• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Invasion (Forgotten Realms RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • The drow, a race of dark elves, driven from the surface to the deep caves of the Underdark. A race who practice fighting and magic, not from intrest, or novelty, but out of necessity. A race devoted to the spread of chaos and destruction. A race where the strong survive and the weak either serve them or are crushed underfoot. A race that has, afte thousands of years underground, set their sights on the surface once again.

The drow cities of Menzoberranzan and Ched Nasad have joined forces to take the surface worl for their own. Assissted by the crafty drow mercenary Jarlaxle, and his band of Bregan D'Arthe, the drow already control Calimport and the surround nation-state of Calimshan from the shadows. Now, they are coming up from the upper Underdark, into the mines of Mithral Hall. This route was tried before, but the drow were fought off by King Bruenor and his dwarves. The eighth king of Mithral Hall is dead now, his spirit in the halls of the dwarvish god Dumathoin, his body kept safe by Morodin.

Alustriel, the ever-watchful ruler of the beautiful city of Silverymoon has noticed these actions, has begun trying to raaise a defense force against the coming assault.

Name:
    Race:
    Alignment: (Note: If playing as a drow, you must pick one of the evil alignments)
    Class:
    Skills:
    Appearance:
    -Clothing
    -Hair
    -Eyes
    -Weapons
    -Unusual features
    -Build
    -Height
    -Skin color

Name: Uchiha Yukimaru
    Race: Human
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Class: Assassin
    Skills: Chakra control
    Appearance:
    -Clothing: An enchanted outfit, passed down within his family. Seemingly leather, though it is far more effective at stopping blows. Black with red highlights. Bonelike blades extend from the outer forearms. Has a headpiece that covers the entire face, including eyes. Believed to be demon-posessed.
    -Hair: Black, mid-neck length.
    -Eyes: Emerald green
    -Weapons: Throwing knives, Kazhid'Hea (Cutter), an enchanted sword that does not dull or nick, and can change it's hilt shape at will. Also believed to be demon-posessed.
    -Unusual features: When angry, his pupils snap to vertical slits and an odd ivylike pattern crawls over his skin.
    -Build: Slender
    -Height: 6'3''
    -Skin color: Tanned, weatherworn.
    Personality: Harsh, cold, and cynical. Makes his living by killing the corrupt and evil, getting paid for a job he would have done for free.

Youko Kurama

Envy is a great thing
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 2, 2005
    Name: Kayumi
    Race: Elf
    Alignment: Good
    Class: White Mage
    Skills: White Magic-Both Offensive and Defensive
    Appearance:
    -Clothing- A traditional white robe, with two red stripes going around each arm. The hood of the robe carries the Egyptian symbol of life, the Ankh. It is enchanted to repel shadows and bring forth the light in times of need.
    -Hair-Long, shoulder length, pale blue hair. It has numerous navy colored streaks.
    -Eyes- Sky blue
    -Weapons- An enchanted staff of light called the Staff of Thoth. He also carries a bow called the Osiris Bow, and numerous silver arrows.
    -Unusual features-Carries numerous marking of hieroglyphs. They are said to be incantations which strengthen his magic, and protect him from peril.
    -Build-Lanky
    -Height-5'9"
    -Skin color-pale
    Personality:Although a mage of light, he enjoys doing things that would be frowned upon by his administration. He is very care free and calm at the same time. He sometimes freezes up in the face of battle, but even with his beginners knowledge of magic, he is an amazing healer. He is very private at times, and tends to use this to his advantage.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • It's a relief to see that Jarlaxle lives on. But what's this!? No Drizzt!? OH NO!

And you took my Drizzt duplicate away from me! NO! XD

Name: Conto Al'risa
    Race: Drow...*cough*...I mean moon elf
    Alignment: Chaotic good
    Class: Swordsman
    Skills: Elven magic of all sorts as well as a weaponsmaster
    Appearance:
    -Clothing: Mithril Chain mail, light and almost undestroyable, made by the dwarves of Mithril Hall themselves! Said to be made by Bruenor.
    -Hair: Slick and long. Strays from it's usual blondish white to a deep brown
    -Eyes: Crystal blue
    -Weapons: (I want to say twin scimitars! EW TAD! You're forcing me to make a different and unique character!) A broadsword (Skull crusher), and twin katana (Sajira, after his mother, and Dajier after his father)
    -Unusual features: He carries an emblem around his neck, more of necklace. The charm is a orb that holds a mysterious cloudy blue...well...cloud!
    -Build: Slender as basic elven stature
    -Height: 6'5"
    -Skin color: (I really want to say ebony!) Pale, as with all elves
    Personality: As with all elves he has it in his mind that he is a "Higher and more intellectual race". Kind of stuck up, but never refuses to do what he thinks is right.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
  • <OOC>Oh, Drizzt still lives. I'm planning on using him as an NPC at some point. By the by, told 'ya you'd like Jarlaxle. Anyway, either of 'ya want to start us off?<OOC>

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Conto Al'risa sighed, the gentle breeze blowing across his face. The peaceful elven city he lived in thrived prosperously, and everyone had what they wanted, and found a peace of mind.

"Whatcha doin?" An innocent voice came from behind him.

"Just looking at the trees." He mused.

OOC: Short but I got to go.

~Ozy~

Years
  • I watched the sunset from the top of Mount Alassra, named after one of Mystra's Chosen. It was a beautiful sight, but I didn't notice. Danica, Cadderly's wife had yelled at me today, something about teaching negative attitudes to her children. Not that that mattered either. I smirked, finding a joke in the sight before me that few else would recognize.

I heard something cut the air behind me. Without hesitation, I swivled and caught a messenger arrow in midflight, the job assignment wrapped tight around it. I smirked again at the quest, apparently Alustriel wanted a word. I stood, fastening Kazhid'hea around my waist and began the hike back down the mount, towards Silverymoon.

Youko Kurama

Envy is a great thing
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 2, 2005
    [OOC: Writer's Block....><]

[IC:]
    It had already been a few years since I had left the Sanctuary where I learned all my magics, and even though back then I felt leaving would be best, I found myself wishing I could go back. I can't though, not after just abandoning that place, after all they had done for me.

Yet, as soon as I made a decision to leave to help here in Silverymoon, I began to doubt my choice. No one seemed to want a white mage around; maybe they thought all I could do was heal.

"A healer doesn't seem to necessary out in battle as there is rarely enough time for you to stop and heal," someone had told me. So I felt discouraged, and thought I should at least try to return to teh Sanctuary. My trail would lead me over the mountains to north. It wouldnt be fun travelling alone, but it seemed like my last choice.

They may regret not taking my help....

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • A woman, about the same age as Conto, sat down beside him. "What are you thinking about?" She asked.

"Word has it that Drow are about." He said calmly.

"You're planing on going after them, aren't you?" She asked, obviously she knew the answer to the question.

"I can't just let those beast come up here, they need to be stopped." He said boldly as he got up and looked down at her.

"Where are you going to head first?" She asked him curiously.

"Silverymoon." He stated flatly and walked back to the elven city to get the supplies he needed.

~Ozy~

Years
  • On my way down, I ran into a priest from Spirit Soaring, Cadderly's masssive cathedral. I nodded in passing. He returned the gesture and we moved on by without a word. As I rounded a bend, I saw that massive cathedral, devoted to the god of knowledge and learning. It was beautiful in a sense. Not that I really cared. Maybe Cadderly would agree to wind-walk me to Silverymoon, that would certainly make things faster.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Upon arriving at Silverymoon, he was strangely denied by the guards. "You have no business here." They repeated.

Knowing full well that Alustriel instructs her guards to allow or not allow passage into her city, and he couldn't figure out why she would turn him down. "I do. I must speak to her about the safety of the world. Now let me in." Conto said coolly, not getting angry, for Alustriel probably had good reasons for this delay.

"I'm sorry, but Lady of Silverymoon, doesn't want you in this city." A guard snapped as he attempted to shoe him away.

By reflexes, out came his Katana, which made the guards step back and sound an alarm. Realizing his mistake he seathed his sword and retreated into the dark, hoping to approach a different way at a different time.

~Ozy~

Years
  • As I entered Spirit Soaring, Danica eyed me cooly. We'd never been close, our outlooks were vastly different. I nodded to her and walked on by, heading for the inne rooms of the cathedral. I was a somewhat constant figure here, my employers often left their work assignments in the library. A good many priests had a wave or smile for me. I returned them as best I could.

I found Cadderly in the massive room used for underworld summonings. A huge magic circle was inscribed into the floor to contain the magically powerful beasts brought here. The current being, though, was no such demon. A small imp known as Druzil had been summoned, presumably to be used for information. I began a patient wait for him to be done, it was best not to press someone in the grip of a sorcery spell. Even imps such as Druzil could wreak havoc not properly controlled.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Camping out near the border of Silverymoon, Conto glared at the guards from afar. His crystal blue eyes peering through the darkness as a cold threat.

Then he decided to take another plan of action and went back up to them, but they soon arrested him, for attacking guards, and took his weapons. "Well at least I'm in the city." He said flatly to the guards as they threw him into the prison cell, trying to crush his delicate structure against the wall. But he landed gracefully on his feet and sat down, waiting to be tryed, for he knew Alustriel would be there, to speak with him, as she did every other criminal. Of course under heavy guard though.

~Ozy~

Years
  • The priest was done surprisingly soon. Usually he spent hours closeted with the imp. The man always had a friendly smile for veryone and I was no exception. Dusting off his hands, he said "So, how may I help you, Yuki?" I said "You could windwalk me to Silverymoon, for one thing." He nedded and began the chant for the spell immediately. Both of us seemed to dissapear from the cathedral, caught up in the clerical magic.

He set me down in a temple in the heart of Silverymoon, and with a mock salute, returned to Spirt Soaring as I made my way out into the pristine streets of Silverymoon. My odd garb attracted a few stares, my kind were not often seen walking the streets here. Alustriel did not use assassins herself and few of those like me chasing a target would enter into the realm of her scrutiny.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Soon a guard had said that the Lady of Silverymoon would like a word with him. Conto nodded steadily as Alustriel made her way into the cell.

Conto's eyes grew wide, she was more beautiful than the rumors! Conto had only seen her once, but that was from a distance, she seemed more elegant and magnificent in person. Conto respectfully got to his feet and bowed low, "My name is Con-" He began but Alustriel finished his sentence.

"Conto Al'Risa. I know of you, let me assure you of that." She said, her voice not at all threatening, it was more soothing than anything else, and made Conto relax.

"I'm sorry for drawing my sword to your guards." Conto said but Alustriel seemed to wave that away too, and signaled for him to follow.

"Come, we must meet with someone, he is out in the streets as we speak." She said as she turned to leave, looking back to see Conto nod and follow her out of the prison.

~Ozy~

Years
  • My order assignment had got me past the guards and into Alustriel's manor in the dead center of town. It was beautiful, to be sure. Indeed, it outshone the rest of the city by far, no mean feat. I didn't really notice, though. I'd been around the best for a long while now, even been raised in such an environment. I leaned back into the sitting room couch to wait. I;d been informed that the lady was "preoccupied."

Not that I really cared, people often took their lesiure in dealing with non-Guild assassins. I'd left that pack of rats long ago. There were things I simply refused to do. Maintaining the vicious status quo in the streets of Calimport was one of these. I slid a throwing knife out of the bracer on my left wrist, removed a whetstone from my pocket and began sharpening the thing, smooth, practiced strokes down the length of the oiled, well-worn stone.

Youko Kurama

Envy is a great thing
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 2, 2005
    OOC: I hate falling behind. XD

IC: Halfway through my path to the Sanctuary, I began thinking once more.
    What if I'm choosing the wrong path? I know i can help in Silverymoon. If I just try once more, they're sure to accept me! I thought, a new found confidence filling my body.

I actually ran quite a bit, and when I stopped, I was already at the gates to Silverymoon. The guards looked at me, almost seeming as if they'd forgotten me, but they let me in, and I started walking once more towards the recruiting room.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Lady Alustriel" I said, standing and bowing low, low enough to disguise the mocking smile on my face. I returned to my seat as the Lady said dryly "Always a pleasure, Master Uchiha. I hope I find you in good health." I nodded and said "As always, my dear Lady." If I could consider anyone in this world a friend, Lady Alustriel would be it.

I wiped the grin from my face and said "so, what did you call me here for? I know you don't employ my kind frequently." She too grew serious and said "I believe that there is a growing drow threat. The death of King Bruenor, Mystra rest his soul, must have encouraged them to try for the hall again." I wasn't old enough to have been around for the first Mithral Hall attack, but I'd hard enough stories to recognize the seriousness of the problem. I asked "Scouting or defense? And what's with the elf?" Alustriel replied "Both, actually. The 'elf' is your partner, Conto." My scowl would have given most men cause to turn tail and run.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: I changed my katana to twin katanas, it feels weird having only one one handed weapon now. *shakes fist* Dang you Drizzt Do'Urden! You've changed the way I rp fighting scenes forever! XD

IC: "What of the other king of Mithril Hall. Surely there is someone willing to take his place," Conto said coolly as if if could careless for dwarven problems, which is what gave elves the reputation of being arrogant. "And besides, don't you think another elf would be more appropriate for dealing with my dark kin? You don't think a mere human could do the job that's required," Conto went on to say still in the arrogant tone, trying to get under the humans skin.

"Well I'll be stocking up for the long road ahead. Please consider my observations. He might be the desiding factor of life and death. Surely you don't think that he'll amount to my skill?" And with that he bowed low again and walked calmly out of the room, like nothing major really happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back