• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm so like my mom.

Years
  • Are you similar to anyone in looks and/or in personality?
    You can use family members, friends, celebrities, whatever you want. :)

I was talking to my mom on the phone earlier, and we both realized that we suck at making conversation. Which is half the reason I never call, haha. We're both also procrastinators. I also look a lot like her and have since, like, forever. Some days I wonder if she cloned herself... :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have my dad's physical features. Body, eyes, nose, etc! xD Everytime I'm with my dad, people are like "oh you two look alike!" I'd show you a picture so you'd know what I mean. xD

I have my mom's behavior features. We both tend to be intense in some situations, as well as we tend to be quiet at first then loud when we warm up with other people. We both also have the same minds, like...we think about the same ideas. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Apparently I have my father's looks. Well, everyone else says that, though honestly, I don't see a comparison. I do have his wavy hair though damn genetics

I always considered myself to look more like my mother. As for personality wise, I'm really carefree, so I don't know where that came from exactly. I'm a freak. D=

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Appearance-wise, I have a twin that I have honestly never met before. Her name, coincidentally, is Anna, and I'm Hannah. It's weird. Anyways, besides Anna, they say I sort of look like Jessica Sanchez. No, no, I don't.

Personality-wise, I'm waaay different from my parents. I'm not as religious as my dad, I'm not as hardworking as my mom. I have no idea where I got my laziness from.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    Totally listening to the song "Just Like You" while I type this.

My eyes are relatively similar to my father's, but mine are darker and have more of a dark grayish tint (his are light grayish-blue). I look a lot like my older sister (which I see as a good thing) to the point where my mother actually thought I was my sister once, when I was walking out of a store.

As for personality, I've inherited my father's temper and enjoyment of fighting. We also are both masochists, but people generally don't know that about me. c;

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I got the looks of my Ma a bit, and I seem to have got the humor from my Da. Got hands like my Ma, and got feet like my Da. Personality wise, I'm more calmer than either of them, and I don't talk as much.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • A teacher in high school said some like this to me once following a parent-teacher night:

"I look forward to these nights because I like to guess who the kid is as the parents walk towards me. You were easy to tell. You look like the perfect combination of your parents"

So, that answers that.

Personality-wise, I take after my mom.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • In both cases I take after my mom. My brother takes after our dad in a similar way. It was always really awkward when we were growing up because he got our father's darker skin and I got our mom's lighter skin and now we barely look like siblings.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Looks-wise they say I look like my maternal great grandfather, skinny and tall (in the view of a Chinese), and the way we walk. But only the side view, face-wise, I look like nobody honestly.

Personality wise, a little bit like my father on always waiting for somebody to help me do things, a little bit like my maternal grandfather on the social awkwardness, we don't normally talk in big crowds and tend to stand in one corner or go outside and look at the view.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    A lot of people say I look like my mom and all, but personality wise I take more after my dad who is a bit quicker to anger and everything, haha. :P But it all works out most of the time.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't really look all that much like either of my parents, though moreso my mother than my father. My mum always calls me Craig by mistake, apparently thinking I'm her brother, so maybe I'm like him!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • From the nose up, I look more like my mom. My eyes are unique, being almond-shaped which doesn't seem to be anywhere in the family, but my cheekbones and forehead are similar to hers. From the nose down, I'm like my dad, with slightly puffy lips and an indescribably handsome nose. Yeah, my nose is more handsome than yours. :P

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I'm a carbon clone of my father, in both looks and personality. We have the same laugh, the same temper, and apparently even the same way to win girls over(this last one came up in a weird discussion I would not like to revisit) Only thing I got from my Mother is her craptastic hair genes, I can't even get the right hair for a ponytail. :(

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm similar to my dad in both looks and thought processing. We think of things in the same way and we like to have intelligent conversations, but our personalities are pretty different.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Looks-wise I don't think any relative of mine is particularly close to me - some say I look like my mum's family, some say I look like dad's, I don't think either of my parents resemble me.

Personality-wise I think I'm more like my mum (thankfully) but I wouldn't say my dad's influence on my personality has been zero either. I think I share his hot-headedness, unfortunately.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Very interesting thread! :) Well, I look quite similar to my brother and my Dad, and yet they have very different personalities (To be more specific they are more social than I am). But, my Mom has a similar personality to me but her looks are quite different. We don't look like any celebrities however (Although I wish someone in my family did, that would be very interesting.)

Back