• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unforgiving

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    What is the most difficult boss-type foe to beat, in your experience?

----

I would say the Brachydios of MH3U, which is almost a funny thing to say when talking about a series with so much fake difficulty. Thing is, Brachydios doesn't just do stupid OHKO crap like Fatalis. It's a genuinely challenging fight, especially if one uses a slow weapon, against an agile monster that can combo its moves like nothing else in the entire series. A lot of survival in MH is down to picking one's moments well, and Brachydios can really upset the typical patterns, which is great — it's as exciting as it is daunting.

Years
  • In Guild Wars 2, the Shadow Behemoth. Even though it's one of the first bosses you encounter, he gives you one heck of battle. The thing that made him the most challenging to defeat is the fact that he keeps interrupting your attacks whilst doing heavy damage to you at the same time, even though this happens every 10 seconds it still is a pain because you waste around 4-5 seconds to heal. Plus, he creates 3 circles that cause damage every second to you if you are in contact with it. At least the rewards are quite satisfying and it makes for a very interesting battle.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I would have to say the giant enemy crab in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is pretty unforgiving since it's a giant enemy crab and all.

In all seriousness though a pretty unforgiving boss fight imo would have to be the fight against Nicole in Dead Space 2 since in higher difficulties the packs of kiddie necromorphs she keeps throwing at you will eviscirate you in no time if you take your eye off of them for even a second while if you get close to Nicole she'll kill you instantly in a manner of speaking.

TY

Spoiler:

Saturn is a pain in the butt on solo, he launches so many missiles or suicide surveyors after you that you die so easy. I had way too much trouble with him in Borderlands 2 on my own, and even with a team this guy can be tough...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    In Guild Wars 2, the Shadow Behemoth. Even though it's one of the first bosses you encounter, he gives you one heck of battle. The thing that made him the most challenging to defeat is the fact that he keeps interrupting your attacks whilst doing heavy damage to you at the same time, even though this happens every 10 seconds it still is a pain because you waste around 4-5 seconds to heal. Plus, he creates 3 circles that cause damage every second to you if you are in contact with it. At least the rewards are quite satisfying and it makes for a very interesting battle.
    Oh, really? I guess they removed the interruption (unless you stand where its claws come down, a very specific two spots) with some update before I ever battled it. I never found its damage to be debilitating (though I can imagine how the portal spawns would be), but then again even if I'm scaled down, being both level 80 and defensively built means a lot. Your profession's regen heal skill (AFAIK they all have one) is probably the best bet for long boss fights.

I'd say the Balthazar meta-event is the hardest, even with a lot of players, since the Pact have this morale meter and more players mean more and stronger enemies, so unless everyone pulls their weight failure is quite probable. The Risen Priest of Balthazar himself is formiddable without a well-supported mob of players; has quite a bit of instant-kill stuff going on.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm not too sure whether they have made updates to SB, but I still found it very hard when I fought it. It may have been down to level/tactics/strength or something of the kind, which is most likely considering I was pretty poor at the game at the time. I did have a lot of problems with interruption generally so it might have been the fact that I was standing in the wrong area.

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • Anyone who plays Etrian Odyssey knows just how tough the bosses are on it. Most notably the wandering FOEs (for those who don't know, they act as basically wandering bosses that you have to be careful to not touch. If you touch them the first time you get to the area they're on, you WILL die. They're that strong).

In 3 though, not surprisingly, it's the final boss (or bosses, depending on which ending you go for) that are really difficult. I don't even know where to begin on describing how tough it was to take them down.

Back