• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokéfan!

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
Years
  • Hey everyone! Newbie here! I'd like to start off the intro with a bit of Pokémon background on myself.

I've been playing Pokémon for some time now. I'd say about 8 years sounds about right. My first handheld Pokémon game was Ruby version, which explains my obsession over the Advance generation. As far as the Anime goes, I've never really been too much of a hardcore watcher. A few episodes here and there will do plenty to tide me over. I've never read the manga. but I've heard great things about it, and it's never too late to start.

I'm really happy to be apart of the community here, and can't wait to start poring!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hey there Paperhat! Welcome to PC man!

I've been into Pokemon as a whole for over 14-15 years, but no matter. We've both been playing watching Pokemon for a long while. I got in to it through the anime in 1998/1999. I didn't get my first game, Red, till 2000 so I've only been playing the games for about 13. I do have fond memories of the Advanced Generation though. I did have a GBA when Ruby and Sapphire came out, but I did manage to get Sapphire years later. My first gen III game was FireRed, but I didn't experience Hoenn till Emerald. And I think it's Hoenn that makes em love the Advanced Generation so good cause that region is beautiful! I'd love it if RS were remade on 3DS cause they'd be even more gorgeous in 3D! Anyway, you should check out the Advanced Generation section we have. Best place to talk about the best generation in my opinion!

There's other forums for Pokemon gaming too of course. There's all sorts of forums here for Pokemon and even forums for things not related to Pokemon. I think the variety we have is good cause sometimes we need to talk about more than Pokemon, you know. It's good to have more than one interest and I'm sure you're like that. Being a part of the community won't be hard if you explore the boards. :) We're a friendly place too so it should be hard to start a conversation with most people here. A lot of us are nice! (Of course at any place online you might run into a few not so nice people.) You can send me a message and chat anytime and we can be friends too. :3

See you around posting Paperhat! If you're lost or have any concerns, you can always just post them in the Questions & Feedback section. Right next to the moderators , that is the best to get an any for your questions. Have an enjoyable experience and have fun posting!

Years
  • Good morning Paperhat545, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Looks like my good friend [supporter]AWSquared[/supporter] has shown you around on what we have to offer here at PC, but I went ahead and made a pit stop to welcome you personally myself! :3 My first game was Gold, but like you, my favorite generation is the third generation of Pokémon, simply because of the features it has to offer (from the battle frontier to the contests, and even the additional HM, Dive was a nice touch). I have also transferred my Pokémon from generation to generation as well since the 3rd generation because I want to be reminded at how good of a generation the 3rd generation was. And I'm super upset that my Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald versions are all misplaced somewhere in my house or just gone :( And as for the anime, I used to watch it all the time when it came on Kids WB back in the early-to-mid 2000s so I was caught up from Seasons 3-9 with the anime, but I continued from Seasons 9-11 when the series moved on over to Cartoon Network. So yeah, I'm not much of a fan to the current anime :P

Anyways, as a reminder, please be sure to look at the rules if you haven't already done so, so that you do not wind up getting into trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here of new members is them getting an infraction onto their profile simply by breaking a rule repeatedly, but I have my hopes you aren't that kind of person! ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in contacting anyone around here on staff! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may possibly need them! And, as Aaron suggested above, we do have the CQ&F section for you questions as well for feedback and suggestions relevant to the forums here!

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Paperhat545! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either sending me a PM and or leaving a VM on my profile if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

Paperhat545

The Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, guys! I'll check out that Advanced Generation forum you recommended, AWsquared. And Zach, I've just checked the rules. There seems to be no rule I have a problem with :) I really can't wait to start getting involved in this community I feel so welcome in! :D

Years
  • It's always great to meet more advance generation fans. <3 The third generation will always be my very favorite despite what people say.. the Pokemon and region design might have been "odd" to some, but I think it makes sense given the tropical-like setting of the region. What's your favorite Pokemon from this generation? I have a huge soft spot for awesome guys like Flygon, Absol, Metagross, and Milotic. Always great to have more fans here and the Advance Generation board will be quite lucky to have you around. Quite lucky indeed! :)

Being a fan for such a long time is great; we have that in common too. I'm sure you're going to love the many Pokemon gaming threads we have around here if you're so into the games and it's totally okay if you prefer that for the most part. The manga is indeed wonderful though.. I read the Kanto saga and let me say that it was wonderful. Definitely never too late to start and you might just get hooked if you do, hehe. But that's just my inner fan speaking! Just be sure to keep on posting around here and such, all right? There's a whole lot to do like joining a Pokemon club or discussing X and Y.. on that note, are you as excited about the sixth generation as we are? There's so much hype around these games and I've been dying for more news. Might be better to stay away though, that way you go into the game more blindly, but it's just so hard to stop since there are such amazing things being revealed. Of course there are many off-topic boards to try out whenever as well so go ahead and take that dive into the waters of PC.

You sound like you're already fitting in very well, though. Love the username, too! A big welcome to the forum and have a great stay here. I'm always here if you need a friend to guide you around so don't be scared to talk to me or anyone else. You'd be surprised with the responsiveness of the forum!

Cheers, have a great time, and high-five~ :3

Back