W were really great imo, the animated sprites made everything feel much more alive. Get started on HeartGold as soon as you can, because it was really great and brought back so many memories. ;_; Though I do have some issues with it, like the PC and battle animations going too slow for me...

Anyway, stick around and more importantly, have fun! I'd love to use the Trade Corner to fill my pokedex as well, but sadly my WiFi connector died on me a few weeks ago. Glad you've been enjoying the Trade Corner and such so far~! n_n

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Like you, I got my Black and SoulSilver at the same time, and have yet to start SoulSilver. I get the feeling we'll be able to become trading partners on there, trading our version exclusives. Of note, I like trading Eggs of lower-level exclusives especially, so let's each try to catch females and we can breed those into Eggs to trade someday. :)

Of course, we can carry on that discussion elsewhere (like in PMs or VMs). In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how you got your Pokémon from a ROM save. You're giving me ideas with a HeartGold ROM now, or hacking the Black ROM...you shouldn't have done that. ;)

NEway, welcome to the forums; meet lots of new friends around here! :)

Cyclone

Years
  • My name is Robbie. I'm 24 and from Southern California.I've recently just got back into playing Pokemon games. I haven't played since Gold/Silver but I decided to check out black/white on an emulator and I had so much fun that I went out and bought a DS and Pokemon White along with Heart Gold. I haven't played Heart Gold yet and am looking forward to it but White has been awesome and I even transferred my pokemon from my emulator game save onto my legit cartridge hah. Well, I'm here to fill my pokedex and I've already met some awesome people at the tradercorner irc channel, hope to meet the rest of you and be active in the forums. Thanks for reading!

Hi Robbie, I am Hikari.

So, you got yourself HeartGold and White? They are both great games (I played SoulSilver and Black instead but it's the same thing) and wow you even learned how to transfer Pokemon from an emulator. That's so cool.

Are you excited for Black 2 & White 2? Oh god they're gonna be so awesome.

Anyways, since you love trading you should go to the Trade Corner for all your trading needs. The section's three guardians Twistedpuppy, Mac and TwilightBlade are there to answer all of your trading questions! And I wish you good luck in completing your Pokedex.

Remember to contact a moderator if you ever need help!

- Hikari10, ★ Everyday I'm derpin'... ★

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2015
    Aren't you that one guy that lurks at the #pokemonclubs irc channel too? I've seen you on, but you rarely talk. xD, but it's amazing to see that you've created an intro thread! :D

I'm Meloetta/Cadance/JoeyLogano on there, but in the meantime I'm better known as Megan here on the forums. It is a pleasure to meet you, as well as meet a fellow SoCal resident like myself (I'm right by the border of Mexico, hence the location lol). As you mentioned that you've been in the Trade Corner, I hope you're getting the help you need to complete your Pokedex! A lot of members there are willing to help you out on that, as well as give you some awesome Pokemon. :D

I hope you stick around the #pokemonclubs irc channel! You can always ping me on there since I'm always on. You can always send me a message if you want to via PM. I hope you stick around! See ya <3

Thank you Meganium90, the pleasure is all mine. And yes, that's me.
    So you're from San Diego as well? I was just visiting a friend
    in San Ysidro earlier, which is literally right next to the border.
    I love it here, perfect weather, beautiful people, lots of places to go and have fun, SoCal is awesome. And yes I've met some great people over at the Trade Corner and have traded quite a few pokemon already, I just needed to make a forum account, so here I am. See you around on irc and the forums!

Hey skar! I've seen you around the #pokemonclubs IRC channel as well! I knew when I clicked this welcome that I'd seen your name before lol. I'm ShiningRaichu in there, though you probably figured that out haha.

I definitely enjoyed HeartGold/SoulSilver way more than Black and White, but I'm huge into the nostalgia factor so that's probably why. Besides though, Johto is just objectively prettier so it made for a more pleasant experience.

ANYWAY (omg I left for an hour and a half to watch TV and totally forgot I was editting this lmao) welcome to PC! I hope you enjoy the forums as much as IRC and hopefully I'll see you around both :)

Yeah, I've definitely seen you around on IRC ShiningRaichu. I actually was originally looking for bulbapedias irc channel, but I saw that it was kind of dead so I checked out the rest of the channels on the network and saw some more active channels and that's how I stumbled upon PokeCommunity lol.

I'm sooo looking forward to playing Heart Gold, I know I'm late but oh well, better late than never hah. It'll bring back some good memories of playing the original Gold version, nostalgia ftw.
    Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll see you around PC.

Heya, Robbie! The Pokemon games are definitely amazing, you made the right choice picking 'em up again. <3 B/W were really great imo, the animated sprites made everything feel much more alive. Get started on HeartGold as soon as you can, because it was really great and brought back so many memories. ;_; Though I do have some issues with it, like the PC and battle animations going too slow for me...

Anyway, stick around and more importantly, have fun! I'd love to use the Trade Corner to fill my pokedex as well, but sadly my WiFi connector died on me a few weeks ago. Glad you've been enjoying the Trade Corner and such so far~! n_n

Hey Cirno, good to meet you!
    Yes, I love how the pokemon close their eyes when put to sleep. hahaha
    Black and White are awesome, no doubt. Looking forward to HeartGold as well, I've heard nothing but good things about it. I hope you get your WiFi connector fixed, that sucks. Thank you for the hospitality :)

Like you, I got my Black and SoulSilver at the same time, and have yet to start SoulSilver. I get the feeling we'll be able to become trading partners on there, trading our version exclusives. Of note, I like trading Eggs of lower-level exclusives especially, so let's each try to catch females and we can breed those into Eggs to trade someday. :)

Of course, we can carry on that discussion elsewhere (like in PMs or VMs). In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how you got your Pokémon from a ROM save. You're giving me ideas with a HeartGold ROM now, or hacking the Black ROM...you shouldn't have done that. ;)

NEway, welcome to the forums; meet lots of new friends around here! :)

Cyclone

It looks like I found my newest trading partner! I definitely need a few version-exclusive Pokemon and I'll be hitting you up. my nick on the irc channels is skar as well, you can private message me on there anytime, I'm always connected to the channels (although not always there). But yeah, let me know and we'll trade for sure. I used a program called PokeGen where you can open up your save file from your rom and extract .pkm files of each of your pokemon, then you open those .pkm files with another program called Shiny2 GTS, which is a fake GTS distributing server, that lets you send the .pkm file to your cartridge through DNS/GTS negotiations. It's pretty neat and I was so stoked when I finally got it to work hah. Hit me up on IRC and I'll let you know more about it. Peace!

Hi Robbie, I am Hikari.

So, you got yourself HeartGold and White? They are both great games (I played SoulSilver and Black instead but it's the same thing) and wow you even learned how to transfer Pokemon from an emulator. That's so cool.

Are you excited for Black 2 & White 2? Oh god they're gonna be so awesome.

Anyways, since you love trading you should go to the Trade Corner for all your trading needs. The section's three guardians Twistedpuppy, Mac and TwilightBlade are there to answer all of your trading questions! And I wish you good luck in completing your Pokedex.

Remember to contact a moderator if you ever need help!

- Hikari10, ★ Everyday I'm derpin'... ★

Thank you for the kind words Hikari10 and I am pretty excited for B&W2...I just finished the main story in White a few days ago actually, just in time for B&W2. Hope the sequels are just as good or even better. I've already met Blade and Mac on IRC, the tradercorner irc channel is pretty active and I like that! I'll let you know if I need any questions answered, thanks again.

Last edited:
    Back