• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Accessories?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • 318662-10-useless-video-game-accessories-of-legend.jpg

Do you have any video gaming accessories? What were your most favourite / least favourite ones, and how did they effect your overall video gaming experience?

Feel free to talk about anything video-game accessory related here!

Years
  • I like to collect a lot of gaming merchandise. Recently I've spent a bit of money on Far Cry 3 items to scatter around my room, I normally do this with games I like. I have a few plushies; Nintendo and Pokemon which are laying at the end of my bed quite happily!

Now for the more accessory-ish things, I have a Turtle Beach X12 headset, it isn't one of the best ones for me but it works really well for me and I don't require anything more than this. I have a 360 controller to use for the PC games for which it is compatible with, makes life a lot easier than playing with a keyboard because a lot of people use controllers and not having one is considered a disadvantage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to have a wireless adapter for my Game Boy. It allowed you to connect one GBA to another wirelessly, which was much better than the link cable. For my Xbox, I used to have a Turtle Beach headset. I gave it away to my cousin, though, because I just didn't use it as much as I thought I would. Plus, my cousin is a big Call of Duty player, so he needed it more than I did. ^^" For Wii U, I have a classic controller. It's very comfortable to play games with it. Also, for my GameCube, I've had a microphone, a link cable, and a GBA player.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I'm building my own fight stick for my PS3 and it's pretty cool so far but I had issues with somebody over a faceplate so I'm waiting on the new one to come. Aside from that, I don't really have much. Everything is pretty standard, even my mouse.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i have a lot of accessories for all of my systems. my ps3 has just a stand for the controllers. for my 3ds, i just have two bags to hold everything in.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    The console I've been involved with most was probably the GameCube, and so I owned a few accessories for it. If I remember correctly, I had the link cable to acquire Jirachi from the Pokemon Colosseum event. Pretty sure I had the GBA player as well, and used it often. I absolutely loved the compatibility of those two consoles. Other than that, I don't think I've bought any. I'm just not finding a need for anything extra as of late, haha. I'm sure eventually I'll find some useless article that I know I must have, but for now I'm content with what I've got.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I had a portable screen that attached to my GameCube so I could play it anywhere I went, as long as there was a power source. I also had one for my PS2. I have a GBA-to-GameCube cord that allows the two devices to communicate with each other, but I use it with my Wii. I also had two wireless adapters for my GBAs. They came with my FireRed and LeafGreen Versions.

Those screens for my PS2 and GameCube were lifesavers. I remember playing games in the car and bringing them to other peoples' houses so I wouldn't hog up one of their TVs.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Turtlebeach for my XB. I can hear a pin drop.

But my favorite is the subtly in conversation between NPC that I couldn't hear before. Like a grunt or a sigh before they speak.

I heard an RC-XD car in Black Ops and started looking around in a panic, getting ready to explode. Only to realize it was outside the building I was in and 30 meters out, at least.

Back