• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"The back of yo head is ridiculous!"

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • "So LISTEN, umm, I was wonderin', can I have yo numba? Can I have yo numba?"

I'm sure a lot of us have been hit on by someone or someone has tried to flirt with us. It always ends up being awkward most of the time.

Which lead me to ask the question...

Have you ever been hit on by someone? How often does it happen? And when someone is hitting on you how do you handle it?

Go discuss!

Years
  • Yeah it's happened a few times at night clubs / bars or whatever. I just ignore / shrug it off, which you may or may not find surprising since I do have a tendency to flirt a fair amount online. I'M LOOKING AT YOU REQUILITY!

Years
  • Yeh, I have been hit on before, but I never really follow it through.
    If I wanted to find someone, I wouldn't do it in a club where I would have to shout over the music.

Saying that, I am happy how I am now! :3​

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Aside from joking between friends, no, I have never been hit on for real. Guess I'm not attractive enough. D;

But it's probably because of the environment I'm in at school. People at my school generally don't date others and are far less promiscuous, for a lack of a better term, seeing as it's an Islamic school and any relationships before marriage are frowned upon.

Years
  • I'm usually hanging around in a group of friends so I guess it might be a little more intimidating to like flirt with me. But there was this one guy in high school who did. He said like ridiculous stuff though, so it was kind of awkward. I mean I appreciate the attention, but I didn't really know how to respond, it was rather one-sided. So I declined when he asked me out, and he stopped altogether.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Yes I have and I'm always oblivious to it while it's happening. Apparently when I went shopping for clothes the most recent time, the lady was flirting with me and I was apparently flirting back. I didn't know either way until my friend came over laughing telling me. I was like, oh snap!!

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I've only started being hit on pretty recently, actually.. as in.. since I moved to the UK (so over the past 7/8 months.) I have been hit on more here than ever in my life : |

It's a little bit awkward, to be quite honest.. at Expo some guy's friend asked me for their number because he was apparently too shy. It took me like a moment to process what was going on because I had never had that before.

: | Sometimes I have work collegues hit on me.. even though they knew I was taken. And after many rejections some of them still didn't take the hint. Two of them tried to invite themselves over to my flat. >_> I was like.. woah.. damn. I have to be more careful. :/ It's actually a bit scary.

I do nothing to provoke this. Plain jeans and a shirt I wear. I am at work. Working. Or lunch will just be started and one of them will plop themselves down on the chair of the person that sits beside me while I am eating and on PC or something and be like "SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?"

>_> It is like argh.. "What am I doing? How about not seeing your face anywhere near me?" >__> No I don't really say that but I think it because.. some guys here are very persistent >___> It's annoying.

I've been hit on online a few times before : | I don't think it really counts as much unless they start to be creepy and harrassing >_> I've only had that once before.

: | Yeah.. but like.. before a year ago? PFFT. No one. >_> and if you are thinking it's because of puberty.. I am well past my puberty years.

I dunno.

Wow that was a rant. My bad.

TL;DR= Yes, but it makes me feel weird/ uncomfortable sometimes. I rather be the pursuer unless I know the person.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I had a short time when I first got to school as a freshman (4-6 months) where it was like tons of guys that were into me and it was really disconcerting because it's not normal. Every once in a while I have someone flirt with me but it's not common nowadays. Maybe it's because I talk about my boyfriend all the time...XD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Does having a girl outright ask me how long my todger is count as being hit on?

Whenever I'm being flirted with I'm usually oblivious to it, but I can only remember one time in particular when I knew someone was being flirtatious.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Yesssss, it happens SO much at work since I'm a hostess and my hostess stand is right next to the bar at the restaurant, so I get a lot of drunk guys asking me out and to buy me drinks. Luckily, my boyfriend meets me after work so they tend to leave me alone when he gets there.

P.S: Don't be insecure girl, own that ponytail, WORK THAT UPDO!!!!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Does having a girl outright ask me how long my todger is count as being hit on?

Whenever I'm being flirted with I'm usually oblivious to it, but I can only remember one time in particular when I knew someone was being flirtatious.

Yes I would consider that being hit on. My dad has gay guys hit on him all the time and that's the first thing they say apparently lol.

To answer my own question, I've been hit on only twice. Both times by the same girls but on different days I think. The first time I was walking home from school and decided to take a different route. They came up to me and one asked if I wanted to get i bed with her. I just ignored them and walked a bit faster as she yelled "You're cute! Come back sexy!"

But besides those two times, I don't really get hit on. I had longer hair back then so that probably explains it. I lot of girls probably thought I was cuter with long hair than short hair. Also cause I don't go out as much too probably.
    Whenever it happens again, I'll probably react the same way and ignore it unless I'm actually interested in the person.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • Ugh, happens to me a lot. Every day, just about, and I barely ever leave the house so most of it is online. And when I'm out I get hit on by even more people. I must have this "I'm obviously single and looking, please flirt with me kthx" sign on my back that only others can see. And my FB "in a relationship" status must be invisible to the male sex.

I'm not even that attractive by any standards (and I've gotten basically hideous over the years I've been sick). So I don't know why I get so much attention. It's always been that way for as long as I can remember, dating even back to people swarming me on the playground in grade school. BAFFLING

I find it highly annoying. Mainly because I'm usually taken and the guys (and some girls) that flirt with me do it even in front of the guys I'm with at the time which has even lead to violent confrontations in the past (and my boyfriend then being suspended from school at one point XD ). Like there's 0 boundaries. ._.; It doesn't help that I only like very specific guys and my "tastes" (in personality mainly, but also in looks) are so out of the ordinary (miles out of the ordinary people tell me.......) that I can't possibly find even a hundredth of the flirting guys/girls attractive in the least.

Also most of my pursuers are Brits. I must be a Brit magnet. <_< Which is sad, seeing as I can't stand the way they talk most of them. XD;;;;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Also most of my pursuers are Brits. I must be a Brit magnet. <_< Which is sad, seeing as I can't stand the way they talk most of them. XD;;;;

Dunno if you just read my post but.. >_> WTF IS IT HONESTLY? : | I've only ever had britmen hit on me.. but I like the way they talk (unless they are from London and they speak "aww drawlay"..)

: | Though instead of like you with the whole thing leading to violent confrontations, I rather not have that. I really dont like violence unless it's absolutely necessary cause it freaks me out (you never know who could be hiding a knife and stuff like that.)

Subtle intimidation is the way to go IMO.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Never really seriously, although there was this one time. It turned into something real bad, given the girl was a complete stalker. It ended up with me severing all connections with her.

Years
  • I can't say I've ever been flirted with irl. I'd probably have a better chance of someone flirting with me if I was at all social but even then I'd doubt it would happen.
    I've had one or two people flirt with me online, first time around I was completely oblivious to it and I had to get the person to spell it out to me that they liked me. It was extremely awkward. The other time I can think of was I knew it was going on, but what else could I think was going on when someone was basically telling me straight up that he was sexually aroused by me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I actually don't get out enough to be hit on lol. There is only one instance I can recall it happening.

I was at work, it was ten minutes to close, and this disgusting middle-aged woman came in, drunk out of her mind and looking for more alcohol. She had a sober friend with her and was eyeing me up and down, saying loudly to her friend "look at him! Look at him!" I was just standing there uncomfortably, trying to serve the sober friend. Then the following happened:

Drunk Lady: What are you doing tonight?
    Me: Uhh... working.
    Drunk Lady: When do you get off?
    Me: Ten minutes (dumb thing to say, I know)
    Drunk Lady: Wanna come round for a drink after work?
    Me: Thanks, I don't drink though.
    Drunk Lady: That's alright, just come round for a bit.
    Me: Uhh.. I'm fine thanks. You have a good night, though!

So yeah, I'm pretty uncomfortable being hit on I guess. That was a weird occasion though, if a guy had hit on me (and had been sober), it might have been a different story XD

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
    Years
  • some people have tried to flirt with me before but they seem to want the physical affection and not a proper relationship (physical contact is part of a relationship but its not everything ) but when i ignore or pretend nothing has happened i can se in their eyes that they are either offended or sad and it makes me feel like a horrible person :(
    and what i want in a "partner" is the personality not the appearance but i have never been in a relationship because all those who i have ever been attracted to where close friends of mine and I'm too much of a cowered and i have an eternal fear of the friend zone :(

i like cinnamon :)
    that always cheers me up XD

Back