• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hiya!

Years
Hiya! I'm thomasco2013! I've loved the pokemon series for a long time, ever since I played pokemon blue and gold! But this is the first time I've joined a pokemon forum! I came to ask questions about the series and rom hacks and programming one, and much more!

Years
Hi Thomas~! It's wonderful to meet you and welcome to PC. :)

Longtime fans are always welcome here! I've been a fan since Red and Blue came out in the US... which was a looong time ago. There are tons of others like us here on the forum but also lots of others who are newer fans, too. :3 Do you have a favorite game or anything? Maybe a favorite Pokemon, perhaps? And do you mostly just play the games or do you dabble in other parts of the franchise, like maybe the anime or cards sometime? Do share, I'd like to know! The games are amazing but personally I love the anime too, hehe. Oh, and the merchandise!

And neat, PC is a cool forum for first-timers. We're a big place with some of the coolest people and some really awesome forum themes. Plus we're the best place to go to for Pokemon-related ROM hacks and fangames, so you're in the right place. Any plans to make a game sometime or do you just play them? I joined only for Shiny Gold at first so hacking was a big thing for me a few years ago. But now that I've branched out and starting posting the experience has been so much better! You'll meet some awesome people during your stay here.

See you around Thomas! Hope you love this place as much as we all do and evolve into an active member! :D

Years
Well I've survived a day so I think we're good. Out of the whole series my favorite is the johto region related. Ds and gbc. Favorite pokemon is mew. I mostly stick to the games, once in awhile the anime . Also I do plan on some rom hacks but I need some help. Thanks for talking to me! I was worried that nobody would respond. But I have one question, I'm hacking pokemon gold but I'm not sure about what tools and exactly how to use them, like Goldmap events and pksv. Where could I askvthis or do you have some background on this? Thanks for everything so far!

Years
Hi Thomasco, welcome to PC, its great see i old fan of the series.

In the last times i have seen a lot of members interest in the hack rom theme, so i think you'll find comfortable here.

About your questions, like Cirno says, there's a special section to talk about roms hacking, for a quick reference for you this is the link:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156

The link will take you to the general section of hacking.

in the sub-forum you can see one for Tools, other for tutorials, etc.

By last, there's a thread for single question related with the world of emulation and rom hacking.

Back