• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Top 2 pokemon from each gen.

Sirfetch’d

Just trying to get a few different views on each generations top pokemon. You can list them with a reason. I just really want to see if a lot of lists are similar.
    Mine:
    Gen 1: Starmie- Super fast and very versitile.
    Blastoise- My first pokemon.
    Gen 2: Heracross- Very strong and a reliable in game pokemon.
    Raikou- The overlooked legendary dog but the fastest.
    Gen 3: Breloom- Does Breloom really need an explanation?
    Castform- Can be a really reliable in game pokemon that has great coverage and a decent Sp. Atk.
    Gen 4: Yanmega- I was already a fan of yanma and to evole him even better!
    Heatran- Last gen 4 pokemon I found and I guess I saved the best for last!
    Gen 5: Jellicent- My username says it all!
    Scolipede- Finally the early three stage bugs are actually put to good use.

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • I remember seeing a thread where you pick one from every gen instead of two, but I'm not sure if it's still active or if it actually even exists lol so I'll answer this one.

Kanto: TOUGH BEANS Nidoking/Nidoqueen (I'm counting them as one OH WELL) and... Aerodactyl? Hard to not pick Eevee and his evos... but the Nidos look like they could beat anything to a pulp that annoyed them and Aero is the best fossil ever IMO.

Johto: Again, TOUGH BEANS. Uh... uhm... Tyranitar and Entei, I guess? Tyranitar I've loved since I first saw it, it's a dinosaur! Self-explanatory. Entei is a Guardian Lion and looks the best of the 3 wildcats IMO

Hoenn: INCREDIBLY TOUGH BEANS considering it's my favorite gen... Delcatty and Absol maybe? You probably all know my fervent adoration for Delcatty by now lol. Absol was tied for my favorite until Del surpassed it, but it still rocks. It's like a skinny lion/wolf/mythological thing with a scythe sticking out of its head.

Sinnoh: Eh. Luxyray and Lopunny. Although overdone, an electric lion is cool. Also Shinx is based off of Kimba which is RAD. Lopunny is just cute and cool at the same time.

Unova: Hard choice... uh... Sawsbuck and Mandibuzz. Sawsbuck is a deer, I love love love deer. Plus its Winter Forme kicks rump. Mandibuzz is ugly in a devastatingly awesome kind of way.

EDITED to fit within rules, gave reasons

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Kanto: Blastoise, pure awesomeness and Dragonite, a cute strong dragon type, absolutely awesome.
    Johto: Chikorita Line My favourite starters! Tyranitar So cool, and strong!
    Hoenn: Blaziken Such a cool pokemon, helped me through a lot. Rayq uaza My favourite legendary.
    Sinnoh: Luxray Coolas! Just Awesome! Palkia Another Awesome legendary.
    Unova Haxorus One of my favourite dragon types. Jellicent Such a great tank, helped me a lot :)

Just my 2 cents.

Years
  • Agreed on Nidoqueen Snowdrop, she's a beast :D

Gen 1: Ninetales (I have incredible bias towards it lol) and Venomoth (I feel it's an underrated bug, it has strong moves and you can use it in a technical way as well).

Gen 2: Umbreon and Houndoom (just going from experience on how useful they were)

Gen 3: Swellow and Manectric hands down, they're my favourites of their respective types for good reason haha :)

Gen 4: Honchkrow (such a beast) and Mothim (what can I say, I dig moth pokémon lol)

Gen 5: I've only just started my game so I can't fairly comment on this one yet :)

This was so hard lol, I left out starters and legendaries to try and narrow it down lol :)

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Gen 1: Charmander because it's cute and Dragonite because it's cute and STRONG.
    Gen 2: Pichu, because it's cute, and Blissey, because it's pretty and has lots of HP.
    Gen 3: GROVYLE AND SCEPTILE THERE IS NO NEED OF AN EXPLANATION OF WHY
    Gen 4: Turtwig, because ever since I saw the picture of Sadtwig...and Snivy, because it keeps its cool lol
    Gen 5: Oshawott (duh) and Axew, because they're cute :3

Sirfetch’d

Gen 1: Charmander because it's cute and Dragonite because it's cute and STRONG.
    Gen 2: Pichu, because it's cute, and Blissey, because it's pretty and has lots of HP.
    Gen 3: GROVYLE AND SCEPTILE THERE IS NO NEED OF AN EXPLANATION OF WHY
    Gen 4: Turtwig, because ever since I saw the picture of Sadtwig...and Snivy, because it keeps its cool lol
    Gen 5: Oshawott (duh) and Axew, because they're cute :3

I think your list is good however, snivy is gen 5.

Sirfetch’d

whoops, in a rush. I meant to say Pachirisu but got a little confuzzled with everything going on.

(Pachirisu, because it's just my type of energetic little squirrel!)

PAchirisu is my favorite electric pikachu like pokemon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm moving this to Pokemon Voting Polls, but keep in mind you cannot just list them. That's against the rules. Give reasons.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    This is really hard, because I like many Pokemon from each generation.
    1:
    Ninetales. My first "favorite."
    Raichu. I always liked it better than Pikachu, and I never understood why people wouldn't evolve their Pikachus.
    2:
    Azumarill. It wasn't really of any use until Generation 3, but I always liked it's design.
    Noctowl. I'm pretty sure it's our only owl based Pokemon, and I love owls. I hope someday Noctowl will get an evolution.
    3:
    Absol. Absol was one of the only Pokemon I really like from this generation. I like it's design and it helped me a lot in the Hoenn E4.
    Altaria. What a unique little dragon. I actually didn't really realize Altaria was a dragon until Generation 4. Anyhow, it's moderately powerful and it has a nice design.
    4:
    Skuntank. I really like skunks. At first I wasn't too big on it's design, but it grew on my after seeing it in D/P. Now it's one of my favorites.
    Lopunny. There were tons of cuties in D/P, in my opinion. But Lopunny isn't only cute- it has quite an interesting movepool and can learn many TMs. I found that to be very great in-game.
    5:
    Cinccino. I think this little guy is a hidden gem, and it's overlooked a bit. It has an ability that makes it's signature move worthwhile. And it has satisfactory stats, with a good Attack. It's pretty cute, too.
    Sawsbuck. Gen 5 had many nice grass types, in my opinion. However, Sawsbuck is very unique and it has an interesting move, Horn Leech. With the right moveset, Sawsbuck does great competitively and in-game. I almost always use it on my White teams, now.

EDIT: I'm changing my Gen 4 opinion on Lopunny. Glaceon is better. It is my favorite eeveelution and favorite ice type. It doesn't have a great movepool, but with it's ability and Sp. Attack, it's very usable and almost better than some of the other top-notch ice types. It also has a satisfactory design.

Just trying to get a few different views on each generations top pokemon. You can list them with a reason or just name them. I just really want to see if a lot of lists are similar.
    Mine:
    Gen 1: Starmie- Super fast and very versitile.
    Blastoise- My first pokemon.
    Gen 2: Heracross- Very strong and a reliable in game pokemon.
    Raikou- The overlooked legendary dog but the fastest.
    Gen 3: Breloom- Does Breloom really need an explanation?
    Castform- Can be a really reliable in game pokemon that has great coverage and a decent Sp. Atk.
    Gen 4: Yanmega- I was already a fan of yanma and to evole him even better!
    Heatran- Last gen 4 pokemon I found and I guess I saved the best for last!
    Gen 5: Jellicent- My username says it all!
    Scolipede- Finally the early three stage bugs are actually put to good use.
    I've never really looked much into Breloom. Could you explain to me why you like it? I think it looks okay, but doesn't it have average stats and many weaknesses?

Last edited:

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
    Years
  • Gen 1:
    Mew- One of my first favorite pokemon. Even though its concept is kinda disturbing.
    Beedrill- I just like it...
    Gen 2:
    Chinchou- Very adorable (as well as its evolution) Nice type combo and ability.
    Hitmontop- Lots of priority moves + Technician = Big trouble arrived. (Nice design btw)
    Gen 3:
    Beautifly: Both cute and creepy (Read its pokedex entries)
    Altaria: Just... beautiful and kinda good type combo.
    Gen 4:
    Roserade: Nothing more elegant than a rose that poisons...
    Magnezone: It is very useful in-game as I quickly learned in B2W2.
    Gen 5:
    Victini: My new favorite legendary. Adorable and weird typing, but still good.
    Golurk: A flying statue. That has Iron Fist as one of its abilities.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Gen 1 -
    and
    Charizard is probably one of strongest starters that ever lived and I'm sure many other people will aggree with me. Dragonite is very strong dragon pokemon that could beat anyone unless faced against ice type.
    Gen 2 -
    and
    Typlosion is starter I always chose in 2nd generation games and it can be quite strong. Tyranitar as any rock type monster is very strong, but it's Dark part makes it even more strong.
    Gen 3 -
    and
    Aggron is defensive tank against almost any pokemon and it is quite hard to beat due all the resistances. Salamence is basically same case as Dragonite.
    Gen 4 -
    and
    Garchomp is probably most powerful pokemon I ever owned. It beats almost anything. Gallade is master of attack and if it hits then usually it's K.O.
    Gen 5 -
    and
    Zoruark is the funnest pokemon of all, it can transform into anything just like ditto and yet it doesn't look like a chewing gum. Haxorus yet another strong dragon pokemon which beats everyone in it's path.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Gen I: Blastoise and Jolteon. Blastoise has those huge cannons on its back and Jolteon is fast and strong.

Gen II: Feraligatr and Tyranitar. I used Feraligatr in HG and liked it; Tyranitar has good stats and an equally good move pool.

Gen III: Swampert and Salamence. Same reasons as Feraligatr and Tyranitar.

Gen IV: Gallade and Lucario. Both have good stats and movepools.

Gen V: Excadrill and Samurott. Sand Rush Excadrill is fast and strong, while Samurott is just plain cool in general, probably because it keeps its swords in its forelegs.

Sirfetch’d

This is really hard, because I like many Pokemon from each generation.
    1:
    Ninetales. My first "favorite."
    Raichu. I always liked it better than Pikachu, and I never understood why people wouldn't evolve their Pikachus.
    2:
    Azumarill. It wasn't really of any use until Generation 3, but I always liked it's design.
    Noctowl. I'm pretty sure it's our only owl based Pokemon, and I love owls. I hope someday Noctowl will get an evolution.
    3:
    Absol. Absol was one of the only Pokemon I really like from this generation. I like it's design and it helped me a lot in the Hoenn E4.
    Altaria. What a unique little dragon. I actually didn't really realize Altaria was a dragon until Generation 4. Anyhow, it's moderately powerful and it has a nice design.
    4:
    Skuntank. I really like skunks. At first I wasn't too big on it's design, but it grew on my after seeing it in D/P. Now it's one of my favorites.
    Lopunny. There were tons of cuties in D/P, in my opinion. But Lopunny isn't only cute- it has quite an interesting movepool and can learn many TMs. I found that to be very great in-game.
    5:
    Cinccino. I think this little guy is a hidden gem, and it's overlooked a bit. It has an ability that makes it's signature move worthwhile. And it has satisfactory stats, with a good Attack. It's pretty cute, too.
    Sawsbuck. Gen 5 had many nice grass types, in my opinion. However, Sawsbuck is very unique and it has an interesting move, Horn Leech. With the right moveset, Sawsbuck does great competitively and in-game. I almost always use it on my White teams, now.

EDIT: I'm changing my Gen 4 opinion on Lopunny. Glaceon is better. It is my favorite eeveelution and favorite ice type. It doesn't have a great movepool, but with it's ability and Sp. Attack, it's very usable and almost better than some of the other top-notch ice types. It also has a satisfactory design.

I've never really looked much into Breloom. Could you explain to me why you like it? I think it looks okay, but doesn't it have average stats and many weaknesses?

Breloom does have average stats except its attack stat. Its attack can max out at 394 combine this with its new technician ability with mach punch and bullet seed it can reek havoc on any team. That said it takes devotion to train because it takes 1,640,000 exp. to reach lv. 100.

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Gen 1: Vaporeon - My favorite pokemon and very useful in my opinion
    Venusaur - My favorite starter

Gen 2: Noctowl - It's an owl.
    Furret - Can learn lots of TMs

Gen 3: Its a tie between three. Wailord, Aggron, and Gardevoir.
    Wailord because its a tank
    Aggron because its also a tank and very powerful
    Gardevoir because it has great Special Attack

Gen 4: Torterra - Second favorite starter
    Floatzel - Great attack

Gen 5: Samurott - Favorite starter of this region and its a Samurai
    Scrafty - My second favorite pokemon ever and was very helpful in my first run

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Gen 1: Mewtwo and Dragonite
    Gen 2: Espeon and Umbreon
    Gen 3: Rayquaza and Flygon
    Gen 4: Lucario and Arceus
    Gen 5: Volcarona and Reshiram

I mostly have one favorite Pokémon from the generation and one legend.

Perico

Ripper
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2022
    Interesting topic.

Gen I: Blastoise and Arcanine.
    Spoiler:

Gen II: Scizor and Celebi
    Spoiler:

Gen III: Whiscash and Walrein
    Spoiler:

Gen IV: Lucario and Rhyperior
    Spoiler:

Gen V: Zoroark and Reshiram
    Spoiler:

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Gen I: Mewtwo and Charizard. Mewtwo is a very strong Pokemon, and it's Movepool is WIN. Charizard because it has a good moveset, and it could learn Fissure in R/B/G/Y.

Gen II: Umbreon and Typhlosion. Umbreon, is like the coolest Pokemon ever. Typhlosion does Elemental punches which PWNs any type of Pokemon.

Gen III: Rayquaza and Salamence. Rayquaza is really strong, and it's design is like a snake. Salamence because it has an excellent movepool, just like Dragonite.

Gen IV: Dialga and Luxray. Dialga is cool and powerful. Luxray, has great movepool.

Gen V: Serperior and Hydregon. Serperior is a very nice snake, unfortunately it wasn't Fire Type. Hydregon, well, no other good Pokemon.

Years
  • Generation 1 -
    Growlithe - Don't know why I love it so much but I do.
    Machamp- In Pokemon Silver it beat the Champions (Lance) last 3 Pokemon while being my last one. So i have had great respect for it ever since.

Generation 2 -
    Umbreon - It is just pure awesomeness
    Lanturn - Water and Electric, What is not to like?

Generation 3 -
    Slaking - I was surprised at the power it had because it was weak as a Slakoth
    Walrein - Like with Growlithe I just really like it for no reason.

Generation 4 -
    Luxray - the design of it is really good, and it can be quite strong.
    Munchlax - I have always liked Snorlax so this was quite nice too have.

Generation 5 -
    Gigalith - Roggenrola was the first Pokemon I 'Caught' in Pokemon white.
    Braviary - Much like with Machamp it Pretty much won the league for me.

Years
  • 1st gen
    Charizard : my first and favorite pokemon.
    Blastoise : don't know why i like it.
    2nd gen
    Lugia : he's just awesome.
    Ursaring : i just like it.
    3rd gen
    Sceptile : it's so fast and cool.
    Metagross : it have Good attack and cool moves.
    4th gen
    Electivire : it have good moves and it looks cool.
    Drapion : i only like this poison type pokemon.
    5 gen
    Hydregon : i just love this one.
    Zekrom : it's just cool :|

Back