• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to PokeCommunity

Years
  • Hi, everyone.

I am new to this website and forum. I stumbled across it while looking for discussion on the upcoming sixth generation of Pokemon. I thought I would join in order to share in discussions about the one topic we all love: Pokemon.

A little bit about me and my relationship with Pokemon: I am from the USA, I am 26 years old, and I have had a soft spot for Pokemon since it came to the US in 1998. After the early 2000s, I stopped playing; but as a result of several factors, I took Pokemon back up since early 2012. I enjoy the in-game experience, but I do not like competitive battling. My favorite Pokemon are Bulbasaur, Butterfree, Lapras, Dragonite, Mew, Cyndaquil, Luxray, Samurott, and Reshiram.

If there is anything else about me you would like to know, feel free to ask. I hope to enjoy good, positive discussions in this community and to learn a lot :)

Years
  • OMG your username. <3 I love Samurott!

(Well, the entire Oshawott line for that matter)

Hi Handsome Samurott, and welcome to PC. You're 26? God, I'll be 21 come October, but nice to see some older fans on this forum. There's two mods I know of who are around your age so it's good you're not alone when it comes to those in the late 20's here. I'm from Australia, and I've been a Pokemon fan since 1999. I joined around 2011 after lurking as a guest for many years. My 2nd anniversary is next month, and I can't believe it's been that long ago.

I see you joined for the X and Y discussions? You'll find them over here, and there's good topics going on, as well as a General Chat thread stickied at the top. I've been posting there quite a bit since I'm looking forward to the new games as well, currently obsessed with the new starters plus I managed to get my 3DS last Christmas, meaning I'm well prepared. I'm currently playing my Black 2 in the lead-up to October, when the games will come out.

I'd be happy to get to know you, just send me a VM. Enjoy your stay here.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Despite what my gender on the top right says, I am actually female.

Years
  • Thank you, Hikari, for your kind welcome. I love Oshawott and his evolutionary line. I think he is the best of the Unova starters, and I think Samurott has a noble, handsome presence. I feel a bit odd being so old and being into Pokemon, but I am grateful that the younger Pokemon crowd is accepting of us older folk. Pokemon, in many ways, is like a family. I will be sure to hop on over to the Generation 6 discussions. I am playing through Black 2 and White 2 while I wait for the international release of X and Y this October. I can hardly wait!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hey there Handsome Samurott! Welcome to the forums. I'm 20 gonna be 21 in May so I'm also a older fan myself. I'm from the US too as well. Really should be getting to bed it's 3am here. I've been a fan of Pokemon since 1998 when the anime aired in the US. My first game was Red when I got a Game Boy Color as an early birthday present in early 2000! I can't believe I've been a fan for more than 13 years. Some of my favorites include Treecko, Braviary, Poliwhirl, Ampharos, Umbreon, Scrafty, Turtwig, Lucario, and Buizel. Been here on PC since February 23 2012 and so my 1st anniversary was last Saturday!

I'm excited for X and Y too! The starters look awesome, my favorite probably being Fennekin! Like Hiakari, mentioned, you can check out the X and Y section she posted a link to. There you can talk about many of the things being speculated about and already being. Since we really haven't gotten alot of new information yet, it's mainly speculation. Though I do hope we got more information soon. I'm excited to know more! Though I honestly need to get a 3DS so I can be ready. I hope to have one soon though.

Hope you enjoy it here and feel free to drop by my profile to chat via VM. Have fun!

Back