• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Here!

Years
  • Hey everybody! The name's ShinyXander! I'm new here in PC, though I've viewed these forums quite a bit in the past. I decided now would be a good time to actually join the community! Let me say a little about myself! I am an avid Pokemon fan, but that much is probably a given. My favorite generation is probably generation II, though I did start at the very beginning with Red and Blue. I do play all generations still. I used to watch the anime, but I haven't in a while. I'm also starting up on YouTube and Twitter, just making little videos and posts about Pokemon and such when I'm up for it. My favorite Pokemon is Espeon and it has been for a while although I can't really pinpoint when it started.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions and/or comment on what I said. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Years
  • Hey there ShinyXander, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Yeah, I think we're all avid Pokémon fans here! :P And Generation II is probably my second favorite generation, but not to worry, you can discuss Generation II over here in Metal and Color Generation Gaming! And like you, I haven't watched the anime in a while either, because I have felt that in recent years, it's gotten rather corny for me, and I actually stopped watching it regularly after halfway through Battle Dimension. I started up again with the B/W original anime and lasted that series, but then I just stopped again after that and haven't started back up since. And if Espeon is your favorite, be sure to check out our Eeveelution fan club here where you can discuss all things Espeon (and all other Eeveelutions)! (:

As a reminder, please be sure you look at the rules here, so that you do not wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here is new members getting an infraction onto their profiles by committing repeated offenses, and I have my hopes you aren't one of those people ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are identifiable as the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may need it! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, ShinyXander! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either sending me a PM and or leaving a VM on my profile if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Years
  • Thank you so much for the introduction to the site and helpful links! It's making it a lot easier to find pages that interest me and that I can relate to!

I also started up with the original B/W anime, and that lasted a little while, but I didn't end up sticking to it. I just never had enough motivation, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks again Zach!

Years
  • Hey there ShinyXander! Any Espeon fan is totally cool in my book, so great to meet you. I've always wanted a shiny Espeon but most of my shiny Eevees are males and I'd prefer a female Espeon.. :( But one of these days I shall definitely get one! One of these days...

Now is definitely a good time to join with all the hype surrounding X and Y and technical issues being worked on , so it's great to finally have you here. It took me a whole five years to actually start posting more on PokeCommunity so you certainly can't be any worse than that, ahahah. The second generation was especially awesome and is quite popular among the fandom.. but personally I didn't think HeartGold or SoulSilver were as good as G/S/C, as awesome as they were. I did really enjoyed HG but Crystal still holds a special place in my heart. I'm sure you'd be welcome in our Metal/Color Generation Gaming board, as Zach said, but if you're into the remakes as well then we have a lovely Fourth Generation Gaming section to check out as well.

You seem like a swell person and it's wonderful to hear that you're looking forward to being here! People like that have a better experience. You'll have myriads of Pokemon boards to try out since you're a big fan so be sure to look around. :D Stinks you're not into the anime so much anymore, though in the case that you want to chat about it, we have a great Pokemon Anime board for people to check out. The earlier seasons are really popular around here so you're more than welcome to discuss those if they're your preference. Unova was pretty all right though I admittedly fall out of watching as the show went on. Seeing older characters like Ash's Charizard return was quite the pleasant surprise, however.

Have a great time here and see you around, all right? Hopefully you stick around for a long, long while. I'm around if you're ever looking for a friend or need some help so keep that in mind and message me whenever if you like. :) Have fuuun!

Back