PDA

View Full Version : Scripts & Tutorials Requests

Maruno
April 2nd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Scripts & Tutorials requests
This thread lets you ask for any resources which belong in this section. This includes scripts, tutorials, software, tools, game engines and so forth. You may not request illegal software or "warez" at all.

Do not post the requested things in this thread. Put them in another thread, and post in here linking to it.

Do keep in mind that some requests may never get replied to, for whatever reason (perhaps you're asking for too much). If so, please do not continue to repost the same request over and over.

[css-div="padding: 4px; border: 1px solid #aaaaaa; background-color: #f9f9f9; -moz-border-radius: 3px; -webkit-border-radius: 3px; border-radius: 3px;"]Thread written by [url-inline=member.php?u=73423]Maruno[/url-inline].[/css-div]

Dradier234
April 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hey, ya all, does anyone know where to get a custom menu script that can be used for commercial purposes? [Un-Pokemon]

h20ray
April 2nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
i want request script for scrolling text.
using Text Scroll Script - Enhanced
save-point.org/thread-2557.html

everytime i use, always get error:
---------------------------
Pokémon Project X
Script 'Text_Scroll' line 246: TypeError occurred.

undefined superclass `Window_Base'
OK

ppooookkkkkkk
April 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Requesting an easy script.

Can anyone make me a blank window scene with bg and sample buttons which are easily adjustable.

robin22gongon
April 18th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Hey! I'm new to Game Dev! I just want to ask for a script for a sideview battle. Thanks!

Rayd12smitty
April 18th, 2013, 04:15 AM
Requesting an easy script.

Can anyone make me a blank window scene with bg and sample buttons which are easily adjustable.

Pm me I can help easily with this

Dradier234
April 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hey! I'm new to Game Dev! I just want to ask for a script for a sideview battle. Thanks!
If you mean a sideview battle script for non pokemon stuff, just pm me, and I'll help..

akane159
April 28th, 2013, 06:22 PM
i need some body help me to do a touch screen and menu :)

BenGames,Films, and More!
April 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I would like RMXP script(s) for the following:

Messaging online-talking to other players in a game*
Battling and Trading online-battling and trading with other players in a game*
Download Trainers-like in real wifi competitions in the PWT

*I know they have been created, but overtime, I forget the URL. Please don't chastise me about this.

Tayuya of the Sound Four
May 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I would like to request a tutorial on how to add more features to the PokeGear. I know I'm not the only one who isn't the best at ruby scripting and I have looked through the Pokegear script but I couldn't figure out what should be done to add something new without breaking it.

FL
May 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I would like to request a tutorial on how to add more features to the PokeGear. I know I'm not the only one who isn't the best at ruby scripting and I have looked through the Pokegear script but I couldn't figure out what should be done to add something new without breaking it.http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=301310

Q-Quan
May 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.

Tayuya of the Sound Four
May 18th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I would like to request a quest menu system, something a little similar to the Mystery Dungeon series, the basic style is talking to an NPC will turn on a tag, the script will recognize that tag and put that in a menu which can be accessed from the pokegear or another activator point. I tried doing this with events but I wasn't able to make an efficient system that would tell you what missions you were on and were not. Hopefully this isn't to big of a task.

Nickalooose
May 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Hello people and Pokémon,
I am making a game in which it is, until later on, impossible to use the Storage System. That means that I have to block the PC, but also make that it is impossible to catch more Pokémon. So I was planning on making a "releasing" NPC and another that gives you Poké Balls.

I would like a script like this:

(count Party Pokémon and add to variable #14)
(count Poké Balls in Bag and add to variable #14)
If variable #14 is < 6
(give a Poké Ball for free)
If else
(don't give anything)

I'm not experienced with scripts so I can't make it. Can someone? I'll give credit if wanted.

You can do most of this through events.
Using $Trainer.party.length<6 or $Trainer.party.length==6, both do the same thing, except the first one checks whether you have LESS than 6 Pokémon, the last one checks whether you HAVE 6 or more (which we know can't happen, but it checks that nonetheless)... To use this open up a conditional branch with @script: $Trainer.party.length<6... Tick the box at the bottom... Use this if you don't want to use variables, if you do want to use them, use this:

At the start of your event set a
@script: $game_variables[15]=6
@script: $game_variables[14]=$Trainer.party.length.
Then in a conditional branch, variable[14] less than 6 (not equal)... You'll see why you need to set 2 variables here.

In the first section of the conditional branch, give a speech, then to add the PokéBall, use a conditional script,
$game_variables[15]-=$game_variables[14]
conditional branch, variable 15 EQUAL to 0,
first section, speech:
"Can't receive any"
In the else, conditional branch:
Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POKEBALL,pbGet(15))

However, there is a better way to deal with "not being able to catch more than 6 Pokémon".

Search in the Pokebattle_Battle script section, for:

if @opponent && (!pbIsSnagBall?(ball) || !battler.isShadow?)
@scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
pbDisplay(_INTL("The Trainer blocked the Ball!\nDon't be a thief!"))
else

And DIRECTLY below it:

if $Trainer.party.length>=6 && £game_switches[x]==false
@scene.pbThrowAndDeflect(ball,1)
pbDisplay(_INTL("I can't catch more than 6 Pokémon!"))
return

Change X to a specific switch number... You will need that to turn this section off in the future of your game.

That should be everything, you could, should and want to know... If something doesn't work, let us know... I don't see a problem, but you never know.

Q-Quan
May 19th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Thanks, Nickaloose!
Do you want me to credit you?

Nickalooose
May 19th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Credit for helping is fine

Derxwna Kapsyla
May 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
This is probably a large request, but I'm not the best at scripting so I don't really know how to do something this elaborate.

I want to make a script, or an event, which emulates the Magnet Train. I remember there being one here a long time ago, but I can't find it now.

Tayuya of the Sound Four
May 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
This is probably a large request, but I'm not the best at scripting so I don't really know how to do something this elaborate.

I want to make a script, or an event, which emulates the Magnet Train. I remember there being one here a long time ago, but I can't find it now.

Here you go: http://www.romhackersonline.com/8846277181/forum/showthread.php?t=13755

Derxwna Kapsyla
May 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Here you go: http://www.romhackersonline.com/8846277181/forum/showthread.php?t=13755

Unfortunately, while this was the post, the dropbox links which contained the event information are gone. 404, can;t access them.

Tayuya of the Sound Four
May 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately, while this was the post, the dropbox links which contained the event information are gone. 404, can;t access them.

The files that can't be accessed are all image files so nothing that's missing is absolutely required to use this. Since the files are all named pretty self explanatory It might be possible to piece together what they should be, especially if you've played Crystal recently. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.. :/

Derxwna Kapsyla
May 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
The files that can't be accessed are all image files so nothing that's missing is absolutely required to use this. Since the files are all named pretty self explanatory It might be possible to piece together what they should be, especially if you've played Crystal recently. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.. :/

Yes, but one of the image files contains how to build the event, the three individual pages. Without that, I have no idea how to make it work.

Grey Metagross
June 13th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I wonder if anyone's willing to make an addition to FL.'s Simple HUD script (http://http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Simple_HUD) to show an HP bar and status ailment icon for each Pokémon and grey out Pokémon that are fainted. I'd greatly appreciate your help!

ChyAqua
June 19th, 2013, 11:58 PM
[pokemon essentials]
Im looking for a script in which I can make my starter shiny
Im also looking for a script to make all shiny pokemon wild, etc. have 31 iv stats(as an incentive for catching it),I really hope someone can help I cant figure it out at all

Nickalooose
June 20th, 2013, 05:00 AM
There are multiple ways to make a starter shiny... Here's one.
In the event when you receive your starter, find script and use:
pokemon=$Trainer.party[0]
pokemon.makeShiny
Providing your starter is the only Pokémon in your team.

To change IV's, inside EncounterModifiers:

Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
pokemon=e[0]
if pokemon.isShiny?
pokemon.iv[0]=31 # Hp
pokemon.iv[1]=31 # Attack
pokemon.iv[2]=31 # Defense
pokemon.iv[3]=31 # Speed
pokemon.iv[4]=31 # Sp Attack
pokemon.iv[5]=31 # Sp Defense
end
}

ChyAqua
June 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
thank you so much for your help
is there a way I can give my starter an extra move?
and set its IVs to 31?

*Edit* figured out the IVs, but I cant figure out how to give it a move, which is extreme speed since the starter in my game is dratini, and all the AI is cranked to the max, wrap wont cut it

*edit 2* nevermind on the moves, I just altered its moveset in the pbs file, thanks anyhow

Q-Quan
June 30th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Can someone help me? I want to put a HM move effect (Surf) into an item (surfboard). How can I to this?

Nickalooose
June 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Can someone help me? I want to put a HM move effect (Surf) into an item (surfboard). How can I to this?

Did you know there is a new thread called:

Check here before asking a question! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303983)

And And

Replace FLY with an Item (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302381)

Pia Carrot
June 30th, 2013, 01:53 PM

First off, create an item in the items.txt called a surfboard. (Key Item would probably suit this item best.)

And follow this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7541980&postcount=5

pokemonmasteraaron
July 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hello,
I am interested in paying an rgss programmer to create an add on Text To Speech function.
I will pay ten dollars to a programmer who can:
Make the computer speak using SAPI4 and or SAPI5when: text appears on screen, E.G. from the show_text event command.
When a player moves to a new option, it should speak that option. (this should work in things such as battle menues, bag menues, etc. as well as menues created with the \CH command and show_choices command.
It is understood that non-textual things, such as text contained within pictures can not be spoken by anything, although it is my understanding that very few if any things in essentials have this.
I am using a bit of an old version of essentials, so where ever possible, it needs to be non-version spesific.
If you are interested, please respond and/or contact me on either this forum or skype.
My skype account: pokemonmasteraaron
If you believe ten dollars is not enough, let me know, although I believe it is unlikely to go above that ammount.
You must have a Pay Pal to receive the money.
Best Regards, Aaron

FL
July 13th, 2013, 01:33 PM
First off, create an item in the items.txt called a surfboard. (Key Item would probably suit this item best.)

And follow this post: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7541980&postcount=5I made a better tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304725

Harvey_Create
July 29th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I was curious if anyone had a Light Level script. For example, go down a cliff in a cave, it gets darker, go up it gets lighter.

I am also wondering if anyone can help with a custom HUD.

Nickalooose
July 31st, 2013, 11:21 AM
I was curious if anyone had a Light Level script. For example, go down a cliff in a cave, it gets darker, go up it gets lighter.

I am also wondering if anyone can help with a custom HUD.

An idea I had was, change the radius of the circle depending on the map and make all the cave maps, dark maps... Do you get that?

Harvey_Create
July 31st, 2013, 09:04 PM
An idea I had was, change the radius of the circle depending on the map and make all the cave maps, dark maps... Do you get that?

Its good, but, I like the idea of the whole screen getting darker. I want to add a Flashlight Item, and fase out FLash

Nickalooose
August 1st, 2013, 01:04 AM
Its good, but, I like the idea of the whole screen getting darker. I want to add a Flashlight Item, and fase out FLash

Okay, so an Item them can control density of light, I.E. Battery running out? So it gets darker...
Or did I miss the point?
You can always just use screen tinting, that's how I do things, it's simple, easy and gets the job done.
However, since you'd like to use a flashlight, I'd still consider the way I said, but instead of HM move Flash, change it to Flashlight.
I can't do anything right now since I have work.
Try things out and see what you come up with.
I've given you the general idea anyway.

Harvey_Create
August 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
Okay, so an Item them can control density of light, I.E. Battery running out? So it gets darker...
Or did I miss the point?
You can always just use screen tinting, that's how I do things, it's simple, easy and gets the job done.
However, since you'd like to use a flashlight, I'd still consider the way I said, but instead of HM move Flash, change it to Flashlight.
I can't do anything right now since I have work.
Try things out and see what you come up with.
I've given you the general idea anyway.

The original point was (maybe a terrain tag) or something that would automaticlly darken the screen going down a cliff tile. and vise versa. Rather then having 89 events per cave doing it.

Ive already got a basic flashlight together.

Nickalooose
August 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM
You're not understanding... Use the map id, not use events... So when you're on that specific map, you can use flashlight, exactly how Flash HM works, just with flashlight, and instead of having the map completely black, change the screen tone color instead.

Harvey_Create
August 1st, 2013, 04:21 PM
You're not understanding... Use the map id, not use events... So when you're on that specific map, you can use flashlight, exactly how Flash HM works, just with flashlight, and instead of having the map completely black, change the screen tone color instead.

I inderstand, But what i want is not what you are suggesting.

Nickalooose
August 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM

Sorry to say, but for anyone to answer this, is merely assumptions... Maybe you should elaborate more or learn to script yourself.

Maruno
August 2nd, 2013, 02:53 AM
He wants to change the light level (overall brightness) of a map depending on the player's coordinates on that map.

Sounds like a job for a parallel processing event (a long one which is basically all the contents of the 89 events you currently have). The example maps (the cave maps) have some similar parallel processing events which check the position of the player/boulders for the purpose of triggering floor switches and falling down holes.

Pia Carrot
August 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone have an idea on getting swarms to work? Some examples of this include people calling you in GSC about a rare pokemon in an area or in D/P where Lucas/Dawn's sister will tell you that a swarm of Pokemon have appeared on a route. It changes daily.

I imagine this could be worked out in events but there may be a cleaner way to pull this off.

Maruno
August 3rd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Anyone have an idea on getting swarms to work? Some examples of this include people calling you in GSC about a rare pokemon in an area or in D/P where Lucas/Dawn's sister will tell you that a swarm of Pokemon have appeared on a route. It changes daily.

I imagine this could be worked out in events but there may be a cleaner way to pull this off.
First you need a list of possible swarms. Species, level range, maps to be found on, encounter types to be found via. It's up to you if you want to make it more complicated (e.g. multiple maps/species/encounter types in a single swarm event). You can (should) put all this information in an array in some script section.

Next you want a way to decide which swarm to use on a particular day. It should be random yet always the same for a given day. The Lottery mini-game's winning number works like this, so copy it and use it to choose the swarm.

Then you want to change the appropriate wild encounters depending on the swarm's details. I understand there's a flat 40% rate of an encounter being a swarm's encounter (if possible), and 60% chance of a regular encounter, so that's a nice and simple number to work with. Go to the script which decides which species to encounter, get the day's swarm's details, and if the map/encounter method matches and rand(100)<40, set the species and level according to the swarm's details; otherwise pick the encountered species normally.

That's it.

You can enhance this feature by only making it work if a particular switch is on (e.g. the "Got National Dex" one).

Getting someone to tell you about the swarm is a bit of extra work. It's easiest to make an event tell you, because phone calls are a bit trickier to modify (although it is possible). Here, just get the day's swarm's details again, shove the name of the species and the name of the map it's on into variables, and insert those variables into the event's speech. You can get all fancy with this, of course.

Yero
August 4th, 2013, 03:47 AM
G'Day, I was wondering if it is possible to (silently) control the storage system by using a script of some sort. For instance, in my game, the player got separated from a few of his Pokemon at some point in the game, and at that time you can't use the computer. The only script I know of is to completely delete the Pokemon in question, which of course, is not meant to happen. So is it possible to, let say, use a script to silently store a pokemon in one of the storage boxes by event, and later withdraw it again?

FL
August 4th, 2013, 04:15 AM
G'Day, I was wondering if it is possible to (silently) control the storage system by using a script of some sort. For instance, in my game, the player got separated from a few of his Pokemon at some point in the game, and at that time you can't use the computer. The only script I know of is to completely delete the Pokemon in question, which of course, is not meant to happen. So is it possible to, let say, use a script to silently store a pokemon in one of the storage boxes by event, and later withdraw it again?Force pokemon to PC Box (silently) (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302846)

Nickalooose
August 4th, 2013, 04:18 AM
G'Day, I was wondering if it is possible to (silently) control the storage system by using a script of some sort. For instance, in my game, the player got separated from a few of his Pokemon at some point in the game, and at that time you can't use the computer. The only script I know of is to completely delete the Pokemon in question, which of course, is not meant to happen. So is it possible to, let say, use a script to silently store a pokemon in one of the storage boxes by event, and later withdraw it again?

The easiest way I know how to do this (and is the way I would do this), is not worry about the storage at all... Variables are your friend here.

So for arguments sake, I'm going to say I want all 6 of my Pokémon in my team completely removed from the game, BUT, returned back to me later on (you must remember to add them back).

First thing I would do is set 6 Variables (since I can control every Pokémon then)... So I've chosen Variables 1-6 (choose your own)... Next, let's add our Pokémon to them... Using 6 script events:
$game_variables[1]=$Trainer.party[0]
$game_variables[2]=$Trainer.party[1]
$game_variables[3]=$Trainer.party[2]
$game_variables[4]=$Trainer.party[3]
$game_variables[5]=$Trainer.party[4]
$game_variables[6]=$Trainer.party[5]

Then, remove them from the game, using another 6 script events:
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)
pbRemovePokemonAt(0)

It's that simple.

To re-add them later, just use, in another 6 script events:
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(1))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(2))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(3))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(4))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(5))
pbAddPokemonSilent(pbGet(6))

There you go, the illusion of a runaway Pokémon and the uses of variables, plus, no scripting involved.
Use it, love it, learn it.

REMEMBER:
Do not have any other Pokémon in your team if you use this method... I'm not sure if it will overwrite any Pokémon or just not add the ones you've deleted.

Yero
August 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Thanks heaps Nickalooose, it worked exact the way I wanted! I was too focused on using the storage system as I was afraid using a variable would completely reset or delete the individual Pokemon's data or moves and like. But it worked perfect!

Maybe you (or someone else) would be able to help me with another matter as well. Probably another simple event script, but is it possible to have a wild Pokemon battle against one wild Pokemon whereas the player uses two battlers himself. Like a two against one battle! I want to use this for Legendary/strong wild opponents.

Maruno
August 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Thanks heaps Nickalooose, it worked exact the way I wanted! I was too focused on using the storage system as I was afraid using a variable would completely reset or delete the individual Pokemon's data or moves and like. But it worked perfect!
One addendum I'd like to make is that you should use $game_variables which aren't used for anything else. The first 25 are either used for things or reserved, so don't use them.

Yero
August 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I used the variables after number 45 to be on the sure. I make a game with a similar gameplay as Pokemon Colosseum, so where catching numerous Pokemon is not really part of the main story. All battles are Double Battles, and indeed with Espeon and Umbreon as the two starters. For some Legendary encounters I would like to use this double battle style only then against one (wild) opponent. It's probably quite easy to do so, but I am not a real expert on the blind scripting. Would someone be able to help me out a little?

# 494
August 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
After searching the wiki, Google, and looking through the script editor in RMXP, I have been able to add a custom font, but this font is little too big. I remember seeing a way to make it smaller, but it has to be done each time the font is used.

Is there any way to permanently make the font smaller?

Maruno
August 10th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Font and font size-related methods can be found in SpriteWindow, beginning with def pbSetSystemFont (line 1705). That and the few methods below it should help.

# 494
August 11th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Alright, that worked! However, now I can't seem to figure out how to make my new font the default font. For some reason, no matter what I do the game defaults to the Firered/Leafgreen font. How could I set my new font as the default font?

Also, if possible would I be able to make it so said font appear in the places where switching fonts doesn't change anything? (Like the new game/continue screen's summary and in Attack names)

FL
August 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Alright, that worked! However, now I can't seem to figure out how to make my new font the default font. For some reason, no matter what I do the game defaults to the Firered/Leafgreen font. How could I set my new font as the default font?

Also, if possible would I be able to make it so said font appear in the places where switching fonts doesn't change anything? (Like the new game/continue screen's summary and in Attack names)To change the default font, change the 'FontName' at SpriteWindow (but remember to add the font to $VersionStyles array if you wants FrLg font in your game)

To change the default font in some screens, look at def drawMarkings in PokemonSummary script section. This method change the font to Arial to draw the markings.

Unknown#
August 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I also have been having a small font problem: I need to change the font that attack names appear in. I have managed to get my new font everywhere, except for the attack names (in battle, anyways).

Maruno
August 16th, 2013, 02:27 AM
I also have been having a small font problem: I need to change the font that attack names appear in. I have managed to get my new font everywhere, except for the attack names (in battle, anyways).
Move names and PP in the battle's "choose a move" part use whatever the narrow font is. Check class FightMenuButtons for the reference to narrow fonts.

Harvey_Create
August 16th, 2013, 07:16 PM
I was curious if anyone had a Better Perspective type Map mode. One that looks a bit less flat. Or a way to make Trees and building look more like HGSS 3D. It really isnt a big deal for the HGSS 3D, but Perspective is basically stretching the bottom and squezing the top of the screen. I want trees and building to maintain a more "Normal" flow. Its kind of hard to explain. THhe only Thing I can think of as to how to do this, Is make another Terrain Tag, and have it scripted out to ignore the perspective tilemapping. I dont know. Probably not correct, but yea. I really need to Study RGSS

I am not asking for "FREE SCRIPTZ" rather, a bit of pushing me to learn how to do these things. I have a list of things I would like to implement, but don't know RGSS, so this will attempt to teach me a bit.

Here is my list of things.

HUD telling you what Route or Town you are on, and showing you your pokemons Status.
"Reuse" Items. Repel just wore off, Would you like to use another? And Unlimited potion using for out of battle.
A newer Pause Menu. With a drop down window, and Iconized Options.
Help with repositioning for a New Resolution. We are switching to 640x400
A "Better" Perspective map mode. Something that make the map less flat, And make certain objects/tiles ignore the map mode.
How to do a Gym Leader event that makes you have to challange him twice, the first losing, but not Fainting, rather, making you go to the PokeCenter, and then trigger a Special Event for a Guy to talk to you. THEN go back to fight the Leader.
More to come, I just can;t think right now.

Yes, I know my list is Huge. I basically want a Mentor to help me learn to script. And point me in the right Direction with my issues.

SinfulGuroRose
August 19th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Okay, so I'd like to start off with the fact that I know jack diddly about RGSS. U wU; So far, when editing scripts, I've really just gone off of my intuition and the script examples around me and I've miraculously not completely ruined everything. But that's besides the point.

I'd like to implement Light Pokémon into my game, which are have the same elements as Shadow Pokémon, just a different story to them. Can someone point me in the direction to do this, and also on how to get the 'light' sprites to be added correctly?

And while I'm at it, would anyone know how to make it so a Shadow(/Light) Pokémon could gain EXP and level up, while growing marginally more disobedient to the trainer (like a traded Pokémon)?

Nickalooose
August 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM
I was curious if anyone had a Better Perspective type Map mode. One that looks a bit less flat. Or a way to make Trees and building look more like HGSS 3D. It really isnt a big deal for the HGSS 3D, but Perspective is basically stretching the bottom and squezing the top of the screen. I want trees and building to maintain a more "Normal" flow. Its kind of hard to explain. THhe only Thing I can think of as to how to do this, Is make another Terrain Tag, and have it scripted out to ignore the perspective tilemapping. I dont know. Probably not correct, but yea. I really need to Study RGSS

No idea.

I am not asking for "FREE SCRIPTZ" rather, a bit of pushing me to learn how to do these things. I have a list of things I would like to implement, but don't know RGSS, so this will attempt to teach me a bit.

Look at scripts in Essentials already... You've said "you're not asking for frees scripts", before...

Here is my list of things.

HUD telling you what Route or Town you are on, and showing you your pokemons Status.
"Reuse" Items. Repel just wore off, Would you like to use another? And Unlimited potion using for out of battle.
A newer Pause Menu. With a drop down window, and Iconized Options.
Help with repositioning for a New Resolution. We are switching to 640x400
A "Better" Perspective map mode. Something that make the map less flat, And make certain objects/tiles ignore the map mode.
How to do a Gym Leader event that makes you have to challange him twice, the first losing, but not Fainting, rather, making you go to the PokeCenter, and then trigger a Special Event for a Guy to talk to you. THEN go back to fight the Leader.
More to come, I just can;t think right now.

1. Isn't this already in... Or do you want it to always be visible? What does the status thing mean.
2. The Repel thing is already in Essentials... The Potion thing however, make this part, in PokemonItems:

if !pbCheckUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
pbPlayBuzzerSE()
else
ret=ItemHandlers.triggerUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
if ret && $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==1 # Usable on Pokémon, consumed
end
if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You used your last {1}.",
PBItems.getName(item))) if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
break
end
end

Look like this:

if !pbCheckUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
pbPlayBuzzerSE()
else
ret=ItemHandlers.triggerUseOnPokemon(item,pokemon,screen)
if ret && $ItemData[item][ITEMUSE]==1 # Usable on Pokémon, consumed
if isConst?(item,PBItems,:POTION) # Edit this for other items.
# This means it does nothing.
else # Otherwise...?
bag.pbDeleteItem(item) # This was originally there.
end # Ends the new if statement
end
if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("You used your last {1}.",
PBItems.getName(item))) if bag.pbQuantity(item)<=0
break
end
end

3. Good luck... I've given you a new pause menu, you can merely edit that to do what you want.
4. Repositioning...? Not my area, but I figure you could just change the settings, on the settings script section...
5. Already said, this is not something I know.
6. This is merely eventing... Maybe you should use the Last Pokemon Message (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Last_Pok%C3%A9mon_message_and_BGM), tutorial as a base script.
7. Oh no lol.

Yes, I know my list is Huge. I basically want a Mentor to help me learn to script. And point me in the right Direction with my issues.

So I've helped you a little, run wild young padwan!

Okay, so I'd like to start off with the fact that I know jack diddly about RGSS. U wU; So far, when editing scripts, I've really just gone off of my intuition and the script examples around me and I've miraculously not completely ruined everything. But that's besides the point.

I'd like to implement Light Pokémon into my game, which are have the same elements as Shadow Pokémon, just a different story to them. Can someone point me in the direction to do this, and also on how to get the 'light' sprites to be added correctly?

And while I'm at it, would anyone know how to make it so a Shadow(/Light) Pokémon could gain EXP and level up, while growing marginally more disobedient to the trainer (like a traded Pokémon)?

Adding New Types (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Defining_a_type)

August 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I have a script request list/questions (This is not Pokemon related).

1. I am creating an "overworld shooter" game if you will (The OW is shooting, no "battles") and I was wondering if there is a script for that (The player presses a button and the projectile goes the way the player is facing. It also makes any event disappear upon projectile touch)

2.Along with OW Shooter, I also am requesting OW melee combat script, such as sword combat.

3.Which script section deals with the controls?

Thanks

joeyhugg
August 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I have a script request list/questions (This is not Pokemon related).

1. I am creating an "overworld shooter" game if you will (The OW is shooting, no "battles") and I was wondering if there is a script for that (The player presses a button and the projectile goes the way the player is facing. It also makes any event disappear upon projectile touch)

2.Along with OW Shooter, I also am requesting OW melee combat script, such as sword combat.

3.Which script section deals with the controls?

Thanks

I believe what you are looking for is an Action Battle System. There are tons of those out there. Just google it. I personally don't know of any off-hand for XP, but for VX Ace there's Sapphire Action System and Falcao Pearl ABS. Just search around and you'll find tons.

August 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM
I seached for a battle system and I found a good one :D . But I have a question. Can you call common events from the script data base?

Maruno
August 29th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I seached for a battle system and I found a good one :D . But I have a question. Can you call common events from the script data base?
Yep. That's how phone calls with important NPCs (e.g. Professor Oak) work, for one.

August 29th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Yep. That's how phone calls with important NPCs (e.g. Professor Oak) work, for one.

sorry, but I must ask: what script section

Maruno
August 30th, 2013, 05:50 AM
sorry, but I must ask: what script section
The script section that deals with phone calls. PokemonPhone. It makes sense if you think about it.

This thread isn't for questions; it's about making requests for things.

# 494
September 1st, 2013, 06:54 PM
A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."

Badhaas
September 2nd, 2013, 03:08 AM
I would like to request some help with coding the following:

I am trying write a script which can place a premade event on a specific location on a specific map. The map id, x, and y location are stored in an array. This can for example be used in placing an event on the location where the player leaves behind their partner trainer. These events will remain on that location until their position changes, or they are removed (as the player partners with them again). Thus these events have to stay on those maps, even when the player returns after having left the map.

Currently I am trying to achieve this by duplicating events from a 'template' map. This map holds all events, with all their functionalities already in the event, which have to be placed on these positions.
Thus far I have the following code:

module Char_Events
CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID = 99

map_id = CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID
map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s", map_id,$RPGVX ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))
$events = map.events

end

class CharacterEvent < Game_Event

def initialize(char_id)
original_event = $events[char_id]
return if original_event == nil
event = original_event.dup
event.x = $CharacterData.position[char_id][1]
event.y = $CharacterData.position[char_id][2]
event.pages[0].graphic.direction = $CharacterData.position[char_id][3]
super($CharacterData.position[char_id][0], event)
end

end

def pbTestDupl(char_id)
#Save them all in an array
@char_events[char_id] = CharacterEvent.new(char_id)

#add the event to the map's event hash
$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]
$game_map.refresh
end

This code should already place an event on the defined location when on the same map as the player, yet somehow doesn't. Things I've checked thus far are: The game doesn't crash when running the code, it seems to successfully store all the events in the $events variable, it seems to successfully create the new event, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Could someone please help me with this, or at least give me a push in the right direction?

FL
September 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
A request for something that I thought would of been quite simple.

I want to make an event that shows how many Pokemon I've caught, but without opening (or even having) the Pokedex. Something thats just like: "You've seen x of x number of Pokemon."Just put in a game variable and show it. Code:
$game_variables[98] = $Trainer.pokedexOwned
$game_variables[99] = $Trainer.pokedexSeen
After this, use the message command "You've seen \v[98] of \v[99] number of Pokemon."

I would like to request some help with coding the following:

I am trying write a script which can place a premade event on a specific location on a specific map. The map id, x, and y location are stored in an array. This can for example be used in placing an event on the location where the player leaves behind their partner trainer. These events will remain on that location until their position changes, or they are removed (as the player partners with them again). Thus these events have to stay on those maps, even when the player returns after having left the map.

Currently I am trying to achieve this by duplicating events from a 'template' map. This map holds all events, with all their functionalities already in the event, which have to be placed on these positions.
Thus far I have the following code:

module Char_Events
CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID = 99

map_id = CHAR_TEMPLATE_MAP_ID
map = load_data(sprintf("Data/Map%03d.%s", map_id,$RPGVX ? "rvdata" : "rxdata"))
$events = map.events

end

class CharacterEvent < Game_Event

def initialize(char_id)
original_event = $events[char_id]
return if original_event == nil
event = original_event.dup
event.x = $CharacterData.position[char_id][1]
event.y = $CharacterData.position[char_id][2]
event.pages[0].graphic.direction = $CharacterData.position[char_id][3]
super($CharacterData.position[char_id][0], event)
end

end

def pbTestDupl(char_id)
#Save them all in an array
@char_events[char_id] = CharacterEvent.new(char_id)

#add the event to the map's event hash
$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]
$game_map.refresh
end

This code should already place an event on the defined location when on the same map as the player, yet somehow doesn't. Things I've checked thus far are: The game doesn't crash when running the code, it seems to successfully store all the events in the $events variable, it seems to successfully create the new event, but it doesn't appear on the map.

Could someone please help me with this, or at least give me a push in the right direction?Try to set your events before the events in the map are loaded (before line 'for i in @map.events.keys' at Game_Map_)

And '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length+1] = @char_events[char_id]' has no sense (except in certain contexts), use '$game_map.events[$game_map.events.length] = @char_events[char_id]' or '$game_map.events.push(@char_events[char_id])'

PS: This thread isn't for these questions. What is the best form of handle this? Should Maruno transform these post in threads in Essentials area?

Badhaas
September 4th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Thanks FL. for the reply, I'll try it out and find a way to make it work. (And thnx for pointing out the array.push, I forgot about that one :s)

I'm sorry I posted this question here and tried to formulate it as a request. It wasn't clear for me where such questions should be posted on the forum, and this seemed the most sensible place.
*edit*: I missed the Pokémon Essentials area :s, I apologize for the inconvenience. There is no need to transform my post; I'll try a few things to make it work, and in case I can't figure it out I'll post it in the Essentials area.

To follow the idea of this thread I also have a request;
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.

Maruno
September 4th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Can anyone write a script which allows you to load a save file from a previous versions of your game, with room for a new game fix function. This would allow players to continue where they left off on the previous demo, or release, without starting over every time. The new game fix function would include everything which gets initialised at a new game that wasn't present in the previous versions (this would be per version). This is meant to prevent crashes caused by not having initialised new code, or changes in the code.
If you make your changes in the right way, that won't be a problem.

cclare90
September 17th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.

Nickalooose
September 18th, 2013, 02:07 AM
I was wondering if anyone could show me how to implement Nuzlocke mode into my game.

With a quick Google search.

That appears easy enough, just long, to implement... Seems this would need to be made as more of an "add-on", than actually showing you, because I would bet all I own, on you getting confused immediately, if someone were to show you... Good luck otherwise.

korjamer
October 2nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6873-wyrescripts-character-and-event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.

joeyhugg
October 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
Hello all, So I'm an artist working on a personal project of my own in essentials and remaking the area where I live into a Pokemon game by compiling basic resources around the internet. Anyway, the reason I'm here is because I found a script by Wyrelade that allows for the placement of a shadow graphic under the player character and any followers. Only it's not compatible with Pokemon Essentials, Just RMVX. I have Help-14's following script and the newest version of Essentials. It throws up a bunch of errors but its apparently 'plug and play'. Obviously I expected this to happen but with my limited scripting knowledge my tinkering didn't really do much. I know the code is for a different version of RPGmaker but they're both written in ruby shouldn't the basic concept be the same? I really believe that a talented scripter could get these to work together or even make a new script for XP based on this concept. And that brings me to why I posted, I need someones help. I would be extremely grateful If someone could try and tackle this problem with me. Here's a link to the script:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6873-wyrescripts-character-and-event-shadows/
Feel free to message me.

That's because it's a script for VX Ace. Not RPG Maker XP

korjamer
October 2nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.

joeyhugg
October 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
Did you read my post? I know that. Maybe I wasn't being clear.
I need a more advanced scripter's help to write a shadow code for essentials (which runs on xp) maybe using the other one as a starting point.

Ah, sorry. Those can be done in the graphics, just add semi-transparent shadows under the characters.

Maruno
October 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I don't think there's any difference between this thread and asking how to do things in the Essentials section. Thread closed.