PDA

View Full Version : "Man , I wish I was taller."

awolfsquared
October 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
There's a story behind this one.
This morning my smoke detector went off while making breakfast. I grabbed a towel and waved it around near the smoke detector to clear some smoke away. I must of swung waved to hard cause the towel cause the cover of the detector opened up by accident. I stopped what I was doing to close it back together, but I couldn't reach the smoke detector. I got on the stairs and still couldn't reach it. I had to grab a chair in order to close it back up and while I was doing that I thought, "Man, I wish I was taller."

Do you ever which you were a bit taller or even shorter? How much taller /shorter would you like to be? (

The title of this thread pretty sums up my answer. I'm 5'5" , which is considered pretty short for a man my age. When I was about 11, my doctor predicted I would grew up to be 5'7". I kind of wish that prediction was actually true. If I was taller I would be able to reach places I can't now and I'd be built differently. I'd be a lot skinnier. I don't to be a lot taller, just a few more inches. The average height for males 20-39 in America is 5'10". I wouldn't mind that.

So how about you guys?

PlatinumDude
October 8th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I kind of wish I was taller at times because it kind of feels good to be tall for me.

Sandshrew4
October 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I wish i was taller. Im 5' 11" and already 14. Now you may think thats tall but i feel short at high school. Ive never even had a growth spurt in my life.

Sammi
October 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Oddly enough, I rarely genuinely wish I was taller. I've been just shy of 5' for yeaaaars now. Since that's how it's been my whole life, I've adjusted to either climbing to get what I want, or asking someone else to get it for me.

Sure, even a few inches would be more convenient, but I rather like being short. I think it's cute. :3

Aphrodite
October 8th, 2012, 06:17 PM
No!!!!! I do not wish to be taller!!! Here is an artists depiction of what I would look like if I was taller!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MktFkE1DNNA/T7g5eb__s_I/AAAAAAAAFiU/0NxIqhUWCdU/s1600/godzilla.jpg

Considering I'm 6'6 and the tallest in my immediate family, being taller is not on my wishlist for 2012 or, indeed, ever. I haven't grown since late 2010 though, so it's not likely I'll grow much taller within my lifetime, thank god. On the flipside, I'd hate to be short, so if I did have a choice in becoming shorter, I'd only cut a couple of inches off my height. Being tall, even exceedingly tall, is sooooooo much better than being short.

Patchisou Yutohru
October 8th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty content with my height.

GolurkIsDaBomb
October 8th, 2012, 07:09 PM
I want to be taller. I'm only 15, so that's definitely (hopefully) gonna happen. Right now I'm roughly 5'8" or so. The goal is to be 6' 10". I don't care if it's unrealistic, I'm going to make it happen! >:[ (just kidding, I'd rather reside at a comfortable 6'3"-6'5" or so, but we'll see :/)

Avishka
October 9th, 2012, 01:35 AM
im 5'4'" now and i want to be taller i want to reach 5'7" atleast

Cosmotone8
October 9th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I'm 5' 2" right now, but I have yet to hit my growth spurt, and apparently the later you hit it the taller you end up in the long run or so my doctor says. I'd like to end up 6'3", and that's what my doctor says I'll end up being. If that happens I will definitely be happy with my height.

Kura
October 9th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Oddly enough, I rarely genuinely wish I was taller. I've been just shy of 5' for yeaaaars now. Since that's how it's been my whole life, I've adjusted to either climbing to get what I want, or asking someone else to get it for me.

This is me and I wont be growing any taller. I'll be 23 soon.

:c I'd love to be taller.. then I would be leaner and sexier..

Guillermo
October 9th, 2012, 04:59 AM
This is me and I wont be growing any taller. I'll be 23 soon.

:c I'd love to be taller.. then I would be leaner and sexier..

I hope you did your squats.

As for being taller, I'm pretty content at 6'0". I wouldn't be disappointed if I grew another couple inches but anything more than like 6'5" is just ridiculous.

Counterfeit
October 9th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I wish I was like six-foot-nine so I could get with Leoshi, cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine.

You know I see her all the time, everywhere I go, and even in my dreams I can scheme of ways to make her mine.

Cause I know she's livin phat; Her boyfriend's tall, and he plays ball, so how am I gonna compete with that?

Guillermo
October 9th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I wish I was like six-foot-nine so I could get with Leoshi, cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine.

You know I see her all the time, everywhere I go, and even in my dreams I can scheme of ways to make her mine.

Cause I know she's livin phat; Her boyfriend's tall, and he plays ball, so how am I gonna compete with that?
I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl who looked good,
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat,
and a 6'4 impala.

Rodriguezjames55
October 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
i'm 6 feet (183cm) i want to be 6'5( 198cm) but i'm still growing :)

Shiny Celebi
October 9th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I do wish I was taller, i'm on the short side so it makes it hard for me to reach things and I get tired of dragging a stool or chair around to reach things, it's really annoying.

LividZephyr
October 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I'm about 5'9" and I do wish I was taller because for some weird reason, girls like tall guys. Why does HEIGHT matter so much? It should be all about HEART...

Really, I'm happy with my height, there's just that one thing...

Sheep
October 9th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I'm 5'7 - 5'8 or so at the moment and honestly do want to be 5'6 sometimes, but it's not that big of a desire. I just feel odd sometimes being a bit taller than some of the other girls around me, but there's definitely a handful of them who are taller than me, as well!

All-in-all, I'm content with my height. :3

Penta Penguin
October 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I'm 5ft 9, and I haven't grown since I was 14. I wanted to hit the 6ft mark, but that's never gonna happen.

Sora
October 9th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I'm 5'6''-5'7'' and overall comfortable with my height. I don't wish to be taller nor do I wish to be shorter. I find both sides of the spectrum neat in different ways and I enjoy that.

Antemortem
October 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'm 5'9" and I'm quite content with that.

Ice Car
October 9th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I'm taller than both of my parents now, I'm fine.

I'm also taller than my cousin that already has a wife and daughter.

Hannah
October 9th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I don't know, I like my height. But sometimes I want to be taller, just so I wouldn't be in front of the line at school all the time.

Keiran
October 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
I'm 5'8" currently. Would LOVE to be around 6' or a bit taller, because height gives a huge advantage at concerts. :[ Also I would look thinner I guess.

Haven't grown at all in like 20 years.

Brendino
October 9th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I'm mostly content with my height, but I stopped growing at 5' 11-1/2". The extra half inch would be nice, but I've literally been the same height since age 15. I was always one of the tallest kids growing up (and have some of my old class pictures to prove it), but one day I just stopped growing, and eventually everyone else caught up to and then started passing me.

I had hoped I would have one more growth spurt earlier this year (my Dad had one when he was 20- he went from 5' 11" to 6' 2"), but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

SummerSkies
October 9th, 2012, 11:15 PM
My height is currently five feet. I am pretty much content with my height. It would be nice if I was taller, so I could save more energy during track and field. With longer legs, I would cover more ground with less steps to save more energy and have a higher endurance.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
October 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I'm 5'7 with 8 to 9 years of good growing time left. Aiming for 6'1 to 6'2, although i have already had my growth spurt.

Doppelgänger
October 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
I'm pretty tall, so I kind of wish I was shorter. I mean, being tall is great and all, but it bugs me when people point it out.

Also my friends are short so I feel like a skyscraper next to them haha.

Esper
October 10th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I'm 5'8" and that puts me in about the middle of my friends' heights, which is fine. It's every so often hard to get clothes long enough so I wouldn't mind being 5'6" or so.

Mochi
October 10th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I'm 5'2.5" on the spot.

I'm okay with it, it's a little on the short side but I don't look like a 12 yo at least.

Dakota
October 10th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I'm 5' 6'' and I'm actually okay with that. I can reach most stuff, and life's comfy as it is. Besides, I'm already taller then both my parents, so I doubt I'll grow anymore. Wouldn't mind if I did though!

A downside is when it comes to relationships. It's just odd for me to date someone taller then me. Granted, I only know one girl I'd consider dating who was taller then me, but still.

Sylphiel
October 10th, 2012, 04:52 PM
5'8" here, and...no lie, there have been times in the past where I wished I was just a little bit shorter, since I tended to be a little taller than a lot of other people I tended to hang around. Then again, I only wanted to be shorter since I felt like being tall made me really stand out, and I was really self conscious of that. <_<

But I think now I'm more or less comfortable with my height.

Sodom
October 12th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Counterfeit and Guillermo made my day in this thread lmao. Considering it's 48 minutes past midnight and thus I am only 48 minutes into my day, that is quite a feat :P

But anyway I'm 6'4" and I've never wished I were any taller or shorter. I like being tall but I wouldnt' want to be freakishly so, so I'm happy the way I am. People tell me I should play basketball but I don't because lol.

Twilight Sky
October 17th, 2012, 07:37 AM
If anything, I'd rather be shorter. n_n;; I don't dislike my current height or anything like that, but shortness appeals to me a lot rather than tallness, if that makes sense?

Axeliira
October 17th, 2012, 07:42 AM
5'4", and I'm pretty much happy the way I am right now. xD Though there were times that I wish I was taller than my friends or at least stay at the exact height with them, but heh. I get called shorty at times lmao.

93Aiwass
October 17th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I wish I was a half a foot shorter, to be honest. I would like my chosen and preferred to be taller than me and being a lesbian and 5'8", that's a tall order. (no pun intended)

Love is the Law, Love under Will.