• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Forgotten~

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>

Albel the Wicked
Years
  • ~Forgotten~
    Every time you told me that you loved me, I believed you.
    Every time you told me you would stay, you left.
    Every time you left, I waited for you.

No one has loved me more than you.
    No one has hurt me more than you.
    No one ever will.

Your diamond in a sea of tears has been shattered.
    Your one true love has been discarded.
    Your phoenix has burned down to nothing.

Forgotten promises,
    Forgotten memories.
    I am your forgotten love.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Those are one of those poems that can describe your true love.Nice work Matt.

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>

Albel the Wicked
    Years
  • heh, i have a few from the months back, and i posted some on a forum i used to help admin, but i forgot the the link -_-; but yeah, i'll post some more, i guess...

Kelsey

~-*-~-*-~-*-~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2005
    <[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]> said:
    ~Forgotten~
    Every time you told me that you loved me, I believed you.
    Every time you told me you would stay, you left.
    Every time you left, I waited for you.

No one has loved me more than you.
    No one has hurt me more than you.
    No one ever will.

Your diamond in a sea of tears has been shattered.
    Your phoenix has burned down to nothing.

Forgotten promises,
    Forgotten memories.
    I am your forgotten love.

I really loved this poem, Matt. Unfortunately, this is one of the poems I wish I didn't understand the meaning to. No, that was not meant to sound insulting, but Matt knows what I'm talking about.

However, I have duties as a poetry/fan fic reviewer in that I must review all poems and fics as best I can, no matter how my own opinions may want to conflict with my judgement. Soooo, here it goes. ^____^

OK, this poem has a lot of depth to it, as all of your poems always have, Matt. This poem symoblizes a broken heart. One that has been broken numerous times, and has managed to heal itself over and over.

This stanza is one that truly touched me:
    "Your diamond in a sea of tears has been shattered.
    Your phoenix has burned down to nothing."

The first line, "Your diamond in a sea of tears has been shattered." shows how the love that was returned to this person was uspposedly ever-lasting. It felt as though you'd always be together...but nothing lasts forever. Knowing this, your soul was crushed and seemingly thrown out with the trash.

The next line, "Your one true love has been discarded." symbolizes betrayl. You were shown love and affection, and even returned it in great amounts, yet you were still shoved off to the side whilst your lover moved to the next 'hand', so long as we're speaking of playing cards.

The final line is one that nearly made me burst into tears, "Your phoenix has burned down to nothing." ...the once proud and majestic lover this person was...willing to do anything for the one he loved, had been torn to shreads. And so, the mighty phoenix falls, never to be reborn again.

This poem has very heart-wrenching, but got straight through to me, Matt. Yet another masterpiece I had the pleasure of reviewing.

~Kelsey

<[HaZaRdOuS_EnIgMa]>

Albel the Wicked
    Years
  • you see with great depth into whatever i write...almost as if you wrote it yourself...thanx for the review...and i guess i'll see you when i see you..

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I love your arranging of the phrases, your poem's form. I also loved your choice of words to express your sadness and trust/love in them.

Just beautiful, but sad...

Back