• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GTA V

Years

• Since this video was released, my hype level for GTA V has quickly raised. I was surprised to see there was no thread for it on here so here it is.​

- Are you planning on buying it?
    - What are you most looking forward to?
    - Will this delay your purchase of a PS4/XOne?

Personally I think this is shaping up to be the ultimate open world game. A lot of its competition can only dream of matching this (Just Cause is very limited and not as fun, Saints Row is just stupid now, Farcry can boast hunting but now GTA has it as well) and the developers can make the best of the software as it reaches the end of its life.

For me personally I might just wait to get a new console because due to this and Pokemon X, I don't think I'll be playing any other games. None of the launch titles for PS4 or Xbox One look nearly as exciting as this.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I've seen this game advertised on EBGames / Gamestop a lot, and, it does look pretty cool! I'm not all that familiar with the Grand Theft Auto games in general, but, if this does live up to the hype, then, I wouldn't mind giving this game a try!

Years
  • - Are you planning on buying it?
    Oh God yes, I like the franchise a lot anyway but this latest instalment looks fantastic.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to returning to San Andreas (or at least part of it). It is by far my favourite game location and I am looking forward to seeing it in these graphics.

Nope, I was already going to wait till much later than most so I can get through the PS3 games I like first.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • - Are you planning on buying it? - Eventually I may buy it. Just to play it for fun. About a year or so I would have immediately say yes, but due to my loss of interest for many other non-Pokemon games, I'm not too excited about it now as I would before, but like I mentioned I will buy it at least when it gets cheaper in price

- What are you most looking forward to? - anything in surprises - I want to be impressed and hopefully that "fun" I had with other games might return to me, but hopefully good selection of vehicles and good music on their radio.

- Will this delay your purchase of a PS4/XOne? - I don't plan on buying a PS4 or XOne anything, so I don't think this question is for me.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Yes! Absolutely yes! This looks like the ultimate open world game!
    As said in the post above me, I'm looking forward to surprises, because it seems like this game is going to have a lot of them.
    I wasn't planning on buying either of those.

Xolace

✿♥✿
    Years
  • I've played GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, and 4. Each game was always improved. GTA 5 however takes the cake. The whole damn cake. I've never been so excited for a GTA game in my life. I might even hold out on buying it just so I can experience it on the XBOX One.

Years
  • Are you planning on buying it?
    I already have, haha (well, pre-ordered it that is). Just the little information that we got earlier in the year and the Grand Theft Auto name was enough for me to jump on it.

What are you most looking forward to?
    I don't know if there's one certain thing that I'm looking forward to- I'm just excited in the package as a whole. If I had to narrow it down to a few reasons, I'd say that the varying main characters should give us quite an interesting experience, I'm looking forward to all of the improvements that've been implemented since GTA IV, and even the little things like the mini-games (golf, scuba diving, base jumping, etc.) should add a much longer shelf life to the game.

Will this delay your purchase of a PS4/XOne?
    I don't think GTA V will delay this at all, as I wasn't planning on getting either of the next-gen consoles for a while, anyway. By the time I finally jump on board with the PS4, I'll probably be done with most of what there is to do in GTA V, so I'm not really worried one way or the other.

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video

I can already see that this will be an awesome game. I am getting a 360 or a PS4 in August to be ready for this game.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

After this trailer, definitely! I wasn't quite sure if I'd want to spend the money on it, since IV was already a pretty good game with great online features, which is admittedly what I care the most for, but the expansive world that it seems like V is gonna provide may just have pushed me over the edge to the "I'm definitely gonna buy it" :p I've kinda been saving up for either a 3DS or a Wii U, since there are so many upcoming titles that I'm gonna want on those, which is why I've been reluctant, but it can definitely wait in favour of GTA, so I just hope I'm not gonna be disappointed :D

Everything to be honest. From the trailer alone, the entire game looks so awesome, the overworld, the new vehicles and features, and it seems like this game, unlike IV, may present an entertaining story mode. The missions in IV were kinda boring and repetitive, but in any case, just travelling around world is probably gonna be fun regardless, which is one of the main things I like to do in GTA games (definitely not alone here :p). The online multiplayer is however what I'm looking forward to the most, as it is with most games. I hate how alone I feel in most games, and even though we're gonna be constantly killing each other, I still like the feeling of having other people around :D

PS4 and XBone, definitely not. I wasn't planning on buying any of those two anytime soon, because it's not exactly anything I can afford at current time, and I waited several years before getting a PS3, so I'm sure I can do the same thing with these. It will however delay my purchase of the Wii U (it's also a next gen console :p). Basically, I feel like these last few days of the PS3 are bringing in some of the better titles (GTA V, The Last of Us, Black Flag, etc.) which is really a shame, but is also why I'm gonna wait a bit with getting a PS4 :)

Last edited:
    Back