• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon lover in a sea of dudes

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you generally have a lot of people around you who also like pokémon? Hanging around as a regular on a pokémon forum like PC isn't the most common thing to do, maybe. But are you enjoying pokémon mostly alone or online, or do you have friends who enjoy pokémon in some form as well? Be it the games, anime or even something like fellow forum-goers.

I for one know some people who could probably name most pokémon today, but it's not like I discuss X/Y with them or anything like that. Those friends and me, we mostly just nod appreciatively and understandingly when something about pokémon is referenced and we both get it :p The reason I once came to PC was pretty much because I didn't have anyone IRL to discuss with.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm friends with a few people who are Pokémon fans, but they just aren't as knowledgeable on it as most people here on PC, since they don't stay up-to-date. The last Pokémon game that they've ever played was, I believe, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, which were released approximately five years ago. Some haven't even played since Gold, Silver, and Crystal. As for the anime… they used to watch it when they were kids, but now, not anymore. d: They just aren't a big of a Pokémon fan as I am, and due to that, I prefer not to discuss anything Pokémon with them.

When I was younger, I used to have a cousin who I played Pokémon games and watched anime episodes with, but unfortunately, she's no longer around. She's moved to Los Angeles when I was about eight or ten. Even if she was around, I don't think it'd totally matter, as she's lost her interest in Pokémon. xD" Maybe I could've persuaded her and brought her back into it, but I'm not sure if it would work or not.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Let's face it, I'm a person who has literally no-one she knows in real life who plays Pokemon. I constantly get mocked for still being a Pokemon fan in my 20's, and my brother did play for a while but then we lost him to the realm of FPS games like Call of Duty.

And ever since I left school I have still failed to find a single person in real life who plays Pokemon.

Sinjuda

Newbie Breeder
    Years
  • Being a person who enjoys anime, gaming I found alot of real people who play pokemon/3ds also. Being 22 it's something people either relate or hate. Surprisingly when i went to gamestop with a friend to pick our copies up everyone was 18+ getting it lol.

Although its harder to find guys who enjoy them.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind hanging out with other people that enjoy Pokemon, I can't seem to find any in Seattle, so for now I just like Pokemon by myself.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I only know one person (real life) who plays Pokemon once in a while (on emulators though). Most people stopped playing after Gen 2, and the remaining crowd after Gen 3. Thanks to the internet, I can discuss Pokemon with a lot of people, so I know a lot of Pokemon players outside of Pokemon forums.

I wanted to introduce my girlfriend to the games once, but one of her friend is a moron and kept blabbing about Pokemon 24/7 so she hates Pokemon because of him.

(also being a minority of people with a DS/3DS who plays Pokemon at my place is suffering. So many features I can't use because of the wireless thingies)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    For five long years after the Pokémon craze hit my schoolmates they stopped playing and said it was childish. Recently they've started again and they seem(?) to enjoy it. I don't seem to understand why they picked it again but they're alright now, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I know no one around my age who likes Pokemon, except for one person who I don't talk to anyway.

I couldn't care less anyway. Now that I beat X/Y I'm going back to not caring for the series at all.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • So far as I know, no one in my circle of friends is into Pokemon. I've got a couple of gamer friends, but all of them think it's unnatural that anyone over the age of 10 should be able to list off more than three pokemon species off the top of their head, let alone the over three-hundred that I was able to do one night when drunk out of my skull. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I have a few friends that still play Pokemon. There is also a group of people who chills at the college cafeteria who plays Pokemon so when one of my friends are there I just chill with him and his group of friends. Yay for knowing people who have no lives I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    There are a few people at my school who play the GBA Pokemon games on Emulators on their iPads/iPhones, but I don't talk to them because they're annoying >.> My friend loves Pokemon though, and that's kind of how we became such good friends LOL. It's fun because I know stuff that she doesn't, like how to breed Pokemon or how to get Shiny Pokemon, and I teach her how to do that.

Sirfetch’d

I used to have a group of friends that played Pokemon well into high school, but since I have graduated I don't really see them anymore. People here at PC are really the only people that I associate with that still play and discuss Pokemon. It is the main reason that I joined!

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    I came to pokecommunity because I was alone enjoying the game.. Had 1 or 2 friends playing pokemon but well they're not always available

mgalles18

Snootchie Bootchies!!!
    Years
  • It is relatively rare to find people my age that still enjoy playing Pokemon. A lot of people do see it as childish, but I've learned to not care about it, I'm comfortable in my own skin and refuse to be molded by outside forces. I do enjoy things that people would consider "macho" like mixed martial arts, football, first-person shooters like Call of Duty, etc. But I also love playing Pokemon--I just like what I like and do what I love and no one can convince me to do it any other way :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I know a lot of people my age who live around me who still like pokemon, but most of the time, I am usually the only one who has WiFi to trade and things. I usually also never really talk about pokemon with them. Well, my Soph. year, a lot of us would bring out Poke Walkers and things to school. That was probably the most I have ever talked about pokemon in a long time with others.

LindseyTNamez

Wataru's Dragon Protege
    Years
  • I know literally NO ONE besides maybe a friend or two on twitter and a handful on tumblr that are into pokemon. I play the games (emulators mainly cause I have no gaming systems, I plan to get a 2DS though) and read the manga. My parents like the stuff from when I was little but that's pretty much it.
    I came to PC to meet people that love it as much as I do, I have the VHS tapes, the mangas, plushies, even the burger king gold plated pokeballs and key chains still! I also have my pikachu N64 somewhere haha!

I even plan to cosplay as Yellow at Wizard World but can't find anyone to cosplay as Blue or Lance to go with me so that makes me sad. The struggles of being a long time pokemon fan I suppose!

Years
  • There aren't too many people I know that really care about Pokemon, in fact I could probably count them on one hand (a couple of cousins and two of my co-workers). Not that I go around asking people if they still like it or anything- I'm perfectly content just playing the games and following along with the series myself, while discussing it on a place like PC.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Even though I don't know anyone on my friends in real life that know Pokémon right now, I have a cousin that loves to watch and play Pokémon games that sometimes I find myself talking about Pokémon stuff with him, even though I don't see him often because he's usually in another country.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    No, I don't really at all. I joined Pokécommunity as I just wanted to talk and discuss the games with people who liked them. Also, I joined in the start of secondary school aka that time where everything is uncool if it isn't a fad and you get picked on for being even slightly different.

Back