• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So what's the news??

What is your source for news?

• Total voters

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • So what's in the news?

Simple questions. Do you watch the news? What is your source for news? (Internet, Television , Radio, Friends, etc.) Has there ever been a news story that touched your heart deeply? Were you ever mentioned in the news or been in a news story?

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I don't really pay attention to news, honestly.

I was in a newspaper, if that counts. >_>

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I don't really check the news, only if I happen to eat in the dining room and I see my parents watching the news. Other than that, I just check the newspaper every day before going to school.

Sirfetch’d

I occasionally watch the news, but mostly read it online.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I used to watch it a lot, but it'd ruin my mood so I stopped. Now I watch one news show and read the paper even though local news is boring and there's a horrible bias in it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Now to answer my own topic:

My dad turns on the news on TV every morning when he wakes up and watches in the evening and night. He also streams it online when he's on the computer in the afternoons. So I usually watch it with him when he does. Other than that, I use the internet or read a newspaper. The one story that comes to mind that touched me a lot was when I heard about the Sandy Hook shootings. There's been many other story in the past that shooting really got to me. I wouldn't say was exactly on the "news" but there's a local feature/entertainment program here called Show Me St.Louis and I was on it twice. One of the many elementary schools I went to had a bowling lane and my 4th grade class got to bowl there for free and were featured on the show. They interviewed some of us and I was one of the people they talked to. Asked me what my average bowling score was and I said "about 100." The other time was when I was in 8th on my class's mystery trip where we went to the station's studio. We got to be on TV while the show was broadcasting where we stood outside near what is called the "Window on St.Louis" as a part of the audience (think like how Today an audience outside while broadcasting and they show them and speak with them during show.) Every once in a while, they'd show our class and told us to cheer and shout when on air. It was pretty fun but also it got boring when waiting to be shown on air.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't check the news religously, but I am exposed to the news and find about what's going on around me through every method you listed. (Albeit, not intentionally. XD)

Years
  • I rarely find myself paying attention to the news, unless I see an interesting article online somewhere. Oddly enough, though, when I was waiting for a show to come on tonight, I actually sat down and watched a full news broadcast on TV for the first time in about a year. To show how much I actually care about the news, I've completely forgotten every story they covered, and I only saw it a few hours ago.

As for being in the news, I've been in the local newspaper twice- once I was just in a picture with my sister when I was 6, and another time was for a baseball story in which I pitched my team to a big win (I've still got the cut-out pages in an envelope somewhere in my closet). Also back in middle school, our school held a fundraiser that had players and coaches from the local hockey team show up, and I saw myself in clips from that event on two different news broadcasts.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • I rarely watch news on television or read a newspaper but I do read bbc news every Friday night. I have appeared in the local paper once when I was in Pre-school. I have never been on television news before but my Sister has been on the news though.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    From TV where I on it 24/7 so I can listen to the news. But most of the time, news just goes into my ear through friends and family.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    RSS, but I only care about news regarding specific subjects.
    General-audience news tends to be woefully inconsequential.

Years
  • I get most of my news from news websites and blogs and I'll often turn on the news in the evening when I'm doing other things so I can have something on in the background, but as often as not I'll pay attention to what's on. Sometimes I hear about things from friends, but usually all the major events I know about fairly quickly on my own. If I had a newspaper delivered I'd read it, but I don't need to since it's usually quicker to go online.

I think the earthquake/tsunami in Japan touched me the most. I'd lived there recently when the disaster happened and I knew people who potentially could have been hurt and it was just one of the most realistic disasters I've ever seen because I could imagine it more than others.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'm.. really bad for this, actually. I hardly pay attention to the news unless someone mentions it or I stumble across it online. I don't get a TV signal, and I don't read the newspaper.. ._. So I'm pretty terrible with keeping up. Doesn't help that politics also completely disinterest me, too.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I watch the news every morning, or when I can.I don't mind watching it either, it's pretty interesting seeing what's happening around the nation and in other places, there are also handfuls of touching stories. <3. Also I watch it in the evening while we're eating dinner, so I watch around two news programs a day.

I sometimes listen to news on the radio, but most of the time I prefer listening to music and reach out to switch to another station :3. Other than that I read articles online so you can say I watch, read and hear quite a handful of news! :]

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If I don't get the news through my twitter feed (I subscribe to a few news & breaking news accounts), I get it through Reddit. This is usually great because I can pick and choose what I want to be notified of based on my interests. Everything else important, I get from the breaking news accounts or retweets. :P

Of course, this does mean that a lot of general news that I'd pick up on from watching TV or reading a newspaper never reaches my ears but it's not like it usually applies to me so I'm not too bothered.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm subscribed to the Twitter feeds of newspapers and news networks that I like. Its a good way to get breaking news instantly. I'm also subscribed to their full content (so I get more than just the hot topics of the day) through RSS. I watch the news on TV and listen to news radio while in the car.

And then I watch some news / current event shows too.

I like being informed from multiple sources to get a full picture of everything

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Outside of sports I don't really follow the news at all. I do use twitter though and if it's breaking news it'll usually appear in my feed anyway, but that's about it.

Admittedly I should start following it on TV, or at least follow one online more often.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I never watch the news, it annoys me. It's actually on TV right now and my mother is watching it but it drives me up the wall so I tune it out.

My only sources for news are the internet and my friends. Online I only ever look at entertainment news and my friends tell me anything that's pressing enough that I really should know about it - beyond that, I don't really care what happens in the world around me.

I've never been touched by a news story either, because the news stories that are designed to touch you are on current affairs shows and you can tell the stories are designed to tug at your heart strings. I can't feel for somebody if I'm being made to.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I occasionally watch it over TV or read the paper but my main source would have to be online as that's what I'm what I'm most accustomed to doing nowadays.

Back