• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Kid

Years
  • Hey my name is Adam I'm not entirelty new to this site, but I decided I should sign up in order to be a part of the community. I am an artist of sorts, I design environments and draw creatures of all sorts. I would really like to learn some more about rom hacking so I can bring to life a few of my creations. Just thought I'd give the introduction thread a shot, and maybe make a few friends.

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
    Years
  • Well hello there...and welcome to the PC...So you are a designer...nice...I'm a scripter...I'm here to find some friends that can help me with my rom...I have made some map and now have no idea @[email protected] what pokemon rom do u use?or u just started??:D

Years
  • Hey my name is Adam I'm not entirelty new to this site, but I decided I should sign up in order to be a part of the community. I am an artist of sorts, I design environments and draw creatures of all sorts. I would really like to learn some more about rom hacking so I can bring to life a few of my creations. Just thought I'd give the introduction thread a shot, and maybe make a few friends.

Hello Adam. It is Hikari.

I see another hacker joining us, PC has one of the largest ROM hacking communities of any Pokemon forum.

And so, we have a section that might cater towards you - It's called Emulation, where you can talk all about ROM hacking!

I'm not really a lurker round there as I suck at hacking but you'll have a fun time over there.

Feel free to VM me if you need to chat or give a shout out to the moderators, they are there to help you after all.

Have a great time and Happy Hacking!

- Hikari10, Not really a Hacker...

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
    Years
  • Haha..Don't sweat it Hikari..Me too sucks at rom hacking at the 1st time...It take 1 month for me to master in advanced scripting and mapping...but still need improvement...If u practise well u will become master in rom hacking in no time...:D

Years
  • Thanks for info I'll look into it...and cory I have messed around with both emerald and leaf green. I prefer green because it handles a higher resolution (80x80 compared to 64x64 in emerald) I think thats right anyway.

Wow it is hard to type that much on my phone.

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
    Years
  • Thanks for info I'll look into it...and cory I have messed around with both emerald and leaf green. I prefer green because it handles a higher resolution (80x80 compared to 64x64 in emerald) I think thats right anyway.

Wow it is hard to type that much on my phone.
    haha..let me help u..vm me..:)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Ahhhh, so you're familiar with this site already! That's cool; it's nice to see that you've finally signed up to be with us. :3

I have to wonder - what sort of creatures do you draw? =O Fakemon? Or... just general fantasy creatures? Since I do also tend to draw the latter on any free time I have sometimes. ^^ [although they turn up to become little cloud and bubbly creatures... it's honestly the best I could do uu;;]

Well, like said above, you can check out the Emulation board if you want, especially Tutorials if you want to check out guides about mapping, music, etc, etc. Or! You can check out the Art & Design board - if you ever want to show off any drawings you made, as well as talk about art in general, you can visit this board. ^^

So great that you've made an intro thread - this makes meeting you a whole lot easier. <3 And yeah! If you ever want to talk, we can via Vistor Messages or Private Messages, and then be friends! I also hope that you'll make even more friends around here, talking to various people. <3 But yeah, enjoy posting! See you around~~

Years
  • I generaly draw things that look like they might eat a baby, but on ocassion I'll draw fakemon. I also draw landscapes, but only when I'm planning map designs. Thanks for the info on the Art and Design board I will deffinitly check that out.

Years
  • Hiya, Adam! Welcome to the forum!

Neat, more artists! I'm one as well, so we have that in common. n_n You're pretty diverse in what you draw, landscapes are something I need to practice a little more haha. Nice to see you've already explored the Art & Design board, we have some amazingly talented people there~! The same would apply to our ROM hackers, too. People are just really great here to be honest, it gets my motivation to make something of my own flowing. <:

I'm glad to see you made an intro, though! That's a nice first step. Hope you like the forum so far, really glad to see that you've already been digging around here. Enjoy your stay and feel free to contact me if you need help with anything!

Back