• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

legindarys

Mystical Mewtwo

Or MM2 for lazy typers
Years
  • hello!

I used to be into pokemon when i was little, like, when it was big. A got blue and was hooked and i got silver also. But im a little off date with the new pokemon. I guess asking you guys what all the pokemon are is a little ufair: ill buy the new game for that. But could some1 tell me about the new legondaries? is that one that looks like a star with notes attached to its forehead a legondary?

Maybe this is more of a question, feel free to move it if it is.

THx a bunch,

MM2

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Man, Ruby and Sapphire has A TON of legends. Let's go through them all...

GROUDON AND KYOGRE: the flagship Pokemon of RS, Groudon is the sunny day loving red ground-type dinosaur while Kyogre is the raindance loving blue water-type orca with creepy eyes. Groudon is Ruby only, Kyogre is Sapphire only

RAYQUAZA: an ugly green dragon/flying type legend who is VERY powerful and has the Air Lock trait (which makes weather moves vanish). It is in both versions and can only be captured after beating the elite 4.

LATI: Latios is the blue dragon/psychic type while Latias is his smaller red sister of the same type. They cannot be hit by ground type moves. Latios is Ruby only (unless you have the eon ticket), vice versa for Latias. Because Nintendo is sexist, Latios has better attack stats while Latias has better defenses. Both have good speed though. Like the GSC legendary beasts, these guys are found randomly on routes and only appear after beating the elite 4.

REGI: The VERY ugly golems are Regirock, Regice, and Registeel (if you cannot guess their types, you suck ;D). The rock has high defense, the ice has high special defense, and the steel has good scores in both defenses. You need to de-code some brail to get them which you can find the solutions to somewhere in the RS forum.

UNOBTAINABLE: Jirachi (the star one you mentioned) is the neo-Mew. It is Steel/Psychic, oddly, and has a distubing eye on its belly. Deoxys is pure Psychic and has terribly high attack and speed stats but almost no defenses and HP. And Deoxys is an ugly freak.

That's all of 'em ^_^

Last edited:

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
  • Iveechan said:
    LATI: Latios is the blue dragon/psychic type while Latias is his smaller red sister of the same type. They cannot be hit by ground type moves. Latios is Ruby only (unless you have the eon ticket), vice versa for Latias. Because Nintendo is sexist, Latios has better attack stats while Latias has better defenses. Both have good speed though. Like the GSC legendary beasts, these guys are found randomly on routes and only appear after beating the elite 4.
    Nintendo isn't sexist, Latios is older so it makes sense for him to have a stronger Atk. Latias can combo her stronger Def with Charm if im not mistaken. And noone really uses non-SP moves with Latios/as so what would it matter?

Its not Nintendo's fault that whoever creates Pokemon made Latias look small and very innocent. Latios looks like hes very concentraited.

Last edited:

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
  • Well SORRY, I'm just sick of them always making the female counterpart more wussy and sweet than the male counterpart. I never saw the crappy movie so I dind't know that Latios was older.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Spike Razzor said:
    Nintendo isn't sexist, Latios is older so it makes sense for him to have a stronger Atk. Latias can combo her stronger Def with Charm if im not mistaken. And noone really uses non-SP moves with Latios/as so what would it matter?

Its not Nintendo's fault that whoever creates Pokemon made Latias look small and very innocent. Latios looks like hes very concentraited.
    ppl are sometimes very sensitive!
    Latios better than Latias=sexist=.=
    They have the SAME STATUS!
    Latios: Atk130 Dfe110 SA130 SD 110 HP110 Speed130
    Latias: 110 130 110 130 130 110

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Same status only if you add them all up though... the fact that latios excel in sp.att/att more than latias makes all the difference... Latias can't learn any tanking moves (just calm mind) so the defense points aren't really put into great uses. Latios on the other hand has both calm mind and dragon dance to help out his attack power even further. IMHO, everything Latias can do, Latios can do better.

Back