• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Less of B2/W2?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Any one else play less of B2/W2 than B/W?

I didn't want to transfer all of my pokemon in Black in to White 2. Anyone else feel the same?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Judging the two games, since the plot in BW2 is more updated than in BW1, then I think it makes sense to have my Pokemon in BW2 while there's a lot more stuff to explore after the game. More areas to explore, more places to train Pokemon, it's like Unova had an upgrade, really. xD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • B2W2 is the better game, as usual with premium versions. Better story in BW isn't enough to make me choose it over B2W2.

Years
  • B2W2 is the better game, as usual with premium versions. Better story in BW isn't enough to make me choose it over B2W2.

Basically what he said.

While I enjoyed B/W's story, B2/W2 had more stuff to do and greater Pokemon selection. I hardly ever touched my original Black after I started playing Black 2.

Years
  • I definitely played more Black 2 than I did Black, mostly because of the expanded storyline and the fancier graphics to the game had appealed to me (including the animated sprites).

Sirfetch’d

I definitely played more of the originals, haha. I just was overall disappointed by the sequels here. I don't necessarily think it was because the storyline was bad, but just because I had grown old of Unova. This resulted in me never completing my White 2 game while I had well over 100 hours on my original White version.

Years
  • I definitely played more of the originals, haha. I just was overall disappointed by the sequels here. I don't necessarily think it was because the storyline was bad, but just because I had grown old of Unova. This resulted in me never completing my White 2 game while I had well over 100 hours on my original White version.

This was the same thing for me. I played BW1 for hours! But when I got BW2... I guess the 100+ hours I played on the original BW1 made me bored of BW2 and Unova. I like how they added more content in BW2 yes, but it felt like I was playing more or less the same thing. the same reason why I never bought platinum, crystal or any of those kind of 'enhanced' versions.

Last edited:

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
    Years
  • I get where you're coming from, buuut... You can't battle Wallace and Red in vanilla Black & White, so I mean, you know, let's consider this!

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
  • I loved BW2 to bits, it's probably at this point one of my favourite games from the pokemon franchise as a whole, naturally by this logic I played more of them than the originals.

Typhon

'sup
    Years
  • I had thoroughly went through B/W, completing the whole Pokédex and having a TON of boxes. I also had a team of Lvl. 100s. I only beat B2 like... 4 months ago even though I had it for a year... now, since I have more things on my White I'd prefer to stay with that stuff.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Put it this way, I started a new file in my White last year and haven't gotten any further than Castelia City. I bought White 2 earlier this year and finished it within the span of a week or two. My White 2 would definitely be my main game where I keep everything. That said, once I finished it and did some post-game stuff, I haven't really played it since. So whatever I have in my [incomplete] White that I would want to trade over, it's still in my White. Now I can't be bothered with it anymore, since I'd just rather move it all to my Y once the PokéBank and Transporter become available.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I played more of Black 2 rather than in the original White, because the B2W2 definitely have more features than in original BW.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It'd make sense to have more play time on B2/W2 than Black/White, since there's way more stuff to do in Black2/White2.

The crazy thing is, I have 600 hours on my White (which I think is the most out of any Pokémon game I've played), and 346 hours on my Black2. And I don't get why. WTF was I doing the whole time? Did I really spend THAT much time EV training and trying to beat the Battle Subway on White?

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I love BW2, but I wanted to battle N more and see my old charachter, but I guess there'd have to be 2 and they'd have to be nameless. I still love BW2 a lot more that the originals.

RimasLT

My beautiful - Mazda 323F <333
    Years
  • BW2 because I finished it first. I just can't play BW1 for the f**** sake, its the same game & less fun ( dot ) .

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    I don't think so.. Its the same for me although in breeding-wise, I like BW much better because I can RNG with ease on breeding. BW2 was a mess whenever I try to RNG breeding on it...

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I actually didn't like Black/White at all (except N, he was cool). I did LOVE Black2/White2 because they were better built from the foundation up. Vanilla BW were not terrible games, but they felt empty to me. B2W2 embraced the Pokemon Series as a whole, and brought together everyone from old school gamers to the newest players of the game. I only play vanilla BW just to say that I at least experienced it, while on the other end of the spectrum, I have Black 2 with 600+ hours of gameplay, while my white 2 has 400+. That's over 1,000 hours of playtime. I have spent more than 41 full days on Pokemon Black2 and White 2 alone!

Back