• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon quotes?

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2014
    What do you think are the best things ever said in Pokémon?
    It can be from the episodes, games, movies, and I'll even accept fanfiction and roleplay quotes.

My favorite is:

"We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?"
    ― Meowth

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    "I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant,
    it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." Mewtwo

"Even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other.
    There are two sides to any argument.
    Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some though." Alder

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    xD Actually. You can. If you are a good lesbian! nvm just had to point it out haha

There are many good things said in pokémon, mostly in the games and manga and movies. The general anime wasn't too deep, most of the time imo.

For me, it's not specific quotes and words I remember, it's more like specific scenes or events that I really like. Such as when Bianca talks with her father in BW, or when the group of pokémon stands looking at a beautiful lake in PMD2 after finding out about the first Time Gear... if I remember correctly. When this song plays! Serene moments when characters say wise, serene things. Most of the pokémon movies have those, as seen from some of the quotes above, especially the first movie which was all about identity and the right to exist. And some things said at the endings of each Pokémon Adventures arc are really heart-tugging or gets you thinking. Still, I'm bad at remembering them specifically.

But the most memorable quote from the games for me is:

screen-shot-2011-03-04-at-8-10-43-pm_528_poster.png

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • By far my favorite quotes in Pokemon comes from Team Rocket(Jessie and James) in the anime.

"Hey get lost you old bat!" ~ James(Season 1, "The Ultimate Test" as he shoos off Jessie without realizing it's her).

I love Jessie and James they are hilarious! In the episode "The Ghost at Maidens Peak" Jessie and James say more funny quotes. THese are the instances that come to mind right off the bat.

Years
  • I love many quotes throughout the anime which were given by some big names like Alder, Cynthia where they advise Ash and Co. how to care for Pokemon and what are Pokemons for them too. So no specifics here.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They're comfy and easy to wear!

Actually, my favourite comes from Karen in GSC. Always liked it when I first read it as a kid.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

I think it represents Pokemon well in a way. You have 649 - and soon 700+ - critters to choose from. Some are stronger than others, but sometimes ones I like aren't strong - they just have a nice design or whatnot. And using something you like and winning in the end (especially for ingame when it doesn't matter 'as much')...well, that can

Back