• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Help with tilesets

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2013
    Hi. I would like to know how I can input hgss/dpp tilesets into rxmp. I'm new to this. Please and thank you :D. Also, where do people find the complete tilesets? I can't seem to find any..

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • To answer your question, no real "complete" HG/SS style tileset really exists; there are many private tilesets that are mostly custom in the same style as HG/SS and some that are attempts to be complete, but there are problems with them and you can see where this is going...
    To add a new tileset (I'm assuming you're using essentials) you put the tileset into the folder in "graphics"
    > "Tilesets"
    then you open your game in RMXP, choose from the toolbar tab at the top: "tools" > Materialbase > Tilesets
    then choose the tileset you added

once you've added the tileset go to: Tools > Database
    there you can add the auto tiles you want associated with the tileset and define where the player can walk and cannot walk etc

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • In addition to what SavingRaven said, you'll need to go to Tools > Material Database > Tilesets > Import and then import the tileset to get any sort of transparency whatsoever

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • In addition to what SavingRaven said, you'll need to go to Tools > Material Database > Tilesets > Import and then import the tileset to get any sort of transparency whatsoever

That's not true. I've never imported any of my stuff through the Material Database...ever. All my stuff has transparency/translucency where I want it to be. If you have a graphics editing software that can export your bmps/jpegs/pngs with transparencies (such as Adobe Fireworks), you'll be just fine.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • That's not true. I've never imported any of my stuff through the Material Database...ever. All my stuff has transparency/translucency where I want it to be. If you have a graphics editing software that can export your bmps/jpegs/pngs with transparencies (such as Adobe Fireworks), you'll be just fine.

I use it just for the convenience, its quicker for me since I don't like Photoshop >.>
    but you're absolutely right

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • That's not true. I've never imported any of my stuff through the Material Database...ever. All my stuff has transparency/translucency where I want it to be. If you have a graphics editing software that can export your bmps/jpegs/pngs with transparencies (such as Adobe Fireworks), you'll be just fine.

Ah, that's interesting to note. Apologies then, I wasn't aware of that!

Back