• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen One Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Does anyone else go through the game with only one main Pokemon (The Starter) or is it just me. It seems the game is easier when you do this.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I never black out. When I only have one pokemon I am on like lv.50 and I am only at Rock Tunnel so I never get killed. I have a lv.50 Blastoise right now and it is the best one ever. It never ever gets beat. I beat Lt. Surge and all he used was electric attacks.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Alchemist Alphonse said:
    I never black out. When I only have one pokemon I am on like lv.50 and I am only at Rock Tunnel so I never get killed. I have a lv.50 Blastoise right now and it is the best one ever. It never ever gets beat. I beat Lt. Surge and all he used was electric attacks.

I usually go with one "main" pokemon, but I'm usually only in my thirties by the time I get to rock tunnel. O_O How do you do it? Please don't tell me you fight every single trainer, and tons of wild pokemon...

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
  • Yeah the game is pretty easy for you NOW.But wait untill you get to the elite 4 then you'll be sorry.So yeah you really should train just one pokemon untill the elite 4 then you'll need to train 3 or 4 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2005
    It is much easier to just train up one or two pokemon, untill you get to the elite four. I went through the game with just Venusaur, then picked up a Gastly along the way, it was really easy. However, the elite four were really hard, I had Level 80 Gengar and level 70 Venusaur and it was still really hard.

And also training up one pokemon and rushing through the game is really boring. I think it's much nicer to take your time and enjoy the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Happy Dude said:
    Yeah the game is pretty easy for you NOW.But wait untill you get to the elite 4 then you'll be sorry.So yeah you really should train just one pokemon untill the elite 4 then you'll need to train 3 or 4 pokemon.
    I have already beaten the game twice with only using Charizard and Venasaur...and I never get any trouble.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I like to take my time and build up a fun team out of the collection i foudn on my way to the elite four.

Years
  • I usually work on my starter throguh the game until the end.theni just totally neglect him lol and work on other pokemon.

AndrewFire24

Charmeleon Master
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 16, 2005
    I usually battle with a full team a six all through the game and was able to beat the elite four with my pokemon at lv 47 in the last game

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I dont just go through with one pokemon and just beat trainers. I have a certian level I have to be at after every place. Right now Blastoise is at 50 and I am in Rock Tunnel. I have to train it to lv 55 before I get out of Rock Tunnel. With a plan I can be at lv. 80-90 when I get to the Elite 4 so I dont have to worry about attacks that I am weak against.

corinnepkmn

I'm a pokemon!
    Years
  • My vaporeon is level 84 and she (yes a girl eevee hahaha) is pretty much the only pokemon I use. (I had to borrow a lv 51 machamp to beat lorelei, because of water absorb) Of course, I traded her from my brothers game at level 26 as soon as I started my game, so she had a nice head start.
    In my opinion the game is easier if you only use one pokemon, but if you plan on doing serious battling or are impatient, you need to make a whole team. (i.e. the trainer tower will kill you if you use only 1 good pokemon; if your only pokemon is level 50 it'll be too hard to fight the elites)

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    That could work
    Team when you reach E4:
    Blastoise lvl 90
    Articuno lvl 50
    Zapdos lvl 50
    Moltres lvl 50
    Snorlax lvl 50 <-- Train this one 20 levels
    Snorlax lvl 50 <-- Train this one 20 levels

there a team of 6

MagbyEX

ub3r d00d
    Years
  • I usually just go through the game with 3-4 good Pokemon and then when I get to the latter stages in the game I catch 2 more and get them up to the mimimum level they need to be to challenge the Elite 4.

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • When I got LeafGreen, I had my final team planned out, and four of the pokemon were already sitting on my Sapphire cartrige, fully trained. The other two were Johto Pokemon, so I had to use a temporairy team for the E4. My team consisted of:

A: Blastoise
    B: Zapdos

Zapdos was level 51 or 52... I can't remember. Blastoise was in the 70's or 80's. I had little or no trouble with blastoise, though Zapdos fainted half way through the E4, and Blastoise had to just take out the rest of the E4. If you have really high level pokemon, you can just walk through the game easily (though when you start battleing your firiends, youll lose right off). I also think Blastoise is the best choice if you are going to go through the game with just your starter. The combonation of Water and Ice moves help you a lot through the game. With Venasaur, you have a very hard time on the E4, though you can easily walk through the Gym Leaders. With Charmander, you have a tough time on the first two gym leaders, and you can do some good in the E4. With Blastoise, you can walk through all the Gym Leaders (or you could use a newly caught Digglet on Lt. Surge, trian it by fighting the other people in his gym, it works pretty well), your rival's starter, and most of the elite four.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Back