• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Toys!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    (Five points to whoever can figure out where I got the idea from (except not really because it's so obvious).

What kind of toys did you play with when you were younger? Did you have a favorite? Do you still have any of them or did you give them all away/trashed them when you got older. If you still have some do you sometimes do something with them out of nostalgia?

Pretty much, talk about the toys of your childhood. No technology; those aren't toys. Though robotic stuff like Furbys and those robotic cats/dinosaurs and such are okay I guess??

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    (Five points to whoever can figure out where I got the idea from (except not really because it's so obvious).

What kind of toys did you play with when you were younger? Did you have a favorite? Do you still have any of them or did you give them all away/trashed them when you got older. If you still have some do you sometimes do something with them out of nostalgia?

Pretty much, talk about the toys of your childhood. No technology; those aren't toys. Though robotic stuff like Furbys and those robotic cats/dinosaurs and such are okay I guess??

(Toy story maybe?)

Never got too attached to toys really. I had some action figures and lots of pokemon toys and hotwheels and some army men and thats about all I can remember. Dont really have any anymore.

Argenta

Soul
    Years
  • Yeah,all my childhood toys still with me i can't give up my memories..i keep them in a safe place i keep only one toy out which is a stuffed little toy girl named Rozana..Rozana was a gift from my dad when i was 9...that day i was crying out loud cuz mom took my sister with her to a toys shop and they didn't take me with them..my dad didn't know much about toys but i was sitting in the car when he suddenly opened the door he said brb don't go anywhere!..i wondered and thought he was annoyed of my crying..5 mins later he was back with Rozana..he even gave it the name!he said here ya go!i was okay with it at least i stoped the annoying cry...but now Rozana is the dearest thing i own a long with other few stuff ^^ :3

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I played a lot with toy cars like hot wheels and matchbox making them race and crashing them into each other haha. I think a lot of us especially under 30 will have a hard time not listing any technology because as we were growing up it expanded rapidly all around us. but im sure we all had our favorite toys, building blocks and action figures :)

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    I played a lot with toy cars like hot wheels and matchbox making them race and crashing them into each other haha. I think a lot of us especially under 30 will have a hard time not listing any technology because as we were growing up it expanded rapidly all around us. but im sure we all had our favorite toys, building blocks and action figures :)

Oh, that reminds me. I used to have lincoln logs and jenga blocks. Loved those things.

Years
  • Barbies for awhile, although I eventually stopped. Loved making up stories and drama and such. Never enough babies for me though. Because babies make everything better /total lies

Also enjoyed legos. My grandparents had a bunch of old ones I'd assemble when I was at their house. They even had cool space mats. :)

Uhhh I collected Beanie Babies but I didn't usually play with them.

Honestly after awhile I was mostly into video games. I can't really remember what I played with besides dolls...

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I had this teddy. Pink, fat, soft. I got it when I was 6, and up to now I still have it. It's been my best friend, and my best toy. Although like any other girl, I loved Barbies, of course. But my teddy still tops my list.

Years
  • When I was really young, I used to play with Thomas the train toys. When I got older, I moved on to Pokemon figures haha. I literally have all Pokemon figures from Kanto to Hoenn in my basement somewhere. I keep them for nostalgia!

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
    Years
  • I used to play with Barbies dolls a lot when I was younger as I got older I was into these toys called Polly pockets, and collected matchbox cars.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I collected LEGO toys during my childhood. I loved building the models and playing with them, especially the Bionicle line. That stopped when LEGO stopped producing the Bionicle sets and went for Hero Factory.

Darlimus

Fly to the Clouds!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2012
    I used to play with these toy blocks ALL the time. My cousins and I would build all sorts of things with them. :D

I moved onto Pokemon action figures, though my dog chewed up many of them.. I still have them, though!

I also had many stuffed animals.. mainly Pokemon, though. I have this Togepi that I've had since I was 5 or 6.

I also had this obsession with cleaning the floors at my house, so does a rag and a bucket of water count? :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I was a huge collector of cuddly toys. My favourite (and best friend as a child... yeah, I know :p) was a stuffed polar bear toy called Polar. I remember him as being so soft and white and cute and he made me feel great; I took him with me everywhere I went haha. But one day I couldn't find him and I cried for hours, and we still haven't come across him since. This was all when I was just a really small child so obviously I don't care about it now, but back at the time it really affected me losing that toy. D:

Other than that, I used to play with things called Bionicles a lot. Basically they're little warriors you make out of parts they give you in a tube and you can fight them against each other and stuff... I remember them being a lot of fun but looking back I can't really see why exactly that was haha.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • (Five points to whoever can figure out where I got the idea from (except not really because it's so obvious).

Since I was obsessed with becoming a pilot, I had my own miniature airport. :3 It actually looked like smaller versions of everything, meaning that it was actually pretty realistic (Or at least that's what I remember) Oh and Thomas the Train! I was obsessed with that too. I took Thomas everywhere with me xD. I had more toys too but I don't remember any particular ones atm. :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Zords! I played with my Power Rangers Zords so much. They were the most exciting part of my childhood, putting them all together to create the Megazords I was seeing on TV lol. So awesome.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    I had a lot of kinds of toys, but my favorites were always stuffed animals. I also loved to buy those sets of plastic dinosaurs, and my cousin gave me a whole bunch of small Pokemon also.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Toy cars, toy cars, toy cars! I adored those hunks of metal and plastic! I had two or three small carry-on type backpacks full of them by the time I was seven and I played with each and every one on a pretty consistent basis. I'm not sure what it was about them, but they were just so fun! I wish I still had as much interest in them now as I used to, but alas, we must move on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Barbie dolls all the way. I was such a spoiled little girl back then, my mother bought me a bazillion of them, almost once a week. xD Sooo you can count how many dolls I had owned.

As I grew up, I "hand-me-downed" my dolls to my little sister, who preferred Bratz dolls rather than Barbie dolls. She wasn't a fan of them rather than I was, so it was sad.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • I was never really a fan of barbie dolls to be honest D:. But what I did love was this soft,cute,brown teddy bear I used to simply called "Ted." It was so adorable and today is stashed away amongst other old outgrown toys.

I owned a shoebox which contained mini furniture made out of the strangest things like towels where I used my old Pokemon figurines (go Marill n_n) and other toys like Neopets to play an adventure for hours.

And then there was my old racing car.Strangely enough for a girl,I loved cars back then and used to spend most of my time throwing around model airplanes and driving my old red racing car around the room.

One more thing I can remember was my lego set. It was amazingly fun building all sorts of villages and then playing stories and plays in them before rebuilding a bigger and better one everytime.

Back