• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breloom Team (OU)

MrBananaMan212

Original User Title
Years
  • So I decided to make another team, this one being centered around Breloom. I literally just made this team, so I haven't gotten to play with it yet. I will post more when I have. So, on with the team!

At a Glance:
    Breloom Team (OU)
    Breloom Team (OU)
    Breloom Team (OU)
    Breloom Team (OU)
    Breloom Team (OU)
    Breloom Team (OU)

A Closer Look:

Breloom Team (OU)

Breloom @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    So, this is the star of the show team. Breloom uses spore and enemy falls asleep. When opponent switches, Breloom SDs. After that, Mach punch until you win :P (or bullet seed when applicable). But seriously, +2 Technician STAB Priority +1 is awesome.

Breloom Team (OU)

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    Terrakion is pretty much just here to set up the Rocks. Taunt makes it so that other entry hazard users can't do their job and the other two moves are to kill things with Terrakion's good attack once he got the rocks up. Rocks help Breloom do his job easier.

Breloom Team (OU)

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird
    Skarmory is to be a defensive wall as well as set up some spikes. Whirlwind is for stalling with SR and Spikes (though this will probably not be done much. Roost is for recovery (ofc). Brave Bird is another move I will probably not use a lot but is there anyways.

Breloom Team (OU)

Scizor @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower
    The first half of any VoltTurn core. Also is a good sweeper. Bullet punch for a good stab priority move. U-turn is for psychic types and free switching too. Pursuit is also for psychic types but ones that are predicted to be switching. Superpower is for just a high power Fighting move.

Breloom Team (OU)

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Toxic
    Heatran is really helpful. Heatran's Flash Fire makes him immune to fire moves and is awesome considering my team is based on a part grass type. Fire blast is for a good stab and is good against things like Jirachi. Earth power is good against opposing fires. HP Ice gets dragons and pokes like Gliscor. Toxic is just for residual damage usefulness.

Breloom Team (OU)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    The other half of a VoltTurn core. Volt Turn helps for pretty much the same reason u turn is good for (switching and attacking) but this one is based off special and is electric so that is good. Hydro Pump is for good stab and high power move. WilloWisp is for useful burn for physical attackers and residual damage. HP Ice is for same reasons with heatran but just a backup in case Heatran goes down.

Thank you for reading!

Exportable:
    Breloom @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Mach Punch
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost
    - Brave Bird

Scizor @ Choice Band
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 232 HP / 56 SAtk / 220 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • This team looks great, I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to rate teams so I won't say much.

I use the same set on my Breloom, and it works great! My Breloom has won many games with its trusty Mach Punch.

Personally I would go with a Swords Dance set on Scizor but you mentioned that Breloom was the star, so I guess you don't want Scizor sweeping.

Also, you might want to consider adding a Baton Passer with Substitute and some various stat boosting moves to up Breloom's sweeping potential.

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Personally I would go with Swords Dance on Scizor but you mentioned that Breloom was the star, so I guess you don't want Scizor sweeping.
    If Scizor has a Choice Band, he really shouldn't put Swords Dance on it, since then it would just be stuck like that. But it could potentially work with Life Orb or Leftovers, and maybe even Roost, as a bulkier sweeper.

Also, you might want to consider adding a Baton Passer with Substitute and some various stat boosting moves to up Breloom's sweeping potential.
    That is possible, although Breloom isn't great at switching in on Baton Pass, because it's pretty fragile tbh.

This team is pretty good, the only thing that really sticks out in my mind is you might run into trouble with a sun team (three fire-type weaknesses, Rotom and Terrakion being weak to some Chlorophyll sweepers), but they're not that common and they're not usually all that good, so I'm sure you'll find your own way to counter it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    The biggest issue i can spot is Thundurus-T, if it gets in on Skarm and gets an agility its basically GG.

Id consider replacing Terrakion for Memoswine and putting Stealth Rock on Heatran.

Mamoswine@Leftovers/Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Thick Fat
    - Ice Shard
    - Icicle Crash
    - Earthquake
    - Icicle Spear / Stone Edge

Icicle Spear Ko's sub Gliscor, Sub nite and sub chomp before they can do anything.

Ice Shard also helps with Tornadus/Dragonite whom are also an issue as they can just spam Hurricane and 2hko everything at worst, this is compounded in rain.

Another problem i can see is nothing can switch into Keldeo, Starmie or Specs Politoed....period which is definitely concerning considering how common they are. Jellicent may be very useful over Rotom for its resistances/Water Absorb and ability to block rapid spin and Ferrothorn may work over Skarmory to beat Starmie.

Jellicent@Leftovers
    248 HP / 216 Def/ 44 Spd
    Bold Nature
    Trait: Water Absorb
    - Recover
    - Night Shade
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Taunt

Works decently. Night Shade lets it beat sub Keldeo. Alternately you could experiment with a specs set or something.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
    252 Hp / 88 Def / 168 Sp.Def
    Relaxed Nature
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect / Thunderwave

Yeaaaah.

So to sum up the changes

Breloom
    Mamoswine
    Ferrothorn
    Jellicent
    Scizor
    Stealth Rock on Heatran

Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I agree with Dark Azelf here. I was just going to mention that having Jellicent on your team will cover up your team's weakness to Fighting so that you have perfect defensive synergy.

Back