• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello :)

Years
  • Hi

My name is Kieran and I came across these forums when taking inspiration to join one in wait of the new Pokemon games being released very soon.

I'm no stranger to internet forums and in fact I'm an ex-admin on a forum similar in size to this one. Before becoming admin, I was a moderator for 3 years and helped implement and improve upon the site for the people using it. And now, I am a member on those forums for 5 years.

I hope that this is somewhere else I can come and chill. I like spending time on a forum; to get to know other people and enjoy similar interests.

Thank-you for reading!

Years
  • Hello Kieran and welcome!

Nice to see more people coming here, and I was kinda surprised your username wasn't taken yet given I saw someone with a similar name here but had numbers added on to it. And nice to hear you've had experience on other forums so I'm sure you won't have problems fitting in here too. Also, you were staff on some of those forums? That's pretty good so I guess that means you won't have issues following rules here.

And no surprise you joined for Pokemon X & Y, we've been getting loads of new members coming in to speculate on the new games and given only 12 days until release it's a sure sign that the mad rush of people coming here is only going to grow even more. We have a section dedicated to the 6th Generation right over here, and what are you liking about X & Y the most? Any thoughts on which of the new Pokemon you like? But yeah, I do hope to see you around the forums and if you have questions don't hesitate to contact a staff member. Have fun!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Hello Kieran how are you ? & welcome to PC and hope you find this place amezing. Its one of the best place to discuss
    about Pokemon hacking and completing your Pokedex, battaling making hack etc etc. There are Forum for everything. After you Spend 3 months here you can make your own hack and publish it to public and you also make thread in team discussion and talk anything,share anything you want with people's around the world. so far you will make good friends and don't be shy to give me friend request! posting very good can also reward you a very good gift. The super Moderator will choose who post very good and can make them Moderator. Please read the rules of Pokecommunity (or PC in short) and all the rules of the forum written by the Moderator of the sub forum. A Super moderator can handle all forum.
    i know you don't want have A Yellow Card, So i know you will obey the rules of PC. Just don't give up Make threads and Post on other's Threads.

Now here are some forum you can visit

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 The Welcome Louge

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238 GEN IV Sub Forum

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164 GEN III Sub Forum

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 Pokemon Anime Ssub Forum

http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156 Emulation & RomHacking Forum

Years
  • I was quite surprised myself to see the username wasn't taken. It popped up green telling me it was valid so I'm happy :)

Yeah, I've had 5 years worth of experience on the other forum and during that time, I went from Moderator to Supermod to Admin to Supermod to Admin to a VIP member. (I needed a break from all the work!) I think I enjoy the community aspect a lot with these type of forums. It's nice to see people getting along.

With X & Y at the moment, I'm definitely looking forward to the new dynamic the game has taken on. Having new 3D graphics will give the series a more revolutionary feeling to it. I was disappointed with Black and White/2 because it didn't give me the feeling of wanting to progress. I do have high hopes for this next game though.

Rhytham - I'm good thank-you. Thanks for your advice. I've never really been in to the hacking side of things but that won't stop me from taking a look at all the different sections here!

Years
  • There are so many good names untaken here so that's a pretty big pro to joining PC. Kind of wish I signed up with a different username. xD; Your name's lookin' awesome. Welcome to the forum!

Cool that you have so much forum experience; I've been on forums actively for a few years but never got involved in Pokemon ones until 2010 or so. It's been such a great ride since and it's very hard to rip yourself away from this community as I've gotten so attached and made so many friends. You'll likely experience something similar if you stick around! Being a staff for forums really makes you feel accomplished too, despite it just being a forum, since you get to help out a community you know and love so much. It's why I really love being a moderator here.

Agreed that the 3D graphics in X/Y are looking great, though! It is so exciting to think about October coming tomorrow (or it might be here already depending on where you live). So so exciting! :o

Have a lovely stay here and see you around, all right? Hope you enjoy this place!

Years
  • Thank-you! I wasn't expecting everyone to be so surprised with the eligibility of my name haha.

I had that same feeling. I love making useful changes and being able to be there for the members if they want to talk, need advice or pretty much anything else. I'm going to have to get used to being a normal member again! I'm glad you like moderating here. It really is a nice thing to be able to do.

I should probably update my profile to state where I live. Haven't really looked in to the user options though I'd imagine I'll know where everything is.

But thanks a lot for your welcome! :D

Back