• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Venturing into the tall grass...

Years
Hey all! :happy2: I've joined up here because I was getting sick of having no one to talk about Pokemon with, especially with the new games coming up soon. This site is a little overwhelming, as I'm used to little community forums, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

So, a little about me. I'm 22, been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue came out in the UK (I had Blue, my little bro had Red), and have had almost every major installment (sadly I missed Emerald) while my little brother and everyone around me grew out of it.
My favourite region is still Kanto, for my glasses, zey are rose-tinted.
I'm pretty big into bug Pokemon, my team on Black 1 is solely comprised of them.
I'm not competitive, as I tend to be one of those losers that uses his favourites instead of what is most useful online :P

Here's a little thingy of some of my favourite Pokemon:
60520_194252027408325_1199238554_n.jpg

Anyway, nice to meetcha all! :15:

Last edited:
Years
Hey there Quetzal, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Ahh, your story of getting Red and your brother getting blue is comparable to a similar situation I had! Except mine involves the second generation, where I got Gold and my brother got Silver. Coincidentally, my brother grew out of Pokémon as well, but I'm still into it. Anyways, if you ever wish to discuss Red and Blue, feel free to check out our Metal and Color Generation Games section, where you can discuss the original games with other members here! We also happen to have a Bug type fan club here you can join where you can discuss your favorite type with other fans of bugs, too! Feel free to look around the rest of the site, as we have a whole lot to offer here, and we're always booming with posts since we are an international community! Also, we're very nice here and the staff is very good in removing those who cause trouble, so feel free to make yourself at home and I can guarantee you will make some friends in no time! (:

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure that you look at the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here is a new member getting an infraction placed onto their profile, but I doubt you're one of those people ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may need it! We also have the Community Questions & Feedback section here on PC if you ever have a general question to the forum or you want to provide some feedback! :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Quetzal! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever want to chat with me! ^_^

Years
Hi there Quetzal! <3 I want to start off by saying that I think your avatar is wonderful, love it!

Aww I'm 22 as well, looks like we already have a bit in common. I started with R/B myself.. though luckily I had no siblings at the time so sharing wasn't required. :D; But my gosh your favorite Pokemon of each type are so similar to what I'd pick, haha. Glaceon, Sandshrew, Squirtle, Flygon, Leafeon, Ampharos.. all some of the best Pokemon we have. Our bug type fanclub is certainly lucky to have a big bug type lover get involved and you'll definitely enjoy the many topics they encompass over in that club. Galvantula is one of the best bug Pokemon the series has, though I personally adore guys like Scoliopede and Beautifly. Using your favorites is the best way to go so high-five for going down that route.

It's wonderful to have such a big Pokemon fan join us and I'm sure you'll find this place really great for someone like yourself. It can be a bit intimidating but I wouldn't worry at all - the community's friendly and very accepting of new people. It took me a while to settle in as a new member since I'd been so shy at first, hence why I want to push all of you new guys to post around and put yourself out there. There really are so many discussions to participate in and lovely people to meet. :) Be sure to look around places like Pokemon Gaming Central as well as Pokemon General for very thorough discussions on the series; they'd probably be wonderful places for you.

And while you're at it, you can drop me or the lovely Zach a message anytime! Everyone's friendly and we're always here to chat if you're looking for a special little buddy. This place is pretty easy to settle into, bar the first day or two of getting to understand the rules and where everything's located.

Hugs to you, Quetzal! Be sure to stick around and have an amazing stay! You're pretty much required to leave since you'd otherwise be wasting such an amazing name, hehe.

Years
Thanks a bunch Cirno! You have great taste! Squirtle was my very first Pokemon, so he has a special place. Sandshrew I've loved ever since that episode in the first season of the anime, with AJ the indie gym leader :laugh:
And my Leafeon/Glaceon double team is just awesome, I've been using them off and on since I first got Pearl.

I'm glad everyone is so friendly so far :happy2:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Greetings Quetzal, if you really love talking about the upcoming XY games, the XY thread should be your favorite then :P

And also I don't know if it's still active or active at all in that very matter but we also have/had a bug Pokemon fan club in the Pokemon club section :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here, Quetzal. Btw is that name taken from the mythical creature Quetzalcoatl, by any chance? :)

Years
You're close! Quetzal is actually the name of the species of bird in my avatar, which was itself named after Quetzalcoatl, the mesoamerican snake god. Thanks for welcoming me by the way! :happy2:

Years
Sounds like you're catching bug fever! Soon you'll find yourself in the National Park every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday giving Pinsirs hugs! :laugh: Thanks for your welcome!

Back