• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cosplay

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
  • Saw a thread just like this in the Pokemon section, why not here?

Have any of you, your friends, or your family cosplayed as a video game character before? Have you seen one at a con that look absolutely astounding? How out downright terrible? Do you plan on dressing up as a character for upcoming cons? Share with us here! Any tips for future video game cosplayers are great as well!

I'm planning on cosplaying as Desmond Miles for two cons with my friend, even though I'm the complete wrong gender and body type. Oh well. The great thing about modern-day character costumes is that you rarely have to make anything yourself. I know that sounds lazy, but I know nothing about stitching/clothes making/etc and I can easily order the clothing I need online. I've finally raised enough money to order the two final pieces (his hoodie and backpack) on Amazon. I'm debating whether or not to save an extra $50 on a hidden blade. Sure, it'll be more accurate, but it isn't a necessary piece and the costume will look fine without it.

For anyone also planning on cosplaying as Desmond - If you want a hidden blade but lack the supplies to make one, buy the Ezio Hidden Blade Gauntlet on Amazon/any other online shopping site. You can take the "metal" armor piece off so it looks identical to Desmond's.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I did two Pokemon-related cosplays. The first time I went as Morty, and the second time I went as Steven. Since my hair wasn't as long back then, I wore wigs. The Steven costume was very hard to make.

My best friend did a cosplay of Will. His costume looked awesome. His hair is already long, so he used temporary hair dye to color it purple. His older sister did a Karen cosplay to go with it.

(I refuse to use dye on my hair. I've been nervous about it ever since I read Anne of Green Gables, where the main character dyes her hair black and it comes out green and her guardian has to cut it short. My friends always tell me that dye works for them, but I just don't listen.)

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Actually, I have!

For the final year of secondary school, the class takes on the teachers in a soccer game.

It's customary for the class to dress up funny.

A friend of mine and myself went as Mario and Luigi, respectively.
    156202_387835414592010_672311903_n.jpg
    (I hope that's right...)

The costumes aren't perfect, but hey, it was for fun :)

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
    Years
  • once my mum woke me up dressed as pikachu
    i was 5 and she took me to school wearing it

Back