PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Post count went down??? Error erased my post?

awolfsquared
March 22nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
Is something going on wrong? Last night I had 1666 posts when I went to bed and now I have only 1655 as of this one. I even screenshoted having 1666 posts as proof.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8041&pictureid=69878
Why did my post count dropped 11 posts?? Is something going wrong or PC having problems? I didn't even delete any posts. I think some kind of error happened. Help!

Echidna
March 23rd, 2013, 02:46 AM
Perhaps a thread was deleted that contained some of your posts? This kinda stuff happens I suppose, my post count went down by about 15 once too, didn't think much of it :/

Perhaps check your profile "view all posts option" and try to see if you can remember any that are missing?

bobandbill
March 23rd, 2013, 02:59 AM
Yeah, at times when a post count diminishes by a few it'd be because a thread that you posted in got deleted. Not much to worry about, and there's no other reason for a post count to decrease besides a post being deleted. (Or a section having post count turned off, but that hasn't happened to my knowledge of late).

Ivysaur
March 23rd, 2013, 03:05 AM
Alternatively, a thread could have been moved into a section where postcount is turned off. Check the Wandering Thread and the like.

Treble Harble
March 23rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Either that or they are moved into a thread that members cannot see, like archives or they are merged into one pst. That could be it--but since everyone answered...I'm going with Went-sama's answer.

awolfsquared
March 24th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Perhaps a thread was deleted that contained some of your posts? This kinda stuff happens I suppose, my post count went down by about 15 once too, didn't think much of it :/

Perhaps check your profile "view all posts option" and try to see if you can remember any that are missing?

Yeah, at times when a post count diminishes by a few it'd be because a thread that you posted in got deleted. Not much to worry about, and there's no other reason for a post count to decrease besides a post being deleted. (Or a section having post count turned off, but that hasn't happened to my knowledge of late).
Looking through some posts of mine, that might be the case. I notice the thread for the Unova United event is gone now and I made a few post in there so there's one thing. Plus a few others seem to be gone too.

Alternatively, a thread could have been moved into a section where postcount is turned off. Check the Wandering Thread and the like.
I remember one I posted a few times in the Wandering Thread when it was moved to Celebrations. Is post count turned off there? I don't know if it was moved anywhere else in that time except for X and Y and GE.
Either that or they are moved into a thread that members cannot see, like archives or they are merged into one pst. That could be it--but since everyone answered...I'm going with Went-sama's answer.

That would make sense too. I'd think some of the recent events thread would just of been moved to the archives or other inactive threads could of been closed?