• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rollercoster of Everyday Life

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I bet we all frequently or occasionally have days where we feel tired, anxious, stressed, or irritated. What do you guys do to take a load off? Maybe listening to music, or hanging out?

Also say, you've had a really bad day or someone has ticked you off about anything, how do you respond and how do you put yourself in a tranquil mood again?

~As for me its mostly the strain of school and the annoyance of family quarrels. To alleviate this, I like to listen to music, or make myself laugh in some sort of way by watching YouTube vids, a movie or simply take my mind off of other things such as reading a good book.

The main purpose of this thread is to post your solutions to your everyday fatigue and how you deal with it. So other people can relate to someone else's situation and take their post into personal account, or even directly recommend them a solution. :) Yay?

Discuss.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Oh my life is filled with sooo much drama and crap.

Music is definitely a source of comfort to me. There's a song for ever mood I'm in and it feels good just to be encapsulated in a whole different world. Or at least that's how it feels for me.

Also the main reason I joined PC is, like you said, to get away from everything. When I'm on the computer talking about random topics, or even just playing video games, I don't even think about anything else that's going on around me. These distractions that other people may view as lazy or couch potatoish are actually really good for separating yourself from life's troubles. Except now, you're making me think about life again ;P

I don't mention being around people because that doesn't really help when they're usually the root of all the stress anyways lol. I mean hanging out is always good, but my mind'll still be on everything that I don't want it to be on.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Also the main reason I joined PC is, like you said, to get away from everything. When I'm on the computer talking about random topics, or even just playing video games, I don't even think about anything else that's going on around me. These distractions that other people may view as lazy or couch potatoish are actually really good for separating yourself from life's troubles. Except now, you're making me think about life again ;P

Haha, sorry about that. But yea PC(and video games in general) is like my main source of "escape". My most enjoyable times on PC are among the Clubs, discussion, and Trivia which I find both engaging and fun.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I have yet to find a way to escape stress in general. Perhaps I'm the only one, but when I'm tired, I end up stressed about stupid stuff to the point where I can't even think properly. Only think I've discovered that actually works for that is pain.

From time to time, I get into these weird depression ruts...but only at night. When that happens, I listen to a recording of an online radioshow-type thing because it's funny.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Oh my life is filled with sooo much drama and crap.

Music is definitely a source of comfort to me. There's a song for ever mood I'm in and it feels good just to be encapsulated in a whole different world.

Ho ya.
Same here for me,but I generally play music too.
Video Games are great as well,but I can't play certain ones merely because falling into the same pit 15 times in a row doesn't really cheer me up.
Anger however usually leads to me beating the hell out of a sandbag though.

This is a great thread,good on you. (Erm,CourageHound that is)

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
gaming has always been my stress relief theres nothing better than getting lost in your imagination in a game

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I play video games or go online and talk to people I know on the internet. It usually helps me feel better and is relaxing. Sometimes I might watch TV or a movie to unwind.

Back