• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Hello people, I haven't played or watched any Pokemon past 2001-2002, and would like to know if buying Pokemon Black 2 would be dumb without knowing any of the new Pokemon and features.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Pokemon game is always newbie friendly : )

I would suggest you to start with black/white (1) first to enjoy the storyline.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • As Shinji said, the story-line starts in Black and White, but if you don't mind being in the dark about a few things, then it's fine to buy Black 2 and start from there.

As for as all the additional functions of the game, you might feel overwhelmed at first, but you'll eventually ease into it. It's all up to you.

Sirfetch’d

Black 2 is a great game, but it would be hard to understand without playing Black. I would recommend playing a Generation 4 game(most stores still sell HG/SS, at least where I live) to get refreshed on gen 3 and 4 Pokemon. You can then buy Black and then its sequel. I know it will be expensive, but it would make the great adventure of Black 2 way more enjoyable.

Or as a cheap alternative option, you could also check Bulbapedia, and Serebii for all of the information and get up to date on all the newer Pokemon and features.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Whenever I have a new friends play the Pokemon franchise, I always make them play a game from every generation for them to compare how the games actually..."EVOLVED" . It's also better for newbies to get acquaintance to Pokemons of each generations.

So usually, I have them play FireRed/Emerald/Platinum/Black

I don't want to repeat what most already said but...yeah, if you don't care a bit about what's happening in the game; plot, flashbacks, and so on...then it's OK to start with B2/W2, though it's more fun if you play the prequels as I am certain you will ask for more Pokemon once you finish.^^

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    While its nice to ask these sorta things, its what you want, rather than what people tell you. Now this doesn't really have any discussion merits so I'm closing this thread. Try PMing people or using Quick Questions in the future.

Also there is a place called Pokemon Gaming Central that is for discussing any Pokemon game. That would prolly be a better place to ask.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back